Author Topic: Phil Heath  (Read 66618 times)

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
Re: Phil Heath
« Reply #150 on: October 11, 2006, 08:47:33 PM »
Shock horror.. don't tell me Ron brainwashed you whilst in time-out?

Ron promised him a green card..and we know that Alexxx will do "anything" for one
Here comes the money shot

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #151 on: October 11, 2006, 08:53:50 PM »
Phil Heath has the potential to be SQUAD approved. Our last 2 approvals, Jay Cutler and Toney Freeman, had the best year of their careers!!!!!! Just think of what Phil could do!!!!!!!!! We expect to enter contract negotiations by Monday.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #152 on: October 11, 2006, 08:55:04 PM »
Phil Heath has the potential to be SQUAD approved. Our last 2 approvals, Jay Cutler and Toney Freeman, had the best year of their careers!!!!!! Just think of what Phil could do!!!!!!!!! We expect to enter contract negotiations by Monday.

why don't you "squad approve" adonis? he came in second in a cyber contest  :)
Here comes the money shot

thegift

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #153 on: October 11, 2006, 10:53:21 PM »
Phil seems like a nice guy and I wish him all of the success in the world but...

he also seems like I "won't rock the boat" kind of guy also.  My impression is that he will go alone with what the powers that be says.  I am not knocking him just and observation.

And for gods sake will he stop thanking his girlfriend Jen in every interview

Hey, I cannot help but to give my fiancee a shout out for her help as she has been true to me from the very beginning.  ;)

rayisnumerouno

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #154 on: October 12, 2006, 02:16:06 AM »
How is calling attention to THE integral part of his success considered negative?

When the subject matter that you are referring to as being "integral" to his success is "integral" to everyone elses success on the playing field it does come of as not only negative but spiteful, man spirited, plain stupid, with jeaolusy probably being a motivating factor.

Also, it's stating the obvious.  Which makes you look more silly than you are trying to make your target look.

rayisnumerouno

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #155 on: October 12, 2006, 02:18:29 AM »
He has excellent shape and proportions that's for sure.  It's hard to gauge his ability to gain muscle since he was only about 180 in the college pictures.  Not bad for 5'9 though depending on his overall conditioning.

Is Phil new to message boards?  He really needs to learn how it is around here and get used to it.  It's not the same as real life.

As an individual with a bright future, why would he want to often subject himself to the insecurity, stupidity, and ignorance of many here?

rayisnumerouno

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #156 on: October 12, 2006, 02:33:07 AM »
Phil, no one is saying you don't train with intensity and eat big.  We're just also pointing out the fact that you and every other pro use a lot of gear to help you get where you are.

Forgive me - is something I said here untrue?

Didn't think so!

It's not called "hate" (except on mayhem) but "reality".  Don't expect us to deny facts.

However, guys like TA and I would be far less vocal and even angry about this if more pros stopped touting genetic superiority and acknowledged the effectiveness of gear.

We get that you train hard and eat tons.  What we also get is that the only difference between an IFBB pro and an NGA pro is an injection - despite upwards of 50-100 pounds more muscle.  That difference lies 100% in a syringe.  Just keep it real and you will have our respect.

Why are you addressing Phil?  He said nothing about anyone "bashing" him.  I think the point that Phil is making in his post is that he was pretty developed for someone that wasn't training or eating to "get big" and as a former basketball player it definitely would not have enhanced his basketball skills to be "big" while being a short (for basketball) point guard.  So it stands to reason that at his height, weight, condition, and frame (he was probably 180 as a frosh and the weight was never updated) when he played hoops that he has superior genetics than most from bodybuilding.

Pointing out the fact that pros use gear (whether it is or you think it is alot or a little) over and over is old and tired and makes you look weak and bitter.  If you are for some reason referring to Phil, he has a right to believe his body responds well to the craft that he's begun so recently.  He's not saying that he's omnipotent when it comes to bodybuilding but simply that his body has responded well and quickly to something that he didn't always do. 

