Author Topic: Vince Basile?  (Read 50908 times)

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Re: Vince Basile?
« Reply #225 on: August 14, 2006, 08:20:29 PM »
Vince, how many weeks out are you and what is your diet looking like? How many carbs are you taking in?

Not many, only take them after training.  I just blend up a mix with Milk & Egg Protein, Whey, Crushed Ice, & Hemp Oil, about 160 grams of protein and pour it all in a Thermos.  I drink that all during the day, have tuna and spinach for lunch and 2 large steamed chicken breast and veggies for dinner.  That along with the recovery shake with carbs gives me about 300 grams of protein a day

Supplements are mainly Amino Acids & Liver Tablets with every meal.  At night I take an Amino Acid blend and a Collegan/Aloe Vera drink at night to help with my joints and have more productive sleep

I also train 7 days a week as well right now but its 4 gym workouts and 3 light Total Trainer workouts at home so I have plenty of time to recover .  Still plenty of cardio and abs every day.  I will switch to split routines 6 times a day starting Sept to finish up.  I intend to do more moderate weight training this time and less cardio. 
A

what.

• Getbig III
  • Commercialized-ass bitch
« Reply #226 on: August 14, 2006, 08:24:08 PM »

Not many, only take them after training.  I just blend up a mix with Milk & Egg Protein, Whey, Crushed Ice, & Hemp Oil, about 160 grams of protein and pour it all in a Thermos.  I drink that all during the day, have tuna and spinach for lunch and 2 large steamed chicken breast and veggies for dinner.  That along with the recovery shake with carbs gives me about 300 grams of protein a day

I also train 7 days a week as well right now but its 4 gym workouts and 3 light Total Trainer workouts at home so I have plenty of time to recover .  Still plenty of cardio and abs every day.  I will switch to split routines 6 times a day starting Sept to finish up.  I intend to do more moderate weight training this time and less cardio. 

You drink Milk whilst trying to get lean?  No wonder you suck.
Newbies: Goatboy smells

corinth

• Getbig IV
  • Team Wolf
« Reply #227 on: August 14, 2006, 08:25:54 PM »

Your diet is definitely low carb. Has the diet left you very depleted and flat and if so are you going to carb up the last week to fill back out?

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #228 on: August 14, 2006, 08:30:44 PM »
Your diet is definitely low carb. Has the diet left you very depleted and flat and if so are you going to carb up the last week to fill back out?

He's planning on falling asleep rather than carbing up.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #229 on: August 14, 2006, 08:38:24 PM »

I won't fill up until that Wednesday before the show.  I am pretty flat and depleted but the hemp oil helps keep my sanity as well as an herbal spice tea.

On a side note, some jackass stole my laundry I had washing.  It was only some of my whites  but my Yu-Yu Hakashu shirt was in there too.  Only thing I found was a single pair of drawers on floor near the exit.  Oh well, anyone who steals clothes are problably in bad shape.   Time for bed

A

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #230 on: August 14, 2006, 08:39:54 PM »

I won't fill up until that Wednesday before the show.  I am pretty flat and depleted but the hemp oil helps keep my sanity as well as an herbal spice tea.

you seem sane. how about some more pics?
E

corinth

• Getbig IV
  • Team Wolf
« Reply #231 on: August 14, 2006, 08:50:19 PM »

On a side note, some jackass stole my laundry I had washing.  It was only some of my whites  but my Yu-Yu Hakashu shirt was in there too.  Only thing I found was a single pair of drawers on floor near the exit.  Oh well, anyone who steals clothes are problably in bad shape.   Time for bed

