Author Topic: how many times have ya been in love...?  (Read 21394 times)

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
Re: how many times have ya been in love...?
« Reply #125 on: December 02, 2006, 08:24:39 PM »
Right.

That's what it comes down to.

I'm not willing to do that, it's just not me...

DIV

sonnet 116..and i truly believe this

Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;
It is the star to every wandering bark,
Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken.
Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks
Within his bending sickle's compass come:
Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
But bears it out even to the edge of doom.
If this be error and upon me proved,
I never writ, nor no man ever loved.

..everytime i read this sonnet..i get a lump in my throat...
carpe` vaginum!

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #126 on: December 03, 2006, 06:24:31 AM »
Right.

That's what it comes down to.

I'm not willing to do that, it's just not me...

DIV

I am..
Never been in love, there have been times, but due to the lack of character in the woman, it never panned out. Plus, the one who is least in love, is the more powerful in the relationship.

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #127 on: December 03, 2006, 06:33:15 AM »
i ws gonna make a wilderian joke..buuut...i'm 2 sick...
wilderian...anal...'buut' ..get it :P

Yes, I get the Oscar joke. After you, I'm his next biggest fan.  :)

By the way, beautiful sonnet. Damn thou...  :'(

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: December 03, 2006, 06:36:14 AM »
I am..
Never been in love, there have been times, but due to the lack of character in the woman, it never panned out. Plus, the one who is least in love, is the more powerful in the relationship.

No... but yes? Why choose someone with a lack of character? And does there really have to be power in a relationship? I'm curious today.  :)

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: December 03, 2006, 07:34:37 AM »
No... but yes? Why choose someone with a lack of character? And does there really have to be power in a relationship? I'm curious today.  :)

No, meaning, it wasn't the full on love..I felt it coming...but, never happened. Either due to her personality traits (lack of character) or mine.  Lack of character to me, means someone who flip flops or doesn't stand by their word. I've ome to find out, that a lot of youg women today, say one thing, but do another. You know, the "I wouldn't...", or the "Girrrrl, you know...." . Which is frustrating to me, because my character is the one thing that I can count on. So when a woman reveals herself to be shysty, due to the fact that one can see from the jump who I am, and what I'm about (I've learned to not give a woman what she asks for-esp. "honesty" ), that "feeling" evaporates like water on a hot brick.

I think it not so much as me choosing someone who lacks character (many of the women I have dated, have approached  me), but more so in the physical traits and personality traits of the woman and me. I am a giver, a straight-arrow. I have been told one to many times that I would "make a good husband". The women tend to be those who either need structure in their lives, or those "bad girls". I attract the opposite of what I am, and now I am resigned to live with that fact. Those that need structure tend to put on a front like they are are grounded individuals, but as time wears on, you find out that the woman is really a fallen angel,
and you see the reasons why.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
« Reply #130 on: December 03, 2006, 07:35:50 AM »
sonnet 116..and i truly believe this

Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;
It is the star to every wandering bark,
Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken.
Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks
Within his bending sickle's compass come:
Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
But bears it out even to the edge of doom.
If this be error and upon me proved,
I never writ, nor no man ever loved.

..everytime i read this sonnet..i get a lump in my throat...

it makes me cry.  ta tox.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #131 on: December 03, 2006, 09:01:02 AM »
No, meaning, it wasn't the full on love..I felt it coming...but, never happened. Either due to her personality traits (lack of character) or mine.  Lack of character to me, means someone who flip flops or doesn't stand by their word. I've ome to find out, that a lot of youg women today, say one thing, but do another. You know, the "I wouldn't...", or the "Girrrrl, you know...." . Which is frustrating to me, because my character is the one thing that I can count on. So when a woman reveals herself to be shysty, due to the fact that one can see from the jump who I am, and what I'm about (I've learned to not give a woman what she asks for-esp. "honesty" ), that "feeling" evaporates like water on a hot brick.

I think it not so much as me choosing someone who lacks character (many of the women I have dated, have approached  me), but more so in the physical traits and personality traits of the woman and me. I am a giver, a straight-arrow. I have been told one to many times that I would "make a good husband". The women tend to be those who either need structure in their lives, or those "bad girls". I attract the opposite of what I am, and now I am resigned to live with that fact. Those that need structure tend to put on a front like they are are grounded individuals, but as time wears on, you find out that the woman is really a fallen angel,
and you see the reasons why.

I understand your ways, Venom.

I think you've given up on love and finding a good woman in general and that's a shame.

