Author Topic: Vegan Gains Is Broke - This Is Why I Never Focused On Youtube  (Read 35977 times)

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
Re: Vegan Gains Is Broke - This Is Why I Never Focused On Youtube
« Reply #100 on: April 26, 2017, 09:00:43 PM »
I had a YouTube channel of the world's best man on man action.

The only views I ever got were from Port Lucie, Florida and Manley Beach, Australia

I made $32,876,982 last year on it.

;D

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: April 26, 2017, 09:13:32 PM »
estimated income of youtubers in our world

1. bradley martyn?
2. calum von moger?
3. jerry ward?
4. lobinnner?
5. hodge twins?
6. the thin/ripped mexican kid in texas?

estimated income?

There's a site that gives a pretty reasonable estimate of the money made from YT ads...i don't remember what it is but the important thing is selling your own stuff and building a brand. Then you can transfer your audience to other social media platforms if necessary. I don't know who the thin ripped kid is or bradley martin but cvm, ward, hodges, lobliner, have other things going on that augment their YT.  If you're selling something and you turn you videos into basically advertisemernts for your product that could be worth 10,000s in advertising and make you 100,000s of dollars...much more than YT Google ad money. People are going to have to think of YT differently and not rely on Google advertisers. It's actually a VERY good thing that this is happening to VG and others. It forces them to do something they wouldn't have done but should have, get their own sponsors ,sell their own stuff,,,"crisis=danger or opportunity" type of thing depending on how you deal with it.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #102 on: April 28, 2017, 03:26:40 AM »
Behind the scenes, on VG's Youtube account, he will see a dollar sign icon that is grayed(demonetized) out or green(monetized). YT just demonetizes videos. You can contest it, then a human will yay or nay it, possibly overruling the algorithm.,,but the employees that "yay or nay" have rules to follow and many times the algorithm is "correct".

To add to this - from experience - if you have an unfavourable occurrence with youtube, it is virtually impossible to get it reversed, nor will they ever disclose any specifics as to why it was demonetised / why you were copyright striked / why you have been suspended etc.  The very best you will get is an incredibly generic reason and a face full of closed doors and frustration.  

Even a few years ago, they were deliberately doing some basic filtration on subjects - I know someone who has some videos that have 911 (September 11) in the title.  He lost his monetisation on them.  I guarantee that with this latest incident, it is likely that you will not be able to make videos on many popular, but "taboo" subjects and it is more than likely that any channel with "controversial" content will suffer extreme adversity.  Google will never tell you this, they will never tell you why and they won't really give many tips on how to avoid this in the future.  Many many channels have died because of this.  I will see that guy tomorrow and I know he makes quite a few thousand a year off of one particular video that may court controversy they are no longer willing to bankroll (the video has multiple millions of views).

Anybody who thinks they are enjoying the end of vegan gains can think again, though - he is already up to 1200$ a month on patreon.

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #103 on: April 28, 2017, 11:03:53 AM »
Interesting how a young man on youtube with a following can get 40,000 views for having a PR bench of 240lbs. Fuck I once did 235lbs in a bodyweight for reps contest back in 98 and got 19 strict reps(17 approved) and I get no love lol.

Honestly I really do not understand how so many young men are training today and hardly any can bench 2 plates per side for reps unless on gear. Back in the late 80's it seemed among my peers in the gym, the 18-21 year olds who were drug free would bench 250-275 for 5 ish reps(twice a week) and the gassed up ones were in the 315 range for the same reps, Now they are all geared up just to bench 225 for 1-5 reps lol

"

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: April 28, 2017, 11:12:23 AM »

Even a few years ago, they were deliberately doing some basic filtration on subjects - I know someone who has some videos that have 911 (September 11) in the title.  He lost his monetisation on them.  I guarantee that with this latest incident, it is likely that you will not be able to make videos on many popular, but "taboo" subjects and it is more than likely that any channel with "controversial" content will suffer extreme adversity.  Google will never tell you this, they will never tell you why and they won't really give many tips on how to avoid this in the future.  Many many channels have died because of this.  I will see that guy tomorrow and I know he makes quite a few thousand a year off of one particular video that may court controversy they are no longer willing to bankroll (the video has multiple millions of views).

