Author Topic: Natural Al's DC training Journal  (Read 181674 times)

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
Re: Natural Al's DC training Journal
« Reply #425 on: July 21, 2007, 03:18:22 PM »
Oh no don't worry bros.

I have done the latest version with great success.

But if you read cycles for pennies Dante talks about training every bodypart 3 times per week.

That was the program he used for at least 8 years.

Mon and Thurs - chest shoulders tris back
tues and fri - bis forearms calves hams quads
just push some weight!

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #426 on: July 23, 2007, 09:35:51 AM »
 :D

hammer reverse grip pulldowns-80lbs a side, nice slow controlled negatives, 25ish an arm rest paused with a static.

DB Rows-130*20RP both arms, almost got 21 with my right.

wide grip cable curls-110*26RP, 25 second static

wrist curls-80*30RP

I did my stretches and called it a day. 
nasser=piece of shit

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #427 on: July 23, 2007, 09:47:19 AM »
Hey Al you're not worried that if you do more reps on one side the other is gonna be smaller?
just push some weight!

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #428 on: July 23, 2007, 09:49:57 AM »
Hey Al you're not worried that if you do more reps on one side the other is gonna be smaller?

it's not that much of a difference in most cases, my right is strongere than my left but my left arm is better developed if that makes any sense.  I don't worry about it at all to tell you the truth.
nasser=piece of shit

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #429 on: July 23, 2007, 09:54:23 AM »
:D

hammer reverse grip pulldowns-80lbs a side, nice slow controlled negatives, 25ish an arm rest paused with a static.

DB Rows-130*20RP both arms, almost got 21 with my right.

wide grip cable curls-110*26RP, 25 second static

wrist curls-80*30RP

I did my stretches and called it a day. 
I love reading your shit AL! Makes me chomp at the bit to get in the gym and bust ass! inspirational!

still waiting for you to work in the 10-15 rep range and put on some serious size and strength! :P :D

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #430 on: July 23, 2007, 09:59:29 AM »
I love reading your shit AL! Makes me chomp at the bit to get in the gym and bust ass! inspirational!

still waiting for you to work in the 10-15 rep range and put on some serious size and strength! :P :D

DB's only go up to 130's so that's it for that but I'm gonna keep on hammering away with em till I get to 30 reps.  Man one day I'm just gonna say fuck it and go nuts and see just how strong I can get.....
nasser=piece of shit

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #431 on: July 24, 2007, 09:23:06 AM »
I've been doing somethings that are a littel out of the norm for me outside of my weight training, I don't know how they're gonna effect things and I don't really want to go into it just yet but if things work out the way I want them to I'll be thrilled.

today I did:

declines-260*27RP, 20 second static

I only got 16 reps with the 55's on my widowmaker.  I was soaking wet for some reason and shaking a little so something wasn't right before I even started.  I prolly should have sat back and relaxed for a few minutes before trying these but I got a little too excited and went for it anyway.  I'm not the kind of guy who sweats alot when I train so this was very out of the norm for me.  I'm gonna chalk this one up as an aborition and not worry too much about it, I'll get it next time.

I did rest for about 10 minutes afterwards and everything else went well:

PBN-155*31RP on the smith, 16 second static

assisted dips-25lbs of assistance, got 30 reps, last rep took forever but I got it.

did my stretches and got out of there, no cardio today cause something just wasn't right.  I'll hit it tomorrow.
nasser=piece of shit

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #432 on: July 24, 2007, 09:30:58 AM »
I am back to volume training. ;D
just push some weight!

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #433 on: July 24, 2007, 09:32:22 AM »

no way, that's so unlike you 8)
nasser=piece of shit

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #434 on: July 25, 2007, 05:38:18 AM »

Wow was that more than  a week b4 u changed. a record.

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #435 on: July 25, 2007, 06:58:26 AM »
One week exactly. The good news is that I think I will incorporate a DC style routine at the end of my volume routine. ;D
just push some weight!

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #436 on: July 25, 2007, 07:27:15 AM »
Haha, im so proud....well good luck watever ur up to!!

NAt Al, wat are ur fave leg exercise for tear drop?? (just curious).

My 3 leg workouts for quads look like this at the mo....

Low rep:front squat
Widow maker:back squat

Low rep:unilateral squat
WM:Uni squat (just on right at the mo-slightly smaller).

Low rep:Back squat
WM:1 1/2 leg press/

Started doing 1 and a 1/2 leg press with heals off the bottom of the machine pushing more with upper part of foot and with legs closer....trying to hit tear drop??

davie

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #437 on: July 25, 2007, 09:15:57 AM »
Haha, im so proud....well good luck watever ur up to!!

NAt Al, wat are ur fave leg exercise for tear drop?? (just curious).

My 3 leg workouts for quads look like this at the mo....

Low rep:front squat
Widow maker:back squat

Low rep:unilateral squat
WM:Uni squat (just on right at the mo-slightly smaller).

Low rep:Back squat
WM:1 1/2 leg press/

Started doing 1 and a 1/2 leg press with heals off the bottom of the machine pushing more with upper part of foot and with legs closer....trying to hit tear drop??

davie

all of my leg movements are aimed at 2 things, first it's to bring out the sweep on the side of the thigh, second I want to concentrate on the "tear drop".  I've never wanted to walk around like tom platz, it just was never my thing.  My legs aren't "huge" by any stretch of the imagination, in fact during my time when i was going to school full time and not really training I really didn't do much work for my thighs at all but they're "decent" in terms of what I want to develope.  I would do 3 movements to accentuate the sweep and teardrop, first good old fashioned hach squats, legs high on the platform and close together, push with the hells.  2nd leg presses pretty much done in the same fashion.  3rd-and i don't do these right now cause of my back-I'd do smith machine squats, legs together and out in front of you so at the mid-point of the movement it looks like you're sitting in a chair if that makes sense...go ass to ankles.  those should hit the teardrop and the sweep pretty damn good.  Front squats are also an option but they really hurt my back so I can't really speak on them.
nasser=piece of shit

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #438 on: July 25, 2007, 03:21:31 PM »
all of my leg movements are aimed at 2 things, first it's to bring out the sweep on the side of the thigh, second I want to concentrate on the "tear drop".  I've never wanted to walk around like tom platz, it just was never my thing.  My legs aren't "huge" by any stretch of the imagination, in fact during my time when i was going to school full time and not really training I really didn't do much work for my thighs at all but they're "decent" in terms of what I want to develope.  I would do 3 movements to accentuate the sweep and teardrop, first good old fashioned hach squats, legs high on the platform and close together, push with the hells.  2nd leg presses pretty much done in the same fashion.  3rd-and i don't do these right now cause of my back-I'd do smith machine squats, legs together and out in front of you so at the mid-point of the movement it looks like you're sitting in a chair if that makes sense...go ass to ankles.  those should hit the teardrop and the sweep pretty damn good.  Front squats are also an option but they really hurt my back so I can't really speak on them.

Haha thanks bro, but what amusing is this:
1. I dont have hack squat machine, would BB hacks do (my bum gets in way sumtimes doing them)?
2.My leg press has set weight stack which i can do all of with 1 leg for 10 reps-hench the 1 and a 1/2 presses, tho i thought lower foot pacement would be better for tear drop, but il try higher placement, with closer feet.
3. gym doesnt have smith machine.

Probs should have said that in the 1st place.

davie

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #439 on: July 26, 2007, 04:35:41 AM »
Haha thanks bro, but what amusing is this:
1. I dont have hack squat machine, would BB hacks do (my bum gets in way sumtimes doing them)?
2.My leg press has set weight stack which i can do all of with 1 leg for 10 reps-hench the 1 and a 1/2 presses, tho i thought lower foot pacement would be better for tear drop, but il try higher placement, with closer feet.
3. gym doesnt have smith machine.

Probs should have said that in the 1st place.

davie

never done regular free weight hack squats, or at least I don't remember doing them.  I might have back in the late 80's when i was working out at a real hardcore gym and trying tons of different stuff. 

here is what I would suggest....one of my movements would be sissy squats, I like these alot even though I don't use them a whole lot, next I would work on front squats-feet together and maybe heels on a 10lbs plate to help you balance.  third movement would probably be something like box squats or some squat variation....let me think on this for a little bit and let me know what you think and we'll go from there.
nasser=piece of shit

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #440 on: July 26, 2007, 11:54:36 AM »
here's what I did for legs today, I felt really worn out and didn't do a few things I like to do before I train legs but I gave it a go anyway.

calves-toe press 565*12 done in DC fashion with a few partials at the end, I think I got 20. 

sumo leg press-575*13SS with a 25 second static at the end

Leg Press-625*22SS, with 25 partials.  My left knee has been bothering me off and on for some reason, there doesn't seem to be anything consistant as to why it's hurting.  Sometimes it will hurt on the day I do chest sometimes it won't hurt on leg day at all.  Today it hurt for some reason.  I did what I could do.  I actually like the higher rep ranges for some quad movements but some other ones I like moving the heavy weight.  I wanted to get to 1000lbs on these but I don't know now...we'll see.

I did my stretches and got the hell out of dodge.
nasser=piece of shit

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #441 on: July 27, 2007, 04:49:53 PM »
felt like dogshit this morning, just totally worn out so I skpped my AM cardio session.  I finally made it into the gym really late:

assisted pull ups-50lbs of assistance-31 reps rest paused, 25 second static.

machine row-11 plates for 35 reps RP, plates ain't marked so I just keep track of the plates.

2 hand hammers-65*24RP with a 22 second static

hammer curls-45*30/31RP

did a max ot cardio session afterwards..
nasser=piece of shit

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #442 on: July 30, 2007, 09:19:51 AM »
pretty much done with this blast, I'll prolly ride it out for another week and that will be it.  the weights just seem so f'n heavy right now and 2 weeks ago they were flying for me.  I thought maybe I might be burnt out but wanted to take a weekend off of all training and everything BB related and see if that did any good..it didn't.  Here's what I got today:

Inline-250*23RP, no static.

Widowmaker-55*18, got 2 more reps but still...I should still be getting at least 20

PBN-150*31RP, better...20 second static

overhead rope extentions-55*31RP, killer..I really really like these.

did cardio this morning.  max ot style.
nasser=piece of shit

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #443 on: July 30, 2007, 09:35:00 AM »
pretty much done with this blast, I'll prolly ride it out for another week and that will be it.  the weights just seem so f'n heavy right now and 2 weeks ago they were flying for me.  I thought maybe I might be burnt out but wanted to take a weekend off of all training and everything BB related and see if that did any good..it didn't.  Here's what I got today:

Inline-250*23RP, no static.

Widowmaker-55*18, got 2 more reps but still...I should still be getting at least 20

PBN-150*31RP, better...20 second static

overhead rope extentions-55*31RP, killer..I really really like these.

did cardio this morning.  max ot style.

what grip do you like to use on your inclines and benching buddy?!  ???

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #444 on: July 30, 2007, 10:07:19 AM »
what grip do you like to use on your inclines and benching buddy?!  ???

I dunno...I go with my hands a little cloer together to hit the pecs a little harder, I dont' lock out mosst of the time and if I do it's only for a second.....
nasser=piece of shit

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #445 on: July 31, 2007, 09:37:05 AM »
really good day today, don't know why but I felt alot better than yesturday:

calf sled-390*12 done in DC fashion with 15 partials at the end.

lying leg curl-170*20RP, 20 second static

v-squat-625*7 and then I got 22 reps on my leg press widowmaker with 330lbs, I also did a 60 second static with 140lbs on the leg extention and my stretches.  Legs are throbbing right now 8)
nasser=piece of shit

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #446 on: August 04, 2007, 08:46:52 AM »
Thursday I did:

Behind the back pulldowns-132*31RP with a 20 second static.

