Author Topic: Ron Harris aka "Pazuzu"s lifting clips on you tube!  (Read 28092 times)

Pazuzu

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: Ron Harris aka "Pazuzu"s lifting clips on you tube!
« Reply #75 on: November 02, 2006, 03:44:33 PM »
I don't think you can necessarily say that you should have certain lifts in ratios to others - it's a lot more complicated than that. Certain exercises I am just way stronger than 99% of bodybuilders on, others I am not, and it doesn't always even have anything to do with the development of the muscles, either. For instance, I know a lot of guys that can bench press far more weight than I can, but my chest happens to be a lot thicker.

Trop, thanks, your clips on Mayhem lately have been kicking ass!

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: November 02, 2006, 04:20:52 PM »

Wassup, Ron.

You look sharp. You walk the line like I said...most writers for BB publications DO NOT. You're in the trenches day in and day out and live this shit like the rest of us. You see Texas Chainsaw/The Beginning? It sucked. See...'The Descent'. You like horror.

How's the story of 'I was a Teenage Ebony Mountain of Muscle' comming along? If you publish it...I want 10% royalty.  ;)
?

Rottmag

Re: Ron Harris aka "Pazuzu"s lifting clips on you tube!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #77 on: November 02, 2006, 04:49:56 PM »

Ron,

Looking awesome my man!

*thumbs up*

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #78 on: November 02, 2006, 05:10:17 PM »
I don't think you can necessarily say that you should have certain lifts in ratios to others - it's a lot more complicated than that. Certain exercises I am just way stronger than 99% of bodybuilders on, others I am not, and it doesn't always even have anything to do with the development of the muscles, either. For instance, I know a lot of guys that can bench press far more weight than I can, but my chest happens to be a lot thicker.

Trop, thanks, your clips on Mayhem lately have been kicking ass!

What exercises do you consider yourself to be stronger than 99% of other bodybuilders?

Chris
w

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: November 02, 2006, 05:19:02 PM »

Has anyone ever noticed or has this ever happened to anyone? You ever LOOSE strength in certain exercises but GAIN strength in certain ones?

For example...a year ago I had a hard time with dumbbell pullovers using a 125lb dumbbell...lucky to get 8-10. Now I can do that for 12-15. Now I have a hard time barbell rowing more than 315 when I used to be able to use 345 or so. Weird, huh?
?

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
« Reply #80 on: November 02, 2006, 05:28:58 PM »
Has anyone ever noticed or has this ever happened to anyone? You ever LOOSE strength in certain exercises but GAIN strength in certain ones?

For example...a year ago I had a hard time with dumbbell pullovers using a 125lb dumbbell...lucky to get 8-10. Now I can do that for 12-15. Now I have a hard time barbell rowing more than 315 when I used to be able to use 345 or so. Weird, huh?

That COULD be attributed (but not necssarily so) to neural acclimation to the movement.  In other words, did you take a prolonged time off of the bent-over rows?

Chris
w

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: November 02, 2006, 05:36:15 PM »

I was thinking that...I think I have actually. Another example...

On legs...I now leg press more than ever. By at least 4 extra plates a side now for reps. Hacks to...on the Flex Equipment hack squat machine...I can now rep with 6 plates a side...up from 5 and two 10's from  last yr. Last yr though...with leg extensions I used to be able to get 285-300lbs for 10-12. Now I'm lucky to get 255 for that much.

I think because I spent time not going over 180lbs on the leg extension and focusing more on higher reps and more squeeze over the summer.

Dumbbell flys...I can now get the 105's for 8-10. Last yr I wouldnt go over 90's for the same...100's were a bitch for me. I'm almost ready to attempt the 110's....probably won't though because that's crazy and looking for an injury. I'd rather keep them at 90lbs for the 12 rep range. On DB presses...last yr I was able to get the 145's for 6-8...now I can just get the 130's for that. Interesting, huh?
?

Pazuzu

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #82 on: November 02, 2006, 06:41:32 PM »
Matt - even I can't look like that without drugs. Not that I was a mass monster at all, but that really full veiny look is something you get only with AAS.

I am only very strong on a handful of exercises. Seated DB presses I have done 140's for 8 reps. Even now, clean, I can get 120's for 8-10 with no spotter's hands near me. I haven't done bb military presses for a long time, but I am thinking about trying them out tomorrow. Troponin's latest video using 225 got me all fired up.

