Author Topic: Afghanistan - USA pulls out and Taliban moves in right away  (Read 22198 times)

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Afghanistan.
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2021, 06:04:38 AM »
In Iraq we wiped their military out. We shouldn't have spent one minute in the country after. We would bomb a road, bridge and buildings then we would build them again. Just insanity.  We should have taken their oil fields too to pay for the costs.

Afghanistan was such an ill defined mission. They would leave the base driving the roads that had bombs waiting for them.  They would also shoot from elevation down to the roads. After the battle they would retreat to Pakistan where they were safe. We should have went there and killed them so it wasn't a safe zone for them. Every day it was the same thing. Leave the base looking to hunt them down but they were waiting in superior positions. Any soldier can tell you they weren't incompetent.  They were well trained in warfare since they were children and they are not afraid to die.

My son spent 8 months is that waste land.  When he came back and had leave we had a 8 foot banner on the lawn for him.  He came home he tricked us regarding  the date he was coming home.  We were floating in the pool and he walked in the back yard and said, "How's everyone doing?" My wife was screaming in tears. 

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2021, 06:06:53 AM »
That's bs.  The US completely obliterated the Taliban and turned Afghanistan into parking lot, saturated with spent uranium and toxic waste.

The effects of the war will be felt there for generations.

If desired, the U.S. could subdue the Taliban again in a few weeks.  A true Total War strategy would eliminate the Taliban forever. 

The U.S. had less than 6000 soldier deaths over 20 years.  More were lost in a single beach landing in WW2.

The U.S. military is a volunteer force.  No Americans were forced to serve.

yes, after 20 years and $2T it only took the "obliterated" Taliban a matter of days to seize the country.  The US is left begging them not to burn the embassy down:

American negotiators are trying to extract assurances from the Taliban that they will not attack the U.S. Embassy in Kabul if the extremist group takes over the country’s government and ever wants to receive foreign aid, three American officials said.

The effort, led by Zalmay Khalilzad, the chief American envoy in talks with the Taliban, seeks to stave off a full evacuation of the embassy as they rapidly seize cities across Afghanistan. On Thursday, the State Department announced it was sending home an unspecified number of the 1,400 Americans stationed at the embassy and drawing down to what the agency’s spokesman, Ned Price, described as a “core diplomatic presence” in Kabul.

The embassy also urged Americans who were not working for the U.S. government to immediately leave Afghanistan on commercial flights. The Taliban’s march has put embassies in Kabul on high alert for a surge of violence in coming months, or even weeks, and forced consulates and other diplomatic missions in the country to shut down.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/12/us/politics/taliban-afghanistan-us-embassy.html

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2021, 06:11:12 AM »
Meanwhile, China stays two steps ahead--as usual  ::)

China Preparing to Recognize Taliban if Kabul Falls: Sources

Any sort of stability in Afghanistan would also allow China to reap the benefits of prior economic investments in the region, including mineral rights in Afghanistan. Buried in the latest report from the U.S. inspector general overseeing reconstruction in Afghanistan was a little-noticed observation that China has dramatically increased its economic interests in Afghanistan recently, encouraging the completion of a road in the Wakhan Corridor – the sliver of land connecting the two countries. It cited an Afghan Public Works Ministry spokesperson who said, "China has expressed a huge interest for investment in Afghanistan, particularly in the mining sector, and this road will be good for that, too." The Taliban recently seized wide swaths of that territory as part of an apparent campaign to control Afghanistan's northern border crossings.

China also seeks stability in Afghanistan for the sake of regional infrastructure projects it's already pursuing in neighboring Pakistan as a part of similar investments globally known as the Belt and Road Initiative.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2021, 06:15:10 AM »
Good luck to China.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2021, 06:16:10 AM »
Meanwhile, China stays two steps ahead--as usual  ::)

China is expanding into African countries like Kenya and other countries.  If you buy an Italian suit odds are it was made in a Chinese factory in Italy. 

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2021, 08:34:42 AM »
China is expanding into African countries like Kenya and other countries.  If you buy an Italian suit odds are it was made in a Chinese factory in Italy.

Yes they are positioning themselves very strategically.  Meanwhile our leaders are concerned only with enriching themselves and their donors.  Sad!

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2021, 09:05:49 AM »
We (Americans) think of the Nazi regime in WWII, as most of the world thinks about our U.S. soldiers.

Nobody wants a foreign entity to come in, and throw around its muscle.

Listen, I respect our soldiers, just as Germans probably respected theirs.  In the end, they have a job to do, and it comes down to following orders. I bet many Nazi soldiers were good men, family men. I bet a good amount didn't agree with the way Hitler was going, but what are they really going to do about it.

In many ways, our U.S. soldiers are put in the same predicament: Follow orders, travel to foreign lands, and fight a war against your own government's propaganda machine.

Every army in history has created atrocities against innocent civilians. Put yourself in someone else's shoes before you judge an entire nation of people.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2021, 09:19:31 AM »
We (Americans) think of the Nazi regime in WWII, as most of the world thinks about our U.S. soldiers.

Listen, I respect our soldiers, just as Germans probably respected theirs.  In the end, they have a job to do, and it comes down to following orders. I bet many Nazi soldiers were good men, family men. I bet a good amount didn't agree with the way Hitler was going, but what are they really going to do about it.

