Author Topic: Strength Challenge to B. Hank.  (Read 202071 times)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: Strength Challenge to B. Hank.
« Reply #1950 on: October 23, 2023, 04:28:41 PM »
I don't recall attacking you, chaos. If so, I apologize.

I always felt our rapport has been good here.

I didn't personally jump on the anti-B. Hank bandwagon - he insulted some of my good lifts which, even with my bad form, were good lifts.

Regarding Grape Ape - he advised me on some chest and delts modifications which already worked for me. So I feel his training techniques are worth their salt.

I'm not saying you don't know your stuff. I'm willing to trial anything.

I will say this, from Ed Coan:
If you are making progress, don't listen to anyone [even ED!]. Just keep doing what you are doing until you plateau. Then change things.

Will I try your training approaches? Absolutely. But I'm on a very meat and potatoes program which has been working, so I'm going to stay on it until I plateau [presumably, before the new year]. But I did say I will try Grape's modifications in a month.

Next:
I should start a thread on how people can use the "Ignore User" feature here.
No one should read my posts if they don't want to.
Grape is an excellent source of info, there are several guys here that have years of experience and can provide great info on increasing lifts, increasing endurance, building muscle...just ask and someone with decades of experience will speak up. With some guidance from Grape I'm sure you can hit 600+
It's not that people don't want to read your posts, we have short attention spans. :D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #1951 on: October 23, 2023, 04:32:19 PM »
Grape is an excellent source of info, there are several guys here that have years of experience and can provide great info on increasing lifts, increasing endurance, building muscle...just ask and someone with decades of experience will speak up. With some guidance from Grape I'm sure you can hit 600+
It's not that people don't want to read your posts, we have short attention spans. :D

No, most of us don't want to read his posts.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #1952 on: October 23, 2023, 04:37:34 PM »

We literally don't want to read his posts.
X

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #1953 on: October 23, 2023, 04:37:51 PM »

;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #1954 on: October 25, 2023, 10:50:37 AM »
Lackluster day yesterday.

Ended with 315x4 bench press and 225x20.

I think I'm going to try those the other way around next time.

I'll be a bit fresher when I do 225. I'm hoping for 225x25 next week, and I will try to add reps until I tie B. Hank's 225x30 that he said he got.

Then as many as possible with 315.

I recover fast from light weight high reps. So I think I may still be able to get 315-lb for 5-8 after my 225 for reps set.

I got 225x25 at ~190-lb before [on video], and Walter Sobchak called it weak.  ;D

Well...I only know one man under 200-lb who got 225x30. So I'm going to try for that. Even adding one rep a week and doing it for five weeks. I find the best way to train for 225 for reps is to do it. I think 30 will be hard...but obtainable.

315x4 & 225x20 videos [swipe left]:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cyz4YHTuvnA/

And my new haircut.  ;D

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cy1IqmoR08e/

PS - I think I'm going to pull 530 tomorrow and 545 next week, just to pull. That way I can get on Grape Ape's deadlift program sooner + consult with chaos. I DO NOT intend to take my body weight any higher, but I'm not dropping anymore either. I dropped from 202-203 to about 197-198. That may be why I did not get 315 for more reps, IMO. No more weight loss until the contest is over.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #1955 on: October 25, 2023, 05:46:08 PM »
Lackluster day yesterday.

Ended with 315x4 bench press and 225x20.

I think I'm going to try those the other way around next time.

I'll be a bit fresher when I do 225. I'm hoping for 225x25 next week, and I will try to add reps until I tie B. Hank's 225x30 that he said he got.

Then as many as possible with 315.

I recover fast from light weight high reps. So I think I may still be able to get 315-lb for 5-8 after my 225 for reps set.

I got 225x25 at ~190-lb before [on video], and Walter Sobchak called it weak.  ;D

Well...I only know one man under 200-lb who got 225x30. So I'm going to try for that. Even adding one rep a week and doing it for five weeks. I find the best way to train for 225 for reps is to do it. I think 30 will be hard...but obtainable.

