Author Topic: Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor - Discussion  (Read 70049 times)

James

Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor - Discussion
« Reply #175 on: August 16, 2017, 11:19:02 AM »
NSAC Approves 8oz Gloves Request

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #176 on: August 16, 2017, 11:29:22 AM »
RATHER, Where and when was that bet made?

26 to 1, but I am unsure if that one+ round victory is available here in LV .....   but you can pick the round in which you think Conor would win.

If I recall correctly its was something like 13 to 1.

dont know where it was made, but i think it was really early, like when they just made it official to fight

dont think any bets like that are available now

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #177 on: August 17, 2017, 05:41:08 AM »
Seems like the hype for this fight is dying out.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #178 on: August 17, 2017, 07:04:18 AM »
OLDTIMER, You may be right if you are referring to the fight comments made here on this GetBig Board, but here in town the main "hype" is .....

Will all those seats get sold at the current asking prices?

Will there be a major price reduction a few days before and on the day of the fight?

Will all the hotel rooms be overbooked that weekend?

And of course .... Is Mayweather really gonna win this one as most everyone anticipates?

If you do decide to come to town on fight weekend, you can still  book a decent room for a nightly price of less than $200 ..... and even a couple of places for slightly less than $100 ... but that does not include the unadvertised "Resort fee" which is about $25/night extra.

And the fight ticket prices presently run from a low of $1,400 and all the way up to $109,195 plus "fees". That expensive one is front row and there are two available at present.

Apparently .. INSANITY REIGNS!

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #179 on: August 17, 2017, 08:06:45 AM »
It's a work, from start to finish... Even this sparring with Malignaggi's controversy looks staged to hype it up, and now we have Mayweather being knocked out by Judah apparently... I have no problem with this kind of spectacles, but people should know better, and hopefully a "win" over an MMA 0-0-0 guy doesn't add to Mayweather's record... It there's no robbery, controversy, corruption involved the real fight should be Golovkin-Canelo, but i don't have high hopes for this either, american's boxing is a corrupt joke...

sadly boxing lost it around the late 90s  :'(

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #180 on: August 17, 2017, 11:08:57 AM »
sadly boxing lost it around the late 90s  :'(
That's because the american's boxing establishment is too corrupt, biased and butthurt, trying to stay on top with any mean necessary, trying to revive the illusion of the "golden eras"... Boxing is global now, it's not a domestic sport anymore, the potential is unlimited... There are better and more exciting fighters coming from Europe and Cuba, by the ex-soviet's programs, and Asia, but instead of embracing new talents they protect the americans through disgusting robberies and corruption... Just look at how America always treated two phenoms and potential GOATs like the Klitschko brothers, both Kovalev-Ward's robberies, how they treat and rob Pacquiao, and so on... Golovkin-Canelo is the last chance for my interest in the sport...

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #181 on: August 17, 2017, 11:13:01 AM »
That's because the american's boxing establishment is too corrupt, biased and butthurt, trying to stay on top with any mean necessary, trying to revive the illusion of the "golden eras"... Boxing is global now, it's not a domestic sport anymore, the potential is unlimited... There are better and more exciting fighters coming from Europe and Cuba, by the ex-soviet's programs, and Asia, but instead of embracing new talents they protect the americans through disgusting robberies and corruption... Just look at how America always treated two phenoms and potential GOATs like the Klitschko brothers, both Kovalev-Ward's robberies, how they treat and rob Pacquiao, and so on... Golovkin-Canelo is the last chance for my interest in the sport...

yeah that's a good point

ggg will knock him out in their bout so that won't be able to be fixed by a corrupt decision

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
« Reply #182 on: August 17, 2017, 04:56:33 PM »
NSAC Approves 8oz Gloves Request

They're obviously having trouble selling the fight...claims of knockdowns in sparring...smaller gloves...no one is buying Mcgregor catching Floyd in boxing. If they wanted the type of money they want..it should have been mma. We know Mcgregor cant really box...it would be curious if mayweather could fight mma...Rocky 5 style...They want the freak show money but won't give us the freak show....

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #183 on: August 19, 2017, 10:55:01 AM »
yeah that's a good point

ggg will knock him out in their bout so that won't be able to be fixed by a corrupt decision
Let's hope... If it goes to the cards we know what happens, it's a Golden Boy's promotion and Canelo is know to be a very protected star (scorecards vs Trout, Lara and Khan were a joke, plus the stupid catchweights at 155 ducking the MW's division)... Unless they made a deal for future rematches, and that's a real possibility also, sadly...