The best strategy is to be real and stay straight because that is who you are and at the very least you can say that you are who you appear to be.

People reveal themselves to be what they are over time and through consistent patterns.

Give a woman enough rope to hang herself, enough time to show that she is the type of quality woman you deserve or just another scandalous type who is hoping to drag you down in the gutter.

Keep yourself wide open, but remember to keep it real and honest.

A woman can never go back and say you wronged her if you are honest.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: December 03, 2006, 09:33:20 AM »
the one who is least in love, is the more powerful in the relationship.

I reckon that it's the other way around.
x
x
x

Jodi

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • INBA Professional Competitor
« Reply #133 on: December 03, 2006, 12:24:35 PM »
As soon as you start to figure out who has more power in a relationship, the relationship is doomed.

I see a relationship like birds in flight.  Everyone takes his or her turn as the leader.  One person's strength is another's weakness and vice versa.  If you insist on control in certain areas, then you are asking for trouble.  And if you allow domination, then you too are asking for difficulties.  I'm not talking sex here.  I'm talking the relationship itself.
Jodi

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: December 03, 2006, 12:28:24 PM »
I can't count on my fingers any more.

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: December 03, 2006, 12:50:29 PM »
As soon as you start to figure out who has more power in a relationship, the relationship is doomed.

I see a relationship like birds in flight.  Everyone takes his or her turn as the leader.  One person's strength is another's weakness and vice versa.  If you insist on control in certain areas, then you are asking for trouble.  And if you allow domination, then you too are asking for difficulties.  I'm not talking sex here.  I'm talking the relationship itself.

I would say that pretty much sums it up.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: December 03, 2006, 03:58:58 PM »

Not that I figure out who has the most power. Never that simple, nor do I wish to dominate a woman within the relationship. I used to be a "follow the river" type of person (in college). And as a woman , I think you 'd probably find it a turn off if a man can not and does not define himself within the relationship. Being, "a straight arrow" type of person, I tended to cater to the woman ( a good and a bad thing), plus I had to watch to make sure I was not being taken advantage of (nice guys can surely be taken for a ride ;)).

I believe in that "50/50 Love" that Teddy P sings about. But realistically it is 70/30, 60/40. As you talk about strengths and weaknesses, I have tried making my weaknesses my strengths and kept my strengths, making myself good all around. But it doesn't play out like that when, lets say one is a better cook than the woman (who can't cook), one is more disciplined with money than the woman, and one has more interests and knowledge in many different areas than the woman, even though she might have a Masters or is an Attorney.

I think you've given up on love and finding a good woman in general and that's a shame.

I heard this once, You know where the good women are? They are in a relationship with a bad man.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: December 03, 2006, 05:25:47 PM »
I heard this once, You know where the good women are? They are in a relationship with a bad man.

You're too nice.

Less Parker, More Venom...

Don't be an asshole, but there is a balance.

Most women want a nice guy with badboy tendencies....

A woman wants a guy who has the capacity to be thuggish when it's appropriate, as long as you treat her nice.

DIV

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: December 04, 2006, 04:40:06 AM »
You're too nice.

Too, true. My friend, too true.

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #139 on: December 04, 2006, 10:39:32 AM »
Being "in love" is a waist of time. Contra productive. Useless.

The last lady I had some kind of relationship with said that she couldn't figure me out. Actually, what she meant is I cannot change you. Well, why should you? It was nice when it lasted.

My freedom still is very important to me. Don't care so much for relationships.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #140 on: December 04, 2006, 11:23:17 AM »

see the problem with me is i let the other person take charge if they wanna. I see it as a security thing...i'm secure enough in my masculinity and my self (read ..looks character .etc) that i'm always very happy go lucky. Which puts me in a situation where i need a woman secure enough herself that she understands and apreciates my laid back attitude and does not miatake it as me being a push over.

soo many times woman do just that and then are susprised when i end it (the look on their faces being " but i thought i ws in charge")...for a woman who plays hierarchy games is insecure and insecurity is the biggest turnoff.

I'm aggreeing with ya here jodes! :)

i've had women tell me " juni..you r just too nice" and i've replied " honey...you r just too insecure"   ...now i'll put this in bold " only insecure women mistake an asshole as alpha male behaviour....a truly secure man should not sccumb to this and all of a sudden start being an asshole and deviating from his normal behaviour , just to get those women...in doing so he will lose his pride...and at least to me..my pride is worth much more..even so than love"
carpe` vaginum!