REverse grip BB Row-185*30RP

Drag Curl-145*21 with a static, range of motion sucked so I might take a step back on the weight next time, I know that's not really a dc thing but I think I over estimated what I could do.

pinwheel curls-35*28/31RP, more reps with my right than my left.

I also did a max-ot cardio session.

Friday I did:

assisted dips-50lbs of assistance, 34 reps rest paused, went down as low as possible and held it for a 2 count, exploded up and came down really, really slow.

machine laterals-50lbs for 25 reps rest paused-first time

bench dips-55lbs*32 straight set.

new movements, I'm kinda tryin things out for the next blast, I did another max-ot cardio session.

today I did abs and max-ot cardio.
nasser=piece of shit

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #447 on: August 06, 2007, 09:47:56 AM »
LEGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

calves-1 legged donkeys-165*12/13 reps done DC style and then 40 partials, both legs with the stack.

seated leg curl-175*27RP, 23 second static, hard as hell, most I've ever done for this many reps.

Hack Squat-370*4, personal best, never even came close to it before 8) 8)

then I got 20 reps with 330 on my widowmaker movement.
nasser=piece of shit

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #448 on: August 08, 2007, 05:54:32 AM »
LEGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

calves-1 legged donkeys-165*12/13 reps done DC style and then 40 partials, both legs with the stack.

seated leg curl-175*27RP, 23 second static, hard as hell, most I've ever done for this many reps.

Hack Squat-370*4, personal best, never even came close to it before 8) 8)

then I got 20 reps with 330 on my widowmaker movement.

DAMN! What did they feed you before you did this? SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAD A BADASS DAY MAN! Way to bring it home AL!

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #449 on: August 08, 2007, 07:48:41 AM »
well....this blast is pretty much over.  I'm gonna take next week off and recover and start again fresh.  I've got alot of changes that I'm thinking of throwing in, some major, some might just be a tweak here or there.  First, I'm thinking of going back to the classic 2 way split.  this would be set up with bodyparts grouped like this:

chest, shoulders, tri's, back width and back thickness for workout 1

bi's, forearms, calfs, hamstrings and quads for workout 2

I went with the more advanced split I was using for a few reasons, first I wanted to really blast my chest and use the widowmaker on it, it was suggested to me that to get the most out of this I needed to go to the more advaced split.  Second, I was doing cardio after training so because of time constraints I just couldn't squeeze it all in using the basic split.

Looking at things in a realistic way, I made alot of good gains doing what I was doing, I really like the higher reps I started to use.  Problem is my legs, back, arms and shoulders all got better but my chest stayed the same...maybe it improved a little but not nearly as much as I would have liked. 

First thing I'm gonna do is totally revamp my chest workout.  When I came up with it I picked 3 classical pressing movements and went from there.  Incline, Decline and hammer inclines, sounded good on paper but it's just not getting the job done.  I'm gonna start off with dips using the assistance machine and starting with 30 reps rest paused.  I'm gonna be a little more aggressive with my weight increases here and I'm gonna try like a mother fucker to keep my reps above 20.  I used to love these and I don't know why I moved away from them.  2nd movement is gonna be something I moved away from cause I honestly don't believe it worked the way I was doing it.  I'm gonna start doing DB presses again.  The change I'm gonna make is hard to explain, instead of classical DB presses I'm gonna really go deep with the stretch, reps will be high to begin with.  For both movements I'm gonna pause in the stretched position for a 2 count-1 onethousand, 2 onethousand and explode up.  3rd I'm gonna keep the decline but I'm gonna pile the weight on, instead of 255 for 30RP, I'm gonna bump it right up to 285 and just hammer away at it.  I'm gonna up my strech to 90 seconds. 

hope that wasn't to boring of a post but I wanted to get it down and make things official.

nasser=piece of shit