Author Topic: OBAMA'S ASS-KICKING OF 3333 CONTINUES...Ghadafi dead and defeated  (Read 19660 times)

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
Re: OBAMA'S ASS-KICKING OF 3333 CONTINUES...Ghadafi dead and defeated
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2011, 08:57:36 AM »

i am so confused by the left cheering this on.   
you've been confused everyday of your life..what else is new?...50,000 dumb posts on a guy who is kicking the shit out of you

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2011, 08:59:59 AM »
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/libya/8841812/Rebels-accused-of-executing-former-Libyan-leader-and-son-Mutassim.html

And you people are celebrating this?    Ever think Maybe keeping Gadaffi in place was being done for a reason?    

Ghadafi could have still been in power but he destroyed himself by proclaiming that he would murder everyone in his country in order to stay in power...and he would have...I believe him...Once he proclaimed that, the U.S. and NATO had to act...you know things are bad when FRANCE AND BRITAIN ACTUALLY WANT TO FIGHT

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2011, 09:02:53 AM »
Again.

Why are liberals willing to heap praise on Obama but chastised Bush when he took out Hussein?

The reason for their criticism was this: How does Hussein affect the USA? His death accomplishes nothing! Therefore, Bush doesn't deserve any credit.

How come that standard has all of the sudden changed for Obama?

you make a valid point here about the far left Libs, but also Bush hurt himself drastically by going through the whole weapons of mass destruction thing.....I believe Bush's intentions were well-meaning but he was lied to by some of his advisors who did not serve him well.....

which is why Colin Powell quit

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2011, 09:35:43 AM »
Ghadafi could have still been in power but he destroyed himself by proclaiming that he would murder everyone in his country in order to stay in power...and he would have...I believe him...Once he proclaimed that, the U.S. and NATO had to act...you know things are bad when FRANCE AND BRITAIN ACTUALLY WANT TO FIGHT

So because Assad hasn't said he'll kill everyone but in the mean time has killed 3,000+ people then there's no reason to step in?

What a stupid justification. It's not our job to fight civil wars. Central African countries have been killing each other for years. How come no one steps in there? Oh wait, the Anointed One just interjected us into a stupid war against the LRA.  ::)

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2011, 09:40:00 AM »
So because Assad hasn't said he'll kill everyone but in the mean time has killed 3,000+ people then there's no reason to step in?

What a stupid justification. It's not our job to fight civil wars. Central African countries have been killing each other for years. How come no one steps in there? Oh wait, the Anointed One just interjected us into a stupid war against the LRA.  ::)

well..first of all, oh-he-who-knows-it-all-but-never-admits-he's-wrong, blame China and Russia for blocking action on Assad....the U.S. had the cover of NATO and the U.N. who authorized our actions in Libya.....the U.S. has tried its best to get a resolution at least condemning Assad to no avail due to Russia and China..I don't see you complaining about them???

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2011, 09:42:26 AM »
well..first of all, oh-he-who-knows-it-all-but-never-admits-he's-wrong, blame China and Russia for blocking action on Assad....the U.S. had the cover of NATO and the U.N. who authorized our actions in Libya.....the U.S. has tried its best to get a resolution at least condemning Assad to no avail due to Russia and China..I don't see you complaining about them???

Since when has Obama cared about laws? Obama put us into the Libyan War without congressional authorization but he won't put us into war against Syria because of the UN? Good to know his priorities lie with an organization that seeks to destroy any sovereignty we have left. ::)

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2011, 09:45:26 AM »
Since when has Obama cared about laws? Obama put us into the Libyan War without congressional authorization but he won't put us into war against Syria because of the UN? Good to know his priorities lie with an organization that seeks to destroy any sovereignty we have left. ::)

a lot of presidents don't seek authorization.....would you???.....Obama gambled that the war would be relatively short and he was right.....give him credit for making the right call.....presidents often make the calculation that if the intervention is going to be short-lived they can get away with not asking congress for approval..they often don't have a grasp of the facts like the president does

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2011, 09:48:17 AM »
a lot of presidents don't seek authorization.....would you???.....Obama gambled that the war would be relatively short and he was right.....give him credit for making the right call.....presidents often make the calculation that if the intervention is going to be short-lived they can get away with not asking congress for approval..they often don't have a grasp of the facts like the president does

Ahh yes, the straw man justification: a lot of presidents did it so Obama can, too. I'd love to see these other presidents. Even Bush had congressional authorization.

7 months isn't a short-lived intervention regardless of however many claims of "days, not weeks" are made.

Love these warmongering leftists. All anti-war when it's not their guy acting the imperialist but it's full steam ahead when someone they support gets in there.

Obama put us into an illegal war to secure oil for Europe. Stop acting like anyone actually cares about the civilians.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2011, 09:49:43 AM »
Ahh yes, the straw man justification: a lot of presidents did it so Obama can, too. I'd love to see these other presidents. Even Bush had congressional authorization.

7 months isn't a short-lived intervention regardless of however many claims of "days, not weeks" are made.

Love these warmongering leftists. All anti-war when it's not their guy acting the imperialist but it's full steam ahead when someone they support gets in there.

Obama put us into an illegal war to secure oil for Europe. Stop acting like anyone actually cares about the civilians.

okay..we agree to disagree....but oil is important to the economy...we are not using solar power yet

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2011, 09:52:54 AM »
okay..we agree to disagree....but oil is important to the economy...we are not using solar power yet

Is that why oil is already back up over $106 after pricing in Libya's refineries coming back online?  ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2011, 10:12:34 AM »
The left loves war, when its their guy doing it.   Hillary has blood lust in her eyes and statements, yet where is cindy Sheehan, moveon, ANSWER, etc? 

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2011, 03:30:57 PM »
Andre, unlike the other delusional left wing shit- for- brains who infect this board, I actually think you're a decent human being.

So, it is with a heavy heart that I must compel you to take a deep breath, step away from the computer and have a coca cola or something.

The fact of the matter is that you love Obama and will support him no matter how poorly conceived and disastrous his policies are. You will vote for him again in 2012 and if possible, you will commit voter fraud and vote for him 11 times no matter how often he has blatantly contradicted himself since taking office. We get it.

That's ok. While it is somewhat abnormal and troubling for an adult male to have such an unhealthy obsession with another man, I would say 20% of the country is as brainwashed as you are when it comes to Obama. Idols can go a long way in this world.  Look at how many records the Beatles are still selling today.

However, I have to take you to task on something that you do on this board almost every day which makes you look like an uneducated, unintelligent, stereotypical urban studies major with a brain the size of a walnut: Performing mental gymnastics to justify, rationalize and celebrate the overwhelming number of failures, inconsistencies and acts of malfeasance committed by the Obama administration as American success.  You sound like a disingenuous, dishonest moron who gets his worldview from a children's pop up book and still believes in Santa Claus.  

Just be honest dude. You support Obama through thick and thin. Loyalty is an admirable trait to possess. Maybe you can join his re-election effort by sending daily reports to David Axelrod on who is making fun of Obama and his hairy wife on getbig.com.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2011, 03:44:40 PM »
Is that why oil is already back up over $106 after pricing in Libya's refineries coming back online?  ::)

oil is always going to be high...whaddaya gonna do???...oh wait..i guess you're trying to say thats Obama's fault too???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: October 22, 2011, 03:45:44 PM »
The left loves war, when its their guy doing it.   Hillary has blood lust in her eyes and statements, yet where is cindy Sheehan, moveon, ANSWER, etc? 

keep crying...and keep eating those sour grapes I'll even feed them to you if you want you hypocrite

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2011, 04:18:00 PM »
Andre, unlike the other delusional left wing shit- for- brains who infect this board, I actually think you're a decent human being.

So, it is with a heavy heart that I must compel you to take a deep breath, step away from the computer and have a coca cola or something.

The fact of the matter is that you love Obama and will support him no matter how poorly conceived and disastrous his policies are. You will vote for him again in 2012 and if possible, you will commit voter fraud and vote for him 11 times no matter how often he has blatantly contradicted himself since taking office. We get it.

