Author Topic: Stephen Hawking:'There is NO heaven; it's a fairy story'- HAHHA  (Read 52284 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: Stephen Hawking:'There is NO heaven; it's a fairy story'- HAHHA
« Reply #425 on: May 19, 2011, 01:53:06 PM »
 so everyone is in danger of going to hell?

true  ;)

Not everyone if you just happen to pick the ' right ' religion I guess they luck out , good luck deciding.  ;)

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #426 on: May 19, 2011, 01:56:23 PM »
You keep using the word believe, you are missing the point. I seek the truth and rely on what I know in the mean time, no matter how uncomforting either may be. I am not closed nor open-minded, neither are a positive trait. I am actively thinking.

The point is you do NOT seek the truth!

If you did, you would seriously question how physical laws and properties came to be.

You would sit there and wonder why energy turns to mass when it is slowed down. That all matter is simply energy dulled to a slow vibration. That a spinning body will create gravity in greater or lesser amounts based on it's rate of spin and density.

Then you will sit back and see the universe and realize that everything is perfect, it was all planned out by a higher intelligence.

I think the only mistake people ever made was to characterize God as being an old man with a gray beard who sits on a cloud and judges everything you do. False!

You do not seek truth, you seek ignorance. Go back and read everything you said to me and you will realize this.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #427 on: May 19, 2011, 01:57:33 PM »
Not everyone if you just happen to pick the ' right ' religion I guess they luck out , good luck deciding.  ;)

so there one group of people that arent in danger of hell, but the rest are. ok. well now i know why you keep fighting against God. you think your going to hell! dont worry nd, hell is made up, its not real. use your brain! hell is revenge, revenge is not a valid motive, its the emotional response given by weak individuals, and god is all mighty. trust in god there is no hell  :)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #428 on: May 19, 2011, 01:59:03 PM »

If you did, you would seriously question how physical laws and properties came to be.

You would sit there and wonder why energy turns to mass when it is slowed down. That all matter is simply energy dulled to a slow vibration. That a spinning body will create gravity in greater or lesser amounts based on it's rate of spin and density.

Then you will sit back and see the universe and realize that everything is perfect, it was all planned out by a higher intelligence.

I think the only mistake people ever made was to characterize God as being an old man with a gray beard who sits on a cloud and judges everything you do. False!

You do not seek truth, you seek ignorance. Go back and read everything you said to me and you will realize this.

methyl you have made some great strides since you desired ot become a natty ifbb pro..  ;D

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #429 on: May 19, 2011, 01:59:49 PM »
so there one group of people that arent in danger of hell, but the rest are. ok. well now i know why you keep fighting against God. you think your going to hell! dont worry nd, hell is made up, its not real. use your brain! hell is revenge, revenge is not a valid motive, its the emotional response given by weak individuals, and god is all mighty. trust in god there is no hell  :)

How are the syringes feeling these days?

Do you prefer shoulder, thigh or ass injections? ???
I hate the State.

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #430 on: May 19, 2011, 02:00:16 PM »

The only conclusion I have come to is that I am flogging a dead horse  :-\

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #431 on: May 19, 2011, 02:00:44 PM »

Because I figure out hell was just a story along with heaven when I was a child  ;) if you believe in the God story you have to believe in hell you can't separate the two , oh wait yes you can when you cherry pick what you like and dismiss what you don't which you sir are very guilty of  ;)

I would have to believe in hell to be scared of going , I'm in no fear of going to hell than I am of not going to heaven because in the end both are just stories in a book.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #432 on: May 19, 2011, 02:02:30 PM »
Because I figure out hell was just a story along with heaven when I was a child  ;) if you believe in the God story you have to believe in hell you can't separate the two , oh wait yes you can when you cherry pick what you like and dismiss what you don't which you sir are very guilty of  ;)

I would have to believe in hell to be scared of going , I'm in no fear of going to hell than I am of not going to heaven because in the end both are just stories in a book.

the only thing youve proved is that you can not think on your own. its either atheism or strict fundamentalism in your eyes.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #433 on: May 19, 2011, 02:07:07 PM »

the only thing youve proved is that you can not think on your own. its either atheism or strict fundamentalism in your eyes.

So it's the thighs then?
I hate the State.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #434 on: May 19, 2011, 02:08:52 PM »

No it's because I was brought up a ' born again Christian ' and thinking all on my own lead me to the conclusion there is NO God , I figured this out long before I ever knew what the Big Bang was or Natural Selection was they just reaffirmed it , I dared to think for myself instead of just buying into the whole story

You like the God story and threw away anything you didn't like about it and created a nice little version for yourself , you think cherry-picking is thinking for yourself?  ::)

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #435 on: May 19, 2011, 02:14:12 PM »
The only conclusion I have come to is that I am flogging a dead horse  :-\

