Author Topic: Bodybuilding food myths  (Read 17723 times)

Simple Simon

Re: Bodybuilding food myths
« Reply #75 on: December 06, 2016, 02:55:07 PM »

only took me 14 years to realize this fact

now i can finally get the gains of a lifetym

yep, 200gms protein and then anything you like.
Excess cals are excess cals.
And while you are on a bulk its good to spike insulin as it makes you eat more

8 inch not biceps approved.

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #76 on: December 06, 2016, 03:01:23 PM »
i really start to think now that the best bulking diet is just shoveling high calorie shit with a lot of protein down

all that 6 meal a day clean food shit is fucking bullshit

every goddamn bodybuilder on youtube lying his ass off

So let me get this straight, you think in these videos of lets say Cutler or Coleman that were shot by Mitsuru Okabe, they go through all of this trouble cooking all this food, eat it, then off camera go and slam a large pizza. Like Coleman, dudes bringing chicken and potatoes in tuperware to the police station, they show him eating it in his cop car..he's doing it just for the camera? After the scene he goes back to the station and slams some doughnuts and coffee with the rest of the cops? Why would they go through all that trouble, I understand lie about drugs, but why food? I know Juan Morrell keeps eat real, his cheat videos are epic, guy has a crazy appetite, but I just don't see them having a reason to lie about food.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: December 06, 2016, 03:31:00 PM »
I don't think guys like cutler are lying just too scared of losing their edge to test whether or not they really need to eat like that.  Lots of successful guys who started off doing everything by the book probably never have enough incentive to test whether they could try something else and get the same results.

light weight baby

• Getbig IV
« Reply #78 on: December 06, 2016, 05:23:08 PM »
So let me get this straight, you think in these videos of lets say Cutler or Coleman that were shot by Mitsuru Okabe, they go through all of this trouble cooking all this food, eat it, then off camera go and slam a large pizza. Like Coleman, dudes bringing chicken and potatoes in tuperware to the police station, they show him eating it in his cop car..he's doing it just for the camera? After the scene he goes back to the station and slams some doughnuts and coffee with the rest of the cops? Why would they go through all that trouble, I understand lie about drugs, but why food? I know Juan Morrell keeps eat real, his cheat videos are epic, guy has a crazy appetite, but I just don't see them having a reason to lie about food.
most videos are about contest prep not about bulking to 330lbs on chicken and broccoli

and yes i do think they do a lot of thing just for the cameras

Simple Simon

« Reply #79 on: December 06, 2016, 09:58:36 PM »
Eat your chicken and rice for a month and then add in 3 pizza a week and maintain the same cals

then see how different you look.

Save you the trouble, you will look exactly the same.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #80 on: December 06, 2016, 10:01:17 PM »

Thank you.   The hardest thing any bodybuilder ever learns... is how to eat like a bodybuilder. The end.
a

Simple Simon

« Reply #81 on: December 07, 2016, 12:44:31 AM »
Thank you.   The hardest thing any bodybuilder ever learns... is how to eat like a bodybuilder. The end.

More and more people are wising up to the fact that you don't need to eat chicken and rice for 16 weeks.
Soon the day of the 40 Tupperware tubs going rank in the fridge for a week will be long gone.

If you are competing the only time you should really be looking at what you eat in great detail is the last couple of weeks so you are not using foods that could effect your conditioning come show day.

And as for Ronnie, he used to eat tubs of barbecue sauce all day with his chicken.

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #82 on: December 07, 2016, 04:58:18 PM »

only during prep,,  it depend at your level ,, if you are professional that compete a lot its more constant but when you competre coupel times a year its diferent,,

generaly speaking our cheating food is sushi.. this is wht we eat when not prepping .. so its not exactly bad food ..it is the healthiest food out there

strict food only applies while preping

tons of bodybuild eat subs and vietnameae and german and Jamaican and tons of diferent foods when not preping,, when preping it changes especialy last few weeks

i have yet to see a bodybuild who eat dry and boring all years long ..none ..not even one ...i did see few wanna bes who do it but they didn't get anywhere

gh15 approved
fallen angel

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #83 on: December 07, 2016, 05:01:50 PM »
it all depends on the hormones you are on really when you are in the so called offseason..

again it depends on yoru level ..if you are pro bodybuild that competre a lot then you will stick to same diet more or less... if you are a bodybuild that compete once a year or ttwice a year you wont

in any case sushi ..raw fish ..white rice.. eggwhite drinks.. pineapples.. bananas ..these are all integral part of our diets on and off season

there is noting better than sushi for bodybuilding especialy if the chef know you are ocd and get it ready like you like it which is true in any pro bodybuild case ..the chefs know us the all damn places know us ..we have dished name after us in some cases,,

gh15 approved
fallen angel

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: December 07, 2016, 05:44:34 PM »
only during prep,,  it depend at your level ,, if you are professional that compete a lot its more constant but when you competre coupel times a year its diferent,,

generaly speaking our cheating food is sushi.. this is wht we eat when not prepping .. so its not exactly bad food ..it is the healthiest food out there

strict food only applies while preping

tons of bodybuild eat subs and vietnameae and german and Jamaican and tons of diferent foods when not preping,, when preping it changes especialy last few weeks

i have yet to see a bodybuild who eat dry and boring all years long ..none ..not even one ...i did see few wanna bes who do it but they didn't get anywhere

gh15 approved
Exactly, they are not bombing their bodies with tons of sugar and saturated fats even when they cheat, most of the top guys in the off season eat pretty clean usually 5 clean meals and 1 cheat meal a day, hell look at the video of Kai Greene when he cheats at Ihop, he's not bombing his body with ice cream sundays, cookies, brownies, and burgers...the guy orders like 3 rounds of steak, eggs, I think he had like 2 salads, the worst thing he ordered was garlic bread and an order of pancakes and that was right after a show.

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #85 on: December 07, 2016, 05:53:14 PM »
^correct ,, we eat until we are satisfied,, never realy push it to the limit,, the body tel you when to stop.. i don't relly know anyone who eat until they are super super full where they cant eat any bite after ..doesn't work this way ..maybe in piano idiotic youtubas

gh15 approved
fallen angel

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: December 07, 2016, 06:01:28 PM »
^correct ,, we eat until we are satisfied,, never realy push it to the limit,, the body tel you when to stop.. i don't relly know anyone who eat until they are super super full where they cant eat any bite after ..doesn't work this way ..maybe in piano idiotic youtubas

gh15 approved
One funny video I did see was of Antoine Vaillant and Frank McGrath after the Toronto Pro show, where Antoine films McGrath waking up and theres like 2 empty boxes of ice cream cake and like a bunch of cans of empty Coke in Franks bed, Antoine wakes Frank up and the first thing he does is start licking the chocolate residue from the cakes boxes, post show that's common, but a normal offseason diet is clean, just more calories and very flexible.

Simple Simon

« Reply #87 on: December 07, 2016, 10:09:17 PM »
Exactly, they are not bombing their bodies with tons of sugar and saturated fats even when they cheat, most of the top guys in the off season eat pretty clean usually 5 clean meals and 1 cheat meal a day, hell look at the video of Kai Greene when he cheats at Ihop, he's not bombing his body with ice cream sundays, cookies, brownies, and burgers...the guy orders like 3 rounds of steak, eggs, I think he had like 2 salads, the worst thing he ordered was garlic bread and an order of pancakes and that was right after a show.
whats wrong with garlic bread and pancakes?

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #88 on: December 07, 2016, 11:49:48 PM »
whats wrong with garlic bread and pancakes?

Bad breath..

Simple Simon

« Reply #89 on: December 08, 2016, 12:13:16 AM »
One funny video I did see was of Antoine Vaillant and Frank McGrath after the Toronto Pro show, where Antoine films McGrath waking up and theres like 2 empty boxes of ice cream cake and like a bunch of cans of empty Coke in Franks bed, Antoine wakes Frank up and the first thing he does is start licking the chocolate residue from the cakes boxes, post show that's common, but a normal offseason diet is clean, just more calories and very flexible.

