Author Topic: Matt C. Cycle Update.  (Read 148988 times)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Re: Matt C. Cycle Update.
« Reply #2375 on: September 20, 2022, 05:52:46 AM »
Sounds like it’s a “no” on the 25x75 video.
I honestly don`t think anyone here could do it except for possibly tommywishbone and he`d have to train for it.....that`s a shitload of reps and just another BS lie from Hanky......he didn`t think that one out too long before he posted it.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #2376 on: September 20, 2022, 06:26:44 AM »
Did a couple of sets Matt Canning style Dumbell shoulder presses today. It's actually brutal on the wrists and I'd say Matt has incredibly strong wrists rather than weak ones.

The technique also seems to target the front delts more which might help explain his overpowering front delts.

It was also far easier to get the weight and reps out, surprisingly it was easier than even doing short/pump reps. Whoever said (might have been Bhanky) that it was allowing a "rest" (tension off) was right as it took the tension off the shoulders and put them on the wrists. Seriously Matt must have retardedly strong wrists.

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #2377 on: September 20, 2022, 06:27:16 AM »
I’ve done 70x40-50 full range on shoulder presses weighing about 230 and I’ve done 70 for 60-70 full range when weighing 250. Now if I did shoulder presses for a couple weeks weighing 215-220 I bet I could get 70-25. Just saying.

70lbs was my extremely comfortable weight when doing shoulder presses and I could smoke them.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #2378 on: September 20, 2022, 06:31:43 AM »
Hi Wes !   🙋‍♀️

I hope that you’re doing well. I’m doing a little bit better now and I’m going home to see my Mom in October. She’s doing better and thank you for your kind support.

I am now able to do two full depth squats with 225 lbs and I’m still following your program and some of the program Henda sent me.  Hi Henda !   🙋‍♀️

I am hoping to try a double bodyweight squat in November. So if I plan it correctly I will have to squat 255-260 lbs. For the sake of full disclosure I am squatting with my knee wraps on. I won’t be involved with the stupidity of this thread, but I know damn well I never lied about anyone’s weight.

Chaos, I’m hiking the Grand Canyon in a few weeks and will be staying a day or two in Flagstaff. I will select a house for you to buy me !  🙋‍♀️ Take care Hon.

Too late.

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #2379 on: September 20, 2022, 09:18:16 AM »
Did a couple of sets Matt Canning style Dumbell shoulder presses today. It's actually brutal on the wrists and I'd say Matt has incredibly strong wrists rather than weak ones.

The technique also seems to target the front delts more which might help explain his overpowering front delts.

It was also far easier to get the weight and reps out, surprisingly it was easier than even doing short/pump reps. Whoever said (might have been Bhanky) that it was allowing a "rest" (tension off) was right as it took the tension off the shoulders and put them on the wrists. Seriously Matt must have retardedly strong wrists.

Wrist strength is positively correlated to furious masturbation and Peter North loads.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2380 on: September 20, 2022, 09:48:30 AM »
;D ;D ;D

Those are good natural pictures of me, including the hair.  :D

It's also proof flat everything I lifted when on steroids, I have lifted naturally before. Which reminds me of some of the inadvertent compliments I've been getting on here. For example: Walter Sobchak stated that my current strength level is simply a function of steroids, and when I go off, I will lose my strength.  He doesn't even realize that statement is a COMPLIMENT.  He's suggesting I have strength worth even addressing at all. If I didn't post some impressive lifts, the concept of losing strength after my cessation of steroids wouldn't even be in the conversation.

But anyway, to address Walter: NO, I will not lose strength, as I will now be adjusting my training for a strength program.

Regarding those pictures you posted above, Palumboism: that's what I suspect I will look like in 1-3 months. More or less just back to my normal self.  I didn't even take enough juice to get a new pimple, so I suspect I will return to normal without issue.

Back to my previous question,  Palumboism: do you think I might have a touch of Palumboism? Is part of the process of Palumboism simply natural aging? Does one necessarily have to be juiced to have Palumboism?

I will need a bit more time back in the gym...but I feel like I'm getting a touch of Palumboism.

Also, is there a name for what happened to Scott Steiner and Markus Ruhl? How come their pecs started deteriorating despite neither ever tearing a pec?

I'll probably tear a pec trying to prove my strength on Getbig to people who don't believe video and photographic evidence directly in front of them.  ::)

Speaking of which - I couldn't get 700-lb on the machine press today!  >:(

Oh wait - that's because the machine can't FIT 700-lb.

;D

And you wonder why your pecs aren't to your liking.

Too much weight, not descending it down far enough, and your elbows are too close too your body.

You're using too much delt and tricep and not enough pec. You're on an incline machine but you're doing them just like a flat bench.

Use an actual barbell; bench should be no higher than 30o; use a wider grip; and keep your elbows UP and OUT.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2381 on: September 20, 2022, 10:27:55 AM »
I’ve done 70x40-50 full range on shoulder presses weighing about 230 and I’ve done 70 for 60-70 full range when weighing 250. Now if I did shoulder presses for a couple weeks weighing 215-220 I bet I could get 70-25. Just saying.

70lbs was my extremely comfortable weight when doing shoulder presses and I could smoke them.
My bad,I forgot about our other resident manimal.......great lifting Rob !!

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2382 on: September 20, 2022, 10:30:15 AM »
Wrist strength is positively correlated to furious masturbation and Peter North loads.
Sometimes ya` gotta` keep in touch with yourself
...FURIOUSLY !!  ;D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2383 on: September 20, 2022, 10:31:50 AM »
And you wonder why your pecs aren't to your liking.

