Author Topic: Anderson Cooper forced to apologize about smear campaign against Comey & Mueller  (Read 7514 times)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
correct

Yeah, so if it's the other: What's your opinion?

I'll admit it's a weird one, and for some reason it wasn't on my radar when it came up.  So I missed looking at it closely.  It seems to be one that'd take some time to get a proper idea about.

???

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Yeah, so if it's the other: What's your opinion?

I'll admit it's a weird one, and for some reason it wasn't on my radar when it came up.  So I missed looking at it closely.  It seems to be one that'd take some time to get a proper idea about.

???

I was watching The Six Million Dollar Man tonight and it's the episode where he realizes he is property

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Do you see any threat to us being incrementally misled this way?  By using the one to do the other, then back and forth toward a direction not our own.

Of course I see a threat. The general population doesn't seem to notice the difference in news reporting and opinion making. Confirmation bias is running rampant. The only news source that is reliable is the one they listen to. There will be a pod of people that continue to vet the information to try and determine whats factual, but that takes time and effort. Not something most people seem to want to do

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
I was watching The Six Million Dollar Man tonight and it's the episode where he realizes he is property

I don't know what to say.  No question, it's very interesting.

Clearly, it IS political in nature - so the line could be walked to make it "safe" for this board.  I really can't see why not.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
Of course I see a threat. The general population doesn't seem to notice the difference in news reporting and opinion making. Confirmation bias is running rampant. The only news source that is reliable is the one they listen to. There will be a pod of people that continue to vet the information to try and determine whats factual, but that takes time and effort. Not something most people seem to want to do

Agreed.  But that seems to represent an even greater concern, which is the potential for creating two "schools" to endlessly tangle toward a direction that absolutely none of us, as common citizens, would ever want to take.

Good post, Agnostic.  I'm trying to think of any other way that we common ones could be led from our interests, further and further away, yet have it appear to be by our own will.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Well said.  That's MSM.

He's an empty suit who survives in the comfort of knowing he'll never be tested.  His fake world of MSM doesn't allow for challenge, since it's a one-way message.  He says what he's told - and doesn't even need to think about it.  Weak.

I'm sure he believes his eyes will save him someday, though.

Although he's not so much a news caster as a celebrity, Shaun Hannity has his flaws as well.

• Fox News host Sean Hannity in 2017 took out $2.5 million in loans against his Long Island mansion.

• Hannity also has been identified as the person behind nearly two dozen shell companies that have purchased almost 900 properties in seven states over the past decade.

• Hannity was identified recently as a client of Michael Cohen, the long-time personal lawyer for President Donald Trump.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

Although he's not so much a news caster as a celebrity, Shaun Hannity has his flaws as well.

• Fox News host Sean Hannity in 2017 took out $2.5 million in loans against his Long Island mansion.

• Hannity also has been identified as the person behind nearly two dozen shell companies that have purchased almost 900 properties in seven states over the past decade.

• Hannity was identified recently as a client of Michael Cohen, the long-time personal lawyer for President Donald Trump.

How are any those things flaws? 

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
Same as Cooper, yeah.  It's like two cons pretending not to know what the other is up to.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Same as Cooper, yeah.  It's like two cons pretending not to know what the other is up to.

what's Cooper up to?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
what's Cooper up to?

As it relates to Hannity, he's doing about the same amount of nothing.  Just a blithering blatherer who doesn't need to think, or concern himself with real challenge.

Neither of them put any meaningful thought into what they do.  In all of mainstream media, the closest example I can think of for someone who does anything independent, may be an "investigative reporter" on local news - usually busting a gas station for overcharging (something like that).  But not much IR segments to be found anymore, even.  It's gotten so upside-down.

The point of your thread stands, though.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
It's funny, so to speak, because it displays how screwed it really is.  An $11-million salary (whatever it is) going to someone for the purpose of being a doorstop with blue eyes.

If it worked as it should, the first indicator would show the exact opposite of that. 

Proof it's 100% backwards, right there.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
As it relates to Hannity, he's doing about the same amount of nothing.  Just a blithering blatherer who doesn't need to think, or concern himself with real challenge.

Neither of them put any meaningful thought into what they do.  In all of mainstream media, the closest example I can think of for someone who does anything independent, may be an "investigative reporter" on local news - usually busting a gas station for overcharging (something like that).  But not much IR segments to be found anymore, even.  It's gotten so upside-down.

The point of your thread stands, though.

You don't think Hannity puts any thought into what he does?

I wouldn't say that

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !

I wouldn't say that

Oh, I'm sure he gets his best Fake going in the mirror (for several hours each day).

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
You should bust out a thread on the other, Straw.  Give us what you know.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
You should bust out a thread on the other, Straw.  Give us what you know.

the other ?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
the other ?

Yes, the UFO story we touched on earlier in this thread.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Yes, the UFO story we touched on earlier in this thread.

The Men in Black visited me after I made that post and now I can't talk about it any more

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
The Men in Black visited me after I made that post and now I can't talk about it any more

Ah, got it.  Please be careful - and don't forget to look both ways while crossing the street!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
How are any those things flaws? 

Because I say they are.  ;)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
It's funny, so to speak, because it displays how screwed it really is.  An $11-million salary (whatever it is) going to someone for the purpose of being a doorstop with blue eyes.

If it worked as it should, the first indicator would show the exact opposite of that. 

Proof it's 100% backwards, right there.

Without an audience, Cooper would be out of a job. So, while you believe he is "a doorstop with blue eyes," he's apparently very good at it. If anything is upside down or backwards, it is sizable segment of American audiences. Anderson Cooper is a money maker for whomever employs him.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V

I wouldn't say that

Neither would I. Hannity carefully crafts his tall tales to appeal to his audience who apparently are enormously gullible.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Neither would I. Hannity carefully crafts his tall tales to appeal to his audience who apparently are enormously gullible.

I think there are differences but CNN, MSNBS and FOX are pretty much guilty of similar offenses. Shepard Smith is as close to unbiased as FOX has. I don't think CNN has a Shepard Fox

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
I think there are differences but CNN, MSNBS and FOX are pretty much guilty of similar offenses. Shepard Smith is as close to unbiased as FOX has. I don't think CNN has a Shepard Fox

Shepard Smith is probably the most liberal host on Fox, so of course you would say this. 

Bret Baier is the most nonpartisan host on Fox. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Shepard Smith is probably the most liberal host on Fox, so of course you would say this. 

Bret Baier is the most nonpartisan host on Fox. 

I would say anyone on FOX who doesn't kiss Trumps ass 24/7 is least partisan. You have the MOST PRO TRUMP news source on cable.. with an anchor who questions the norm on fox, I'd say that is very nonpartisan

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
Without an audience, Cooper would be out of a job. So, while you believe he is "a doorstop with blue eyes," he's apparently very good at it.

I'm not sure what to say.  That's unfortunate.

If anything is upside down or backwards, it is sizable segment of American audiences. Anderson Cooper is a money maker for whomever employs him.

Do you think it may be related to doorstops in any way, Prime?