Author Topic: Natural Al's DC training Journal  (Read 181931 times)

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
Re: Natural Al's DC training Journal
« Reply #400 on: July 16, 2007, 07:59:22 AM »
another 6 months at this pace and you'll crack 18" arms no problem big guy!

if I "pounded" the food down and went ape shit for a few months I'm sure I could break the 18 inch mark pretty easily, I might have mis-spoke earlier, my arms were 17.5 when I was about 210lbs, right now I'm about 195 and I don't really know what they tape at, I hardly ever check them.
nasser=piece of shit

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #401 on: July 16, 2007, 08:01:40 AM »
if I "pounded" the food down and went ape shit for a few months I'm sure I could break the 18 inch mark pretty easily, I might have mis-spoke earlier, my arms were 17.5 when I was about 210lbs, right now I'm about 195 and I don't really know what they tape at, I hardly ever check them.

I cut the carbs out for the most part of last week and my arms have dropped 1/2"  >:(  Food will get you there but what else will it give you? 210 at what height? That's a good weight! I want to be about 230-235ish at 10-11% being 6'.

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #402 on: July 16, 2007, 09:22:37 AM »
I cut the carbs out for the most part of last week and my arms have dropped 1/2"  >:(  Food will get you there but what else will it give you? 210 at what height? That's a good weight! I want to be about 230-235ish at 10-11% being 6'.

I'm 5'7ish.  Heaviest I've been is 215, don't know my BF%.  Right now I'm about 195ish and still working on getting a formula down to get ripped and retain my muscle. 

today I did legs but I decided not to do a wm for thighs or my stretches cause my left knee has been bothering me for the last week or so.

calf sled-385*13SS, man this is f'n heavy.  I'm close to maxing this one out, unless something crazy happens I'll be dropping it real soon.

lying leg curl-160*24RP with a static hold at the end.

v-squat-605*11SS plus whatever the carriage weighs, very heavy.  Like I said before I don't know what this traslates to in "real" weigtht but it's heavy as hell.
nasser=piece of shit

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #403 on: July 16, 2007, 12:15:58 PM »
actually I totally exxagerate-sp-my range of motion for chest on some movements, I'll admit I have short arms...it's not really a curse...oh, yeah...they're about 17.5 right now, I beat 16 along time ago but thanks for your concern and suggestions.

You must have that confused with your bodyfat measurements. ;)
just push some weight!

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #404 on: July 16, 2007, 12:48:05 PM »
You must have that confused with your bodyfat measurements. ;)

maybe, maybe not...never had it checked..or at least not in a couple of years, when I did have it checked last it was at 12%.
nasser=piece of shit

Herc

• Getbig II
« Reply #405 on: July 18, 2007, 12:51:02 AM »
interesting training style, its simular to mine in some ways like very low volume.  Ive never seen anyone else go close to as low volume as me until I saw how you train. what is the theory behind all the stretching and smith machines and high reps and the "static" though.

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #406 on: July 18, 2007, 04:52:22 AM »
interesting training style, its simular to mine in some ways like very low volume.  Ive never seen anyone else go close to as low volume as me until I saw how you train. what is the theory behind all the stretching and smith machines and high reps and the "static" though.

it's basically DC training, I follow it pretty much to the letter but I have experimented with some things.  Stretching is one of the basics with the program, it's "extreme" stretching where you're working to stretch out the fascia after nailing a bodypart, it's pretty rough if you do it right.  The smith is used for 2 reasons...first, I don't always have access to a power rack which I would use for safety reasons and I always have access to a smith, I can set it up, set the stops and I'm good.  2nd i hate spotters, they never do it right and with a smith I don't have to worry about them.  Usually in DC training alot of guys use a rep range of 12-15 rest paused, I've done that for awhile and wanted to try something new so I bumped mine up to 20-30 which I really like,  by setting my rep range so high I'm taking alot of the mental roadblocks out of the equation.  When I was working 12-15 my first "set" would almost always stop at 8 reps now I'm hitting 15-20 with about the same weight on some movements.  Last time I went with 12-15 reps I got 13 with 170lbs on the lying leg curl, the other day I got like 24 reps with 160lbs or something like that.  It's also saving wear and tear on alot of my joints and allowing me to really focus on some lagging bodyparts.  Statics are just like icing on the cake, once I fail-totally fail I set my self up in a position where I'm at about 1/4 of the way through the movement and fight with everything I've got to hold the weight there..it's a killer if used right.