What make you decide to use hemp oil instead of flax? I've never heard of using hemp oil. What do you plan to use to carb up with?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #232 on: August 14, 2006, 09:11:35 PM »
Look, Vince G, it is confusing when you 'contribute' to threads I am in. You were on the money with your comments about Mike so thanks for that. However, the exchange between you and Cheri is Getbig crap and you should know better. Tell you what I am going to do. Come on down to Sydney and train at my gym for a month or two and we will see if we can help you. Someone has got to do something because something just doesn't ring true here. If you are as knowledgeable as you indicate you should be able to demonstrate that ability by forging a great physique and appear in a lineup looking cut and huge. Okay, that isn't easy as you now know, but if that photo is a true likeness of you then I don't know what to say. Gynocomastia is evidence of trying to take shortcuts and I must say there are a lot of guys out there who believe if they take drugs they will get huge. Well, sometimes they don't get the results they imagine. So if you are going to argue from a position of authority then I suggest you win some big show soon. A state title will be sufficient as far as I am concerned. Your exchanges with Cheri reveal that you have descended to her level of discourse and I really expected better from you. I guess you have hung around Getbig long enough to pick up pathetic ways to putdown others on this forum. All that does is reveal a nasty side in you and that affects your integrity and credibility.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #233 on: August 14, 2006, 09:12:57 PM »
Getbig crap

That phrase would come to you from the Department of Redundancy Department :)

JDK

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #234 on: August 14, 2006, 11:58:55 PM »
Vince, could you explain how such a day of training 8-12 hours should look like exactly? Like the famous arm routine, where you do a couple of sets every hour, or training more or less nonstop? what about nutrition intake on that day? anything special?
I am honestly interested in learning and eventually starting this kind of experiment, but i have not enough information how to actually do it. btw iŽd love to come to sydney to do it under your guidance, but i live in germany and have not enough time and money to spend a prolonged period of time in australia.

your help is appreciated,
Jan

MonstaDwarf

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • lift it machine
« Reply #235 on: August 15, 2006, 12:34:16 AM »
I have done four 9hr arm training days (one month apart). and have documented it in Australian Iron man mag. Was a few years back tho.
rest day the day before. a big breakfast at 7am then start a 9am. Finish at five, pack up and go out for a big feed. rest the next day. don't directly train arms for a week. the first time  I did this was on a Sunday and was done at a friends house. we chose ez barbell curls and seated cross bench dips. four bi/tri supersets every hour on the hour. 10gms of BCAA's and a protien shake after last superset for that hour is done. We were somewhat carb depleted at the end and arms were like mush. my arms were 17.1 inches after this session pumped up from 16 inches. the second time We had three partispants and did it at my dads house. same exercises on a hot day. 9hrs. i feel asleep during the 4pm to 5pm session and had to be woken up to finish off. :) 16.7 inches before. a smidgeon off 18 inches after. third session had four people and we added a set to failure of close grip push ups on the half hour mark. this was tricky with four of us. so we decided on just thee super sets after the first time around. before measurement was 17.2 after 18.7. (So close to 19 inches)!! Last time was back to two, a different two I started with. I added in a little carb every couple of hours this time because trying too keep up the training for so long without carbs was really making the last few hours a massive struggle (although i guess that is the idea). So the measurements?? before workout a scant 17.4 but cracked 19 in the end.
so after four months  I had added an inch and a half cold, but could pump my arms very quickly to over 19. my bodyweight at the time was around 80k at five foot two.
would they have grownth that much anyway? maybe but they have never grown that much since.
maybe it is time to try it again? :)
forward ho

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #236 on: August 15, 2006, 01:31:23 AM »
We have done that Ironman one day arm routine in the past on two occasions. It was suggested that up to 1/2 inch could be gained that way but no one made any permanent gains. We trained about 15 minutes on the hour and 15 minutes every half hour and did a variety of exercises with the idea of trying to get a maximum pump. The first time we took milk products and vitamins and that was a disaster because we ended up with upset tummies. Not very smart. The second time was better but I think we needed more carbs. It was abandoned as a waste of time and energy. I think I gained something like a 1/4 inch each time but it wasn't permanent.

