Author Topic: FLEX vs MD: The battle gets dirty  (Read 18946 times)

Crusher

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: FLEX vs MD gets dirty
« Reply #75 on: September 03, 2006, 02:06:02 PM »
Yes, John. Have you bought your tickets yet ;D

I'm not John and I can't afford to go to the Olympia.  Maybe if John paid me more...  he...he...

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #76 on: September 03, 2006, 02:37:09 PM »
I'm not John and I can't afford to go to the Olympia.  Maybe if John paid me more...  he...he...

;D
Ask Steve, he has to nuy a few ;D

Crusher

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #77 on: September 03, 2006, 02:39:13 PM »
;D
Ask Steve, he has to nuy a few ;D

It's not like he can't afford it.  And I'm very sure good seats are still available ;D

scribbler

• Getbig II
  • whatever
« Reply #78 on: September 03, 2006, 02:47:50 PM »
The fact that Flex would bother to put this childish feud into print as though it were news is yet another reason why bodybuilding will never be taken seriously.

What do you expect from a company that also puts out such rags as the National Enquirer?  ::)

FLEX actually isn't putting it in print...this will not appear in the magazine. It was posted on the site so that it did not interfere with our magazine, and the majority of our readers who do not care about MD or the supposed conflict that FLEX has with them, that until now existed purely of MD's detrimental remarks towards us and our employees.

You would be amazed at how small a percentage of the readerships of the mags actually pay attention to the boards as well

C

CD
M&F & FLEX

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #79 on: September 03, 2006, 03:15:45 PM »
FLEX actually isn't putting it in print...this will not appear in the magazine.

Whether it's on paper or on the website, the medium doesn't matter...  it was still published under the Flex name. If you somehow think "it's just the web, it doesn't count", then you really need to wake up and smell the coffee and see how the world has changed in the past 10 years before you end up going the way of the dinosaur.

You would be amazed at how small a percentage of the readerships of the mags actually pay attention to the boards as well

You're probably correct there. Most readers of the mags are kids who actually think the snake oils your advertisers peddle will make them hyooooge and ripped, that steroids only play a limited role in bodybuilding, and that the pros actually write their own articles.  ;)   Most board members know better than to waste money on magazines or the useless supplements that for better or worse provide the income that keeps the whole industry afloat.
Ron: "I am lazy."

arkk

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
Re: FLEX vs MD: The battle gets dirty
« Reply #80 on: September 03, 2006, 03:15:55 PM »
id rather MD publish ACCURATE steroid info than have a bunch of kids out there who would otherwise have no idea how to use them and endanger their health( ie people who read flex).

also, flex probably has a name next to a picture of someone that ISNT THEM in every single issue.  they did it 2 issues ago with leo ingram's name and the pic was gus carter.  real professional.

Crusher

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #81 on: September 03, 2006, 03:16:24 PM »
There was an awful lot of mud slinging going on BOTH ways way back when this all started back in the mid 90s.  Romano says Flex started it.  I'm sure Flex says MD started it.  Even recently, McGough went on PBBW and bashed MD unprovoked.  You can't blame them for responding. If you look back at the last several years of publication, the only bashing was recently about how bad the Olympia sucked.  I guess things heated up lately because Bleckman wanted to buy Flex and they wouldn't let him?  Keeping MD out of the Olympia is only going to amount to whoever goes from MD will have to buy a ticket. Big deal.  Flex Wheeler is president of Hard Body Ent.  They will not deny their title sponsor a press seat.  So, they will get photos and they will get to be there.  And if the show sux like last year, they will bash the shit out of it.  It would be better for the industry industry if everyone got along.

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #82 on: September 03, 2006, 03:22:28 PM »
  It would be better for the industry industry if everyone got along.

Nobody would disagree with you John. Pity you didn't think that way sooner?

Crusher

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #83 on: September 03, 2006, 03:25:02 PM »
Nobody would disagree with you John. Pity you didn't think that way sooner?

A - I'm nt john.  But if it makes you happy to think so, be my guest.  He's a great guy to work for.
B - I've always thought that

Anal Iceman Lubeth

• Getbig III
  • I am no longer on friendly terms with St. blechman
« Reply #84 on: September 03, 2006, 04:53:58 PM »
horton, you are such a kiss ass.  youd work for whoever had a chek for you.  if flex closed up, youd be mailing a resume to md. 
Chadwick Mower in 2008

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #85 on: September 03, 2006, 06:02:24 PM »
Yes, John. Have you bought your tickets yet ;D

I've avoided this - but are you mocking Romano, Kevin?

You're better than that.  You're admired by your peers.  You're better than mocking a guy for having to buy a ticket when the decision is made over both of your heads.