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: December 04, 2006, 03:01:08 PM »

see the problem with me is i let the other person take charge if they wanna. I see it as a security thing...i'm secure enough in my masculinity and my self (read ..looks character .etc) that i'm always very happy go lucky. Which puts me in a situation where i need a woman secure enough herself that she understands and apreciates my laid back attitude and does not miatake it as me being a push over.

soo many times woman do just that and then are susprised when i end it (the look on their faces being " but i thought i ws in charge")...for a woman who plays hierarchy games is insecure and insecurity is the biggest turnoff.

I'm aggreeing with ya here jodes! :)

i've had women tell me " juni..you r just too nice" and i've replied " honey...you r just too insecure"   ...now i'll put this in bold " only insecure women mistake an asshole as alpha male behaviour....a truly secure man should not sccumb to this and all of a sudden start being an asshole and deviating from his normal behaviour , just to get those women...in doing so he will lose his pride...and at least to me..my pride is worth much more..even so than love"

Let's face it, lil' Junaids....

You're too advanced for most women as it pertains to your security in your masculinity.

Most women aren't ready for someone like you until they're in their 30's.

Honestly, many men don't reach your stage of enlightenment until they're too old to care...

I'm striking a balance, because while I am secure in who I am, there are some situations that demand alpha male/thuggish-type behaviour and I won't back down from those either.

I've been around too long and seen too much to believe that how other people perceive me won't factor in, and in those instances there is no way I can be laidback and easygoing.

Time and place......and situation.

"Love is stronger than pride" - Sade

DIV

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #142 on: December 05, 2006, 05:35:04 PM »
Let's face it, lil' Junaids....

You're too advanced for most women as it pertains to your security in your masculinity.

most..??? i'm seriously considering going back to my (g)olden days where i did nothing but date russian and eastern block women...sorry to say it but American women up untill now have been a big dissapointment :-\    ( some amreekan republican woman is gona take this personaly...which is EXACTLY why i'm sick of yall >:(  )

Most women aren't ready for someone like you until they're in their 30's.

and i'm not willing to date a woman in her 30s seriously...too much emotional and physical mileage for me (  the 'lose' women here will be indignant at this point and try and chime in telling me i have a small penis or smething similar or something... :-\   )

Honestly, many men don't reach your stage of enlightenment until they're too old to care...

dood...if u were a girl ..i'd totally date ya!   ( yes i've been watching waaayyyy 2 much scrubs...Dr Cox is like my hero!...i'm totally aware of how gay that sounds...)

I'm striking a balance, because while I am secure in who I am, there are some situations that demand alpha male/thuggish-type behaviour and I won't back down from those either.

you r nAaturally an ass sometimes...its not a deviation from norm behaviour...which is fine...

I've been around too long and seen too much to believe that how other people perceive me won't factor in, and in those instances there is no way I can be laidback and easygoing.

the only people i do give a flying f**k about are the ones that do factor in about my preception of myself...so i agree with ya there bro!

the only woman i'll lower  my pride for is one...well you know the drill...

carpe` vaginum!

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #143 on: December 05, 2006, 05:36:24 PM »
oo..btw...dont for a second think i'm not aware that as much as the wmen have been chiming in on this thread...NOT ONE responded to my previous post...

and if they do now..it wont count.. :-\  ..for obvious reasons..
carpe` vaginum!

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: December 05, 2006, 05:41:00 PM »
But you were having a convo with another guy...  :-\

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #145 on: December 05, 2006, 05:44:54 PM »
But you were having a convo with another guy...  :-\

o good lord..dont tell me u r homophobic FOR me? :-\

carpe` vaginum!

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: December 05, 2006, 05:53:03 PM »

o good lord..dont tell me u r homophobic FOR me? :-\

Lol...d'ja NO! It's just you were speaking man to man.  ;) We women know our place.

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
  • You fucking disappoint me!
« Reply #147 on: December 05, 2006, 05:57:15 PM »
Lol...d'ja NO! It's just you were speaking man to man.  ;) We women know our place.

We have a place?
Just Bad Bad Blood!

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: December 05, 2006, 06:00:59 PM »
We have a place?

Yes, everywhere outside of the space where men talk man to man. You like to be there?

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #149 on: December 05, 2006, 06:02:23 PM »

dammit woman...i'm sick and i'm kinda sorta drunk..i'm allowed bitter... >:(

...frick..

now u took the whole mood away >:(
carpe` vaginum!