Author Topic: Covid 19 - We are all screwed - discuss  (Read 497974 times)

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
Re: Coronavirus - We are all screwed - discuss
« Reply #2625 on: April 04, 2020, 03:18:23 PM »
I am spreading the rumor that oxandralone aka Anavar is the cure for the Clovid-19 virus. That way the government will give everyone free Anavar. I will buy all the Anavar at a greatly reduced price and build some serious muscle. That's my plan.
a

Teutonic Knight 1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2626 on: April 04, 2020, 03:21:05 PM »
I am spreading the rumor that oxandralone aka Anavar is the cure for the Clovid-19 virus. That way the government will give everyone free Anavar. I will buy all the Anavar at a greatly reduced price and build some serious muscle. That's my plan.

Blue Label Johnnie Walker is the best medicine for flu ..........

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #2627 on: April 04, 2020, 03:29:08 PM »

I asked my trt doctor last year about what he thought about me taking anavar as I'm getting older and having a much harder time maintaining strength and muscle. He told me (again this was sometime last year so things may have changed) that there has been a halt to any importation of anavar as it all comes from China and they have discovered impurities in them.

What a surprise. I hope this whole coronavirus thing really opens our eyes to our dependency on China. They are not our friend and can't be trusted. Obviously we can't do it overnight but hopefully, people will be more aware of stuff coming out of China and avoid it as much as possible.

oldgolds

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2628 on: April 04, 2020, 04:25:57 PM »
I was out of toilet paper so I got to Walmart at 6:00 A.M. and when the doors opened I walked  to the paper isle and started coughing and hacking.....then leisurely selected my Charmin  ultra-strong.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #2629 on: April 04, 2020, 04:32:30 PM »
What would be the percentage if you removed people with pre-existing conditions?

Being alive is a pre existing condition to being dead.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #2630 on: April 04, 2020, 04:36:02 PM »
Being alive is a pre existing condition to being dead.

No, I’m talking about this type:

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/new-york-coronavirus-cases-updates.html

The first minor in NYC with a case of the coronavirus has died

The city reported the death of its first patient under the age of 18 on Monday. Like the vast majority of patients who have passed away, the city reported that the minor had an underlying condition. Of the 790 deaths in the city, 777 patients had underlying conditions, which, according to the city’s definition, include diabetes, lung disease, cancer, immunodeficiency, heart disease, hypertension, kidney disease, and asthma.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #2631 on: April 04, 2020, 05:06:42 PM »
No, I’m talking about this type:

People can live 50 plus years with some of those conditions.

You need to think of covid19 as an accelerant, not as the cause of the death.

If it was allowed to spread through a population without any measures in place then we can assume bodies will pile up. People would soon be too scared to turn up for work so the economy would be wrecked anyway. Hospitals and morgues would be closed, vital services gone, mass graves, basically it would be mayhem.

Staggering the virus in waves and hoping to get lucky with a vaccine and/or treatment is the safest bet. At the very least this first wave with the lockdown buys time. We might find that the virus burns out quicker than current data suggests so that it might be defeated in 2 or 3 waves. Doing nothing would be like sitting in an apartment whilst next door was on fire and hoping for the best.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #2632 on: April 04, 2020, 05:56:46 PM »
Yes, current statistics are biased.

Covid-19 mortality rate is being calculated based on the number of confirmed cases, but as you mentioned, people with mild or no symptons at all just don't get tested.

From what I've read, there's not enough data to infer the real number of cases, but some experts think it can be around 10 times the number of confirmed cases. That would put the mortality rate around 1 in 1000, not 1 in 2 millions as you suggested.

The problem is that a small percentage of a really big number is still a big number.

Covid-19 is already wreaking havoc in countries with weak healthcare systems, even with lock downs being implemented.

There's a shortage of masks, PPE's, Covid-19 tests, ventilators, etc. Every single country wants these items and you cannot properly manage the disease without them.

So we are closing down the entire world over 1 in 1000 chance of dying if you are over 70 and have a preexisting condition?

LOL

The chances of dying by being shot if you are black and living in Chicago is 1 in 1000 but I don't see anyone closing the entire city down over it.

Do you drive a car? well... did you know you have a 2 out of 3 chance of being involved in a drunk driving accident in your lifetime? BAN CARS!!

