Author Topic: DC Logg: Doggcrapp Training - is it all that it's cracked up to be?  (Read 37711 times)

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
Re: DC Logg: Doggcrapp Training - is it all that it's cracked up to be?
« Reply #175 on: January 08, 2007, 05:53:47 PM »
"Dante intended his trainees to train hard not half asses machine work.

That's for backing up my point. It clearly says that Dante prefers freeweights over machines but because his trainees cannot do them safely them must alter for the easy baby version."

Take that Alexx. So, are Smith Machines still for pussies and babies?

Yes you jackass! Dante has awesome chest development himself and I bet he built it up with freeweights!

It's like you are spoonfed! Machines are for little men so it is appropriate you use them.
just push some weight!

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #176 on: January 09, 2007, 07:59:56 AM »
Yes you jackass! Dante has awesome chest development himself and I bet he built it up with freeweights!

It's like you are spoonfed! Machines are for little men so it is appropriate you use them.

despite having the funniest avatar on the site, I've got to say...

alexxx shut the fuck up.

no offense but it's getting old.

Thanks.
nasser=piece of shit

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #177 on: January 09, 2007, 11:37:24 AM »
despite having the funniest avatar on the site, I've got to say...

alexxx shut the f**k up.

no offense but it's getting old.

Thanks.

Judgin by your temper tentrums it is safe to say you also train chest on the machines.
just push some weight!

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #178 on: January 09, 2007, 01:18:01 PM »
Judgin by your temper tentrums it is safe to say you also train chest on the machines.

alexxx, STFU. You're ruining this thread.

We all understood now that you are the only man on getbig, now go and play in the woods some more.

Jeff Miller

• Getbig V
« Reply #179 on: January 17, 2007, 05:34:38 AM »
I'm giving the training another go -- started yesterday.  Same routine I posted earlier.  We'll see how it goes.
ChuckNorrisFearsMe

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #180 on: January 17, 2007, 03:26:54 PM »
I'm giving the training another go -- started yesterday.  Same routine I posted earlier.  We'll see how it goes.

going by memory since I have to put the kids to bed tonight I don't have time to go back and reread it, the program looked good.  If you worry about your trap development and youre doing rack deads or regular deads remember to pull your shoulders up and back at the top, this should keep your traps going in the right direction....

good luck.
nasser=piece of shit

DOGGCRAPP

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #181 on: January 18, 2007, 09:50:24 PM »

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #182 on: January 19, 2007, 06:01:33 PM »

holy moly.  That's a strong dude there, I watch some of his stuff when it gets posted but I honestly didn't think he was THAT strong.  If he came to my gym and did that I think people would faint...very impressive.  I'm almost speachless.....
nasser=piece of shit

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #183 on: January 22, 2007, 05:31:16 PM »
sweet leg workout today:

calfs-toe raise on the 45 degree leg press: 445*13 and then I did partial reps until i couldn't move the weight anymore, I think I got about 33 or so.

Hamstrings-Sumo Leg Press: 465*14 straight set, 20 partials (I'm trying these instead of statics for a couple of weeks) plus a 60 second stretch on each leg.

Quads-Leg Press: 880*8 plus a few partials at the end then I went over to this icarian leg press and did 33 nice slow reps with about 200lbs, feet together to bring out the sweep of the thigh.  I'm just getting used to this leg press, I'm really gonna pile on the weight next rotation.

I did that at about 11 this morning nd it's 8:30 now and my legs are already throbbing....
nasser=piece of shit

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #184 on: January 25, 2007, 03:06:36 PM »
I didn't have alot of energy today for some reason, I've been doing cardio and that might have something to do with it but it's necessary for me to do it since I have asthma nad I get sick as a dog in the winter if I don't.  Here's what I did, I'm doing something special for chest at the end of the workout that I don't really want to talk about, I promised I'd keep it top secret....let's just say my chest sucked and now it sucks a little less since starting this:

Chest-Hammer Flat Press 225lbs for 13RP  plus a 60 second deep stretch, no static cause I couldn't lift the weights anymore

Shoulders-Icanrian Press 60*12-14RP, I do these one arm at a time, 12 with my left and 14 with my right, this is a wierd machine cause you press up and out so I can't handle anything gigantic on it....yet.  Static and stretch at the end.

Tri's-Close Grip Bench on a smith:  255*13RP plus a 60 second stretch

and then I did my "special movement", I just didn't have any energy today....tomorrow is legs so I better be up for it, I'm pushing for some big numbers...
nasser=piece of shit

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #185 on: January 27, 2007, 08:38:29 AM »
This is how it went:

Calfs:  335*13 on a Hammer Calf Sled plus partials till I couldn't move it anymore.  Calfs are sore as hell today, I've been blasting the ever loving shit out of them for awhile.

Hamtrings:  Lying Leg Curl-165*14RP'd plus a static and a stretch for a minute.

Quads:  V-Squat-435*15 Straight set.  This isn't the hammer version and I don't like the way the platform is set up, it limits my range of motion to much so I think I might change to smith machine squats.  If I do I'm gonna start really light to get my low back used to it again.