Hacks - depends on the machine. Right now I am getting 10-12 reps with over 6 plates a side on the Icarian. Back in CA when I used the Flex model, I would handle 7 or 8 plates for sets of 8-10, and yes, all the way down. That's the only way I know how to do hacks, as my YouTube clips show.

Leg extensions - Pretty much any machine I ever found I could do the stack for 15-25 reps. I remember the very first leg exercise I ever did - the Nautilus leg extension machine in fall of 1987. I had never done a squat or leg press yet. Anyway, I went from using half the stack for about 10 reps to getting the full stack for 20 reps within three months. Legs have always been my thing.

Pretty much everything else, decent weights but nothing to write home about.

Pazuzu

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #83 on: November 02, 2006, 06:43:57 PM »
As for exercises you lose strength on - I think squats and deads would fall into that category for most people. There is so much technique and balance involved that if you stop doing either for a while, your body 'forgets' how to do them right and you have to re-learn.

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
Re: Ron Harris aka "Pazuzu"s lifting clips on you tube!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #84 on: November 02, 2006, 10:53:16 PM »
Guys,

The proof is in the pudding and he looks ten times better than any of you. We all know training is 0% of the equation.

Special "Jello Puddin' Pops" Ed

"Training is 0% of the equation"...fucking moron. ::)
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #85 on: November 03, 2006, 03:31:11 AM »
Rons quads aren't just alright for a state level guy, they are insane...Pictures don't do him justice...and the guy comes in ripped to the bone come contest time....

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
« Reply #86 on: November 03, 2006, 04:48:04 AM »
I was thinking that...I think I have actually. Another example...

On legs...I now leg press more than ever. By at least 4 extra plates a side now for reps. Hacks to...on the Flex Equipment hack squat machine...I can now rep with 6 plates a side...up from 5 and two 10's from  last yr. Last yr though...with leg extensions I used to be able to get 285-300lbs for 10-12. Now I'm lucky to get 255 for that much.

I think because I spent time not going over 180lbs on the leg extension and focusing more on higher reps and more squeeze over the summer.

Dumbbell flys...I can now get the 105's for 8-10. Last yr I wouldnt go over 90's for the same...100's were a bitch for me. I'm almost ready to attempt the 110's....probably won't though because that's crazy and looking for an injury. I'd rather keep them at 90lbs for the 12 rep range. On DB presses...last yr I was able to get the 145's for 6-8...now I can just get the 130's for that. Interesting, huh?

I assume you are doing the leg extensions after the other movements?  If so, then perhaps it is related to the fact that the specific muscles of the quads targeted with the leg extension are getting a more exhaustive workout from the heavier loads with the leg presses and or hacks.  In other words, whatever has allowed for the heavier loads (better neural acclimation, increased force production capability in certain muscles etc.) on the compounds also causes the muscles targeted in the extensions to be worked to a greater degree than before thus causing them to be in a greater state of exhaustion when you get to them.

w

Pazuzu

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #87 on: November 03, 2006, 05:49:08 AM »
It is ludicrous to say that training is 0% of the equation. That would mean you don't have to train at all! Even the guys with the worst form, and that don't use extremely heavy weights, do train regularly. The thing is, with excellent genetics and drugs combined, pretty much any type of consistent weight training will produce a very good physique. When you have great genetics, great drugs, and great training, you get an incredible physique.

Pazuzu

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #88 on: November 03, 2006, 06:05:31 AM »
Here's an interesting before and after. Pic in the purple trunks was from July of 1995. I had been lifetime natural and would still be for about 18 months more. Weight on stage was about 183.

Second pic is from September of 2004. Weight was 204.

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #89 on: November 03, 2006, 06:23:48 AM »
ron,

are you being advised by Dante or are you doing your own DC stuff?
nasser=piece of shit

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: November 03, 2006, 06:35:56 AM »
Matt - even I can't look like that without drugs. Not that I was a mass monster at all, but that really full veiny look is something you get only with AAS.

I am only very strong on a handful of exercises. Seated DB presses I have done 140's for 8 reps. Even now, clean, I can get 120's for 8-10 with no spotter's hands near me. I haven't done bb military presses for a long time, but I am thinking about trying them out tomorrow. Troponin's latest video using 225 got me all fired up.

