Author Topic: Natural Al's DC training Journal  (Read 182220 times)

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
Re: Natural Al's DC training Journal
« Reply #300 on: May 31, 2007, 09:34:06 AM »
good day but I'm gonna drop the rack deads, my back just really can't handle them right now :-\

DC Pullups-100lbs of assistance and got 31 reps RP'd, so I did 15lbs more than last week and hit my rep target.  Also did a 35 second static.

rack deads-365*4, 225*12.  Lots of pain in the low back, sometimes it feels like the siatic nerve other times it's more along the base of the spine, today it was like both at once, not good.  I could suck it up and keep going with them but I don't know if it's worth it at this point.

2 handed Hammer Curl-50*32RP with a 27 second static, 10lbs increase.

Wrist Curl-80*30RP, forearms were really pumped when I was done.

stretches and a little bit of the old abs just for the hell of it.
nasser=piece of shit

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #301 on: May 31, 2007, 09:45:47 AM »
what are you going to replace your deads with?  ???

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #302 on: May 31, 2007, 09:55:40 AM »
what are you going to replace your deads with?  ???

I don't know yet...I'll prolly go with a row that I can support my back on, maybe I'll replace BB rows with DB rows and rack deads with a machine row or something. 
nasser=piece of shit

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #303 on: May 31, 2007, 05:16:04 PM »
BTW, I'm totally reworking my diet as we speak.  I've basically been eating pretty much zero carbs except for post workout and even those were limited, I was pretty much doing a high protien/low carb/medium fat diet but I've decided to switch gears.  I'm not gonna go into specifics yet but I'm reading up on some interesting stuff.  let's just say I don't "fear" the carb anymore ;D.  I lost some weight with what I was doing but I basically slowed my metabolism down to a point where what I was doing wasn't really effective at this point.  I've still got alot to work out but I'm gonna post some stuff in the next few weeks that should be pretty interesting.
Make sure you let us know what you do mate, because that is my diet atm and if you find something new I'd love to hear how it goes  :).

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #304 on: June 01, 2007, 04:36:28 AM »
Make sure you let us know what you do mate, because that is my diet atm and if you find something new I'd love to hear how it goes  :).

I've basically decided that high protien/medium fat/low carb just doesn't work that well for me, maybe there are some variables I didn't take into account but I've been busting my ass for awhile and really haven't gotten the results I want, why I don't know.  I'm basically looking into a more well rounded diet that will allow me to eat carbs if they meet certain criteria meaning they have to have a low rating on the GI Index meaning it will cause my body to react to carbs in a certain way. 

I'm working on figuring out my caloric requirements using this method and doing a macronutrient breakdown and I'll go from there. 
nasser=piece of shit

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #305 on: June 01, 2007, 05:27:27 AM »
I've basically decided that high protien/medium fat/low carb just doesn't work that well for me, maybe there are some variables I didn't take into account but I've been busting my ass for awhile and really haven't gotten the results I want, why I don't know.  I'm basically looking into a more well rounded diet that will allow me to eat carbs if they meet certain criteria meaning they have to have a low rating on the GI Index meaning it will cause my body to react to carbs in a certain way. 

I'm working on figuring out my caloric requirements using this method and doing a macronutrient breakdown and I'll go from there. 

Yanno what there is truth to that statement when it comes to carbs, GI index, and how your body reacts. Potatoes and pastas kill me but, when I eat rice, man do I feel good.

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #306 on: June 01, 2007, 06:55:51 AM »
Yanno what there is truth to that statement when it comes to carbs, GI index, and how your body reacts. Potatoes and pastas kill me but, when I eat rice, man do I feel good.

brown rice is really good in the way I'm looking at taking it.  I've been eating a ton of oatmeal for the last couple of days, I look fuller and actually looked alot more vascular yesturday.  I'm gonna do a little light cardio today and then I'm gonna lay off for a few weeks and let the diet take over to see if what I think will happen happens.
nasser=piece of shit

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #307 on: June 01, 2007, 07:00:21 AM »
I'm sick again which is just another sign that I've been hitting it too hard, so I'm taking off another day from training to just chill.

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #308 on: June 01, 2007, 12:11:43 PM »
real quick recap:

Hammer Incline-155*34RP with a 20 second static

Hammer Military Press-140RP a side got 12 reps with each arm, I do them unilaterallly and I did a 30 second static with a 35lbs DB.

Reverse Grip BP-240 for 20RP.

I did a 1 minute stretch for each muscle group afterwards and did a couple minutes on the bike but it was so damn hot I said screw it, I'll hit it later this weekend.
nasser=piece of shit

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #309 on: June 02, 2007, 01:42:52 AM »
  Yeah keep us up to date here guys on the Diet side of things. I feel I'm perhaps lacking a little something in my Diet as well and would love to hear how you guys go 8). I think I'm going to try and do the same and up my carbs a little and see if it helps.
  I'm quite lean atm but i think I'm missing out on some extra muscle  by skipping nearly all carbs. I think I'm just going to add some in the mornings and perhaps a little at lunch and see if i feel the change.

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #310 on: June 02, 2007, 08:40:39 AM »
  Yeah keep us up to date here guys on the Diet side of things. I feel I'm perhaps lacking a little something in my Diet as well and would love to hear how you guys go 8). I think I'm going to try and do the same and up my carbs a little and see if it helps.
  I'm quite lean atm but i think I'm missing out on some extra muscle  by skipping nearly all carbs. I think I'm just going to add some in the mornings and perhaps a little at lunch and see if i feel the change.