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #2633 on: April 04, 2020, 05:59:22 PM »

So we are closing down the entire world over 1 in 1000 chance of dying if you are over 70 and have a preexisting condition?

LOL

It gets more and more absurd by the day. The people who are still buying into this stuff just can’t admit that they got worked and have to come up with ever more ridiculous rationalizations and excuses.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #2634 on: April 04, 2020, 06:12:37 PM »
People can live 50 plus years with some of those conditions.

You need to think of covid19 as an accelerant, not as the cause of the death.

If it was allowed to spread through a population without any measures in place then we can assume bodies will pile up. People would soon be too scared to turn up for work so the economy would be wrecked anyway. Hospitals and morgues would be closed, vital services gone, mass graves, basically it would be mayhem.

Staggering the virus in waves and hoping to get lucky with a vaccine and/or treatment is the safest bet. At the very least this first wave with the lockdown buys time. We might find that the virus burns out quicker than current data suggests so that it might be defeated in 2 or 3 waves. Doing nothing would be like sitting in an apartment whilst next door was on fire and hoping for the best.

There is a Treatment- Yet it’s not being Headlined by MSM
Ramp up Production of the Medications & Get it Out there Asap

Open everything back up -
While working on an effective Vaccine

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #2635 on: April 04, 2020, 06:16:41 PM »
What would be the percentage if you removed people with pre-existing conditions?

Why would you remove people with pre-existing conditions from the statistics? ???

Are you trying to imply Covid-19 it's not a big deal because most healthy, young people don't die from it?

It's the sheer number of people with and without pre-existing conditions what saturates the healthcare system.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #2636 on: April 04, 2020, 06:19:43 PM »
Why would you remove people with pre-existing conditions from the statistics? ???

Are you trying to imply Covid-19 it's not a big deal because most healthy, young people don't die from it?

It's the sheer number of people with and without pre-existing conditions what saturates the healthcare system.

I’m saying it’s idiotic to view the percentages as a whole without digging a little deeper and seeing the majority of the cases are in a very small group.

Seriously believe what you wanna believe. I think I’ve shot my wad on this subject. If you don’t wanna agree I frankly don’t give a fuck.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
« Reply #2637 on: April 04, 2020, 06:20:47 PM »

LOL

The chances of dying by being shot if you are black and living in Chicago is 1 in 1000 but I don't see anyone closing the entire city down over it.

Do you drive a car? well... did you know you have a 2 out of 3 chance of being involved in a drunk driving accident in your lifetime? BAN CARS!!

A small percentage of a big number is still a big number.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #2638 on: April 04, 2020, 06:24:01 PM »

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #2639 on: April 04, 2020, 06:25:10 PM »
It gets more and more absurd by the day. The people who are still buying into this stuff just can’t admit that they got worked and have to come up with ever more ridiculous rationalizations and excuses.

Maybe my math is off here..???

Someone correct me please...

NY has tested 220k people to date

source: https://www.vox.com/2020/3/26/21193848/coronavirus-us-cases-deaths-tests-by-state

5 to 10x that number of people who actually got the virus but never get tested and live

source: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/16/health/coronavirus-statistics-undetected.html

Even at 5x220k rounded off to 1 million

1900 of those people die according to NY stats (link above)

(never mind age, BMI and/or preexisting conditions factored in..)

1900/1,000,000 = .001

THATS the LOW number of contracted cases

NOW take the high number of contracted cases

THEN factor in age, BMI and preexisting conditions..

What do you have for a rate of death then?

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #2640 on: April 04, 2020, 06:29:53 PM »

source: https://www.vox.com/2020/3/26/21193848/coronavirus-us-cases-deaths-tests-by-state

5 to 10x that number of people who actually got the virus but never get tested and live

source: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/16/health/coronavirus-statistics-undetected.html

1900/1,000,000 = .001

At this point, there’s no sense in even knocking your brains out about this. It’s a smokescreen to cover up the real reason as I stated: currency devaluation and an economic reset.

I’ve been noticing that lately more and more people on Trump’’s Twitter are coming around to my line of thinking. They know somethings up they just can’t figure it out.

Even Trump himself hasn’t been looking too good lately on his press conferences  I think it’s getting to him as he knows it’s a work.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
« Reply #2641 on: April 04, 2020, 06:31:40 PM »
I’m saying it’s idiotic to view the percentages as a whole without digging a little deeper and seeing the majority of the cases are in a very small group.