Ditto

I have some great reading for you if I can find it. There were some great astro-physicist theists who came to my church a couple months back. Not all Christians are blind sheeple with nothing intelligent to say, there are quite a few who back Faith with Science. Science ultimately proves God's existence, trust me on this.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #436 on: May 19, 2011, 02:17:14 PM »
No it's because I was brought up a ' born again Christian ' and thinking all on my own lead me to the conclusion there is NO God , I figured this out long before I ever knew what the Big Bang was or Natural Selection was they just reaffirmed it , I dared to think for myself instead of just buying into the whole story

You like the God story and threw away anything you didn't like about it and created a nice little version for yourself , you think cherry-picking is thinking for yourself?  ::)

denying the bible story and god as a child is something that indicates free thinking.

very true.

i grew up in a religious household but i NEVER believed, ever.  i remember being 4-5 years old and thinking how stupid it all was, how it was just a fairy tale to make people feel good about death, and how obvious it was that it was all fake, being that science so directly contradicts it.

a young mind will always reject god, its simply too unsophisticated to grasp something as meaningful. human beings arent supposed to be able to figure out what this life is all about before passing on, only the super intelligent truth seekers can manage to become enlightened before passing. to come to know god on your own is something to be proud of. not living in  ignorance your entire life. or blindly accpeting religious dogma without ever thinkgin about it or even really believing it yourself.

i never cheryy picked. i have used logic, not religion, to come to my undersdtanding of god. and once i sumbitted god has helped me learn more. even before i submitted god was helping me, as he is helping you and everryone else, but only in the ways in which the person can actually benefit from.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #437 on: May 19, 2011, 02:19:03 PM »
So it's the thighs then?
thighs are horrible. asking for soreness doing that.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #438 on: May 19, 2011, 02:22:18 PM »

i remember being 4-5 years old and thinking how stupid it all was, how it was just a fairy tale to make people feel good about death, and how obvious it was that it was all fake,

;D

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #439 on: May 19, 2011, 02:23:33 PM »
denying the bible story and god as a child is something that indicates free thinking.

very true.

i grew up in a religious household but i NEVER believed, ever.  i remember being 4-5 years old and thinking how stupid it all was, how it was just a fairy tale to make people feel good about death, and how obvious it was that it was all fake, being that science so directly contradicts it.

a young mind will always reject god, its simply too unsophisticated to grasp something as meaningful. human beings arent supposed to be able to figure out what this life is all about before passing on, only the super intelligent truth seekers can manage to become enlightened before passing. to come to know god on your own is something to be proud of. not living in  ignorance your entire life. or blindly accpeting religious dogma without ever thinkgin about it or even really believing it yourself.

i never cheryy picked. i have used logic, not religion, to come to my undersdtanding of god. and once i sumbitted god has helped me learn more. even before i submitted god was helping me, as he is helping you and everryone else, but only in the ways in which the person can actually benefit from.
a young mind will always reject god

quite the contrary , I don't even know where to begin with this one , in fact a young mind is more apt to buy into this fairy tale among others

you have you dismissed hell because it doesn't fit your version of it what you think the story is or should be , that's cherry picking people do it all the time because the story is out-dated and wrong on many levels to it gets tweaked and adjusted which is why the Catholic church agrees with evolution and now claims it was guided by God's hand  ::)

God is a story in a book , you'll NEVER escape this fact.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #440 on: May 19, 2011, 02:28:28 PM »

God doesnt necessarily mean the christian god, nor does the creator necessarily have ANYTHING to do with the christian religion or ANY religion.
I believe there was a creator, I cannot possibly fathom that the universe and everything in it happened purely by random, blind luck.
Like Bombz said, youre looking at it like "Here are my options, organized religion or atheism". Or at least thats how youre acting.

I see methyl gets what I was getting at earlier in the thread, science is always looking for a way to prove there was no creator or there is no god, its almost like theyve made it their agenda, but the more they discover about the universe and how it began, the more it makes me believe there had to have been some uber advanved/powerful being that put all these events into motion.
If you step back from everything, you can see how all the religions are tied in, and the fact that they have been rewritten by man makes them all the more fallible, but who is to say that like everyone else in life, the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle?
Nothing. There is NO proof for or against a god, so to just dismiss it as a stupid idea IMO is just as silly as anything else.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #441 on: May 19, 2011, 02:29:43 PM »
the first thing i must address is this issue of "cherry picking"

so the only place god has ever been mentioned is in one book?

and that one story is the only story that can be true?

anything to the contrary is 'cherry picking'?

so what about, as you have submittted, the fact that there are several religions with different god stories?

which one is the cherry picker?

every story about god ever written or told (and god has been around looonnnngggggg before judaism) has been an attempt by man to understand and explain him to other men.

the bible is an attempt that was sanctioned by jesus, and thus people follow it because they believe jesus was the son of god.

outside of that, my guess is as good as anyone elses. the bible was just "cherry picking" from previous stories.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #442 on: May 19, 2011, 02:30:43 PM »
a young mind will always reject god

quite the contrary , I don't even know where to begin with this one , in fact a young mind is more apt to buy into this fairy tale among others

you have you dismissed hell because it doesn't fit your version of it what you think the story is or should be , that's cherry picking people do it all the time because the story is out-dated and wrong on many levels to it gets tweaked and adjusted which is why the Catholic church agrees with evolution and now claims it was guided by God's hand  ::)