MoralMan

• Getbig III
« Reply #184 on: August 19, 2017, 11:41:24 AM »
Conor would NEVER win a legit boxing match V Floyd but I think its a fix which he might win.

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #185 on: August 19, 2017, 12:17:41 PM »
Let's hope... If it goes to the cards we know what happens, it's a Golden Boy's promotion and Canelo is know to be a very protected star (scorecards vs Trout, Lara and Khan were a joke, plus the stupid catchweights at 155 ducking the MW's division)... Unless they made a deal for future rematches, and that's a real possibility also, sadly...

Agree with your point re Canelo being protected but he didn't need points against Khan, remember that explosive sixth round KO?

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #186 on: August 19, 2017, 12:49:21 PM »

GGG is probably the last boxer I would see accepting a fix. I might be wrong though. He's agressive, disciplined, skillful and  powerful. I would be surprised if Canelo lasts more than 8 rounds.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #187 on: August 19, 2017, 02:04:43 PM »
so which getbigger is grabbing those 100 000 dollar seats  ???

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #188 on: August 19, 2017, 07:43:51 PM »
I think this is going to be the most boring fight of all time with Mcgregor not being able to land any meaningful punches. Conor will lose every round.  Mayweather will run the first 4 or 5 rounds then realize the guy can't hurt him. Then he will put a beating on Conor. Everyone knows if this was a UFC fight Mayweather wouldn't last 30 seconds with him.  Like a fool I will buy this fight over the Canelo/GGG fight.

James

« Reply #189 on: August 19, 2017, 09:07:56 PM »
Bas Rutten "McGregor will KNOCK Mayweather OUT inside 4 rounds,

AusBB

• Getbig II
« Reply #190 on: August 20, 2017, 01:39:49 AM »
I've said it before, and I'll say it again...The fight is going to be a work.  There will be two fights. Whoever wins the first fight will agree to lose the second fight, ensuring the whole Mayweather vs McGregor thing is a wash in the end.  Everything agreed upon in advance by both fighters.  Mark my words.

For your theory to make sense, McGregor would need to win the first fight and then agree to a rematch.

How on earth would they sell a rematch if Mayweather won the first match as expected?

At least think your conspiracy theories through bro...

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #191 on: August 20, 2017, 02:08:58 AM »
depends on how he wins it.

if it's a close fight and conor done enough damage for a mayweather win to be debatable, then there's reason for a re-match

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #192 on: August 20, 2017, 02:35:01 AM »
Bas Rutten "McGregor will KNOCK Mayweather OUT inside 4 rounds,

who the ruck is this ass rotten turd ???
I'm
never heard of him   ???

who love to see a prime TOMMY HEARNS knock his ass out with his deadly overhand right   8)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #193 on: August 20, 2017, 01:51:37 PM »
I'm
never heard of him   ???

who love to see a prime TOMMY HEARNS knock his ass out with his deadly overhand right   8)

Prime Tommy Hearns weighed anywhere from 147 to 160.

Bas Rutten weighed a ripped 215 and would send Hit Man to the hospital with one well placed roundhouse.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #194 on: August 20, 2017, 07:20:00 PM »
Prime Tommy Hearns weighed anywhere from 147 to 160.

Bas Rutten weighed a ripped 215 and would send Hit Man to the hospital with one well placed open hand slap.

BananaHammock

• Getbig II
« Reply #195 on: August 20, 2017, 07:25:47 PM »
I'm
never heard of him   ???

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #196 on: August 20, 2017, 11:21:35 PM »
6 days left!

TRIX

• Getbig IV
  • If you mess with me I'll have to fuck you up
« Reply #197 on: August 20, 2017, 11:47:11 PM »
How come it's $100 USD yet it's like 20 pounds in the U.K. And like 60 AUD in australia which is $47 USD LOL

AusBB

• Getbig II
« Reply #198 on: August 20, 2017, 11:49:01 PM »
How come it's $100 USD yet it's like 20 pounds in the U.K. And like 60 AUD in australia which is $47 USD LOL

Im surprised its only $60AUD in oz considering thats what crappy UFC PPV's cost

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #199 on: August 20, 2017, 11:57:06 PM »
i suppose nobody would want to pay more than 20 dollars in england is the answer  :D