Then I did 20 reps on the Icarian leg press machine with 300lbs, this took me awhile and it was a killer.

nasser=piece of shit

Jeff Miller

• Getbig V
« Reply #186 on: February 11, 2007, 02:08:08 AM »
I'm giving this another try.  Just finished 4th week, same routine I posted earlier.
ChuckNorrisFearsMe

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #187 on: February 13, 2007, 05:40:56 AM »
I'm giving this another try.  Just finished 4th week, same routine I posted earlier.

and how's it going?

I went to the doctor and got weighed, came in at 209.5lbs at 5'7.  The doctor said I was actually pretty lean at that weight but he still thought I was too heavy.  I'm taking a couple od days off from training to get rid of a cough I have, I might do some light cardio on the treadmill and maybe some abs but that's it.  Blast was going great up until now.
nasser=piece of shit

Miss Demeanor

• Getbig III
« Reply #188 on: February 18, 2007, 11:26:01 AM »

Hey, you want to send me an XXXXL size T Shirt with " I'm a Pussy" written on it. I'll wear it when I train.

Hehe :)  That was funny.

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #189 on: February 21, 2007, 03:55:50 AM »
Is that guy in the above you tube video, a fellow dogg crapper??

Iv thought about using the training method as in may ways its similar to how i train. Go until positive failure (probs looking for an 8 rep target b4 u fail 1st), rest/pause 10-20 seconds then go again. At that time i drop set and go until failure then go again after another rest/pause....You guys keep going until u reach set rep target.

Actually i just read over post iv had with natural al, and its more like shoot for 15 reps in 3 rp's then up weight, and drop rp'd target to 12 maybe.

Hows everyone finding it at the mo??

Although i obviously am trying to biuld everywer, i am working harder i think on shoulders and quads (rugby point of view).

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #190 on: February 21, 2007, 06:26:30 AM »
Is that guy in the above you tube video, a fellow dogg crapper??

Iv thought about using the training method as in may ways its similar to how i train. Go until positive failure (probs looking for an 8 rep target b4 u fail 1st), rest/pause 10-20 seconds then go again. At that time i drop set and go until failure then go again after another rest/pause....You guys keep going until u reach set rep target.

Actually i just read over post iv had with natural al, and its more like shoot for 15 reps in 3 rp's then up weight, and drop rp'd target to 12 maybe.

Hows everyone finding it at the mo??

Although i obviously am trying to biuld everywer, i am working harder i think on shoulders and quads (rugby point of view).

davie

rep ranges can vary depending on what your doing.  Generally you keep them at 12-15 reps but are always trying to beat your old weight  or rep total so if you get 12 reps on movement A during your first cycle you might keep the weight the same and shoot for 15 reps next time.

I try not to go under 12 reps for anything with 3 RP sets, if I can't get at least 12 I've over shot the weight.  Legs and some back thickness movements are handled a little different.
nasser=piece of shit

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #191 on: February 21, 2007, 07:25:23 AM »
Il get on here later AL, and post routine and u guys (natural al,alexx etc) can give it a look over??

All that arguments b4 is actually daft, b/c wen it comes down to it ur both using the same routine and love it, one of u trains alone so prefers the safety of smith machine, and the other (from my understanding) doesnt train alone and so uses more free weights.
Your energy should be saved to encourage others to try dogg crap, not bad mouthing a fellow dogg crapper, who for all intensive purposes is doing the same as urself.

davie

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #192 on: February 21, 2007, 12:07:11 PM »
So im right in thinking the split looks like this:

monday=chest, shoulders, triceps, back width, back thickness
wednesday=biceps, forearms, calves, hamstrings, quads
friday-repeat of mondays bodyparts
monday-repeat of wenesdays bodyparts.

Chest:
incline smythe press (11-15rp)
hammer strength press (11-15rp)
decline barbell press (11-15rp)

Backwidth:
front rack chins (11-20rp)
close grip pulldowns (11-15rp)
front pulldowns (11-15rp)

Backthickness: (back thickness exercises and quad exercises arent rest paused due to safety reasons of fatigue and loss of form)
deadlifts straight sets (6-9reps) + (9-12reps)
T-bar rows straight set (10-12 reps)
rack deadlifts (6-9reps) + (9-12reps)

Shoulders:
military presses (11-20rp)
hammer strength presses (11-15rp)
upright rows (11-20rp)

Quads: (quads are done again with no rest pause because of safety reasons, but after progressive warmups there is a heavy set and then what I call a "widowmaker set" for 20 reps with a still heavy, but lighter weight)

free squats (6-10 rep straight set) 3-5 minute rest and then (20 rep widowmaker)
hack squats (as above)
leg press (as above)

Hamstrings:
lying leg curls (15-30rp)
seated leg curls (15-30rp)
sumo press leg press (pressing with heels only- straight set of 15-25 reps)

Biceps:
preacher curls (11-20rp)
barbell drag curls (11-20rp)
dumbell curls (11-20rp)

Forearms:
pinwheel curls (straight set 10-20 reps)
hammer curls (straight set 10-20 reps)
reverse grip one arm cable curls (straight set 10-20 reps)

Triceps:
reverse grip bench presses (11-20rp)
close grip bench presses (11-20rp)
EZ bar tricep extentions (15-30rp) (elbow safety)

QUESTION....how many exercises do u do for chest, back width etc etc, per workout??

davie

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #193 on: February 21, 2007, 05:33:50 PM »
You got it Davie.