God is a story in a book , you'll NEVER escape this fact.
God is a story in ONE book, yes, but the IDEA is not tied to christianity nor any other religion specifically, no matter how hard youre trying to make that point. I dont understand why you of all people cant see that, youre trying to say that if someone believes in a higher power/intelligent design/God that they have to wholesale buy into the Christian religion and thats flat out wrong.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #443 on: May 19, 2011, 02:32:08 PM »
God doesnt necessarily mean the christian god, nor does the creator necessarily have ANYTHING to do with the christian religion or ANY religion.
I believe there was a creator, I cannot possibly fathom that the universe and everything in it happened purely by random, blind luck.
Like Bombz said, youre looking at it like "Here are my options, organized religion or atheism". Or at least thats how youre acting.

I see methyl gets what I was getting at earlier in the thread, science is always looking for a way to prove there was no creator or there is no god, its almost like theyve made it their agenda, but the more they discover about the universe and how it began, the more it makes me believe there had to have been some uber advanved/powerful being that put all these events into motion.
If you step back from everything, you can see how all the religions are tied in, and the fact that they have been rewritten by man makes them all the more fallible, but who is to say that like everyone else in life, the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle?
Nothing. There is NO proof for or against a god, so to just dismiss it as a stupid idea IMO is just as silly as anything else.

I'm open to that idea , now if someone had any proof to back that position up  ;) just because the bible and religion are turn-offs to some people who want to believe doesn't make their story any more true

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #444 on: May 19, 2011, 02:32:31 PM »
the first thing i must address is this issue of "cherry picking"

so the only place god has ever been mentioned is in one book?

and that one story is the only story that can be true?

anything to the contrary is 'cherry picking'?

so what about, as you have submittted, the fact that there are several religions with different god stories?

which one is the cherry picker?

every story about god ever written or told (and god has been around looonnnngggggg before judaism) has been an attempt by man to understand and explain him to other men.

the bible is an attempt that was sanctioned by jesus, and thus people follow it because they believe jesus was the son of god.

outside of that, my guess is as good as anyone elses. the bible was just "cherry picking" from previous stories.

You and I think along the same lines.
When I look at all the different forms of religion, I see the same general idea told in several different ways by different cultures.
Its not which one is right or wrong, its that they all have different forms of the same story and no one is really sure where it all started.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #445 on: May 19, 2011, 02:34:04 PM »
on the issue of the young minds...   a young, INTELLIGENT mind will reject religion and the bible story.

a young, average or below average mind will not even begin to think on such a deep level yet, will not question his elders who are obviously wiser than him, and thus will accept whatever it is told, like religion and the bible story.

as the average person grows older they think on their own and often times wind up at the same place the intelligent person was at when it was a child. denying the bible story.

as the intelligent person grows up they hopefully focus their attention to wisdom and truth, asking themselves meaningful questions, and come to find out that god does exist.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #446 on: May 19, 2011, 02:35:23 PM »
I'm open to that idea , now if someone had any proof to back that position up  ;) just because the bible and religion are turn-offs to some people who want to believe doesn't make their story any more true

Youre going under the assumption that as human beings, we actually have the ability to explain everything and comprehend everything around us.
We dont.
There is a lot of things that we simply cant explain as humans, especially considering how insignificant we are in the grand scheme of the universe.
I guess where Im different, I believe that there is things that I simply cant fathom or understand, vs others who think that because they cant see something right now means it CANNOT exist.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #447 on: May 19, 2011, 02:36:22 PM »
on the issue of the young minds...   a young, INTELLIGENT mind will reject religion and the bible story.

a young, average or below average mind will not even begin to think on such a deep level yet, will not question his elders who are obviously wiser than him, and thus will accept whatever it is told, like religion and the bible story.

as the average person grows older they think on their own and often times wind up at the same place the intelligent person was at when it was a child. denying the bible story.

as the intelligent person grows up they hopefully focus their attention to wisdom and truth, asking themselves meaningful questions, and come to find out that god does exist.

Finally he will lose his mind and suck oil based ethers directly out of the syringe.

Fixed
I hate the State.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #448 on: May 19, 2011, 02:37:37 PM »
proof

causality

free will

eternity

infinite divisibility of matter

universe set up in a progressive manner

these are just observable things that are facts that provide evidence.

but the most valuable evidence comes from experience of gods wisdom

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #449 on: May 19, 2011, 02:38:49 PM »
God is a story in ONE book, yes, but the IDEA is not tied to christianity nor any other religion specifically, no matter how hard youre trying to make that point. I dont understand why you of all people cant see that, youre trying to say that if someone believes in a higher power/intelligent design/God that they have to wholesale buy into the Christian religion and thats flat out wrong.

You can buy into any version of the God story you'd like I don't care but in the end you're just basing it off of their version of the story omitting the parts you dislike and it doesn't make it any more true even if it's more palatable , it's just an undated version of the old story