No, my idea is totally different from that and essentially the idea is to take one effective exercise for biceps and one for triceps and after warming up to alternate between these muscles using the maximum resistance for the duration of the session. I would advise than anyone trying this protocol do so on their own and not feel I endorse it. It is way too easy to get injured and you have to know how to avoid those injuries. For example, do not let the elbows touch any pads in either exercise. Sometimes that means having to modify equipment because most arm machines have pads under the elbows and that is not recommended. If you damage the sheath over the elbows you might get a permanent injury. No ballistic movements should be done and neither is it necessary to do any forced reps. Just do the target reps for as many as you can with that heavy resistance then go do the other exercise. I think you can snack as you go because you will be resting a couple of minutes between sets. It would be advisable to ease into this program and not do all day training off the bat. It probably is not necessary and perhaps an hour is sufficient the first day. I am not sure about frequency but daily would be best if there is not too much pain. The idea is NOT to let the muscles recover. I honestly believe that is the biggest falsehood in bodybuilding and most end up having to cope with the repeated bout effect and this hampers further progress. The strategy is to give the muscle a stimulus for maximum growth from that day and then sustain the stimulus on successive days. It may well turn out that training every 2nd or 3rd day is superior to daily bombardment. This would have to be determined by experiments and not speculation. However, my conjecture is that daily training might lead to maximum hypertrophy growth and if this can be sustained then who knows how much growth is possible in a very short period of time. The amount of time each day is also something that will have to be discovered. I would estimate perhaps 8 hours going by what Bryan Haycock suggests at Hypertrophy Specific Training. Naturally this growth should cause rapid increases in strength and the progression should be steady and marked. It is absolutely crucial that you do the most effective exercises and I can tell you most gyms do not have this equipment.

MonstaDwarf

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • lift it machine
« Reply #237 on: August 15, 2006, 03:33:11 AM »
If you have the equipment then i'll give it a go.
forward ho

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #238 on: August 15, 2006, 03:55:30 AM »
Look, Vince G, it is confusing when you 'contribute' to threads I am in. You were on the money with your comments about Mike so thanks for that. However, the exchange between you and Cheri is Getbig crap and you should know better. Tell you what I am going to do. Come on down to Sydney and train at my gym for a month or two and we will see if we can help you. Someone has got to do something because something just doesn't ring true here. If you are as knowledgeable as you indicate you should be able to demonstrate that ability by forging a great physique and appear in a lineup looking cut and huge. Okay, that isn't easy as you now know, but if that photo is a true likeness of you then I don't know what to say. Gynocomastia is evidence of trying to take shortcuts and I must say there are a lot of guys out there who believe if they take drugs they will get huge. Well, sometimes they don't get the results they imagine. So if you are going to argue from a position of authority then I suggest you win some big show soon. A state title will be sufficient as far as I am concerned. Your exchanges with Cheri reveal that you have descended to her level of discourse and I really expected better from you. I guess you have hung around Getbig long enough to pick up pathetic ways to putdown others on this forum. All that does is reveal a nasty side in you and that affects your integrity and credibility.

Hey, you have your way.  I have my way. 

I don't mind trashing Cheri.  Good for keeping up my wrestling promo skills.
A

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #239 on: August 15, 2006, 05:13:10 AM »
Excuse me Mr. Basile, but you know nothing of this idiot (Vince Goodrum).  I suggest you research your friends a little better before "inviting" them to your domain.  Just because I stood up for Michael who had clearly made his peace with you prior to you pulling a Sybil doesn't make me the bad guy.  You may have registered here in 2004, but you sure haven't been around the whole time.   ;)  As you can see...you offer him advice and he shit all over you.

Vince Goodblast, may have just lost the only person willing to stick up for you.  Vince Basile offers you some advice and you blast him with a "Hey, you have your way.  I have my way."   You're too much!    Oh and btw, you ARE one seriously delusional tool if you really think your "sissy ass comments" trashed me. 
:D Weee

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #240 on: August 15, 2006, 05:29:19 AM »
Excuse me Mr. Basile, but you know nothing of this idiot (Vince Goodrum).  I suggest you research your friends a little better before "inviting" them to your domain.  Just because I stood up for Michael who had clearly made his peace with you prior to you pulling a Sybil doesn't make me the bad guy.  You may have registered here in 2004, but you sure haven't been around the whole time.   ;)  As you can see...you offer him advice and he shit all over you.

Vince Goodblast, may have just lost the only person willing to stick up for you.  Vince Basile offers you some advice and you blast him with a "Hey, you have your way.  I have my way."   You're too much!    Oh and btw, you ARE one seriously delusional tool if you really think your "sissy ass comments" trashed me.

Cheri Lane, perhaps you and Arvilla are taking this "friends on a board" thing a wee bit too far?

