Author Topic: How many here can shoulder press over 225 Naturally?  (Read 46972 times)

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
Re: How many here can shoulder press over 225 Naturally?
« Reply #125 on: October 11, 2006, 07:35:20 PM »
your bench is ridiculously strong for your weight dude.  you're benching more than twice your weight for 4..

I weigh 183 now, I have been taking creatine for 5 weeks, put on some strength.
E

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #126 on: October 11, 2006, 07:36:06 PM »
creatine doesn't do anything for me.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: October 11, 2006, 07:38:49 PM »
creatine doesn't do anything for me.

try phosphagen HP from EAS, it makes me stronger every time i take it.
E

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #128 on: October 11, 2006, 07:41:57 PM »
Lol, I should have qualified it as anyone but you.  Based upon your other lifts and your size I have ZERO problem believing you can do it.  Tell you what, from now on if I call b.s. on lifts you are exempt.   ;)

Now, for all of the others who make the claim I would LOVE to see it.  I am sure there are some that can but I am equally sure half of the jacks claiming such lifts here are full of shit.
I'll take that bet.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: October 11, 2006, 08:02:13 PM »
danielson you are a tool. i benched 405 for one( chest is my weakest bodypart) and could shoulder press 315 for 3(last one was assited). if you can bench 365 for four about what i can do you should surely be able to press 225 for once, more like 10-12 at least. your statement ruins your credibility. i am natural. it's funny when people argue about natural status, when put in perspective what is natural, supplementing with anything blurs the line. with nothing but food and hard training i got to these numbers. i was natually strong although i seem to be tapering out. these numbers are also a joke for powerlifters, natural again. i have a buddy who benches 500 with a shirt at 195 pounds and not a thing in him. go to a powerlifting meet and if you go there with your pre-conceived limits you will be blown away at what some of the guys can do.

SS

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: October 11, 2006, 08:04:05 PM »
danielson you are a tool. i benched 405 for one( chest is my weakest bodypart) and could shoulder press 315 for 3(last one was assited). if you can bench 365 for four about what i can do you should surely be able to press 225 for once, more like 10-12 at least. your statement ruins your credibility. i am natural. it's funny when people argue about natural status, when put in perspective what is natural, supplementing with anything blurs the line. with nothing but food and hard training i got to these numbers. i was natually strong although i seem to be tapering out. these numbers are also a joke for powerlifters, natural again. i have a buddy who benches 500 with a shirt at 195 pounds and not a thing in him. go to a powerlifting meet and if you go there with your pre-conceived limits you will be blown away at what some of the guys can do.
Bingo!

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #131 on: October 11, 2006, 08:05:22 PM »
I'll take that bet.

haha you would probably do it in your sleep! That's nothing for you.
just push some weight!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #132 on: October 11, 2006, 08:07:41 PM »
The closest I've come to doing that is using 110-lb. dumbbells for a few reps.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #133 on: October 11, 2006, 08:09:08 PM »
The closest I've come to doing that is using 110-lb. dumbbells for a few reps.

So you should be doing 225 with ease unless you don't go all the way down..
just push some weight!

SS

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: October 11, 2006, 08:10:16 PM »
haha you would probably do it in your sleep! That's nothing for you.
pretty much  ;D

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #135 on: October 11, 2006, 08:13:43 PM »
So you should be doing 225 with ease unless you don't go all the way down..

I'm not quite as big now as I was then. Plus, at a heavier bodyweight that exercise was much easier on my elbows. I can press 205 for 4-5 reps (barbell). Another month or two, and I should be able to hit 225 for that same amount of reps.

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #136 on: October 11, 2006, 08:18:41 PM »

Nonsense. An unequipped 405 bench press is definitely not a "joke". The number of people who can honestly lift that kind of weight is very, very small. Even serious powerlifting gyms don't have many people benching over 405. The USAPL Texas state record is something like 420 lb in the 198 class.

I don't agree about the shoulder presses, either. The bench press has very little carry over to the overhead press. There are lots of powerlifters with huge benches who can't overhead press for shit. It's a completely different exercise.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: October 11, 2006, 08:24:49 PM »

Those are my lifts dude, sorry they cause you such great distress. I have always been a heavy bencher, maybe it's because I have been doing pushups for over 20 years for MA's? As far as me saying I could win a contest, where the fuck did you get that? I don't need to go to a contest to see people who are stronger than me. I see them in the gym all the time.
E

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #138 on: October 11, 2006, 08:29:53 PM »
Lol, I should have qualified it as anyone but you.  Based upon your other lifts and your size I have ZERO problem believing you can do it.  Tell you what, from now on if I call b.s. on lifts you are exempt.   ;)

Now, for all of the others who make the claim I would LOVE to see it.  I am sure there are some that can but I am equally sure half of the jacks claiming such lifts here are full of shit.