Why do you ask if you've said something that's untrue?  Did Phil address you?  Whether or not you agree, the way you state your opinion comes off as hate to me and I'm not your target so I can only imagine what they feel like.  Is it that important that you need to put yourself on their level.  If you are truly cool with what you've done with your own physique you could care less what someone else looks like or how they got to look like they do.

rayisnumerouno

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #157 on: October 12, 2006, 02:59:29 AM »
TA - Why do you think Bodybuilding needs to be the first to clean up it's act? We're a small population. Wouldn't it better if baseball, basketball, football, track and field and other olympic sports cleaned up first? They are viewed by a lot more people worldwide than bodybuilding. If we did clean up bodybuilding a few things would happen: No one would notice (because BBing isn't mainstream), attendance at shows would be down immensely (how often have you seen more than 1000 people at a local show? Wait....you've probably never been to a show so you wouldn't know) and the "sport" would shrink and die. All we would have left would be these boards and a few underground mags.

If you think that by cleaning up BBing that it will help the "sport" then you're mistaken. I do agree that the drug freaks don't hold a candle compared to someone like Phil, physique wise. People need to realized that it's not just about the drugs. They can be a tool but shouldn't be the main factor when building a better body.

Not to cut on you but if everyone looked like you at the shows I go to....I would stop going. Why? Because I have friends that look like that and I lift in a gym filled with folks that look like that. Why pay to see the exact same thing I'm around everyday? Put it this way: If you had a fat and ugly girlfriend would you pay to see the exact same thing at a strip club? No....you wanna see something better.

Good post... the drug issue will never be solved in sports.  And if it was many would be disappointed whether it be in bodybuilding or the mainstream sports.  I think bodybuilding would best benefit itself by rewarding physiques which definte sculpting the body into a beautiful physique rather than rewarding raw mass and size so often.  I have never used steroids but don't necessarily believe it is wrong to use as a means to an end.  As with anything, there needs to be limits for safety and some sense of "integrity" though who am I to define where that line is?

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #158 on: October 12, 2006, 07:01:53 AM »
define metabolism adonis, because i dont think you understand the concept truly. no leaness does not have to do with the food you consume. some people can consume more food then others and stay lean, they just have a pre-disposition towards leaness. i will elaborate but dont have time plus your posts are ignorant.

Naked4Jesus

• Getbig IV
  • You can save a IFBB Pro today by donating a kidney
« Reply #159 on: October 12, 2006, 07:04:59 AM »
Hey, I cannot help but to give my fiancee a shout out for her help as she has been true to me from the very beginning.  ;)

The words of a man who's definately getting some tonight!  Some of you other guys should take some notes.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #160 on: October 12, 2006, 07:13:18 AM »
The words of a man who's definately getting some tonight!  Some of you other guys should take some notes.

Talk......to......girl.. ....get.......number.... ..masterbate.....to..... it.

Check.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #161 on: October 12, 2006, 07:16:41 AM »
Talk......to......girl......get.......number......masterbate.....to.....it.

Check.

hahahaa, seems that you paid good attention in TA's lessons.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #162 on: October 12, 2006, 07:24:59 AM »
hahahaa, seems that you paid good attention in TA's lessons.

hahahahaha yes!!!!!!! It's too easy DK!!!!!!!!

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #163 on: October 12, 2006, 12:21:58 PM »
As long as everyone is aware of this fact and doesn't pretend otherwise, I'm cool with it.

Not true.  You're looking for something to explain your shortcomings. 
YOU KNOW THIS. 

That is what it is.
Y

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #164 on: October 12, 2006, 12:35:13 PM »
I If they still look huge and shredded then, I will definitely admit they have genetic superiority.

WRONG.  You will say they never went off......and you KNOW that's the truth. 

I'm not saying drugs aren't a huge part of pro bodybuilding.  Because they certainly are.
I'm just getting annoyed lately by people who AREN'T pros, don't know any pros, and have never even competed claiming to know everything about pro bodybuilding. 

If a pro golfer says he hits 1,000 balls a day, and works with a swing coach 3x a week, we believe him. 
And if some local schmuck says "bullshit! It's ALL the clubs they use.  If they didn't have Nike making custom designed clubs for them, they would be nothing!"  You would think he was a jealous idiot. 

See my point? 

Y

GN138

• Getbig II
« Reply #165 on: October 12, 2006, 12:53:55 PM »
Here you go MattC. Here is what Phil looked like before he knew anything about Bodybuilding. Phil, correct me if I'm wrong but this was your FIRST show from what I remember. I also remember you telling me that you didn't diet at all for this show....but you can give us the specifics. Credit to Isaac (LiftStudios) for the pics.....

