Author Topic: Which of the GOP candidates has the best chance of beating Obama in your opinion  (Read 14032 times)

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
If you have more than one could you please list them in order of who you believe has the best chance?  Thanks.
R

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
If we could mobilize funding for Ron Paul and use his organization in all 50 states instead of just Iowa and New Hampshire...

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Trick question... none of them have a chance..

howardroark

• Getbig IV

It'll be a cakewalk.  ::)

Skip8282

• Getbig V
If you have more than one could you please list them in order of who you believe has the best chance?  Thanks.

If the economy is the same or worse one year from now...every single one has a good shot at beating him.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Ron Paul

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
1 - Mitt
2 - Ron

Here's the catch, with Newt going down faster than a $2 welfare hooker, if Mitt can just make one big slip up somewhere Ron could easily step ahead and stay ahead in the media and spotlight enough to grab the nomination.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Mitt
Newt

RP has zero chance.
L

howardroark

• Getbig IV
Mitt
Newt

RP has zero chance.

Perhaps RP has zero chance as long as the likes of Rush, Levin, and Hannity attempt to destroy the Republican Party and the conservative movement from the inside-out.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Mitt has the best chance due to woman vote.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
RP deosn't have the money...nor would he have the backing of the Republican party at large. Most Cons are going to allow him to cut the military by 50% nor believe that he'll be able to cut the billions and governmental bodies that he'd like to. His domestic policy doesn't bother me in the least but his foreign policy is absurd.
L

Skip8282

• Getbig V
RP deosn't have the money...nor would he have the backing of the Republican party at large. Most Cons are going to allow him to cut the military by 50% nor believe that he'll be able to cut the billions and governmental bodies that he'd like to. His domestic policy doesn't bother me in the least but his foreign policy is absurd.

Depending on how he does in Iowa, NH, and SC, the money situation will change overnight - literally.

As to party backing, I agree that's a big "what if".  Hugo made a good point when we were debating this earlier about the party not wanting to undercut their own candidate (assuming he wins) too much and I think that holds a lot of merit.  But, RP's values don't match a lot of the party's values so it could still be a big problem.

And if Republicans hold the House and pick up the 4 or 5 they need in the Senate, then I definetely don't see them cutting defense in half.

howardroark

• Getbig IV

headhuntersix aka "let's continue instigating a religious war so we can keep gas prices down" thinks Ron Paul's foreign policy is absurd? LOL  ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Even though I like Ron Paul does the fact trouble anyone that he has never really run anything before?  I mean we are seeing with obama the results of having no executive leadership at all and its a disaster.  Reagan was governor, Clinton was a govenor, GWB, etc.  

howardroark

• Getbig IV
Even though I like Ron Paul does the fact trouble anyone that he has never really run anything before?  I mean we are seeing with obama the results of having no executive leadership at all and its a disaster.  Reagan was governor, Clinton was a govenor, GWB, etc.  

That's why it's a shame that the GOP shut out Gary Johnson... that said, I still rather have someone with no executive experience but with the right ideas than someone with extensive executive experience but the wrong ideas.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

Correctamundo

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Correctamundo

LOL.   You obamabots are a hoot.  In the latest poll, a huge won - 53% say he does not deserve a second term.   

And what is he going to run on?   Seriously?   blaming bush?   his disastrous record of failure?  4 more years?   Of what?   blaming ATM machines?     

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
LOL.   You obamabots are a hoot.  In the latest poll, a huge won - 53% say he does not deserve a second term.   

And what is he going to run on?   Seriously?   blaming bush?   his disastrous record of failure?  4 more years?   Of what?   blaming ATM machines?     

all he has to do it beat whatever loser you idiots nominate

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
all he has to do it beat whatever loser you idiots nominate

LOL - Its doent matter who the GOP nominates any more than the fact that a demo was going to win in 2008 regardless. 

The bubble you obamabots live in is beyond laughable.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
LOL - Its doent matter who the GOP nominates any more than the fact that a demo was going to win in 2008 regardless.  The bubble you obamabots live in is beyond laughable.   

correct

because none of them can beat Obama

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Straw - what part of 53% say he does not deserve a second term do you still not grasp? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
None of these has a chance:

Bachman:  Yes, she is a bat shit crazy religious nut job

Newt:  Serial Adulter, shamed in politics and only appeals to dumb angry white men, dirty past.

Perry:  Comes across a retarded form of BUSH who spent his way to economic recovery on paper

Ron Paul:  Freaky left field ideas on foreign policy and some unattractive ideas to main stream voters on domestic policies  

Cain:  (who dropped out but worthy of mention as the GOP flavor of the month 2 months ago)  left race to pursue signing career with his hit single:  "Amazing Grace"

Romeny:  Maybe, but not likely and it doesn't help that Newt is thrashing him and hurting the GOP in the process and comes across as a job killing corporate puppet.  

Huntsman:  Might have a good chance with independents if he can gain some momentum in the early spring.  

Fact is, the 1st 4 are just a side show and an embarrassment to the GOP. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
http://news.yahoo.com/ap-gfk-poll-obama-election-odds-roughly-50-084041066.html

Straw - 53% say he does not deserve re-election.   He will not have the turnout like he did last time as people stay home and you will also have a better GOP candidate and a rabid base who would vote for a serial killer over obama at this point.  

One and done.    

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Straw - what part of 53% say he does not deserve a second term do you still not grasp? 

polls like that are meaningless, especially 12 months out from an election

only complete morons think they are significant

but then only the biggest moron in the world would think Obama is going to drop out of the race