Damm you I was just driving to the grocery store getting all excited that I had motivation to train again.  What I do want to do is video me lifting once I get back into really good shape again.  I've never done it or just photos but now with the internet everyone wants proof.  It would be so much easier if they just came to the gym and trained with me.  Hopefully next year at the Olympia I will be in great shape and guys can come watch me lift at Golds on Sahara & Decatur. 

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #139 on: October 11, 2006, 08:31:07 PM »
Damm you I was just driving to the grocery store getting all excited that I had motivation to train again.  What I do want to do is video me lifting once I get back into really good shape again.  I've never done it or just photos but now with the internet everyone wants proof.  It would be so much easier if they just came to the gym and trained with me.  Hopefully next year at the Olympia I will be in great shape and guys can come watch me lift at Golds on Sahara & Decatur. 

I will soon pass you on every single lift while staying at 5% bodyfat my friend.
just push some weight!

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #140 on: October 11, 2006, 08:32:12 PM »
i once picked up a girl from the ground.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #141 on: October 11, 2006, 08:33:00 PM »
i once picked up a girl from the ground.

Did she have a beard and a red nose?
just push some weight!

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #142 on: October 11, 2006, 08:34:17 PM »
Did she have a beard and a red nose?

no but she was resisting.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #143 on: October 11, 2006, 08:36:48 PM »
no but she was resisting.

Did she have scaly abnormally long arms and a gaze as strong as smeagle?
just push some weight!

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #144 on: October 11, 2006, 08:39:21 PM »
I will soon pass you on every single lift while staying at 5% bodyfat my friend.

Save your money and go to the Olympia next year.  we can train together and you can see how much you match up to me.  That would be fun.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #145 on: October 11, 2006, 08:40:06 PM »
Save your money and go to the Olympia next year.  we can train together and you can see how much you match up to me.  That would be fun.

You know that's not a bad idea! I will take you up on that.
just push some weight!

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #146 on: October 11, 2006, 08:53:51 PM »
ADONIS,

U SACK OF SHIT YOU CANT SHOULDER PRESS 225. f**k YOUR FULL OF SHIT LOL. 160lbs lol

lol, he can 500lbs shoulder press with one hand, relatively speaking ofcourse
Here comes the money shot

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #147 on: October 11, 2006, 08:58:52 PM »
I can shoulder press 225 naturally for reps/sets, my strongest exercise , I have naturally gifted shoulders so it comes easy, I don't do freeweight (barbelly press anymore) but in the smith I can rep them out all day.

kicker

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #148 on: October 11, 2006, 09:08:29 PM »
I don't agree about the shoulder presses, either. The bench press has very little carry over to the overhead press. There are lots of powerlifters with huge benches who can't overhead press for shit. It's a completely different exercise.

I'm gonna have to disagree here.  The bench press does have a significant carryover to the overhead press and vice versa.  Think about it, for bench press your using pectoralis major, triceps brachii and anterior delts as agonists which are basically the same muscles recruited in the overhead press, in addition with upper trapezius involvement.  Only thing really changing are % recruitment in the involved musculature and of course, the differences in anatomical leverage characteristics when pressing in a supine position as opposed to upright.

So some guy comes on here claiming a 365x4 bench which equals an estimated 1-rep max of 412 (1.130x365) and yet only overhead presses less than half that; that does not make sense from a physiological point of view.

Just to keep things in honest perspective.

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #149 on: October 12, 2006, 12:24:24 AM »
So some guy comes on here claiming a 365x4 bench which equals an estimated 1-rep max of 412 (1.130x365) and yet only overhead presses less than half that; that does not make sense from a physiological point of view.

How does that not make sense? I've benched 380, but can only do one or two reps with 225 on the overhead press. Those lifts are perfectly consistent with one another. I actually have a hard time believing that anyone with a 405 bench could shoulder press 315 for 3 reps, as "usmokepole" was claiming. That's the kind of shoulder strength you would expect from a 500+ bencher.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha