Author Topic: Cyclist legs  (Read 5130 times)

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
Re: Cyclist legs
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2018, 06:09:49 PM »
I'm talking about her once a week lactic ride (road cycling) and yes, she does. I don't set her cycling schedule.

She absolutely doesn't ride 70 miles under two hours on the road, lol. No one does. Not the peloton at the Tour de France. Not any professional bike race ever ridden. I think you are misunderstanding her. Was she saying 70 kilometers (43+ miles) ? That would make sense. She is a track racer so she would not be very quick on long rides anyways. All trackies suck at distance unless they are pursuiters (4000-5000 meter races).

http://slocyclist.com/whats-the-average-speed-of-tour-de-france-riders-in-mph/

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2018, 06:17:02 PM »
K, maybe I’m wrong. I’ll text her to see

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2018, 06:42:50 PM »
She absolutely doesn't ride 70 miles under two hours on the road, lol. No one does. Not the peloton at the Tour de France. Not any professional bike race ever ridden. I think you are misunderstanding her. Was she saying 70 kilometers (43+ miles) ? That would make sense. She is a track racer so she would not be very quick on long rides anyways. All trackies suck at distance unless they are pursuiters (4000-5000 meter races).

http://slocyclist.com/whats-the-average-speed-of-tour-de-france-riders-in-mph/

“Joe! I'm doing great! How are you guys? Also, excellent question. If I was doing a solo 2-hour ride it was usually between 40 and 50 miles (depending on hills vs. flats, wind, etc). In a group ride with the distance would be around 60 (drafting helps SO MUCH on those days). Some endurance workouts are better or worse than others depending on all of the variables, haha 😊”

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2018, 10:08:50 PM »
That's a bit more believable... 70 miles in 2 hrs is too much. I think the hour record is about 35 mph, after all.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2018, 10:20:07 PM »
That's a bit more believable... 70 miles in 2 hrs is too much. I think the hour record is about 35 mph, after all.

Yes, I was off a little. Her distance rides would either start at my facility or the bike shop close to us. From HB she would ride South down PCH (fairly flat) all the way up to Newport Coast. Up Newport Coast (very hilly) then back down (not sure where) a loop that would take her back down. I would have to guess she made good time on the flat part of PCH then on the down side of the loop back down to PCH.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2018, 12:29:43 PM »
Coach, what do you feel is the actual gain for doing weights for the purpose of cycling? is it more posture/pain prevention? Weight target to optimise power/weight?

I am geared crazily towards anaerobic and raced keiran some time ago. I can sprint well but not a pure sprinter. a 20-30 second effort is where i am at the top.

My experience has been heavy weights plus riding and low dose test for blood was not as effective as light weights (as in.i could train.3x/wk the time bodypart without problem and no doms) plus riding plus low dose test for blood.

There is always a mixture of bodytypes at the track. big muscle guys, dudes at 80kg, dudes that are fat. No bodytype really seems to overwhelmingly win. in fact the big muscle guys dont seem to win all that much.

Are trainers looking to keep bodyweight down now?   I'm also talking hypothetical athletes who are 'on'. Trends change over time so is it more mobaility stuff.and injury prevention?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2018, 12:36:46 PM »
that german dude legs are pretty stupid big

they are even bigger since the rest of his body is so small

He's probably not concerned with symmetry. Like runners, bicyclist tend to have disproportionately large, muscular legs and smaller/lighter upper bodies. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2018, 12:38:54 PM »
That's Robert Forstemann. My client is the female version him...

Imagine trying to find clothes that fit.