Does anyone really know what that statement means anymore?

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #90 on: December 08, 2016, 01:27:33 AM »
Eggs are bad for you  ::)

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
  • http://i.imgur.com/mCzI3N5.jpg
« Reply #91 on: December 08, 2016, 01:36:12 AM »
Does anyone really know what that statement means anymore?
I think its when you wash the food before you eat it...

old-school-lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #92 on: December 08, 2016, 09:14:52 PM »
Dexter Jackson circa 2005 told a local BB promoter for muscletech(his sponsor then) that off season he would eat 90 % of the time- CHINESE take away food- high in fat, sugar, salt, protein

obviously dexter is a genetic freak and would still be sharp/lean off season

pre contest he said he cleans up his diet more clean Japanese food etc

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #93 on: December 08, 2016, 09:15:41 PM »
Eggs are bad for you  ::)

they are not bad for you ...no ...this is one of the thing i am sometimes misunderstood about,, they are not bad i just dont recommend anyone here to eat 10 whole eggs a day and red meat every day for 20 years straight.. not on hormones

go for fish ..go for lean steaks and buffalo meat...go for venison .. but not every single day ...change it and have the core around fish while th buffalo or steaks in and out...same with whole eggs... the eggwhite drinks should be the core...the whole eggs should be thre but in moderation ..

this was my all point when i wrote it on gh15 boarding and it made waves from some idiots who decided i said that eggyoks wil kill you ...lol

moderation with egg yolks and red meat is key!

fish and eggwhites you dont have to have any moderation you can eat and drink it none stop for the rest of you most likely long life

gh15 approved
fallen angel

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #94 on: December 08, 2016, 09:16:41 PM »
Dexter Jackson circa 2005 told a local BB promoter for muscletech(his sponsor then) that off season he would eat 90 % of the time- CHINESE take away food- high in fat, sugar, salt, protein

obviously dexter is a genetic freak and would still be sharp/lean off season

pre contest he said he cleans up his diet more clean Japanese food etc

he like jap most,,

he also like chinese when in hurry lol

gh15 approved
fallen angel

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: December 08, 2016, 09:21:19 PM »
GH 15 what are your thoughts on Chipotle? Personally I love that place, good clean bodybuilding food, clean proteins, rice, veggies, can't go wrong...seems like Piana enjoys the cuisine there too.

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #96 on: December 09, 2016, 12:04:01 AM »
^lots of sodium evnthough sodium is good ,, the problem I hve with it is that its not all over the world so I cant eat it all the time and also.. it has issues salmonella or whatever in America so since then I dont know.. but over all whn I ate there in past I wasn't disgusted so thts good sign

gh15 approved
fallen angel

Simple Simon

« Reply #97 on: December 09, 2016, 02:33:24 AM »
GH 15 what are your thoughts on Chipotle? Personally I love that place, good clean bodybuilding food, clean proteins, rice, veggies, can't go wrong...seems like Piana enjoys the cuisine there too.
Fuck me, why are you asking this idiot anything?

Its a gimmick account at best.

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #98 on: December 09, 2016, 02:45:51 AM »
^its becaue he know whats good ..and he knows whats real ..and he knows what not a gimik : )

ok I'm done playing with you i need watch something imporent right now..2017 is when i will be able to do the pm question answered again ..i need to decide on some way to post both here and there...after the Christmas it will be done

gh15 approved
fallen angel

Simple Simon

« Reply #99 on: December 09, 2016, 03:19:28 AM »
^its becaue he know whats good ..and he knows whats real ..and he knows what not a gimik : )

ok I'm done playing with you i need watch something imporent right now..2017 is when i will be able to do the pm question answered again ..i need to decide on some way to post both here and there...after the Christmas it will be done

gh15 approved