315x4 & 225x20 videos [swipe left]:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cyz4YHTuvnA/

And my new haircut.  ;D

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cy1IqmoR08e/

PS - I think I'm going to pull 530 tomorrow and 545 next week, just to pull. That way I can get on Grape Ape's deadlift program sooner + consult with chaos. I DO NOT intend to take my body weight any higher, but I'm not dropping anymore either. I dropped from 202-203 to about 197-198. That may be why I did not get 315 for more reps, IMO. No more weight loss until the contest is over.

I really hope that is your real haircut and not a photoshop. To be honest I think it may have been 31 not 32 reps I got 20 years ago. Can't do it now and don't really care also getting heavier again 216lbs this am. No idea what I can squat these days either or deadlift have been going super light but I like how my legs are looking.

Going to try Robs 30 sets of 30 ez bar curls tomorrow took today off to rest up and be fresh for the big session

webstar

• Getbig V
« Reply #1956 on: October 25, 2023, 06:46:57 PM »
I really hope that is your real haircut and not a photoshop. To be honest I think it may have been 31 not 32 reps I got 20 years ago. Can't do it now and don't really care also getting heavier again 216lbs this am. No idea what I can squat these days either or deadlift have been going super light but I like how my legs are looking.

Going to try Robs 30 sets of 30 ez bar curls tomorrow took today off to rest up and be fresh for the big session

Lob-sided mess 

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #1957 on: October 25, 2023, 08:47:23 PM »
Lob-sided mess

Most recent photos all have that hostage expression

Marvin Martian

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1958 on: October 25, 2023, 09:30:15 PM »

You do realize that you’re bald right?

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #1959 on: October 26, 2023, 12:44:00 AM »

Speak for yourself feller's!!!  I for one, find them intriguing and entertaining!!! W/out Matt and Brian, just think about how lame GB would be?

8)

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #1960 on: October 26, 2023, 01:52:43 AM »
Fucks sake Matt Im 58 and havent sprinted for about 35 years and could run 12 seconds after a few weeks back at it

Is this account being shared with Bhanky?

There are maybe a dozen men over 55 who have run sub 12 seconds and maybe one 60 yearold who has done it.

There is absolutely no way you're doing it after just a few weeks back on the track.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #1961 on: October 26, 2023, 02:02:19 AM »
Speak for yourself feller's!!!  I for one, find them intriguing and entertaining!!! W/out Matt and Brian, just think about how lame GB would be?

8)

They both stopped posting this time last year. It was indeed very slow on here so I had to try bring them back  ;D

https://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=681243.0

Phantom Spunker

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • Ze/Zir
« Reply #1962 on: October 26, 2023, 02:10:42 AM »

There are maybe a dozen men over 55 who have run sub 12 seconds and maybe one 60 yearold who has done it.

There is absolutely no way you're doing it after just a few weeks back on the track.

Fallsview has 100% taken over the account. Jeff will be offering a $10 gift certificate at Red Barn to anyone who can beat him in an egg and spoon race next.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #1963 on: October 26, 2023, 02:37:08 AM »

exactly! what a delusional fuck stick

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • stuff for dumplings
« Reply #1964 on: October 26, 2023, 02:40:53 AM »
The masters world record in the men's 100 meters is 11.30 seconds for ages 55-59 and 11.70 for 60-64.

Maybe Jeffly meant 100 yards or maybe he thought he was logged into the JustPlaneJane account.

delon

• Getbig III
« Reply #1965 on: October 26, 2023, 02:59:35 AM »
They both stopped posting this time last year. It was indeed very slow on here so I had to try bring them back  ;D

https://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=681243.0

Haha that thread is a full year old but you wouldn't know it once Matt enters the fray on p2, still very current

B. Hank is the reason why I haven't been posting much

<<< 6 paragraphs later >>>
At first, we just had normal interactions, until he felt the need to trash my seated overhead press with 100-lb dumbbells. Saying I was doing "half reps", and that I had "a foot lower to go".