That's ok. While it is somewhat abnormal and troubling for an adult male to have such an unhealthy obsession with another man, I would say 20% of the country is as brainwashed as you are when it comes to Obama. Idols can go a long way in this world.  Look at how many records the Beatles are still selling today.

However, I have to take you to task on something that you do on this board almost every day which makes you look like an uneducated, unintelligent, stereotypical urban studies major with a brain the size of a walnut: Performing mental gymnastics to justify, rationalize and celebrate the overwhelming number of failures, inconsistencies and acts of malfeasance committed by the Obama administration as American success.  You sound like a disingenuous, dishonest moron who gets his worldview from a children's pop up book and still believes in Santa Claus.  

Just be honest dude. You support Obama through thick and thin. Loyalty is an admirable trait to possess. Maybe you can join his re-election effort by sending daily reports to David Axelrod on who is making fun of Obama and his hairy wife on getbig.com.

good post.....and I understand why you might feel that I am hyper-partisan but I assure you I am not....I do support Obama..I make no bones about that....I supported Bush to the very end as well....I like to support my president no matter who is in charge.....I've always been this way..i see no apparent good in constantly tearing down our president and blaming him for everything.....

saying that I would vote for him 11 times is funny.....that made me laugh.....I don't see where he has contradicted himself more than any other president....events happen which the president has to respond to.....sometimes it goes against what he himself believes in....I don't think any one thought Obama would be as militaristic as he has been.....I don't have an obsession with him,.,..if anything you should direct that comment to 3333.....he lives and breathes Obama.....

as for the Beatles..i love them..they are the greatest band ever....their current record sales prove that...my support for Obama may seem to be overboard to some, but its in reaction to the overboard negative rhetoric that I see here day in and day out that portrays him unfairly....I have been down on Obama for some things as well..I have stated he must take blame for the economy

if anything Obama has really made attempts to achieve his agenda and his campaign promises..you can't take him to task for that....he is doing what he said he would do

pillowtalk

• Getbig IV
  • Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone
« Reply #65 on: October 22, 2011, 10:33:12 PM »
Obama most likely would have made a fine military officer puppet as he his handlers understand how to delegate power and to whom.

FIXED

PT
Growth/noob loves me

pillowtalk

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2011, 10:38:18 PM »
Well....where are all the nay-sayers now???.....Obama said he would depose Ghadafi and he has......he said he would liberate Libya and thats been done.....

Yeah, sure looks like they needed liberating to me.
Do tell me what his was NOT doing for his people, after you have watched what he WAS doing that is..........

PT
Growth/noob loves me

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: October 23, 2011, 01:12:55 AM »
Defiately shady shit what Obama did. 

pillowtalk

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: October 23, 2011, 02:40:03 AM »
I have said in another thread before he was killed that there were reasons he was on the hit-list here are x5 of them.

THE BRUTAL MURDER of Muammar Gaddafi by Zionist-jewish-owned Libyan insurgents is an example of what happens to political leaders who defy international Jewish bankers.

Gaddafi refused to do the bidding of the Rothschild-centered global banking cartel in x5 areas:

• A Gaddafi-Centered African Union With A Common Currency Here http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/03/world/africa/03africa.html http://rt.com/news/libya-subordinate-role-africa-597/
• A Gaddafi-Run Central Bank Of Libya Here  http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article27208.html
• A Gaddafi-Holding Of 150 Tons Of Gold Here http://web.hurriyetdailynews.com/n.php?n=gadhafi8217s-plans-for-nationalizing-oil-could-have-role-in-military-intervention-experts-say-2011-03-30
• A Gaddafi-Run Libyan Oil Industry Here http://web.hurriyetdailynews.com/n.php?n=gadhafi8217s-plans-for-nationalizing-oil-could-have-role-in-military-intervention-experts-say-2011-03-30
• A Gaddafi-Run ‘Blue-Gold’ Water Reserves Here http://wakeupfromyourslumber.com/blog/andie531/gaddafis-son-natos-goal-control-libyas-wealth

IN JULY OF 2011, the son & heir apparent of Muammar Gaddafi, Saif al-Islam, stated that it wasn’t just Libya’s ‘black gold’ (oil) that the Zionist-JOO  wants, but Libya’s ‘blue gold’ (water) – the some 500 miles of the Nubian Sandstone Aquifer System that lies beneath Libya’s surface.

