Author Topic: Eric Otero... RIP  (Read 77550 times)

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
Re: Eric Otero... RIP
« Reply #75 on: May 19, 2006, 08:16:12 AM »
the sad thing is, no one will believe it wasn't drugs no matter what the autopsy says. it'll be a coverup, they'll say.

Right on the money, MisterMagoo. This site loves conspiracy theories.

Don Miracle

• Getbig II
« Reply #76 on: May 19, 2006, 02:27:56 PM »
It seems that the dryer a BB likes to get, the greater his chances for an early death become.

Given his lifestyle and his aspirations of fatherhood, I hope to hell he'd bought a good insurance plan along the way.

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #77 on: May 19, 2006, 06:06:15 PM »
Rip :'(
another Pro dead :-\

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #78 on: May 19, 2006, 06:25:36 PM »
from erics brother...

To Whom it May Concern;

I am not a member of your site, but Eric Otero is my brother. My family and I just returned from San Antonio where he was buried with full military honors at Ft. Sam in San Antonio. I would just like to say that we are all still in disbelieve over this. No words can express how we feel right now.

My brother's obituary and guestbook for his wife can be seen and signed by all that loved him at www.missioparks.com under the obituary section - you will have to type in Otero in the appropriate spot. I know that I speak for the entire family when I say that it brings comfort to see all of the kind words and memories of my brother.

I don't know where you will post this since I am not a member - but I read the posts about my brother and felt I should respond somehow - I know that not everyone that knew Eric were notified - or they would have been there with the rest of the bodybuilders who were there.

My sincerest thanks for the kind words of support,

Marcella

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #79 on: May 19, 2006, 06:41:18 PM »
Did he live in Sa tx??

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #80 on: May 19, 2006, 09:19:25 PM »
there is a typo in the URL.  it shoudl read

www.missionparks.com

HowDog

• Getbig II
« Reply #81 on: May 19, 2006, 11:57:25 PM »
You know the sad thing, that no promoter or person from NPC even signed the guy's guestbook, real nice JM Manion. Just proves BB is a worthless sport and I am glad that I got a life and got out of it!!!

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #82 on: May 20, 2006, 12:39:59 AM »
You know the sad thing, that no promoter or person from NPC even signed the guy's guestbook, real nice JM Manion. Just proves BB is a worthless sport and I am glad that I got a life and got out of it!!!

I wonder how many funerals he actually attended for BB's. 

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #83 on: May 20, 2006, 05:41:35 AM »

i expect no class from that group so i'm not disappointed

TouJours

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #84 on: May 20, 2006, 07:30:57 AM »
Just in case the obit goes away before this thread should.  Here is copy of it from the link:

Eric Joshua Otero, born February 23, 1969, went home to be with the Lord May 15, 2006. Eric was born in Albuquerque, New Mexico. He married Amanda Guzman Otero on October 28, 1999. Eric was a professional body builder, winning the title of Mr. USA in 1999. After 14 years of competing at the national level, he turned pro and became a member of the International Federation of Body Builders (IFBB). Eric also served his country in the United States Army from 1989 to 1993. On February 28, 2006 Eric was born-again. His deep love and enthusiasm for the Lord was contagious. Eric never stopped sharing Jesus with friends and strangers alike and led many to the saving knowledge of the Lord. Eric’s life was proof that life is not measured in time, but in purpose and in lives changed as a result of having lived. Eric is survived by his loving wife Amanda; his mother, Melvina Otero of Sugarland; a brother, David Brazas and wife Deborah of Albuquerque, NM, sister Marcella Cheshier of Tomball ;two nieces, Melissa Fruia and Katie Cheshier and many friends and loved ones.

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #85 on: May 21, 2006, 12:53:24 PM »
There were a couple of posts that mentioned rec dru use.  Speaking from personal experience, nobdy CHOOSES to have an addiction. Do you think that people that have addictions want to use and want to ruin their lives or their family's lives?  No!!!!  If you have never had to deal with that demon, you will not understand, but its not fun.  Some people can overcome it, some can't.  In NA when they tell you that the only thing that will come from drug use are jails, institutions or death, they are not joking.  But every addict does not think it will happen to them.  I have been in places and situations that no person should be in.  I have been around dirt bag people that don't give a shit about anyone.  I could have easily been shot or stabbed and left for dead many times, but through the grace of God i'm still here.  But I feel I have a handle on my "issues" and i'm doing pretty well.  Am I perfect?  No, but whenever I see that a BBer has died or is having issues with recs, I understand.  BBer's are just like everybody else and have problems.  The people you see at shows and in the mags deal with the same shit everybody else does. There are family issues, money problems etc...