<<< Another 35 paragraphs later >>>
B. Hank is just very insulting, I find.

Matt can't take any constructive criticism his form is dogshit sorry not sorry

That’s a lot of dumb bullshit, typed through a lot of salty tears.

Everything bhank said about your lifting form was correct.

You lift like shit, you look like shit.

AND YOU HAVE TITS!

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #1966 on: October 26, 2023, 07:36:29 AM »

8)

I said most not all.

...Might be some weirdos like yourself who enjoy reading his novels ;D And Brian doesn't bother me at all.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #1967 on: October 26, 2023, 08:27:18 AM »
Wait Matt, your parents still give you allowance why?

I appreciate the suggestions I have rich parents.

Everyone in my family and extended family...has enough. I don't think they'd want me giving out the info.

IMO, if you make $100K per year for 20-30+ years, why WOULDN'T you have $1M or more in assets? Because people are retarded, apparently, and like being wage slaves, and don't want to retire young.

Here's my thought process:
I should get back on a cardio sprint program.
I won't likely do it for no reason. I drag my feet.

So...Jane can win my two grand, prove she's fast, and I train sprinting for a few months, and get it back into my workout.

IMO, that's win-win. Jane wins money she desperately needs to afford her groceries, since she still has to work, and I do a sprint program, giving valuable exercise to my heart, and getting fast again.

I'm not willing to go too much over $2K USD though.

But I WILL put up that cash, if Jane takes me up on this.

Jane knows I'm serious, and isn't willing to get a 12s video to earn $2,000...yet more proof she's a fraud.

I'm to make this an officially challenge soon. Like I said: I'm OK with Jane beating me. If it gets me training sprinting again - that's worth it.

Jane: put up for shut up, you fucking fraud. I am offering you $2,000 USD for a 12s sprint/clip! Fucking lying loser refuses to do it. Lying fraud.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #1968 on: October 26, 2023, 08:31:28 AM »

We literally don't want to read his posts.

CalvinH doesn't post much, and a bigger proportion of them are negative posts. Though I don't mind his posts.

But as for your posts, SF:
Your posts are some of the greatest posts I have ever read in my entire life. I read all of your posts, and they are one of the reasons Getbig is the #1 bodybuilding message board online.

That said:
You need to use the Ignore User feature for my posts.

See, SF: I can't feel sorry for you if you voluntarily open my threads and voluntarily read my posts.

Why do I read YOUR posts? Because your posts are some of the best posts in Getbig board history.

So I am making a voluntary choice.
And...you are too.

Gotta use that Ignore feature, SF!

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #1969 on: October 26, 2023, 08:36:47 AM »

Hey, Flexacon:

I ran around the 12s mark at 14. It was under 12.5s, but I don't think it was under 12s. Could be 12.12s. Was low 12s for sure. I don't remember if I broke 12s. I did break 12.5s.

Regarding speed, I'm SURE I could run sub-17s now. But I can't say how much faster than that. I ran a mile out of nowhere in 8 minutes, then three weeks later [attempt #4] got 6:45.

How fast can I get now? What is the equivalent of 12.12s at 14?

Could I yet sub-14s? I don't want to make some ridiculous guess. Just trying to use my times in my youth to predict, assuming I will be about 200-lb, and givem I have no injuries.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #1970 on: October 26, 2023, 08:44:00 AM »

Great physique!

Not sure if you noticed that my pecs are soft of ripping from the sides.  Like, a reverse Scott Steiner thing. It sucks but...I guess it happens with age.

Regarding 225 for reps: I feel I would have gotten 225x23 had I not done 315x4 before it. Plus, I won't be losing weight anymore.

I'm staying at 200, or even going 202-203...maybe even 205. Losing weight will hurt my results here even if I look better.

So...I'm hoping I can get 225x25 next week. And I may actually keep it in my program until I hit 30. Not sure if I'll get 32, but I think I can get 225x30. Could take a month or more though!

