Author Topic: How much money is Wayne DeMilia investing in PDI?  (Read 13729 times)

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
How much money is Wayne DeMilia investing in PDI?
« on: July 11, 2006, 01:45:29 PM »
There has been some talk about Wayne DeMilia having a solid economic base to back up the PDI plans with. I'm not questioning his economic status. His private life and affairs have little meaning for bodybuilding.

But how much money is Wayne DeMilia putting into the PDI?

Most of us know about Vince McMahon and his WBF adventure, how he actually spent a lot of money in that venture. Some of the competitors were on $200 000+ a year contracts with the WBF.

How much money is Wayne DeMilia putting into the PDI?

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

jwb

• Getbig V
Re: How much money is Wayne DeMilia investing in PDI?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 02:00:26 PM »
Not enough!

No upfront athlete contracts means nobody top tier will convert...

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 02:02:34 PM »
I have read anywhere from 2-7 gazilion and others say he is bartering with Myoplex bars

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2006, 02:08:17 PM »
Not enough!

No upfront athlete contracts means nobody top tier will convert...

I doubt that one guy who got a shot at the top 6 in the Olympia, Lee Priest, and one guy who should be able to crack the top ten, Vince Taylor, would jump to a new organisation w/o getting paid upfront.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2006, 02:09:33 PM »
The same amount he brought to womens professional bodybuilding in 20 years... almost $3,000!!
a

ether

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2006, 02:10:27 PM »
10 bucks???

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2006, 02:12:13 PM »
pdi is a beautiful thing finally they can leave the evil weiders behind and do their own thing, and everything will be wonderful  ::)
Z

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2006, 02:23:37 PM »
the only expenses he's had is promoting a single show.   How expensive is that?   Once that's done, he'll go onto the next show, then then next.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2006, 02:34:20 PM »
I doubt that one guy who got a shot at the top 6 in the Olympia, Lee Priest, and one guy who should be able to crack the top ten, Vince Taylor, would jump to a new organisation w/o getting paid upfront.

YIP
Zack
It has been stated that there are no upfront contracts for any athletes or even paid airfares etc just prize money but I don't personally believe that.

I doubt Vince Taylor would compete without some prep money...

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2006, 03:41:43 PM »
I'd say enough for 2 rides on the city bus

There's no website, no radio show, no national ads....nothing.

Just 240 or bust running off at the mouth and some Semi-Pro's posting on Getbig. 

If someone like Dan Lurie came out with the organization, I'd be behind it 100% simply because of his character and that he keeps his word on thing.  However Wayne Demilitia is different.  He is a great marketeer and he knows how to promote a show and get tickets sold.  However, I am very weary and I believe the NOC will be the only show we'll see from the PDI.  A lot of the other proposed PDI shows are now not even taking place and the NOC has been condensed together with a "pro qualifier". 

If the NOC is the showpiece of the federation, then having an amatuer show running alongside it doesn't look good
A

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2006, 04:11:55 PM »
If the NOC is the showpiece of the federation, then having an amatuer show running alongside it doesn't look good

The Arnold is the 'showpiece' of the IFBB, and they are adding an amateur component in 2007.

Maybe the PDI is onto something here...

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2006, 04:24:46 PM »
Eleventy Brazilion Dollars.

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2006, 04:31:25 PM »
I'd say enough for 2 rides on the city bus

There's no website, no radio show, no national ads....nothing.

Just 240 or bust running off at the mouth and some Semi-Pro's posting on Getbig. 

If someone like Dan Lurie came out with the organization, I'd be behind it 100% simply because of his character and that he keeps his word on thing.  However Wayne Demilitia is different.  He is a great marketeer and he knows how to promote a show and get tickets sold.  However, I am very weary and I believe the NOC will be the only show we'll see from the PDI.  A lot of the other proposed PDI shows are now not even taking place and the NOC has been condensed together with a "pro qualifier". 

Oh you mean like the Europa show and Arnold next year having a amature show with it as well.Yeah that does look bad  :P.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2006, 04:33:54 PM »
The Arnold is the 'showpiece' of the IFBB, and they are adding an amateur component in 2007.

Maybe the PDI is onto something here...

The Arnold Classic is a big show but its certainly not the showpiece.  That's the Mr Olympia. 

When the Tonight Show has a bodybuilder as a guest, do they invite the 2006 Arnold Classic Champion or the 2005 Mr Olympia?????  Get my drift bro???

