Author Topic: People who don't earn a university degree  (Read 24145 times)

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
Re: People who don't earn a university degree
« Reply #75 on: October 11, 2014, 10:59:37 AM »
What are we talking about here? Over 75% of people who have an advanced degree cheated their way through school and can't remember 95% of what was taught...If you're living in America and aren't running your own business, you're a fool...

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #76 on: October 11, 2014, 11:03:43 AM »
What are we talking about here? Over 75% of people who have an advanced degree cheated their way through school and can't remember 95% of what was taught...If you're living in America and aren't running your own business, you're a fool...

That's a stretch to say. Not all jobs require a business venture to earn a living.
X

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #77 on: October 11, 2014, 11:04:04 AM »
quit!
LOL

I love the implied ownership of "our" shelves, "our" pizza, "our" cabs as if they belong to the "privileged" customer and not the hard working employee or owner.  The overall condescending tone hilarious.   BaygayBear, I really wonder about you sometimes.  Your intentions may have decent, but your execution sucks.  

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: October 11, 2014, 11:09:06 AM »
Tom Cruise had it right in the movie COCKTAIL when he told the Professor that he was hiding out in school because he was afraid of creating something in the real world...

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: October 11, 2014, 11:17:46 AM »
LOL

I love the implied ownership of "our" shelves, "our" pizza, "our" cabs as if they belong to the "privileged" customer and not the hard working employee or owner.  The overall condescending tone hilarious.   BaygayBear, I really wonder about you sometimes.  Your intentions may have decent, but your execution sucks.  

That's funny. I've never wondered about you at all. ::)

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: October 11, 2014, 11:41:43 AM »

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #81 on: October 11, 2014, 12:02:36 PM »
Going to a college / university is overrated..
Most kids coming out of school can't find a damn job and are in debt  :-\
Unless your studying to be a doctor / medical field, lawyer, or something in engineering..
It's not worth it.....

Nursing #1

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #82 on: October 11, 2014, 12:22:35 PM »
This.

Another gimmick speaks. Whats the matter. Obama getting his ass handed to him on a daily basis getting you all butt hurt?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #83 on: October 11, 2014, 12:28:26 PM »
You're very sensitive about your lack of formal education Joe. Don't always get so upset when these threads come up.

And Jack Welch had a PHD in Chemical Engineering. Jeff Immelt a MBA from Harvard and degree in Maths from Dartford.

None of these men would've made it to the top without a formal education unless they started their own companies and became rich that way.

Gates, Branson... and despite Welch having a formal education, he still holds the other attributes that I mentioned higher than someone with a degree. I also disagree with the highlighted. People with that kind of drive will always make it to the top. The real learning begins in real life situations after you receive that degree.

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #84 on: October 11, 2014, 01:15:44 PM »
I have a 4 year degree, but what I respect is money - real wealth.

I've dedicated the last couple of decades of my life to accumulating as much wealth as possible. Much of what I have made has been made from me sucking up to those who already have lots of it - usually more than me, sometimes far more - and convincing them to let me invest some or all of it for them.

I can certainly respect a geologist with a PhD who makes a nice living and retires with a million or 2 in his state retirement plan.

I have more respect for the geologist who only bothered with getting a BS and is worth 100 times that as a direct result of busting his ass and taking risks in the oil fields.

I respect most of all a guy who didn't even bother attending college who borrowed a few bucks and started his own oil company from nothing and is now worth $20 billion, and who hires those geologists and keeps those university professors and academic programs well endowed.

A

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: October 11, 2014, 01:47:38 PM »

I've dedicated the last couple of decades of my life to accumulating as much wealth as possible. Much of what I have made has been made from me sucking up to those who already have lots of it - usually more than me, sometimes far more - and convincing them to let me invest some or all of it for them.

I can certainly respect a geologist with a PhD who makes a nice living and retires with a million or 2 in his state retirement plan.

I have more respect for the geologist who only bothered with getting a BS and is worth 100 times that as a direct result of busting his ass and taking risks in the oil fields.

I respect most of all a guy who didn't even bother attending college who borrowed a few bucks and started his own oil company from nothing and is now worth $20 billion, and who hires those geologists and keeps those university professors and academic programs well endowed.

Sad that you don`t respect anything else other than money.  Life must be empty with that kind of feeling.  