"The powers that be" want it so that they are the only ones that can even discuss the news. There are key words or phrases like "drone attack", "isis" or "drug dealing" that automatically cause a video to be demonetized if those words are in the title or description........UNLES S its CNN, Fox, etc....and, as you know, or anyone that has made a video knows, demonetizing means de-incentivizing, which means you don't waste your time making the video because the incentive($$$$$) is taken away.  Furthermore, they're working on demonetizing for "offensive" spoken words that the automated transcriber picks up and, once again, this will not affect CNN, Fox, NBC...  We already have official high-priests that report and interpret the news and that's the way it should stay! ;)

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: April 28, 2017, 11:20:20 AM »

Honestly I really do not understand how so many young men are training today and hardly any can bench 2 plates per side for reps unless on gear. Back in the late 80's it seemed among my peers in the gym, the 18-21 year olds who were drug free would bench 250-275 for 5 ish reps(twice a week) and the gassed up ones were in the 315 range for the same reps, Now they are all geared up just to bench 225 for 1-5 reps lol

Even in the late eighties, primarily the stronger, more "hardcore" people would go to gyms after being inspired by the movie Pumping Iron, Conan films, Rambo, Terminator, etc.... even the mainstream gyms were more hardcore like Golds franchises with the bald meathead logo, etc....now, practically EVERYONE goes to the gym. If practically everyone went to your gym in the 80s you'd see the same thing you see now.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #106 on: April 28, 2017, 11:31:19 AM »
"The powers that be" want it so that they are the only ones that can even discuss the news. There are key words or phrases like "drone attack", "isis" or "drug dealing" that automatically cause a video to be demonetized if those words are in the title or description........UNLES S its CNN, Fox, etc....and, as you know, or anyone that has made a video knows, demonetizing means de-incentivizing, which means you don't waste your time making the video because the incentive($$$$$) is taken away.  Furthermore, they're working on demonetizing for "offensive" spoken words that the automated transcriber picks up and, once again, this will not affect CNN, Fox, NBC...  We already have official high-priests that report and interpret the news and that's the way it should stay! ;)
One wonders if this will be the end of Tommy Sotomayor as well.

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: April 28, 2017, 11:39:19 AM »
One wonders if this will be the end of Tommy Sotomayor as well.

He could probably raise the money pretty easily through patreon(or something else if he's banned from there) and he may have a radio show or other sources of money. He could keep his overhead down if he stopped literally renting mansions to live in and do his show from, but that's his business ;D.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #108 on: April 28, 2017, 03:27:11 PM »
First World Problems! DurianRider keeping it real!

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: April 28, 2017, 04:06:14 PM »
Interesting how a young man on youtube with a following can get 40,000 views for having a PR bench of 240lbs. Fuck I once did 235lbs in a bodyweight for reps contest back in 98 and got 19 strict reps(17 approved) and I get no love lol.

Oh and it's even scarier when a guy tears his pec on 275 (spotted one geared up kid when it happened). We had a good weight program at my HS and I was benching 315 as a fairly light WR/tailback at 17.  I think I got 275 when I was 16.

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: April 29, 2017, 11:35:23 AM »

Sad!

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #111 on: April 29, 2017, 11:53:18 AM »

Wow!!

That is very strong for any weight.  I was around there myself - 225 for 20 strict reps when I weighed around 170-lb or so.

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #112 on: April 29, 2017, 01:46:01 PM »
Oh and it's even scarier when a guy tears his pec on 275 (spotted one geared up kid when it happened). We had a good weight program at my HS and I was benching 315 as a fairly light WR/tailback at 17.  I think I got 275 when I was 16.

I think the key point possibly here is that you guys had a good weight program at school. The same could be said for the gyms back then too, usually the owner or one of his employees/other gym members would help set you on some kind of path whereas today they get it all advice from the cut and pasters off the internet who are not shown practicing what they preach.

I don't know how many times I rolled my head over the years when some wanna be internet guru cuts and pastes some 60 page abstract on hemoglobin levels and a bunch acolytes on there "claim" to have read it. These are most add fucks who barely finished their homework at night to get into college, gimme a break.

It's not that the info today is bad, it's that there is no real qualified in person constructive criticism, guidance and/or coaching except if you are rich

Wow!!