MCheshier

• Getbig I
« Reply #86 on: May 21, 2006, 01:56:42 PM »
Thank you for the truth.  I have been clean for two plus years - and I would have done anything to help my brother.  ANYTHING.  Now there is nothing anyone can do to bring him back.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: May 21, 2006, 01:59:35 PM »
Thank you for the truth.  I have been clean for two plus years - and I would have done anything to help my brother.  ANYTHING.  Now there is nothing anyone can do to bring him back.

Sorry for your loss. If it was rec drugs that killed him then he was a junkie who happened to also be a bodybuilder. I think you need to realize one has nothing to do with the other.

eileena

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #88 on: June 08, 2006, 01:32:04 PM »
I really don't understand how you can have a tooth infection and not be on antibiotics.  You would be in a great deal of pain; and wouldn't you go to the hospital if you got a fever after a root canal?  It is very rare for someone to just drop dead from a tooth infection. 

dzulboy

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Big hard and turbo charged
« Reply #89 on: June 09, 2006, 10:20:14 AM »
The mercury poisoning BS from dental work is its about as insignificant as the argument that a microwave will somehow harm your food and make you sick, or that standing next to one is gonna cause cancer. 
Actually prepareing food ina microwave in plastic containers can cause the  plastci to release cancer casueing agent sin the food

don;'t believe me if you want  don;t care its your body

4thAD

« Reply #90 on: June 11, 2006, 01:38:42 PM »
http://www.flexonline.com/news/131

Tooth infection! Some infections can not be treated with antibiotics. It happens sometimes!

moter2

• Getbig I
« Reply #91 on: June 13, 2006, 05:07:59 PM »
This is in response to the many speculative messages I have read.  I am Eric's Mom and have been in close contact with the Medical Examiner.  First of all, it takes 12 weeks to get the autopsy report in San Antonio and no one gave me a clear reason for the time frame but this is a fact.  Secondly, an infection in a tooth can go to the lining of the heart and cause death.  It doesn't always happen, but it can.  I personally have a heart condition that requires pre-medication before my teeth are even cleaned and this is not an especially rare condition-another fact.   Those of you that seem to have some time on your hands can make a couple of phone calls to the ME, a good dentist or even do some research on the internet and confirm these facts.   Amanda was 7 weeks pregnant but miscarried - another fact.  I was able to go to most of Eric's competitions and met many many of his bodybuilder friends and acquaintances.  I am sure most of you are really great people but perhaps a little more compassion and less judgment (particularly when you don't have all the facts) at this point in time would be something a really big person would do.  Our family has lost a significant member and, as a mother, my heart has a hole bigger than Texas. Eric left a big brother, David,  and sister-in-law, Debbie, a very special niece that any of you who truly knew Eric would know about and that is Melissa; another niece, Katie, and a sister, Marcella.  We are all trying to accept and deal with this pain.  Please put yourselves in our place for a moment and try to focus on the good things you truly knew about my son. Some of you didn't even know him and yet you make statements as though you did.   Maybe you could leave speculation and unkind comments for something else and some other time.  Some of you sound like honest smart people and others come across as nothing more than know it all smart asses.  I am not naiive and I understand the steroids and other drugs that play a part in the bodybuilding world.  But don't you think that discussion could be in general terms without needlessly smearing my son's memory?  Maybe it would be constructive if all of you that know so much tried to do something to clean up the world of bodybuilding?   Eric was a very positive person and I know that he would think trash talk was a big waste of time.   If you really knew Eric, please remember the positive things about him and if you didn't know him, perhaps you need to keep your mouth shut and find another outlet for your negative thoughts.

Thanks for listening.  If anyone has sincere questions or comments, please let me know.  I'll be happy to provide factual information.