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #86 on: October 11, 2014, 01:48:22 PM »
Sad that you don`t respect anything else other than money.  Life must be empty with that kind of feeling. 

I had to earn mine.  ;D
A

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: October 11, 2014, 01:54:10 PM »

Do you respect this?  This is real wealth afterall. (the kid and family are dumber than a box of rocks, but they have more money than you or your entire blood line will have in 1000 years)  Personally, I don`t respect them because I know they are complete morons, but you probably do because they have nicer things than you do.  :D

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #88 on: October 11, 2014, 01:54:31 PM »
LOL

BayGBM is your teacher and you simply bend over when he wants you to. HTH.

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #89 on: October 11, 2014, 02:05:03 PM »
Do you respect this?  This is real wealth afterall. (the kid and family are dumber than a box of rocks, but they have more money than you or your entire blood line will have in 1000 years)  Personally, I don`t respect them because I know they are complete morons, but you probably do because they have nicer things than you do.  :D

I don't know who that is, don't know how much they have, don't care.

I'm a 45 year old professional money manager - I'm not one of these getbig retards who think "stuff" like watches and cars equal wealth.

Some of my wealthiest clients live in homes and drive cars that would make most people laugh - yet they're worth 7-8 figures or more in some cases.

I live in an area that has lots of oil and gas. Myself, my family, and many other people I know have benefitted handsomely. But I've still worked my nuts off over 20 years for most of my money.
A

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: October 11, 2014, 02:13:00 PM »
I don't know who that is, don't know how much they have, don't care.

I'm a 45 year old professional money manager - I'm not one of these getbig retards who think "stuff" like watches and cars equal wealth.

Some of my wealthiest clients live in homes and drive cars that would make most people laugh - yet they're worth 7-8 figures or more in some cases.

I live in an area that has lots of oil and gas. Myself, my family, and many other people I know have benefitted handsomely. But I've still worked my nuts off over 20 years for most of my money.
Who gives a shit?

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #91 on: October 11, 2014, 02:14:33 PM »
2Thick what can you run the 100 meters in?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: October 11, 2014, 02:15:56 PM »
Not as fast as Usain Bolt I would guess.

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #93 on: October 11, 2014, 02:16:35 PM »
Who gives a shit?

You must - you decided to start trolling me and made lots of assumptions in doing so.

You'll "win" the argument - unlike you, I don't have 20 hours a day to kill on here.
A

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #94 on: October 11, 2014, 02:17:23 PM »

Under 20 seconds last I checked - but that was some time ago.  :-\
A

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: October 11, 2014, 02:17:44 PM »
You must - you decided to start trolling me and made lots of assumptions in doing so.

You'll "win" the argument - unlike you, I don't have 20 hours a day to kill on here.
I am not trolling you and I don`t care about winning.  I am just here to tell you that I and everyone else don`t give a shit about you or your "money-making" skills.  Nobody cares.

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #96 on: October 11, 2014, 02:20:07 PM »
I am not trolling you and I don`t care about winning.  I am just here to tell you that I and everyone else don`t give a shit about you or your "money-making" skills.  Nobody cares.

Obviously you do care. You wouldn't have jumped all over my first post like a rabid left wing communist nutjob if you didn't.
A

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: October 11, 2014, 02:23:51 PM »
Obviously you do care. You wouldn't have jumped all over my first post like a rabid left wing communist nutjob if you didn't.
I only care to point out that nobody cares.  The amount of concern I have over you is zero and I don`t see that stock rising any time soon.  Take that to the bank, Mortimer.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: October 11, 2014, 02:25:37 PM »
you drive a hunday, i drive an 80,000 $ bmw, that's who i am

lol

;D

Some of the kids at the local high school drive BMW's and they probably know how to spell Hyundai....that's who they are.

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #99 on: October 11, 2014, 02:27:01 PM »
I only care to point out that nobody cares.  The amount of concern I have over you is zero and I don`t see that stock rising any time soon.  Take that to the bank, Mortimer.

You keep arguing about it.

My advice would be to find something productive you're passionate about and pour at least half of a 24-hour day into it consistently. It might fill the void, make you feel better about yourself, and change the way you view us evil capitalist pigs.

Have a good weekend.
A