In many ways, our U.S. soldiers are put in the same predicament: Follow orders, travel to foreign lands, and fight a war against your own government's propaganda machine.

Every army in history has created atrocities against innocent civilians. Put yourself in someone else's shoes before you judge an entire nation of people.
Its OK for you saying that because its far better to be in someone elses shoes than your own...

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2021, 09:35:53 AM »
Its OK for you saying that because its far better to be in someone elses shoes than your own...
Please elaborate. Say what you really mean.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2021, 09:38:46 AM »
Please elaborate. Say what you really mean.
Its sarcasm, I forgot you were American..

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2021, 09:43:07 AM »
Its sarcasm, I forgot you were American..

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2021, 09:45:15 AM »
Lots of american lives lost for nothing.

I am skeptical that the lives were lost for nothing.  I have no idea what the objective was but I assume we did it for some reason other than to bring them democracy.  I think we probably got what we needed out of that situation and then left.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2021, 10:27:12 AM »
However, we have no business in the middle east.

that has to include Israel for it to work

Agreed.

Fuck them too.

Bomb Jerusalem for all i care.

That entire area is filled with brainwashed morons living in the stone age still.

If it weren't for Israel, we would never touch the Middle East.

Should have carpet bombed the entire area when we had a chance.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2021, 10:29:17 AM »
Yes they are positioning themselves very strategically.  Meanwhile our leaders are concerned only with enriching themselves and their donors.  Sad!
You've been gone a while.  Lost the virginity yet?

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2021, 10:56:50 AM »

If you truly believe what you wrote, you are a tard.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2021, 11:14:43 AM »
I don't think the Taliban will want the Chinee in Afghanistan anymore than they did the Russians or the Americans.

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2021, 11:40:18 AM »

Its BITCHINESS , I forgot you were American..

India, Kenya, Rhodesia, Cyprus, Aden, Israel, South Africa ...
The UK - the biggest and most obliging aircraft carrier we own - but showing signs of being unable to hold it self together
c

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2021, 12:02:00 PM »
I don't think the Taliban will want the Chinee in Afghanistan anymore than they did the Russians or the Americans.

Why not?  The Taliban were happy to ally themselves with the US back in the 80s--so long as we were keeping them flush with money & weapons.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2021, 12:18:27 PM »
If you truly believe what you wrote, you are a tard.
No, you just have to understand what I wrote. Not everyone was born and raised in America.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2021, 03:19:44 PM »
No, you just have to understand what I wrote. Not everyone was born and raised in America.

I doubt you have ever left the country, and if you have, it was surely only to stay on this continent. The majority of the world does not think of Americans as the same as Nazi Germany.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2021, 04:17:38 PM »
Lol the mighty USA, with all of its money and military resources, got embarrassed by a bunch of goat herders with AKs and Toyota Hiluxes.  All in the name of funneling money into military contractors' bank accounts

I hope this helps US service members realize the futility of what they do.  You're sacrificing your life for nothing!

Not just Hilaxes, they have 100's of Hammers , thanks to Biden & Afghan army !.

Fact is, amateurs defeated pro NATO & coalition soldiers !.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2021, 04:21:20 PM »
Agreed.

Fuck them too.

Bomb Jerusalem for all i care.

That entire area is filled with brainwashed morons living in the stone age still.

If it weren't for Israel, we would never touch the Middle East.

Should have carpet bombed the entire area when we had a chance.

You are still in 1960's !.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2021, 12:55:46 AM »
I am skeptical that the lives were lost for nothing.  I have no idea what the objective was but I assume we did it for some reason other than to bring them democracy.  I think we probably got what we needed out of that situation and then left.

We wanted the Taliban to turn over bin Laden, but they refused, hence the war.   

Shooing the Taliban into the hills for nearly 20 years gave the Afghanis – especially the girls and women - a taste of freedom.  It seems imminent that it will all go away.  Very sad and soon to be tragic.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2021, 04:16:00 AM »
We wanted the Taliban to turn over bin Laden, but they refused, hence the war.   

Shooing the Taliban into the hills for nearly 20 years gave the Afghanis – especially the girls and women - a taste of freedom.  It seems imminent that it will all go away.  Very sad and soon to be tragic.

this is false

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2001/oct/14/afghanistan.terrorism5
Bush rejects Taliban offer to hand Bin Laden over

Staff and agencies
Sun 14 Oct 2001 17.19 EDT
President George Bush rejected as "non-negotiable" an offer by the Taliban to discuss turning over Osama bin Laden if the United States ended the bombing in Afghanistan.

Returning to the White House after a weekend at Camp David, the president said the bombing would not stop, unless the ruling Taliban "turn [bin Laden] over, turn his cohorts over, turn any hostages they hold over." He added, "There's no need to discuss innocence or guilt. We know he's guilty".

if bringing bin laden to justice was the main objective, it could have been done without a war at all.  George Bush sacrificed American lives and wasted trillions of dollars all in the name of generating profits for Halliburton et al.  Anyone you know who lost life or limb for this war did so for nothing, just a sheer waste.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2021, 04:19:01 AM »
Why not?  The Taliban were happy to ally themselves with the US back in the 80s--so long as we were keeping them flush with money & weapons.

They just used us against the Russians.