The Mr Olympia will always be the showpiece, the king of all events. 
A

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2006, 04:42:23 PM »
vince you are as intelligent as your body is fine, so basically your a dumb ass that looks like shit.

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2006, 04:55:54 PM »

The Arnold Classic is a big show but its certainly not the showpiece.  That's the Mr Olympia. 

When the Tonight Show has a bodybuilder as a guest, do they invite the 2006 Arnold Classic Champion or the 2005 Mr Olympia?????  Get my drift bro???

The Mr Olympia will always be the showpiece, the king of all events. 

Oh my bad i forgot how Great that made Bodybuilding look on Leno.Really big steps forward.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2006, 05:18:38 PM »
When the Tonight Show has a bodybuilder as a guest, do they invite the 2006 Arnold Classic Champion or the 2005 Mr Olympia?????

To the talent booker at The Tonight Show, Ronnie Coleman is a big dumb freak - as important and respect-worthy as a guy who can shove a frankfurter all the way up each nostril.

If he's not available, I'm sure the winner of the Arnold will do fine.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2006, 05:22:25 PM »
Oh my bad i forgot how Great that made Bodybuilding look on Leno.Really big steps forward.

Its called an example, Lee or is the ink in your tatoo.....never mind.  I'm not even going to go there 

You as an IFBB pro know good and well that the Mr Olympia is the top prize.  Not the Europa Show or the Arnold. 

If they add an amateur event at the Mr Olympia, then that's different.  But they are not are they????  Adding amateur events is cheesy and it may be good for regular events but definitely not for the showpiece of the PDI or IFBB

In order for the PDI to survive, it will have to make a profit rather than a loss.  If it can do that as well as have some other profitable shows then it may have a residue of a chance.  But I think all its going to take is one show losing a lot of money and Wayne will kill the whole thing. 

When I spoke with Wayne last year to discuss being a vendor at the Expo, he stated that he was completely done with bodybuilding.  Now he has this PDI thing.  Its a flip flop
A

MorningPoop

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • BOB CHIC..WORLDS BEST "OLDER' BODYBUIILDER.
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2006, 05:27:33 PM »
Vince, did anyone ever tell you, you look like Mr.Hanky the Christmas Poo from SOuthPark.

DragonsBreath

• Getbig III
  • Been to Hell and back! NEXT!
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2006, 05:27:43 PM »
Vince, although I think your a delusional idiot, I have to agree that adding amateur events to pro shows just lowers the quality of the event.

Example: televised flag football game at the half time of the Superbowl.

jeffrey.

• Getbig III
  • i love the pdi
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2006, 05:30:15 PM »

Its called an example, Lee or is the ink in your tatoo.....never mind.  I'm not even going to go there 

You as an IFBB pro know good and well that the Mr Olympia is the top prize.  Not the Europa Show or the Arnold. 

If they add an amateur event at the Mr Olympia, then that's different.  But they are not are they????  Adding amateur events is cheesy and it may be good for regular events but definitely not for the showpiece of the PDI or IFBB

In order for the PDI to survive, it will have to make a profit rather than a loss.  If it can do that as well as have some other profitable shows then it may have a residue of a chance.  But I think all its going to take is one show losing a lot of money and Wayne will kill the whole thing. 

When I spoke with Wayne last year to discuss being a vendor at the Expo, he stated that he was completely done with bodybuilding.  Now he has this PDI thing.  Its a flip flop
vince you should do the pdi pro qualifier............kic k some ass man!

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2006, 05:36:21 PM »
vince you should do the pdi pro qualifier............kic k some ass man!

Even if I beat Lee Priest, I'm sure I'd be waiting for the check 10 years later... ::) ::)
A

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2006, 05:44:17 PM »

Even if I beat Lee Priest, I'm sure I'd be waiting for the check 10 years later... ::) ::)

Try beating my mother first.Have you really looked in the mirror .Fuckin retard

jeffrey.

• Getbig III
  • i love the pdi
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2006, 05:46:10 PM »
Try beating my mother first.Have you really looked in the mirror .Fuckin retard
lmfao!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2006, 05:47:17 PM »
But how much money is Wayne DeMilia putting into the PDI?

That's not really information that any of us GetBiggers is privy to, but suffice it to say, even if you know almost nothing about Wayne, you know he's a sound businessman.  

He's got a 5-year plan.  I'm sure he's got some money at risk, but I'm also sure that he's not risking more than he can safely afford to.