hope that makes sense I'm still really busy at work so if anything is unclear let me know and I"ll run through it again.
nasser=piece of shit

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #407 on: July 18, 2007, 05:20:05 AM »
it's basically DC training, I follow it pretty much to the letter but I have experimented with some things.  Stretching is one of the basics with the program, it's "extreme" stretching where you're working to stretch out the fascia after nailing a bodypart, it's pretty rough if you do it right.  The smith is used for 2 reasons...first, I don't always have access to a power rack which I would use for safety reasons and I always have access to a smith, I can set it up, set the stops and I'm good.  2nd i hate spotters, they never do it right and with a smith I don't have to worry about them.  Usually in DC training alot of guys use a rep range of 12-15 rest paused, I've done that for awhile and wanted to try something new so I bumped mine up to 20-30 which I really like,  by setting my rep range so high I'm taking alot of the mental roadblocks out of the equation.  When I was working 12-15 my first "set" would almost always stop at 8 reps now I'm hitting 15-20 with about the same weight on some movements.  Last time I went with 12-15 reps I got 13 with 170lbs on the lying leg curl, the other day I got like 24 reps with 160lbs or something like that.  It's also saving wear and tear on alot of my joints and allowing me to really focus on some lagging bodyparts.  Statics are just like icing on the cake, once I fail-totally fail I set my self up in a position where I'm at about 1/4 of the way through the movement and fight with everything I've got to hold the weight there..it's a killer if used right.

whatever you're doing seems to be working well enough. The shit you do and how you do it sounds painful!
hope that makes sense I'm still really busy at work so if anything is unclear let me know and I"ll run through it again.

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #408 on: July 18, 2007, 06:08:12 AM »
yesturday i did:

behind the neck pulldowns-140*31RP, didn't have access to the machine I was going to use so I tried these.  I only pulled down to the top of my head and I did a 22 second static hold at the end.

reverse grip BB rows-155*31RP, again I'm doing something to protect my low back that's why I'm rest pausing a back thickness movement.

drag curls-140*24RP with a static, don't remember how long it was.

pinwheel curls-35-21 with my left and 25 with my right rest paused.

then I did my stretches and cardio.
nasser=piece of shit

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #409 on: July 19, 2007, 09:25:08 AM »
mixed results today:

Hammer Inclines-170*34RP, increased the weight and beat my reps so that was great, did a 20 second static at the end-good.

Hammer Shoulder-190*24RP, I wanted 30...shoulders don't seem to be reacting as well to the higher reps.  I'm hoping this is just an adjustment period and things will fall into place soon.  No static-bad

Bench Dips-45*33SS, this is kinda an experimental movement cause I never thought I would be dropping any tri movements, still working ou the kinks but I thought this went real well today-good.

Chest WM-55lbs for 20 reps straight setted.

did my stretches, maybe cardio later today.  If it wasn't for the bump in my shoulder work I would be really happy right now but I'm hoping it will get better.
nasser=piece of shit

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #410 on: July 19, 2007, 09:38:18 AM »
Hey natural alex I am going to start dc again but like a man with all free weights and proper form. You can let those bratz at intense muscle know that soon they will see what a champion's physique reallly looks like.

That will be all for now.

Carry on.
just push some weight!

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #411 on: July 19, 2007, 09:41:21 AM »
Hey natural alex I am going to start dc again but like a man with all free weights and proper form. You can let those bratz at intense muscle know that soon they will see what a champion's physique reallly looks like.

That will be all for now.

Carry on.

alexxx....you were in a movie so I can't rip you for a little while, I'll let them know that the 2nd coming is upon us even though I hardly ever post over there and in 2 weeks I'll let them know that you've decided to switch routines again ;D ;D ;D
nasser=piece of shit

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #412 on: July 19, 2007, 09:43:54 AM »
alexxx....you were in a movie so I can't rip you for a little while, I'll let them know that the 2nd coming is upon us even though I hardly ever post over there and in 2 weeks I'll let them know that you've decided to switch routines again ;D ;D ;D

haha you got me.  ;D
just push some weight!

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #413 on: July 19, 2007, 09:48:07 AM »
haha you got me.  ;D

good job on the movie btw, I also think the last pics you posted were pretty good, you seem to have leaned out.
nasser=piece of shit

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #414 on: July 19, 2007, 09:59:54 AM »
good job on the movie btw, I also think the last pics you posted were pretty good, you seem to have leaned out.

Thanks. Gj on you staying so consistent. You haven't given up and that is what it takes to get better.

Right now I am aiming for crazy strength and thickness. From the pictures I have.. I was way thicker when on DC. (also fatter) ;D
just push some weight!

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #415 on: July 19, 2007, 10:36:16 AM »
Thanks. Gj on you staying so consistent. You haven't given up and that is what it takes to get better.

Right now I am aiming for crazy strength and thickness. From the pictures I have.. I was way thicker when on DC. (also fatter) ;D

where you doing any cardio?  it's your responsibility to monitor your BF while on any program, you can't blame a program for getting fat.  DC suggests 45 minutes of cardio a day on an empty stomach first thing in the moring or you can have a protien shake if you need it....
nasser=piece of shit

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #416 on: July 19, 2007, 08:06:50 PM »
where you doing any cardio?  it's your responsibility to monitor your BF while on any program, you can't blame a program for getting fat.  DC suggests 45 minutes of cardio a day on an empty stomach first thing in the moring or you can have a protien shake if you need it....

I forgot. I know it is my responsibility. I will try again. :)
just push some weight!

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #417 on: July 20, 2007, 09:34:49 AM »
having alexxx on my thread must have inspired me 8) 8)

yesturday I did a cardio session, I'm doing max-ot cardio for a few weeks to see what happens, I did 4.55 miles in 16 minutes and I thought I was gonna die.  My quads were on fire, I didn't think that I was gonna train legs today until afterwards so I didn't expect much going in today.

1 legged donkey calf raises-160*12 each leg, done in DC fashion.  These are killers, I did 37 partials with the stack afterwards.

seated leg curl-170*27RP with a 28 second static. 

Hack Squat-360*5 with 20 partials and then I got 20 reps on the widowmaker with 315lbs.

I got my stretches in, no problems with the knee's today, overall a great way to end the week.
nasser=piece of shit

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #418 on: July 20, 2007, 09:54:15 AM »
4.55 miles on the bike in 16 minutes is nothing to brag about.

;D You call that working hard? ;D
just push some weight!

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #419 on: July 20, 2007, 10:01:24 AM »
4.55 miles on the bike in 16 minutes is nothing to brag about.

;D You call that working hard? ;D

I'll try harder next time :-X :-X :-X :-X
nasser=piece of shit

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #420 on: July 20, 2007, 02:55:54 PM »
Hey al, seems ur still kcking ass and taking names.

Question, my chest exercises on last blast wer slight incline BB decline BB and incline BB,

Now doing same in diff order, tho thinking of changing to dips wen i stall on slight incline (been making progress for 2 blasts on that tho lol), so i can then really try hammer line under then chest (dont feel its too great). What u think??

Alexx, glas to have u back, u gonna stick it out this time? U know u want to.

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #421 on: July 20, 2007, 04:53:23 PM »

Question, my chest exercises on last blast wer slight incline BB decline BB and incline BB,

Now doing same in diff order, tho thinking of changing to dips wen i stall on slight incline (been making progress for 2 blasts on that tho lol), so i can then really try hammer line under then chest (dont feel its too great). What u think??

davie

Yeah but I will train more often probably.
just push some weight!

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #422 on: July 20, 2007, 06:25:20 PM »

davie

I'm the wrong guy to aks about chest problems, mine BLOWS.  Dips are probably ok though, I'd start with a little higher rep range than what you are probably doing, go for 20-25RP, use assistance if you need to, gradually lower the assistance and you're reps, once you can get 15-18RP with BW start adding poundage.....
nasser=piece of shit

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #423 on: July 21, 2007, 08:32:27 AM »
Iv dipped b4 with weight added to waist, tho at my gym wen u turn the bars 180 degrees the wider position makes ur elbows automaticlly turn out more, which i guess is more chest benifitial?!

Alexxx, DC done to the letter is best,not with additions.

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #424 on: July 21, 2007, 11:56:17 AM »
Iv dipped b4 with weight added to waist, tho at my gym wen u turn the bars 180 degrees the wider position makes ur elbows automaticlly turn out more, which i guess is more chest benifitial?!

Alexxx, DC done to the letter is best,not with additions.

davie

from what I understand you're right on the mark with the elbow positioning.  flare em out and you'll hit your chest more, close to the body hits the tri's more.

if I was you alexxx and you can take this advice or leave it I'd follow the base routine to the letter for at least 10 weeks and see what happens, concentrate on moving heavy weight and staying consstant and you'll make gains.
nasser=piece of shit