Author Topic: Why do you slam weights?  (Read 18895 times)

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
Re: Why do you slam weights?
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2006, 02:18:54 PM »
Yeah if I was a robot i could ignore everything and just live life like a drone....

L

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2006, 02:25:12 PM »
Its animal behaviour, when a dude slams the weights down he is trying to establish that he is the alpha male, if you  dont like it throw your weights through the ground and put those weenies in their place
P

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2006, 02:46:05 PM »
I like when there younger friends come with them to the gym and spot them bench 185 and then complement him on "being a beast" that shit makes me smile....instantly i feel 80lbs bigger.
bodybuildersreality.com

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2006, 02:48:30 PM »
I like to launch it absolutely as high/far as possible.  Lets all the tiny twats know who is f'n in charge !!!!

ahahahahahaha urkel has more muscle mass than showstoppa, this fag can juggle more nuts than a squirrel

Rich2

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2006, 02:52:41 PM »
who said you gotta live life like a drone? i'm just saying who cares about what some novice schmoe is doing in the gym? everyone's gotta start somewhere, and lot of people start out as retards who slam weights and wear bandanas. eventually they'll get the point or grow up to be older, bigger retards. who cares.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2006, 02:55:44 PM »
The same idiot will finish his set of 65 lb. BB curls and mumble that he "doesn't want to get too big." ::)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2006, 03:24:03 PM »
ahahahahahaha urkel has more muscle mass than showstoppa, this fag can juggle more nuts than a squirrel

When we wanna hear from you, Nancy, we will have brianX remove the ball-gag from your mouth.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2006, 03:33:55 PM »
When we wanna hear from you, Nancy, we will have brianX remove the ball-gag from your mouth.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!   Instant noob owning!!!

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2006, 03:35:42 PM »

Where are these tiny twats coming from?  They are like the turd that just won't flush.  8)

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2006, 04:27:53 PM »
the other day, I was doing incline with the 140's dumbells, I managed a good 12 reps, after I was done, I had to let that shit slam on the floor, My gold's Gym is a very cool place, but some other gold's warned members not to let the weights slam on the floor. You can get injured on some occasion, if you have to dispose of the weights quietly.
Agreed.  If it may cause you injury to place the weight down, drop it.  Dumbell bench press is the only one I can think of.  On incline, it's easier for me to just rest them back on my knee.  I usually dominate a set of 65's on those! ;D
N

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2006, 04:33:36 PM »
After his max set of bent-over barbell rows, Mike Quinn used to throw it down to the ground and yell "guy!" (source: old Flex mag)

There's a physiotherapy clinic directly underneath my gym. Needless to say they're pretty strict about dropping weights.

As I see it, if you're a stong mofo or a 260+ lbs monster, you have every right to throw 'em down. Who's gonna stop ya??  ;D

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2006, 07:45:10 PM »

ahahahaha ok man of steel ::)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2006, 08:41:34 PM »
Guys who try to lift more than they can handle drop weights.  And obnoxious guys who want attention drop weights.

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2006, 10:00:16 PM »
i've used 140s and never dropped them and never use a spot...Bring them to my knees everytime and then either to the floor or back to the rack...Slow movements always in control...

Its like smoking, You see these little kids doing it and you just want to set them straight but of course you don't and just live and let live...

Their are so many douche bags in my gym, that its actually funny to me....

dodger

• Getbig III
« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2006, 10:46:08 PM »
a few years ago when i curled 130 pound db's for 8 reps i puked all over the mat,immediately after i puked i did 2 more and then i dropped 1 of the db's in the puke--back when gyms were hardcore,man the good ole days.Things u got a way with years ago.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2006, 10:51:51 PM »
Unless you're deadlifting 300+lbs. or racking 400+lbs squats, why would you slam your weights.  I saw this guy the other day who literally threw 135lbs back on the squat rack after doing deadlifts?  Like he was being judged on his dismount. 
Better yet, letting the monster stack of 150lbs come crashing down, after doing seated rows? 
Completely unnecessary.
It's not a church, but some things just make you wonder...why?  Usually, it's someone with a tough guy image to uphold.  Hey! Check me out, I'm blasting average weight on massive amounts of drugs! 
Yeah, that's awesome!

Because it's fun to piss people off?  You're not serious are you?  It's awesome as hell to walk into a gym with plates banging everywhere.  None of that in my gym now and I miss it.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2006, 06:40:50 AM »
Unless you're deadlifting 300+lbs. or racking 400+lbs squats, why would you slam your weights.  I saw this guy the other day who literally threw 135lbs back on the squat rack after doing deadlifts?  Like he was being judged on his dismount.

I deadlift about 135lbs about for 10, and usually my grip is killing on the last few reps due to blisters, or the bar is slipping out of my hands, so the last thing I'll care about is taking an extra 5 seconds (when I'm already about to burst or bar is about to slip) to slowly put it down on the rack or floor. I usually let it down slowly, but granted, I just want to get it out of my hands, and if it makes a noise, so be it.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2006, 06:46:33 AM »
i dead 400+ for reps and never. i almost seem to set the weight back down after each rep.

Bast175

« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2006, 06:56:47 AM »
I don't do that but I'm the guy that leaves all the weights unracked and loaded barbells and then leaves before anyone notices.

:)

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #69 on: June 16, 2006, 07:12:35 AM »
If you've got slam your weights, then they are too heavy....period!

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #70 on: June 16, 2006, 07:20:23 AM »
When I do a jerk clean press I hold it then drop it behind me like they do in the commercials for the Olympics...

Thats cool!!
L

FatGuy

• Getbig II
  • Man these weights are heavy!!!
« Reply #71 on: June 16, 2006, 08:19:21 AM »
Because it's fun to piss people off?  You're not serious are you?  It's awesome as hell to walk into a gym with plates banging everywhere.  None of that in my gym now and I miss it.

I agree your going to the Gym not church.... 8)

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #72 on: June 16, 2006, 08:36:49 AM »
i don't slam weights but when you are deadlifting doubles and triples with 500+ pounds it's hard to be quiet about it. i had a trainer come up to me and tell me i was slamming weights around while doing reps with 495. i asked to speak with the manager and everything was cool. i even did a set in front of him to show him i was setting the weight down in a very controlled fashion. heavy weights make noise.

8)

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #73 on: June 16, 2006, 08:37:42 AM »
In general, I just love the sounds of Dumbells slamming the floor, but I cant stand anybody dropping light ass weight to the floor just to make themselves seen. I was watching a Ronnie coleman video, where he was doing Flat Dumbell press with the 200's. he went for 12 solid reps, and after that he just let them heavy ass shit slam the floor, and you could hear how loud that shit was. IT should be mandatory to drop heavy ass weights when you done. period
Get Big, or Die Trying

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #74 on: June 16, 2006, 09:35:31 AM »
In general, I just love the sounds of Dumbells slamming the floor, but I cant stand anybody dropping light ass weight to the floor just to make themselves seen. I was watching a Ronnie coleman video, where he was doing Flat Dumbell press with the 200's. he went for 12 solid reps, and after that he just let them heavy ass shit slam the floor, and you could hear how loud that shit was. IT should be mandatory to drop heavy ass weights when you done. period
that's the dumbest thing i've ever read on here.
Jaejonna rows 125!!