Hacks - depends on the machine. Right now I am getting 10-12 reps with over 6 plates a side on the Icarian. Back in CA when I used the Flex model, I would handle 7 or 8 plates for sets of 8-10, and yes, all the way down. That's the only way I know how to do hacks, as my YouTube clips show.

Leg extensions - Pretty much any machine I ever found I could do the stack for 15-25 reps. I remember the very first leg exercise I ever did - the Nautilus leg extension machine in fall of 1987. I had never done a squat or leg press yet. Anyway, I went from using half the stack for about 10 reps to getting the full stack for 20 reps within three months. Legs have always been my thing.

Pretty much everything else, decent weights but nothing to write home about.
hahahahahaha, this is the biggest bullshit post i've ever read.

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #91 on: November 03, 2006, 06:41:10 AM »
Everybody seems to be obseased with the size or your arms.  I've seen guys 5'9" with 17" guns that look  bigger than the 6'2" dude with 20's.  It's all how the whole package is presented, as we all know bodybuilding is the great illusion.  Keep it all as tight and lean as it gets and even a solid 16''er on a short dude looks better than someone who all they do are upperbody and mostly bis.  Looks silly, even if they are over 20 if the rest doesn't match up.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

Pazuzu

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #92 on: November 03, 2006, 06:57:31 AM »
Al, Dante does advise me, though recently I've sort of been doing it on my own. I only contact him now to look over changes I am thinking about making.

Squadfather - hahahahahaha - aren't you going to get in trouble for staying home from middle school today? hahahahahahahahah

Tell us all how you bench press 2,000 pounds for 20 reps and squat 3,000 pounds for 50, and you're 400 pounds with 2% bodyfat and 34-inch arms. Oh yeah, and you've had sex with 20,000 hot chicks, too. I love the Internet - anybody can imagine to be anybody or anything they want.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: November 03, 2006, 06:58:50 AM »
Al, Dante does advise me, though recently I've sort of been doing it on my own. I only contact him now to look over changes I am thinking about making.

Squadfather - hahahahahaha - aren't you going to get in trouble for staying home from middle school today? hahahahahahahahah

Tell us all how you bench press 2,000 pounds for 20 reps and squat 3,000 pounds for 50, and you're 400 pounds with 2% bodyfat and 34-inch arms. Oh yeah, and you've had sex with 20,000 hot chicks, too. I love the Internet - anybody can imagine to be anybody or anything they want.

hahahaha, that's all great Ron but i'm not the one making crazy claims like 19 inch arms and 140lb. db shoulder presses for reps.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
« Reply #94 on: November 03, 2006, 07:01:55 AM »
Pazuzu,

Check out the Squad bitches getting owned into oblivion over on my: "Time for the Gimmicks to panic" thread.

The Luke

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #95 on: November 03, 2006, 07:02:43 AM »
Pazuzu,

Check out the Squad bitches getting owned into oblivion over on my: "Time for the Gimmicks to panic" thread.

The Luke

when do you plan on moving out of your mom's basement and getting a job?

i mean you are over 30 years old.
Deep Tissue Massage

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #96 on: November 03, 2006, 07:05:13 AM »
When GetBig posts ip addresses and assholes like you stop hiding behind gimmick accounts...

Meltdown,
The Luke

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: November 03, 2006, 07:07:22 AM »
When GetBig posts ip addresses and assholes like you stop hiding behind gimmick accounts...

Meltdown,
The Luke
hahahahaha, you're so angry, only pussies who have been brutally owned care about someones IP address and identity, i personally could give a shit less who anyone on here is, you take this stuff way too seriously.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #98 on: November 03, 2006, 07:10:05 AM »
"sarcasm" account deleted....

Bogus "The Luke" account on MD forums hacked and reclaimed...

The Luke: 2 ; Gimmicks: nil

The Luke

El_Spiko

• Getbig III
  • The freaky-geeky
« Reply #99 on: November 03, 2006, 07:10:37 AM »
hahahahahaha, this is the biggest bullshit post i've ever read.
You mean toehr than any of your posts claiming to be anything but a suicidal 14 year old?
I min/max my physique