And you're funny when commenting on Basile not following the daily antics of Getbig.

When did that become a prerequisite for replying when some toolbox claims you're a grandfather and works with airplanes?

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

xpac2

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #241 on: August 15, 2006, 05:45:56 AM »
Awwwwww. I'm sorry your boyfriend doesn't stick up for you.  :-\  But there's no need to be jealous.  :-*

Monster weak comeback.

On the other hand you do trash Vince G which makes you Cool in my book.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #242 on: August 15, 2006, 06:14:54 AM »

In this case, I'll have to side Vince on this matter.

Mike you created this post, joked about how big of an old foggy he is and accused him of being a gimmick account when he's been around here for a few years.

Have some respect, bro and please stop bragging about getting third place.  The reason I say this is because if I had walked onstage in the same condition I was at the 2004 Metrolina, I would have even walked home with a trophy as well.  There was not enough people in your class to be considered "a tough division". 

No-one remembers third place, Mike.  Do they????

Vince won the Mr Canada...First Place.  He can go around and still say he's a Mr Canada even if it was 36 years ago and people would still give him props. 

No-one goes around and advertises he took third place in a bodybuilding show. 

Third place is same as being the second loser.  Sorry!!!  Now go win a show and then you'll have room to talk

you fucking Mr hankey looking idiot!~
first you weren't in any "condition" at the Metrolina......you would have gotten no trophy
(you were/are the guy everyone laughs at at every show, who does not belong on stage,no training/no dieting no muscle)
there were 10 plus people in the mens open heavyweight class, which got whittled to the top 5,after third place no trophy)
Florida NPC  shows are among the toughest in the country
(only way you would get a trophy would be to buy one!)
you are the worst excuse for a bodybuilder i have ever seen
you are humiliated and degraded every day yet you still come back for more
YOU ARE THE INTERNET PUNCHING BAG..................... .....you are not worthy to speak my name
have a nice day!   :D

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #243 on: August 15, 2006, 06:48:14 AM »
We have done that Ironman one day arm routine in the past on two occasions. It was suggested that up to 1/2 inch could be gained that way but no one made any permanent gains. We trained about 15 minutes on the hour and 15 minutes every half hour and did a variety of exercises with the idea of trying to get a maximum pump. The first time we took milk products and vitamins and that was a disaster because we ended up with upset tummies. Not very smart. The second time was better but I think we needed more carbs. It was abandoned as a waste of time and energy. I think I gained something like a 1/4 inch each time but it wasn't permanent.

No, my idea is totally different from that and essentially the idea is to take one effective exercise for biceps and one for triceps and after warming up to alternate between these muscles using the maximum resistance for the duration of the session. I would advise than anyone trying this protocol do so on their own and not feel I endorse it. It is way too easy to get injured and you have to know how to avoid those injuries. For example, do not let the elbows touch any pads in either exercise. Sometimes that means having to modify equipment because most arm machines have pads under the elbows and that is not recommended. If you damage the sheath over the elbows you might get a permanent injury. No ballistic movements should be done and neither is it necessary to do any forced reps. Just do the target reps for as many as you can with that heavy resistance then go do the other exercise. I think you can snack as you go because you will be resting a couple of minutes between sets. It would be advisable to ease into this program and not do all day training off the bat. It probably is not necessary and perhaps an hour is sufficient the first day. I am not sure about frequency but daily would be best if there is not too much pain. The idea is NOT to let the muscles recover. I honestly believe that is the biggest falsehood in bodybuilding and most end up having to cope with the repeated bout effect and this hampers further progress. The strategy is to give the muscle a stimulus for maximum growth from that day and then sustain the stimulus on successive days. It may well turn out that training every 2nd or 3rd day is superior to daily bombardment. This would have to be determined by experiments and not speculation. However, my conjecture is that daily training might lead to maximum hypertrophy growth and if this can be sustained then who knows how much growth is possible in a very short period of time. The amount of time each day is also something that will have to be discovered. I would estimate perhaps 8 hours going by what Bryan Haycock suggests at Hypertrophy Specific Training. Naturally this growth should cause rapid increases in strength and the progression should be steady and marked. It is absolutely crucial that you do the most effective exercises and I can tell you most gyms do not have this equipment.