Phil won his class but lost to this guy in the overall:

GN138

• Getbig II
« Reply #166 on: October 12, 2006, 12:56:51 PM »
I don't know about anyone else but I wouldn't mind having Phil's muscle and symmetry as mine after I had been lifting for years and years. To have that to start off with is pure genetics and a huge gift from God...thus, the nickname "TheGift". Remember, people around Colorado gave Phil that name....he didn't name himself.  ;D

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #167 on: October 12, 2006, 01:00:43 PM »
If those are pictures of Phil natural or even moderately clean - much respect.  I think he has such a great structure that any amount of muscle looks awesome on him.  He could be skinny and still look shapely and tapered.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #168 on: October 12, 2006, 01:04:32 PM »
500 fucking people were at the Olympia pre-judging, 7000 total at the end of the night.

My estimate for the prejuding Friday night was about 4,000 people, and for Saturday night about 6,500 people or more. Not bad, largest crowd I have seen in years on both nights. And truly a great show Saturday night.

As for Phil thanking his fiancee, it is true, as the girl you live with is your heart, soul and support. Many competitors thank their one for helping them, suffering with them, and being with the via the dedication and determination on contest training and afterwards.

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #169 on: October 12, 2006, 01:07:44 PM »
If those are pictures of Phil natural or even moderately clean - much respect.  I think he has such a great structure that any amount of muscle looks awesome on him.  He could be skinny and still look shapely and tapered.

That's the thing Matt.  

Phil turned pro at 216....and he's about 5'9" to 5'10"
That isn't that big.  It's his structure and conditioning that makes him.   You can't drug your structure.  

Unfortunately bodybuilding is as much or more about genetics than any other sport.  
You can't just decide to play like a top basketball player becasue you love playing the sport.
You can't throw a 100mph fastball unless you were born to, no matter how much you loved playing catch with your dad.  
You can't be 6'6 and 300lbs, or run a 4.2 forty unless you were born to, no matter how much you love to play football.  

Seems like bodybuilders are the one group who can't understand this.  
Y

GN138

• Getbig II
« Reply #170 on: October 12, 2006, 01:08:28 PM »

It is....I've been around the game for quite a while and you learn to spot people like Phil. They are few and far between. Although we've had a lot of good talent coming out of Colorado, as far as male BBers go, I have never said to myself "That guy will be a pro in no time" .....until I saw Phil.

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #171 on: October 12, 2006, 01:09:32 PM »
If you want to be a pro, play hockey. 
There are 100's of various pro leagues.....and there is no requirement that you can read, or have ever seen a car in order to play.
Y

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #172 on: October 12, 2006, 03:55:26 PM »
Phil,

what do you think of hany rambod MD column where he implies that you are an idiot
for not knowing simple bodybuilding basics?

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #173 on: October 12, 2006, 04:37:34 PM »
Is it that Phil looks great at any body weight or is it that he is one of the few pros who is being honest about his weight?  Other pros around his height would claim to be 20 pounds heavier despite not looking any bigger.

Come on......In the national ranks, people have to step on an official scale to make weight.  Much like in wrestling.  So, look at the weights of pros before they turned pro. 
Bill Whilmore was weighing in the high 260's at weigh ins

Someone like Vic Martinez, who was a heavyweight, and looks AT LEAST 20lbs bigger than he was then, should have no problem claiming a weight of around 250lbs. 

Someone like Jay who was near 250lbs when he turned pro, and is clearly MUCH larger now, should have no complaints claiming 270's. 

Now, perhaps someone like Dexter, who was a light heavy when he turned pro would have a harder time claiming 230's, as he doesn't look nearly 40lbs heavier.

But, for hte most part the pro's claims are pretty accurate. 
The Ironman has had official weigh ins, so those competitors should be cleared. 

Phil just has the look to be a freak at any weight.  Very few people have that look.
Y

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #174 on: October 12, 2006, 05:10:20 PM »
look at his gyno dude..its massive...theres just no clean shots of it cuz all his chest shots have shadows.
d[-_-]b actin all cool