Author Topic: war on Iran march 2007?  (Read 8781 times)

muscleforlife

• Getbig IV
war on Iran march 2007?
« on: March 05, 2007, 02:43:35 PM »
Has anyone heard any murmurings on this?  Heard a blurb, not sure if it is accurate.

That's the word on the street.

Sandra

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
Re: war on Iran march 2007?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 02:59:58 PM »
What we do know is:

1. Bush has made arrangements to have attack orders carried out in 24 hours or less.

2. He has done this to outflank the growing efforts of Congress and the Pentagon top brass to make giving such orders more difficult.

To me it sure looks like that adds up to an attack sooner rather than later.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 03:10:47 PM »
What we do know is:

1. Bush has made arrangements to have attack orders carried out in 24 hours or less.

2. He has done this to outflank the growing efforts of Congress and the Pentagon top brass to make giving such orders more difficult.

To me it sure looks like that adds up to an attack sooner rather than later.

That's quite a sensible post.  The decision for Bush, as time runs out on his Presidency, is what legacy will he seek to be remebered by.  I believe Iran needs to be disarmed as soon as possible.
Thread Killer

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 03:18:09 PM »
for whatever its worth, a russian parliamentary official announced in the first week of January, that the US will strike iranian targets on march 28.

the link was posted here.  also i think zogby had 70+% of Americans believing bush would strike in march.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2007, 03:19:14 PM »
I believe Iran needs to be disarmed as soon as possible.

...as long as YOUR neck isn't on the line in there.

armchair soldier.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2007, 03:21:14 PM »
no, no,  nothing is gonna happen right now.

The American public hasn't been scared shitless by the government regarding Iran, yet.  If something does happen it will be a air campaign. But not likely right now.

Also,  if you think Iraq was a mess,  Iran's going to be 10 times that.   We don't have the troops right now to pull both off.   

Plus we would have heard about more troops getting deployed from all ove rthe USA prior to today.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2007, 03:26:50 PM »
That's quite a sensible post.  The decision for Bush, as time runs out on his Presidency, is what legacy will he seek to be remebered by.  I believe Iran needs to be disarmed as soon as possible.

Iran needs to be disarmed?  ::)  What arms does Iran have? 
Iran can cripple this continent within a week without firing a shot.

If they shut down the straits of Hormuz... we're screwed!
w

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2007, 03:33:16 PM »
...as long as YOUR neck isn't on the line in there.
armchair soldier.

Erm, aren't you the same 240 that argues we should remain in Iraq, if only for their precious oil?  Am I to assume you are an armchair oil bandit?

And just so you know, a whole lot more peoples' necks will be on the collective line if Iran points something nuclear at, let's say, Israel.
Thread Killer

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2007, 03:49:24 PM »
no, no,  nothing is gonna happen right now.

The American public hasn't been scared shitless by the government regarding Iran, yet.  If something does happen it will be a air campaign. But not likely right now.

Also,  if you think Iraq was a mess,  Iran's going to be 10 times that.   We don't have the troops right now to pull both off.   

Plus we would have heard about more troops getting deployed from all ove rthe USA prior to today.

I disagree.  Iran will be nothing like Iraq.  When we strike them, there will be instant retaliation here in America.  I know everyone is going to call BS, but I think there is a very good chance that their threats in this area are real.  If we go into Iran, full blown world war won't be long behind.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2007, 03:51:35 PM »
Erm, aren't you the same 240 that argues we should remain in Iraq, if only for their precious oil?  Am I to assume you are an armchair oil bandit?

And just so you know, a whole lot more peoples' necks will be on the collective line if Iran points something nuclear at, let's say, Israel.

Bruce, the US needs to "manage" Iraqi oil to maintain our way of life.  

You see, I am open about this fact - we need their oil to keep our style of life and to keep the rapidly arming chinese from getting it.  You can't seem to admit that.  It's the truth, as painful as it is.

Bruce, why would the US attack Iran for Israel?

Israel has a nice little army, their awesome air force, their own nukes, and they haven't done much to help us in iraq.

So why would we sacrifice American lives and dollars, so they don't have to?  You've always gotten all froggy here, saying "they are our allies", but they are perfectly capable for fighting that war, seeing as we have our hands MORE than full without our other 2 wars.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2007, 03:53:09 PM »
Iraq was 26 million poor people with no WMD.
Iran is 70 million strong, loaded with $, and a developing nuke program.

That war is going to be a freakin mess.

And to think for a moment we should enter a third shitstorm, because Iran "might" attack Israel, makes no sense to me.  LET THEM DO IT.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2007, 04:02:55 PM »
Bruce, the US needs to "manage" Iraqi oil to maintain our way of life.  

You see, I am open about this fact - we need their oil to keep our style of life and to keep the rapidly arming chinese from getting it.  You can't seem to admit that.  It's the truth, as painful as it is.