The Nubian Aquifer is the only fresh water source that remains in North Africa & thus is the focus of what has become known as “Water Wars.”

Two French water firms, the largest in the world, Veolia and Suez SA,” says al-Islam, want to own the Nubian Aquifer, since they will make countless billions in profit from food grown from the water.

PT
Growth/noob loves me

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2011, 05:08:44 AM »
Yeah, sure looks like they needed liberating to me.
Do tell me what his was NOT doing for his people, after you have watched what he WAS doing that is..........

PT

I will watch it and get back to you

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: October 23, 2011, 05:37:09 AM »
Goldman Sachs Lost 98% of Libya's $1.3B Sovereign Wealth Fund Investment
+ Comment now

Most Popular

NEWSPeoplePlacesCompanie s
The Red State in Your Future +50,706 views
Steve Jobs Met His Father Before He Knew Who He Was, Biographer Says +22,293 views
How Dropbox Will Die +20,315 views
Dropbox: The Inside Story Of Tech's Hottest Startup +16,095 views
Sean Parker: Agent Of Disruption +10,384 views
Former Compaq CEO Switches To A Mac, Makes Steve Jobs' Day +9,511 views
The 147 Companies That Control Everything +7,021 views
Where is this market heading? What stocks to buy? +5,745 views
Lessons NOT To Learn From Steve Jobs +4,852 views
Protesters Occupy GE CEO Jeff Immelt's Connecticut Front Lawn +4,485 views
+ show more
 Agustino Fontevecchia
Forbes Staff
+ Follow

+ show more
Having a background in sociology, philosophy, and economics, I'm going to try to give this blog a pretty broad scope. Going from finance and economics, to geopolitics and world news, to the occasional academic or theoretical post. I was born in Buenos Aires, Argentina and live in New York, so we'll try to add that into it as well. Even though I like Adam Smith, don't be surprised if a little Marx makes its way in there as well.

AGUSTINO FONTEVECCHIA’S POPULAR POSTS
Bernanke Fights Ron Paul In Congress: Gold Isn't Money 395,591 views
Bernanke Admits He's Clueless On Economy's Soft Patch 240,152 views
Double-Dip In Housing Almost Here, According To Case-Shiller Index 69,122 views
Egyptian Civil Strife Sends Oil Close To $100 On Suez Canal Fears 50,345 views
Bin Laden's Son May Have Escaped Raid 37,925 views
MORE FROM AGUSTINO FONTEVECCHIA
Agustino’s News Stream

New Post 1 day ago
 More Trouble For Euro Banks: Money Market Funds Cut Exposure By 37%
Comment 1 day ago

Europe is the main beneficiary of Libya's production coming back, as they [...]
on The Death Of Gadhafi And The Future Of Oil Markets
Comment 1 day ago

As international oil companies pour in to Libya, the power struggle will be [...]
on The Death Of Gadhafi And The Future Of Oil Markets
Comment 1 day ago

Interesting, though, to see what it looked like to these normal people-cum [...]
on Videos Of Gadhafi's Body And Last Moments Released
New Post 1 day ago
 Schlumberger: Tight Cushion Of Excess Supply To Fuel Volatile Oil Prices
Video 2 days ago