Oh - and yes, the hair is real.
AMAZING haircut! I love it.  :)

PS - take a look at the right side. See how my pec is sort of ripping away from the sides? I'm lucky I've never had a full injury, but I guess that's basically an injury.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #1971 on: October 26, 2023, 09:07:12 AM »
Great physique!

Not sure if you noticed that my pecs are soft of ripping from the sides.  Like, a reverse Scott Steiner thing. It sucks but...I guess it happens with age.

Regarding 225 for reps: I feel I would have gotten 225x23 had I not done 315x4 before it. Plus, I won't be losing weight anymore.

I'm staying at 200, or even going 202-203...maybe even 205. Losing weight will hurt my results here even if I look better.

So...I'm hoping I can get 225x25 next week. And I may actually keep it in my program until I hit 30. Not sure if I'll get 32, but I think I can get 225x30. Could take a month or more though!

Oh - and yes, the hair is real.
AMAZING haircut! I love it.  :)

PS - take a look at the right side. See how my pec is sort of ripping away from the sides? I'm lucky I've never had a full injury, but I guess that's basically an injury.

It's weird because you say you don't want to use gear and lose your hair because you want to be attractive to the ladies then you get this haircut. I think women would prefer a bald man or pretty much any hairstyle other than the psycho killer one you have adopted. I like it though super cool if you already have a girlfriend or wife but you are not getting one with it.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #1972 on: October 26, 2023, 09:35:00 AM »
Hey, Flexacon:

I ran around the 12s mark at 14. It was under 12.5s, but I don't think it was under 12s. Could be 12.12s. Was low 12s for sure. I don't remember if I broke 12s. I did break 12.5s.

Regarding speed, I'm SURE I could run sub-17s now. But I can't say how much faster than that. I ran a mile out of nowhere in 8 minutes, then three weeks later [attempt #4] got 6:45.

How fast can I get now? What is the equivalent of 12.12s at 14?

Could I yet sub-14s? I don't want to make some ridiculous guess. Just trying to use my times in my youth to predict, assuming I will be about 200-lb, and givem I have no injuries.

Matthue 14 seconds could be tough as you're much heavier now. There is a power to weight ratio thing that's important in sprinting. Don't remember it well as it was maybe 20+ years ago I last looked at it, but you're way too heavy. Maybe if you were back down to 170lbs or lower you could get 14 seconds.

I did go to school with someone and he had the potential to be elite 100m runner, but he hated the sport. Each time he ran a race his recovery period was horrible. He'd say a couple of hours after a race he'd feel terrible, almost like he'd been hit by a bad bout of flu and it would last for 24 hours. He wasn't particularly strong, he was thin with poor muscle definition, he just had a genetic ability to put down a lot more power whilst running than an average person. Obviously that physically took it out of him though in a way most of us will never understand.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #1973 on: October 26, 2023, 09:45:22 AM »
Matthue 14 seconds could be tough as you're much heavier now. There is a power to weight ratio thing that's important in sprinting. Don't remember it well as it was maybe 20+ years ago I last looked at it, but you're way too heavy. Maybe if you were back down to 170lbs or lower you could get 14 seconds.

I did go to school with someone and he had the potential to be elite 100m runner, but he hated the sport. Each time he ran a race his recovery period was horrible. He'd say a couple of hours after a race he'd feel terrible, almost like he'd been hit by a bad bout of flu and it would last for 24 hours. He wasn't particularly strong, he was thin with poor muscle definition, he just had a genetic ability to put down a lot more power whilst running than an average person. Obviously that physically took it out of though in a way most of us will never understand.

good point, bolt and lewis are skinny dudes ben johnson was more stacked but most likely didn't weigh more than a buck 70 buck 75

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #1974 on: October 26, 2023, 10:12:05 AM »
good point, bolt and lewis are skinny dudes ben johnson was more stacked but most likely didn't weigh more than a buck 70 buck 75

If you look at a young Ben Johnson when he war drug free/less drugs he wasn't much physique wise either.

They almost all are enhanced in some way anyway. The athletics world and how they try beat drug testing is quite something. Just a shame we don't have an elite track and field coach on here to share some stories.