I would say being dead would hamper your way of life a little bit more than paying $.50 a gallon more for fuel.  Iran, as you've pointed out in your other post, is a significant danger to the region and possibly further.

Bruce, why would the US attack Iran for Israel?

Do you understand what an 'ally' is?  And I'm not suggesting they do it solely for Israel, despite the fact thousands of Americans live there.  Have you considered the 100,000 plus Americans across the border in Iraq?
Thread Killer

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2007, 04:16:08 PM »
LET THEM DO IT.
LOL, didn't you know that's the Israeli motto?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2007, 04:32:54 PM »
I would say being dead would hamper your way of life a little bit more than paying $.50 a gallon more for fuel.  Iran, as you've pointed out in your other post, is a significant danger to the region and possibly further.

Do you understand what an 'ally' is?  And I'm not suggesting they do it solely for Israel, despite the fact thousands of Americans live there.  Have you considered the 100,000 plus Americans across the border in Iraq?

Bruce,

Do you believe Israel should have to contribute man, money, and firepower to a war in iran?

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2007, 04:33:41 PM »
Somebody's got to take out the Nuke facilities. US or Israel. And it will not ever look like a joint effort.
If that Iranian nut gets nukes - (more than he allready prolly has)  The world WILL regret it down the line.
Bush squandered political and military capital on this dismal Iraq thing and should of just sat back and contained Saddam. Too late now. Watch the gold and commodities go nuts if the fireworks go off.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2007, 04:37:34 PM »
Bruce,

Do you believe Israel should have to contribute man, money, and firepower to a war in iran?

Categorically, yes.
Thread Killer

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2007, 04:39:48 PM »
Us and Israel cant stand hand in hand and fight.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2007, 04:44:45 PM »
Categorically, yes.

Cool.  Me too.  And I'm fine if we have to bomb the shit out of Iran.  A few things though:

1) Negotiations first.  We refuse to talk to them.  that's just unreasonable.  if we put down a list of demands, and promised to NOT invade them, they might cave thanks to their people not wanting to become baghdadians.  Right now we say "we won't talk until you do everything we say", but the nuke is their only trump card should we march into tehran.

2) Israel needs to help.  They want to fire a few nifty rockets at iran, then let the US men over there deal with the consequences.  They need to put 20,000 men on the ground to kick things off.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2007, 04:45:46 PM »
Us and Israel cant stand hand in hand and fight.

Fortunately for our soldiers, warfare is generally not hand to hand combat anymore, so I'm sure a potential bilateral force would work just fine.
Thread Killer

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2007, 04:50:38 PM »
Cool.  Me too.  And I'm fine if we have to bomb the shit out of Iran.  A few things though:

1) Negotiations first.  We refuse to talk to them.  that's just unreasonable.  if we put down a list of demands, and promised to NOT invade them, they might cave thanks to their people not wanting to become baghdadians.  Right now we say "we won't talk until you do everything we say", but the nuke is their only trump card should we march into tehran.

2) Israel needs to help.  They want to fire a few nifty rockets at iran, then let the US men over there deal with the consequences.  They need to put 20,000 men on the ground to kick things off.

We shall see, obviously Israel has its own military constraints forced on it by the frequent threat of terror from across the Gaza Strip.  Any help they are willing to give will be just that.
Thread Killer

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2007, 04:59:02 PM »
I disagree.  Iran will be nothing like Iraq.  When we strike them, there will be instant retaliation here in America.  I know everyone is going to call BS, but I think there is a very good chance that their threats in this area are real.  If we go into Iran, full blown world war won't be long behind.

what do you disagree with?    ???

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2007, 05:00:41 PM »
Bilateral?  :o I don't see it happening. Never has been any overt Ops of that nature.
Highly Covert only.  Too much political liability w/ the countries in the region.
Not every leader over there is all peachy w/ Iran joining the  Nuke club. 

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2007, 05:14:51 PM »
Bilateral?  :o I don't see it happening. Never has been any overt Ops of that nature.
Highly Covert only.  Too much political liability w/ the countries in the region.
Not every leader over there is all peachy w/ Iran joining the  Nuke club. 

Never has there been 'overt' co-operation between nations in waging a war?  Have you not seen the US/British/Australian/etc. efforts in Iraq?
Thread Killer

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2007, 05:24:53 PM »
Bruce, I didn't mean that. I meant USA & Israel.
That is going to be avoided at all costs.
They will create a whole separate front/ incident and isolate at the most.
USA and Israel hand in hand will not go over well in the region.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2007, 05:29:59 PM »
USA and Israel hand in hand will not go over well in the region.

It has nothing to do with 'going over well' in the region.  In case you haven't noticed, Israelis have been targeted by Islamic terror organisations for the last several decades for nothing more than having existed in the first place.  I hardly think defending themselves against a possible nuclear winter in Iran is going to worry them on account that it won't 'go over well' with their neighbors.

Besides this, I'm sure the US will be able to garner support from other freedom loving nations (Read: not the UN or EU).
Thread Killer