Mediterranean Mayhem: Gadhafi, Greece, Merkel & Sarkozy
New Post 2 days ago
 The Death Of Gadhafi And The Future Of Oil Markets
New Post 2 days ago
 Videos Of Gadhafi's Body And Last Moments Released
New Post 2 days ago
 Markets LUV Southwest: Rallies Despite Big Loss On Fuel Hedges
New Post 3 days ago
 Noble Reveals High Demand For Deepwater Drilling Despite Oil Price Decline
New Post 3 days ago
 Despite Rocking It In Macau, Wynn Falls Hard On Vegas Slack
New Post 3 days ago
 Netflix Set To Add 4.97M Subscribers In Q3, Stock To Fall To $96, Caris Says
New Post 3 days ago
 Weak Fed Beige Book Suggests QE3 Is Around The Corner
New Post 3 days ago
 Freeport McMoran Beats Despite Plummeting Copper And Grasberg Strike
New Post 4 days ago
 Underlying Value Of Pipelines Make MLPs Much More Than A Cool Tax Structure
New Post 4 days ago
 Euro Market Rumor Du Jour: Merkozy Agree To Expand EFSF To $2.7TR
New Post 4 days ago
 Multi-Notch Downgrade For Spain As Moody's Feasts On PIIGS
New Post 4 days ago
 China Could Face 2012 Trade Deficit That Threatens Social Stability And 70% Of Jobs
New Post 4 days ago
 Kanon Vodka's 21st Century Branding: Environmentally Conscious With A Taste For Partying
New Post 4 days ago
 Harley-Davidson Chops Margins Guidance And Tanks

•••••

Gadhafi, rocking it with Hosni Mubarak and Yemen's Ali Abdullah Saleh - AFP/Getty Images via @daylife

As civil war roars on in Libya and Colonel Muammar Gadhafi vows to remain in power, reports surfaced that the Northern African country entrusted $1.3 billion through its sovereign wealth fund to Goldman Sachs in 2007, of which the investment bank lost approximately 98%, sparking the ire of Libyan officials.  The fascinating drama includes Goldman offering Libya preferred equity and debt which could’ve made it one of the investment bank’s largest shareholders during the onset of the crisis, as well as intimidation and violent threats by Libyan officials.

Libya’s sovereign wealth fund, the Libyan Investment Authority (LIA), was among many funds set up by emerging economies to grow their export-based riches.  When the U.S. government lifted sanctions in 2004 prohibiting American firms from doing business with and investing in Libya, Western financial institutions flocked to the oil-rich nation, according to a recent investigation by the Wall Street Journal.

The LIA, headed by chief investment officer Hatem el-Gheriani and Chairman Mustafa Zarti approached 25 different financial institutions around June 2007, when the LIA was launched with approximately $40 billion in assets.  Despite forging its strongest relationships with Goldman Sachs, the LWI also invested with Societe Generale, HSBC, JP Morgan, Carlyle Group, Lehman Brothers, and Och-Ziff Capital Management Group.

Recent information, derived from “interviews with close to a dozen people who were involved in the matter, and on Libyan Investment Authority and Goldman documents,” show that Goldman essentially lost all of Libya’s $1.3 billion investment in option contracts on a basket of currencies and six stocks. (Read Amidst Rumors That Gadhafi’s Been Shot, Swiss And Brits Freeze His Assets).

Goldman executives including Youssef Kabbaj, executive in charge of North Africa, and Driss Ben-Brahim, an Arabic-speaking emerging-markets trading chief, met with Zarti and Gheriani in London and in Libya’s capital, Tripoli.  After an initial investment of $350 million in two of Goldman’s most exclusive funds, the Libyans were ready for more.

Between January and June 2008, Goldman execs set up a $1.3 billion investment in option contracts on Citigroup, Italy’s UniCredit, Spain’s Banco Santander, German insurer Allianz, French energy company Electricite de France, Italian energy company Eni.  The investment, which also included a basket of currencies, worked on the thesis that the stocks would rise in value.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/afontevecchia/2011/05/31/goldman-sachs-lost-98-of-libyas-1-3b-sovereign-wealth-fund-investment

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: October 23, 2011, 09:47:47 AM »
Libya's transitional leader says Islamic Sharia law will be the "basic source" of all law
AP – 1 hr 2 mins ago....

BENGHAZI, Libya (AP) — Libya's transitional leader says Islamic Sharia law will be the "basic source" of all law.

http://news.yahoo.com/libyas-transitional-leader-says-islamic-sharia-law-basic-154324774.html

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Fury

• Getbig V

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #74 on: October 23, 2011, 09:58:27 AM »
I started its own thread..should have read this first. Can we outlaw the extreme left please.
L