Author Topic: Which of the GOP candidates has the best chance of beating Obama in your opinion  (Read 14035 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
he's been trying to take the high road and be the "adult" among children (some of which are special needs kids)

the problem is that Republicans are a fractured party and there is no one that can bring them together

LOL.   Yeah - great message - sending love notes to obama.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
LOL.   You obamabots are a hoot.  In the latest poll, a huge won - 53% say he does not deserve a second term.   

And what is he going to run on?   Seriously?   blaming bush?   his disastrous record of failure?  4 more years?   Of what?   blaming ATM machines?     

1st, I'm not a fan of Obama, you either keep forgetting or the facts don't matter

He is the man to beat. He has an advantage. Bush Jr got elected to a second term when we already knew Iraq was a bad decision. The Democrats just didn't have anything better to offer. Same here.

What will he run on?  Likely.. "I got Osama". "I ended the war" " I'm better in a debate"

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
1st, I'm not a fan of Obama, you either keep forgetting or the facts don't matter

He is the man to beat. He has an advantage. Bush Jr got elected to a second term when we already knew Iraq was a bad decision. The Democrats just didn't have anything better to offer. Same here.

What will he run on?  Likely.. "I got Osama". "I ended the war" " I'm better in a debate"

"Its the economy stupid".  additionally - Bush barely squeeked by for a second term, but the economy was doing ok.   

and OBL?  Who gives a damn a year from now? 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V

"Its the economy stupid".  additionally - Bush barely squeeked by for a second term, but the economy was doing ok.   

and OBL?  Who gives a damn a year from now? 

again, my opinion, Obama wins. Probably doesn't deserve it, but that has never been a factor anyway.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
again, my opinion, Obama wins. Probably doesn't deserve it, but that has never been a factor anyway.

irts amazing how people act like obama is god and some towering figure of intellect and strength.  He is a complete joke, a farce, an economic illiterate, and a dishonest propagandist at best. 

in 2008 - when literally everything possible went his way and he had no record - he won by 5 points against a horrible gop candidate. 

Do the math.   Obama is done.   

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Only Paul can beat Obama.  Paul will dig into the progressive vote but people like Newt will just rally the Obama vote even the progressives who are pissed at Obama.  But Paul won't lose any republican votes.  They'll vote for him because they hate Obama more than anything they've hated in their entire lives.  With Obama losing 5 to 10 percent of the left to Paul, he doesn't stand a chance.  With Newt it'll be another close race at best and Obama will have more money to spend.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V

irts amazing how people act like obama is god and some towering figure of intellect and strength.  He is a complete joke, a farce, an economic illiterate, and a dishonest propagandist at best. 

in 2008 - when literally everything possible went his way and he had no record - he won by 5 points against a horrible gop candidate. 

Do the math.   Obama is done.   

It's amazing how some people think Obama has to be a god to beat the current GOP candidates... He just has to have a pulse

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

in 2008 - when literally everything possible went his way and he had no record - he won by 5 points against a horrible gop candidate.  Do the math.   Obama is done.   

no one this board has ever said that except you

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
Only Paul can beat Obama.  Paul will dig into the progressive vote but people like Newt will just rally the Obama vote even the progressives who are pissed at Obama.  But Paul won't lose any republican votes.  They'll vote for him because they hate Obama more than anything they've hated in their entire lives.  With Obama losing 5 to 10 percent of the left to Paul, he doesn't stand a chance.  With Newt it'll be another close race at best and Obama will have more money to spend.

Exactly... that's why polling has shown that if the vote were held today, Ron Paul would be the only Republican candidate to beat Barack Obama in Iowa. When the pollsters looked into why, they found that Ron Paul stole some of Obama's liberal base in the polling data.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
It's amazing how some people think Obama has to be a god to beat the current GOP candidates... He just has to have a pulse

LOL - and blame ATM machines and the internet for job losses right?  

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
LOL - and blame ATM machines and the internet for job losses right?  

irrelevant..

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
irrelevant..

Yeah - to obama voters who are largely comprised of economic morons, government workers who want to rape the taxpayer blind, welfare bums, public sector unions, drug addicts, 95% of blacks, and basically the tax vacuums of society. 

to the average working person who actually gives a damn that the president have at least a 5th grade understanding of economics, it is a big deal that we have such an uneducated, illiterate, and grossly uninformed fool passing laws and regulations.     

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

Yeah - to obama voters who are largely comprised of economic morons, government workers who want to rape the taxpayer blind, welfare bums, public sector unions, drug addicts, 95% of blacks, and basically the tax vacuums of society.  

to the average working person who actually gives a damn that the president have at least a 5th grade understanding of economics, it is a big deal that we have such an uneducated, illiterate, and grossly uninformed fool passing laws and regulations.     

total nonsense

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
total nonsense

Really?   How - the entire Democrat party exists for one reason - suck taxpayers dry through govt unions, welfare bums, redistribution scams, public sector grants, etc.   

Look at every stool of the democrat party - its a giant sucking sound of taxpayer dollars to someone else.     

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Any of them can beat Obama, but Romney has the best chance IMO.

The first part of your reply is laughable, and then you end it in hypocrisy.  Nice touch.

Why does it matter if Romney has the best chance if "any" of them could beat Obama?   ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Exactly... that's why polling has shown that if the vote were held today, Ron Paul would be the only Republican candidate to beat Barack Obama in Iowa. When the pollsters looked into why, they found that Ron Paul stole some of Obama's liberal base in the polling data.

That's actually not what the polling shows.  The most recent poll I saw this week showed Romney and Obama in a statistical tie. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
http://www.gallup.com/home.aspx             42%  

yeah - obama is so popular.    ::)  ::)  ::)

Obama is only popular with the parasites of society.   The corrupt banksters getting bailouts, the welfare bums, the govt worker unions, the drug addict, the college professor, etc.    

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.

One and done.   

Willing to make a bet on that?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
The first part of your reply is laughable, and then you end it in hypocrisy.  Nice touch.

Why does it matter if Romney has the best chance if "any" of them could beat Obama?   ::)

What the heck are you talking about?  What hypocrisy?  

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Willing to make a bet on that?

doubtful

I offered to bet him that Obama would not drop out of the race and he wouldn't do it

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
doubtful

I offered to bet him that Obama would not drop out of the race and he wouldn't do it

It all depends on what comes out on Fast and Furious, which has already resulted in 200 deaths and the deaths of 2 border agents.   

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
The poll numbers as of December 8, 2011 for Iowa and New Hampshire...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
It all depends on what comes out on Fast and Furious, which has already resulted in 200 deaths and the deaths of 2 border agents.   

you made the claim and were unwilling to put up some money in support of your claim

btw - what is with your habit of attributing rididulous beliefs to people (for example - Obama is their messiah) which they never said and then expressing shock and outrage that they "believe" such things

you do that all the time and it's Bizzaro

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
you made the claim and were unwilling to put up some money in support of your claim

btw - what is with your habit of attributing rididulous beliefs to people (for example - Obama is their messiah) which they never said and then expressing shock and outrage that they "believe" such things

you do that all the time and it's Bizzaro

I said obama is the messiah because he claimed he was, those working for him claimed he was, and many of those supporting him said he was.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
I said obama is the messiah because he claimed he was, those working for him claimed he was, and many of those supporting him said he was.   

no he didn't