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: September 03, 2006, 06:04:17 PM »
Flex magazine was better in the 90's when they weren't afraid to talk about anything. They had a 10 page article about insulin when it was just becoming popular. I appreciated honesty like that. They didn't bullshit around talking about getting huge through a BCAA + creatine stack like they do now.

I love MD because it's like what Flex used to be but with better photography. Palumbo's advice on using steroids sometimes jars, particularly when he suggests GH in a virgin cycle, but it's still enjoyable to read.

checkmate

• Getbig II
  • Blaaargo Argo!
« Reply #87 on: September 03, 2006, 06:05:48 PM »
J.Jackson is a great guy and BB but, If you look close enough and the trained eye can tell the last four plates were photoshopped in...nough said!
It's like a freak circus!

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #88 on: September 03, 2006, 06:09:43 PM »
J.Jackson is a great guy and BB but, If you look close enough and the trained eye can tell the last four plates were photoshopped in...nough said!

Well you need to get your eyes examined then because that dunbell is real and no plates were added to it by photoshop, withcraft or little men in flying saucers.

scribbler

• Getbig II
  • whatever
« Reply #89 on: September 03, 2006, 06:11:11 PM »

Absolute bullshit! I'll show you the contact sheet from the original film Kevin sent me-there are no photoshopped plates on that file whatsoever. Obviously you don't have the trained eye you are talking about.

The photoshop on that image is to make the BG have the red tone to make JJ stand out better and pop off the cover.

I don't think the photoshopped cover discussion is one we want to get into here if you are trying to support MD

C
CD
M&F & FLEX

checkmate

• Getbig II
  • Blaaargo Argo!
« Reply #90 on: September 03, 2006, 06:18:09 PM »
Absolute bullshit! I'll show you the contact sheet from the original film Kevin sent me-there are no photoshopped plates on that file whatsoever. Obviously you don't have the trained eye you are talking about.

The photoshop on that image is to make the BG have the red tone to make JJ stand out better and pop off the cover.

I don't think the photoshopped cover discussion is one we want to get into here if you are trying to support MD

C

Im not trying to support MD or Flex..I just want to see all you morons melt down!.....

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: September 03, 2006, 06:22:31 PM »
There are some very good photoshop artists here.  I'm sure if there's anything shady, they'd know it.

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #92 on: September 03, 2006, 06:32:05 PM »
I've avoided this - but are you mocking Romano, Kevin?

You're better than that.  You're admired by your peers.  You're better than mocking a guy for having to buy a ticket when the decision is made over both of your heads.

I must confess to stooping a little low but John has enjoyed repeatedly attacking a very good friend of mine.
There is a group of photographers and writers at the shows and we all get along. Bill Comstocl works for Ironman, Flex Wheeler shoots for MD, Rakph DeHaan shoots for MuscleMag. I look forward to seeing those guys at the shows. There is absolutely no problems with any of us. We're competetive, we believe our titles to be the best, but we'll help each other out if we have a problem. That's being professional.
We all enjoy a friendly rivalry, excpet for John who chooses to insult people.

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #93 on: September 03, 2006, 06:35:09 PM »
There are some very good photoshop artists here.  I'm sure if there's anything shady, they'd know it.

It's genuine.
If anyone wants to gamble otherwise I'm happy to take wager. You can be the banker.

Crusher

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #94 on: September 03, 2006, 06:35:11 PM »
I must confess to stooping a little low but John has enjoyed repeatedly attacking a very good friend of mine.
There is a group of photographers and writers at the shows and we all get along. Bill Comstocl works for Ironman, Flex Wheeler shoots for MD, Rakph DeHaan shoots for MuscleMag. I look forward to seeing those guys at the shows. There is absolutely no problems with any of us. We're competetive, we believe our titles to be the best, but we'll help each other out if we have a problem. That's being professional.

Maybe he was insulted first.  You ever think of that Kevin?  Your boy is not a saint.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: September 03, 2006, 06:36:14 PM »
It's genuine.
If anyone wants to gamble otherwise I'm happy to take wager. You can be the banker.

I can't tell, but I'm not an expert.  Another shot or two from that same shoot might shut people up.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: September 03, 2006, 06:39:28 PM »

John Romano?  I can't recall ever butting heads with the guy...

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #97 on: September 03, 2006, 06:41:21 PM »
I can't tell, but I'm not an expert.  Another shot or two from that same shoot might shut people up.

Let's wait a couple of minutes and see if one of the "experts" tales the bet  ;D

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #98 on: September 03, 2006, 06:48:43 PM »
Let the conspiracy begin

checkmate

• Getbig II
  • Blaaargo Argo!
« Reply #99 on: September 03, 2006, 06:49:50 PM »
It's sunday night labor day weekend....cant everybody just get along?? Drink a beer and enjoy a BBQ..................... ...