I'm reading a book called Macrobolic Nutrition by Gerard dente right now, I asked Trooponin what he thought of it and he said it was good.  I also asked a guy who's gettting ready for a show and he gave it thumbs up, he said he uses alot of the principles in it and he's walking around right now at 4%BF 3 weeks out of his show.  It's a good book IMO, it eventually tries to sell his line of supps but it has a ton of good info in it.
nasser=piece of shit

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #311 on: June 02, 2007, 11:28:30 PM »
he's walking around right now at 4%BF 3 weeks out of his show. 
:o Holy Ripped Muscle Batman :o

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #312 on: June 03, 2007, 03:54:56 AM »
:o Holy Ripped Muscle Batman :o
IT'S very, very impressive.  I knew he was doing a show cause I heard him talking and just struck up a conversation with him, he was pretty covered up but once we got talking he showed me his calves and abs....holy shit.  He says all he has to do now is watch his water and he's all set....very, very ripped.
nasser=piece of shit

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #313 on: June 03, 2007, 07:09:21 AM »
I'm reading a book called Macrobolic Nutrition by Gerard dente right now, I asked Trooponin what he thought of it and he said it was good.  I also asked a guy who's gettting ready for a show and he gave it thumbs up, he said he uses alot of the principles in it and he's walking around right now at 4%BF 3 weeks out of his show.  It's a good book IMO, it eventually tries to sell his line of supps but it has a ton of good info in it.

Thanks for that! I'm going to pick that book up at B and N this evening! Unless I have to order it online. Either way, sounds like a good read.

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #314 on: June 03, 2007, 08:34:10 AM »
Thanks for that! I'm going to pick that book up at B and N this evening! Unless I have to order it online. Either way, sounds like a good read.

it might be availible as a free download at the MHP site...don't know for sure.
nasser=piece of shit

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #315 on: June 03, 2007, 08:50:50 AM »
it might be availible as a free download at the MHP site...don't know for sure.

hows that back?  you don't seem like you're in a good mood today al. What's up?

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #316 on: June 03, 2007, 11:33:38 AM »
hows that back?  you don't seem like you're in a good mood today al. What's up?

backs a mess, it's been a mess for years, it ain't gonna get no better unless I get up the balls to go see a doctor :-X

the job I had for 10 years was very labor intensive, lots of lifting heavy things in very awkward positions plus I stood all day long on a concrete floor..I worked anywhere from 55-70hrs a week so I know it's messed up...BUT I've got a nice easy job now, no standing...I can just sit on my fat ass and work a nice easy 40hrs a week....it don't get no better 8) 8)
nasser=piece of shit

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #317 on: June 03, 2007, 04:35:04 PM »
no standing...I can just sit on my fat ass and work a nice easy 40hrs a week....it don't get no better 8) 8)
;D lol nice one, i hear that mate  ;D

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #318 on: June 06, 2007, 04:27:37 AM »
really busy so I had to rush through a workout yesturday, skipped monday due to personal obligations.

Hammer Front Pulldowns-180*13RP 20 second static, the usual machine I use was being hogged and I couldn't wait so I jumped on this, never used it before, didn't like it as much.

Hammer Rows-225*20RP with each arm.

Drag Curls-125*27RP, 30 second static

pinwheel curls-25*35RP with each arm.

nasser=piece of shit

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #319 on: June 06, 2007, 05:32:37 AM »
really busy so I had to rush through a workout yesturday, skipped monday due to personal obligations.

Hammer Front Pulldowns-180*13RP 20 second static, the usual machine I use was being hogged and I couldn't wait so I jumped on this, never used it before, didn't like it as much.

Hammer Rows-225*20RP with each arm.

Drag Curls-125*27RP, 30 second static

pinwheel curls-25*35RP with each arm.

high row or low row on the hammer rows?

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #320 on: June 06, 2007, 10:17:15 AM »
high row or low row on the hammer rows?

niether, the one that mimicks a dumbbell row-you know the one they used to show dorian using all the time, if I had my choice I'd use the lowrow cause I can move some major weight with that and it hits the lower lats really well but I don't have access to one so....I gotta make due.
nasser=piece of shit

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #321 on: June 07, 2007, 05:53:53 AM »
niether, the one that mimicks a dumbbell row-you know the one they used to show dorian using all the time, if I had my choice I'd use the lowrow cause I can move some major weight with that and it hits the lower lats really well but I don't have access to one so....I gotta make due.

that's the hammer low row. LOVE THAT THING! If you were doing that on the high rows, I would've broken your arm so you'd quit showing me up! :P :D  Do you notice big jumps in weight when you see progress or it's always litlte/more frequent jumps?

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #322 on: June 07, 2007, 07:20:57 AM »
that's the hammer low row. LOVE THAT THING! If you were doing that on the high rows, I would've broken your arm so you'd quit showing me up! :P :D  Do you notice big jumps in weight when you see progress or it's always litlte/more frequent jumps?

little more frequent jumps, 5-10lbs at a time...I also have NO problem making a 2.5lbs jump if that's all I can handle, little jumps add up over time.

On a side note I'm getting a new supplement from DC-he's sending it to  me free of charge ;D I'll post a link to the thread over on IM where he talks about it, I don't know a ton about it but he thinks it's the next big thing supplement wise.  I've also been using a protien powder he sent me at the begining of the year and it's great stuff, probably the best I've tasted, I encourage everyone to at least try his true protien products the protien he gave me really is great stuff.

here's a link to the thread:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=24384
nasser=piece of shit

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #323 on: June 07, 2007, 07:28:55 AM »
epic lack of free weights in these "workouts".

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #324 on: June 07, 2007, 07:42:34 AM »
epic lack of free weights in these "workouts".

You don't feel like you can build a decent physique with minimal use of free  weights?! ???