What you point out it's nothing new and you're missing the reason why the lock downs have been implemented.

Seriously believe what you wanna believe. I think I’ve shot my wad on this subject. If you don’t wanna agree I frankly don’t give a fuck.

You sound butthurt.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
« Reply #2642 on: April 04, 2020, 06:45:42 PM »

1900/1,000,000 = .001

There are a few issues with your calculation.

You're using the number of tests, not the number of positive tests.

There're roughly 110k confirmed cases in NY, with 3500 deaths.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52168682

If the total number of cases is 5 times the number of confirmed cases, the death rate is 1 in 157.

3500/550000 * 100 = 0.64%

If the total number of cases is 10 times the number of confirmed cases, the death rate is 1 in 315.

3500/1100000 * 100 = 0.32%

basil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2643 on: April 04, 2020, 06:58:34 PM »

You reference pre-existing conditions as to disregard, but they are a reality.  You can’t just ignore them when analyzing the covid stats. Lol.  Get the fcuk out of here.  What’s next, disregarding a previous high blood pressure diagnosis when crunching heart attack stats.  Lol.  I’ve reread a few of your commentst, and I still have no idea what you’re talking about.  Any point or argument you’re trying to communicate is lost on me.  Get yourself together man, you’re all over the place

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #2644 on: April 04, 2020, 07:05:34 PM »
I think the BIGGEST thing everyone is missing is that the death rate from COVID is closer to .00005 Percent as literally NOBODY is getting tested.

There must be millions upon millions of cases of COVID going untested, they recover and nobody is the wiser.

If you have symptoms but are in the 80% that never go to the hospital you will most likely never get tested.

Most of the people getting tested are those admitted to hospitals.

Call your local doctor (who is most likely closed) and try to get a test.. go ahead.. I'll wait.

You can't.

I think your assumption of .0005 percent might be off slightly.  If the death rate were truly .00005 percent, and the entire world became infected (7.6 billion), that would give a total of 3800 deaths.  I'm pretty sure there have been a few more deaths than 3800.   :-\

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #2645 on: April 04, 2020, 07:07:42 PM »

:) Exactly! That's all we need to do.  Johnny Walker Blue Label and Anavar for everybody.
a

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #2646 on: April 04, 2020, 07:16:16 PM »

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #2647 on: April 04, 2020, 07:46:37 PM »

There is a Treatment- Yet it’s not being Headlined by MSM
Ramp up Production of the Medications & Get it Out there Asap

Open everything back up -
While working on an effective Vaccine

The treatment may indeed work, but they aren't certain of that yet.

What if they let everyone get infected and then gave everyone treatment and it does work, or worse ends up increasing the number of dead because of side effects. Drugs aren't perfect, in some cases they cause worse issues than they treat. The need time to make sure it's effective and safe.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #2648 on: April 04, 2020, 07:55:18 PM »
Brit Hume Clip of Dr. Fauci in January Is a ‘Must Watch’ for Every American Accusing Trump of Failing to Act Early.

https://www.redstate.com/elizabeth-vaughn/2020/04/04/brit-hume-clip-of-dr.-fauci-in-january-is-a-must-watch-for-every-american-accusing-trump-of-failing-to-act-early

Fox News‘ Brit Hume has posted a clip of Dr. Fauci speaking to News Max reporter Greg Kelly on January 21. Kelly addresses Fauci, “Bottom line. We don’t have to worry about this one, right?”

Fauci replies, “Well, obviously you need to take it seriously. And do the kinds of things that the CDC and the Department of Homeland Security are doing, but this is not a major threat for the people of the United States and this is not something that the citizens of the United States right now should be worried about.”

That’s what Trump was hearing from Dr. Fauci, an expert, a man who has served as the Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases since 1984.

------------------------------------

I yield to no one in admiration of Dr. Fauci. But this comment from January 21 should be kept in mind by those accusing anyone in the U.S. of failing to act in time against Covid 19. Watch it all the way through: pic.twitter.com/wCBHT1wfdr

— Brit Hume (@brithume) April 3, 2020

------------------------------------

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #2649 on: April 04, 2020, 07:57:07 PM »
Brit Hume Clip of Dr. Fauci in January Is a ‘Must Watch’ for Every American Accusing Trump of Failing to Act Early.

http://

I remember that. Where's the clip?