Here is a sample:

Day 1
barbell bench press -1 all out set of 8-15 reps rest paused
dumbell shoulder press - same
close grip  bench - same
Rack chins - same
deadlifts - one set of 8-12 followed by a heavier set of 4-6 reps (straight)

Day 2
dumbell curls - 1 all out set of 8-15 RP
wrist curls - straight set of 15-20 reps
standing calf raises - 10-15 reps with a 5 second negative phase and a 15 seconds at the stretch position per rep
leg curls - 15-30 RP
Squats - 1 set of 6-10 1 set of 20 reps (straight)

Pick three exercises per muscle group and rotate them each workout. Do a stretch after each real set. (60seconds)

Before doing it you should probably take a week just to get in the grouve and do 15-20 reps per exercise. (not taxing)

This is called a cruising phase which you will need to take every 7-12 weeks.

Blasting phase is when you push yourself the hardess and make the growth spur.

Take that natural al!! hahaha
just push some weight!

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #194 on: February 22, 2007, 05:02:02 AM »
Cheers alexx, funny seeing u do a low volume high frequency program wen i thought u loved mega volume?!

It does seem strange rotating between 3 exercise per body part all the time, b/c in theory that means that if i barbell bench on day one (monday), i wont then barbell bench again until monday 2 weeks later??!!

Im kind of having a cruising week this week, went kinda heavy on monday, didnt really do legs yesterday (still recovering from ankle ligament prob), and wont push it too hard on fri.

Even wen i go big guns on everythig next week, ill have to start slow on legs until im confident my ankles better!!

davie

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #195 on: February 22, 2007, 05:33:04 AM »
You got it Davie.

Here is a sample:

Day 1
barbell bench press -1 all out set of 8-15 reps rest paused
dumbell shoulder press - same
close grip  bench - same
Rack chins - same
deadlifts - one set of 8-12 followed by a heavier set of 4-6 reps (straight)

Day 2
dumbell curls - 1 all out set of 8-15 RP
wrist curls - straight set of 15-20 reps
standing calf raises - 10-15 reps with a 5 second negative phase and a 15 seconds at the stretch position per rep
leg curls - 15-30 RP
Squats - 1 set of 6-10 1 set of 20 reps (straight)

Pick three exercises per muscle group and rotate them each workout. Do a stretch after each real set. (60seconds)

Before doing it you should probably take a week just to get in the grouve and do 15-20 reps per exercise. (not taxing)

This is called a cruising phase which you will need to take every 7-12 weeks.

Blasting phase is when you push yourself the hardess and make the growth spur.

Take that natural al!! hahaha

ok....the bolded area needs to be looked at.  that's as far as I got after I saw the 'take that" part.  1st it's not recommended by DC to use the flat bench press.  2nd, most movements you do that are RP'd have a minimum number of reps that you shoot for, usually it's 12, if you go below 12 and especially are only hitting 8 your going to heavy and just asking for trouble, injury wise especially on this movement when training in this fashion.

sorry bout that.
nasser=piece of shit

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #196 on: February 22, 2007, 06:00:49 AM »
Ok AL, thanks for the reply, need the info bro.

Can i ask y u cant do flat BB bench?? (i dont have smith machine access by the way).

I understand what u mean about rep numbers (im sure alexx does to). I know the minimum is 3 attempts to make 12 reps, preferably shooting for 15 reps rps'd.

davie

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #197 on: February 22, 2007, 06:29:53 AM »
Ok AL, thanks for the reply, need the info bro.

Can i ask y u cant do flat BB bench?? (i dont have smith machine access by the way).

I understand what u mean about rep numbers (im sure alexx does to). I know the minimum is 3 attempts to make 12 reps, preferably shooting for 15 reps rps'd.

davie

people who have benched using this program usually run into one or more of the following problems:

shoulder pain
pec strain or tear
pain in the bi

the negatives outweigh the positives in this case.  Another thing you might want to think about is the simple fact that using dB's for pressing movements usually ends up being counter productive.  Once I got really heavy it was too much of a hassle to get the DB's up and into position and doing it 3 times while keeping rest periods short was next to impossible.
nasser=piece of shit

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #198 on: February 22, 2007, 07:02:51 AM »
OK....so if ur saying i shouldnt do flat bench what should i replace it with (no smith).

If i have a spotter is it ok to do incline db/BB....decline db/BB etc??

davie

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #199 on: February 22, 2007, 08:36:53 AM »
OK....so if ur saying i shouldnt do flat bench what should i replace it with (no smith).

If i have a spotter is it ok to do incline db/BB....decline db/BB etc??

davie
inclines and declines are fine...flats place the body in a position that is frowned upon by most DC guys.  If you have someone to help you with the DB's go for it and give it a shot and see what happens, it might work.  You'll never know until you try.  I did it myself so it was a pain in the ass.
nasser=piece of shit