Mel Otero
Eric Otero's Mom

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #92 on: June 13, 2006, 05:09:45 PM »
This is in response to the many speculative messages I have read.  I am Eric's Mom and have been in close contact with the Medical Examiner.  First of all, it takes 12 weeks to get the autopsy report in San Antonio and no one gave me a clear reason for the time frame but this is a fact.  Secondly, an infection in a tooth can go to the lining of the heart and cause death.  It doesn't always happen, but it can.  I personally have a heart condition that requires pre-medication before my teeth are even cleaned and this is not an especially rare condition-another fact.   Those of you that seem to have some time on your hands can make a couple of phone calls to the ME, a good dentist or even do some research on the internet and confirm these facts.   Amanda was 7 weeks pregnant but miscarried - another fact.  I was able to go to most of Eric's competitions and met many many of his bodybuilder friends and acquaintances.  I am sure most of you are really great people but perhaps a little more compassion and less judgment (particularly when you don't have all the facts) at this point in time would be something a really big person would do.  Our family has lost a significant member and, as a mother, my heart has a hole bigger than Texas. Eric left a big brother, David,  and sister-in-law, Debbie, a very special niece that any of you who truly knew Eric would know about and that is Melissa; another niece, Katie, and a sister, Marcella.  We are all trying to accept and deal with this pain.  Please put yourselves in our place for a moment and try to focus on the good things you truly knew about my son. Some of you didn't even know him and yet you make statements as though you did.   Maybe you could leave speculation and unkind comments for something else and some other time.  Some of you sound like honest smart people and others come across as nothing more than know it all smart asses.  I am not naiive and I understand the steroids and other drugs that play a part in the bodybuilding world.  But don't you think that discussion could be in general terms without needlessly smearing my son's memory?  Maybe it would be constructive if all of you that know so much tried to do something to clean up the world of bodybuilding?   Eric was a very positive person and I know that he would think trash talk was a big waste of time.   If you really knew Eric, please remember the positive things about him and if you didn't know him, perhaps you need to keep your mouth shut and find another outlet for your negative thoughts.

Thanks for listening.  If anyone has sincere questions or comments, please let me know.  I'll be happy to provide factual information.

Mel Otero
Eric Otero's Mom

my condolences, i can't imagine what it must be like to lose a child, God be with you.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #93 on: June 13, 2006, 05:11:12 PM »
I feel for you and your family. Best wishes. May Eric RIP.
HAHA, RON.....

KCheshier

• Getbig I
« Reply #94 on: March 21, 2011, 02:33:45 PM »
Hello this is katie Eric Oteros niece.My uncle was a good man. when i was 3 years old i was afraid of him.iwas going to go to his house 1 weekend and i found out he had died.i miss him even today in 2011. my mom cries about him somtimes. i cant believe some of these comments i am seeing about him have some respect i am only 11 years old and even to this day when i think what would uncle eric due.my grandma has spoken about ur rude comments my mom has talked about her being clean and my sister is to hurt to talk about him.i mean think about it if one of your close family members died would u want someone to make bad comments about them?think about how that makes us feel.i looked at these comments a few weeks ago and i couldnt stop crying so please for my family for me dont make mean comments about him :'(

KCheshier

• Getbig I
« Reply #95 on: March 21, 2011, 02:35:14 PM »
katie again by the way iwas scared of him because he was so big

KCheshier

• Getbig I
« Reply #96 on: March 21, 2011, 02:55:29 PM »
Thank you 4 being kind i am Katie Cheshier and i thank you 4 your respect towards my uncle

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #97 on: March 21, 2011, 02:56:05 PM »
This is tough to hear, especially since I learned that his wife was 7 months pregnant. Eric was starting a family, and at that stage, preparing the room, the hospital stay, and much more. I hope she has family and friends that will stand with her on this devastating tragedy.

wow that's terrible , rest in peace  :-\

newmom

« Reply #98 on: March 21, 2011, 03:03:31 PM »
Thank you 4 being kind i am Katie Cheshier and i thank you 4 your respect towards my uncle

Katie, I'm sorry for the loss of your uncle. I know it's been a few years from his passing, again my condolences

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: March 21, 2011, 03:17:37 PM »

STFU and go somewhere else you are too young to be in this board.