This is the worst training advice I have seen in a long time.

Yes, there is a time when purposeful overtraining can be used for brief periods to one's advantage but what you are suggesting is just stupid.

For anyone even considering such a protocol DON'T DO IT!!!  You will not get bigger and stronger but rather the contrary will occur.
w

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #244 on: August 15, 2006, 06:51:42 AM »

Supplements are mainly Amino Acids & Liver Tablets with every meal.  At night I take an Amino Acid blend and a Collegan/Aloe Vera drink at night to help with my joints and have more productive sleep

hahahahaha, you suck.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #245 on: August 15, 2006, 07:01:41 AM »
Cheri Lane, perhaps you and Arvilla are taking this "friends on a board" thing a wee bit too far?

And you're funny when commenting on Basile not following the daily antics of Getbig.

When did that become a prerequisite for replying when some toolbox claims you're a grandfather and works with airplanes?

YIP
Zack
Ya, you're right.  I guess it's normal to invite getbig members that you don't know to come and train with you  ::)

And I guess it's normal to jump onto threads mid-stream and offer information without actually following the thread from the begining.

Oh and I guess it's not normal to Google someone's name (who says they won Mr. Canada) to check them out and see if they have a site or something, but find only information about a pilot with the same name and suspect they could be a fraud. 

Come on Hedge...we used to be such good friends  :)  What happened to you?

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #246 on: August 15, 2006, 07:07:15 AM »
Vince Goodrun and Vince Basile.................. .what a great fucking thread!

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #247 on: August 15, 2006, 07:21:15 AM »
Ya, you're right.  I guess it's normal to invite getbig members that you don't know to come and train with you  ::)

And I guess it's normal to jump onto threads mid-stream and offer information without actually following the thread from the begining.

Oh and I guess it's not normal to Google someone's name (who says they won Mr. Canada) to check them out and see if they have a site or something, but find only information about a pilot with the same name and suspect they could be a fraud. 

Come on Hedge...we used to be such good friends  :)  What happened to you?

Probably has had the same reaction as a lot of others reading this thread. Vince has been on this board for a long time and his input, from a historical perspective, on various topics is beyond question -ie. he knew or knows a lot of the significant people in bb, and weird training advocacy aside, offers a lot to this board. I certainly like reading what he has to say and search out his byline over most on this forum. A cursory search, or just lurking for a week or so would convince anyone of the veracity of his account (so would just simply looking at his profile!) so for someone to question it is/was (for whatever reason) just being disingenuous. And the continued knee-jerk defence of having made such a 'mistake' just rings hollow, and makes for cringe-worthy reading.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #248 on: August 15, 2006, 07:25:32 AM »
Probably has had the same reaction as a lot of others reading this thread. Vince has been on this board for a long time and his input, from a historical perspective, on various topics is beyond question -ie. he knew or knows a lot of the significant people in bb, and weird training advocacy aside, offers a lot to this board. I certainly like reading what he has to say and search out his byline over most on this forum. A cursory search, or just lurking for a week or so would convince anyone of the veracity of his account (so would just simply looking at his profile!) so for someone to question it is/was (for whatever reason) just being disingenuous. And the continued knee-jerk defence of having made such a 'mistake' just rings hollow, and makes for cringe-worthy reading.

wow...............what big words you have son!
fair enough then.................... both "Vinces" are tools
how is that for non-verbose honesty?

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #249 on: August 15, 2006, 07:37:02 AM »
You misconstrued what I am saying here Dr. Chimps.  Firstly the continued defence is due to part of individuals coming into the thread and not reading through to find that it was a mistake on Arvilla's behalf, for thinking Basile was a gimmick.  Michael owned up to it and apologized to Basile.  Basile accepted and then later went back on the "group" band wagon slinging crap back at Michael.  Does he care?  No, he really doesn't.  Do I care?  Actually, yes I do.  Because if he is as "refined" as everyone thinks or wants to think, he would have just ended the whole thing after Michael's apology and not carried on in such a matter as to challenge him in a "largest arm" contest (of which he has done before according to others and then backed out of).