Too much weight, not descending it down far enough, and your elbows are too close too your body.

You're using too much delt and tricep and not enough pec. You're on an incline machine but you're doing them just like a flat bench.

Use an actual barbell; bench should be no higher than 30o; use a wider grip; and keep your elbows UP and OUT.
Spot on advice!!

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #2384 on: September 20, 2022, 10:40:04 AM »
I think Matt needs to decide, is he training for strength or to improve his physique. The strength is there,  undeniable.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2385 on: September 20, 2022, 10:45:20 AM »
I think Matt needs to decide, is he training for strength or to improve his physique. The strength is there,  undeniable. if hes coming or going....

fixed

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #2386 on: September 20, 2022, 11:52:31 AM »
My bad,I forgot about our other resident manimal.......great lifting Rob !!

Haha no prob Wes, I will try it in a few days and see what I can actually get. I know what I’ve gotten in the past but that don’t matter now. So will update on shoulder day.

Titus Pullo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2387 on: September 20, 2022, 12:57:21 PM »
I honestly don`t think anyone here could do it except for possibly tommywishbone and he`d have to train for it.....that`s a shitload of reps and just another BS lie from Hanky......he didn`t think that one out too long before he posted it.

I know I couldn't.

I didn't like DB shoulder presses much in the beginning (circa late 1992), so I quit doing them.  In muscle activation terms (WTF do they call it?  EMG?), they might be marginally superior to straight bar free weights or Smith presses, but I think you waste too much energy getting them into position.

The closest I came to actual DB pressing was a strict set of Arnold Press in a DC routine.  I think I did 65s for 15 (?), but by that point my front delts were fried after a rest-pause set of inclines and a high-rep "widowmaker" set on some Cybex upright bench press.  I later altered my DC routine to alternate between chest and back exercises. 

Titus Pullo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2388 on: September 20, 2022, 01:02:30 PM »
Haha no prob Wes, I will try it in a few days and see what I can actually get. I know what I’ve gotten in the past but that don’t matter now. So will update on shoulder day.

I know you have it in you.  You're a machine.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2389 on: September 20, 2022, 01:03:24 PM »

stop listening to hanky....

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #2390 on: September 20, 2022, 01:36:11 PM »
Fuck no a leg press is not a squat you claimed you can do 385lbs for 2 reps ATG you said you can do 360 off the couch so fine let’s both do the same weight and see who does it better. 345lbs should be easy for you yes? Today yes? You claim to be so much stronger abs to squat so much more claiming 405 atg would be easy for you let’s find out. Squat strength challenge today 345lbs with the best form you can get let the board decide who does it better do you accept or not??

Shouldn't you be working?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #2391 on: September 20, 2022, 01:37:06 PM »
Shouldn't you be working?

many people work on computers

computers that are connected to the internet
Y

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #2392 on: September 20, 2022, 01:42:06 PM »
Hopefully that will be 19-1/2 years after you’re gone.

What do you not understand about my commitment to living longer than you just to spite you? Spite is a powerful tool for living a lengthy life.  ;D

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #2393 on: September 20, 2022, 01:47:17 PM »
many people work on computers

computers that are connected to the internet

Absolutely, however when you are posting on Getbig, you are technically not working at that moment. Let's suppose you are in a Zoom meeting with your fellow employees and you tell them you have to take a 5 minute break to post some nonsense on Getbig. How do you suppose that would sit with your supervisor? Folks who do this, wreak it for anyone wanting to work from home.  ;)

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2394 on: September 20, 2022, 01:52:37 PM »
What do you not understand about my commitment to living longer than you just to spite you? Spite is a powerful tool for living a lengthy life.  ;D

c*unts live forever

Ever you ever seen an epitaph that read "he was a bit of a c*nt"

Nope, its always nice people who die

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #2395 on: September 20, 2022, 01:54:24 PM »
Absolutely, however when you are posting on Getbig, you are technically not working at that moment. Let's suppose you are in a Zoom meeting with your fellow employees and you tell them you have to take a 5 minute break to post some nonsense on Getbig. How do you suppose that would sit with your supervisor? Folks who do this, wreak it for anyone wanting to work from home.  ;)

I am currently on a call, on camera, with sr. leadership in my vertical.

I am posting this as I participate in the call.

Dual monitors, keyboard below camera.

No work pauses needed.

Multitasking is the way of the world, for better or for worse.

Easy.
Y

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2396 on: September 20, 2022, 02:02:14 PM »
I am currently on a call, on camera, with sr. leadership in my vertical.

I am posting this as I participate in the call.

Dual monitors, keyboard below camera.

No work pauses needed.

Multitasking is the way of the world, for better or for worse.

Easy.
I hope you dont get mixed up and end up linking them in to a WYHI thread

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #2397 on: September 20, 2022, 02:09:52 PM »
I hope you dont get mixed up and end up linking them in to a WYHI thread

Good point.

But no lie, I almost said "Dubai, India" once on a call.
Y

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2398 on: September 20, 2022, 02:14:14 PM »
No real reason.

Maybe availability - at my one gym, the military press is a part of the power rack. So pressing there would hog it from those squatting.

Also, I feel I can focus more on my shoulders doing the work when I'm stabilized in a seated position.

That's what I meant, seated barbell presses, not standing.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2399 on: September 20, 2022, 02:24:19 PM »
Good point.

But no lie, I almost said "Dubai, India" once on a call.
I almost added "of peace" into a conversation