That is very strong for any weight.  I was around there myself - 225 for 20 strict reps when I weighed around 170-lb or so.

Thanks. I didn't find it very impressive back then because almost everyone else any day of the week in my gym could do that give or take 10-20lbs. What impressed me about that day for myself is I did it without a warmup and had practiced with 225 for a couple weeks leading up not knowing the scale I was using was off by 10 lbs. I was working part time at that gym at that time and got caught up helpinh out with something else on my name got called 2nd lol so I had no time to prepare or be prepared that I in fact weighed 232 instead of 225ish and would have to do 10lbs more than I though, without a warmup
"

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #113 on: April 29, 2017, 06:26:54 PM »
without a warmup

Anything you can do for 20.. IS a warmup :)

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: April 29, 2017, 10:16:06 PM »
I think the key point possibly here is that you guys had a good weight program at school. The same could be said for the gyms back then too, usually the owner or one of his employees/other gym members would help set you on some kind of path whereas today they get it all advice from the cut and pasters off the internet who are not shown practicing what they preach.

I don't know how many times I rolled my head over the years when some wanna be internet guru cuts and pastes some 60 page abstract on hemoglobin levels and a bunch acolytes on there "claim" to have read it. These are most add fucks who barely finished their homework at night to get into college, gimme a break.

It's not that the info today is bad, it's that there is no real qualified in person constructive criticism, guidance and/or coaching except if you are rich

No doubt I trained at a very well known gym outside of Boston back in the day and won big teenage contests in the 165's because the owner and other serious powerlifters coached/mentored us. They would post top lifts on a board as you entered the gym. I never felt a pec twinge even when I was over 500. I started lifting on the plastic weights at about 13 and my fist contest bench over 400 was at 20. Seven years of steady training gave me a solid foundation.

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: April 30, 2017, 05:26:09 AM »
No doubt I trained at a very well known gym outside of Boston back in the day and won big teenage contests in the 165's because the owner and other serious powerlifters coached/mentored us. They would post top lifts on a board as you entered the gym. I never felt a pec twinge even when I was over 500. I started lifting on the plastic weights at about 13 and my fist contest bench over 400 was at 20. Seven years of steady training gave me a solid foundation.
You benched 500?

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #116 on: April 30, 2017, 05:41:12 AM »

The views are because of him rather then the weight lifted. Even if a video of someone benching 135 is posted, it would still get thousands of views if that person has a lot of subscribers and followers.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: April 30, 2017, 05:54:38 AM »
Wow!!

That is very strong for any weight.  I was around there myself - 225 for 20 strict reps when I weighed around 170-lb or so.

Matt you should post the video of this.  I'm sure you would have recorded this remarkable feat of strength as you do for everything else you attempt.

BBSSchlemiel

• Getbig IV
« Reply #118 on: May 01, 2017, 05:32:08 AM »

Right. In my high school class, we had plenty of kids repping 315 on incline and 495 on squats. I had the high school record in the deadlift at 700.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #119 on: May 01, 2017, 08:39:19 AM »
Well it appears that his Patreon account is going to keep him going for a little longer.  He has enough supporters to pay him almost 1800 bucks a month to continue his content.  However, this is like nailing a few planks under a heavily leaking ship because he'll have to pay taxes on all of those donations.  Either the lawsuits or the criminal charges will shut him down
A

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #120 on: May 01, 2017, 08:58:55 AM »
Well it appears that his Patreon account is going to keep him going for a little longer.  He has enough supporters to pay him almost 1800 bucks a month to continue his content.  However, this is like nailing a few planks under a heavily leaking ship because he'll have to pay taxes on all of those donations.  Either the lawsuits or the criminal charges will shut him down

again with your wildly unfounded speculations.

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: May 01, 2017, 09:22:24 AM »

Is 1800 a month enough to survive on?   ???

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #122 on: May 01, 2017, 09:26:22 AM »

Not in any major American city.
X

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #123 on: May 01, 2017, 09:29:23 AM »
Goodrum, can't you donate a few bitcoins to this half-hebrew?

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #124 on: May 01, 2017, 09:31:53 AM »

Maybe for one person but he has a wife so no..
A