Author Topic: Natural Al's DC training Journal  (Read 182101 times)

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Natural Al's DC training Journal
« Reply #550 on: January 25, 2008, 07:45:40 AM »
it's all good.  training is "rushed" so I get in and out really fast, heavy as I can go and out the door.

are you posting over at IM?

Haha busted lol.

yeh i am, i like it here, but its Dc al the way over there, so i spend most of time there wen im on the comp.

Im about 20lbs up now in just over a year.

haha just munchwed backed potato with cottage cheeese, adn big chicken breast like an hour 15mins ago, and im hungry again. Think il just repeat it again lol.

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #551 on: January 25, 2008, 11:01:13 AM »
this is just crazy stuff, man. i'll definitely be keeping tabs on it. i love checking out severely unorthodox styles like this.

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #552 on: January 25, 2008, 11:24:33 AM »
this is just crazy stuff, man. i'll definitely be keeping tabs on it. i love checking out severely unorthodox styles like this.

throw some questions in if you have em, I've been pretty lazy with this thing for the last few months so I feel like I need to make up for lost time...lol.
nasser=piece of shit

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #553 on: January 29, 2008, 08:44:10 AM »
got in a couple of good workouts this weekend...man, I really want to keep this updated but I'm swamped right now.  I started squatting again so that's cool.  I'm hoping to move  some heavy weight on this when everything is said and done.  Knee's are bothering me but I don't think that has anything to do with the weights I think it's just a fluke thing, same with the hamstring thing last week. 

Next workout is Thursday so I'll update after that.
nasser=piece of shit

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #554 on: January 31, 2008, 05:03:41 AM »
declines-265*16RP, on a smith...right elbow bothered me during these which was odd.  I don't think I went as all oout as I would have liked.  I was very disappointed when it was all said and done.  Did a 60 second stretch at the end.

Fly Machine-92.5*18RP with a 20 second static, super-duper slow neagatives

PJR Pullover-This is talked about alot over at IM, it's hard to describe so if anyone is interested I'll copy and past a link...I got 20 reps with an 80lbs DB Rest Paused.

Behind the neck Pulldowns-156*22RP, still getting used to this, slooooow neagatives for the first 2 "sets" a little less slow for the last one, I only come down to about ear level, hurts my shoulder if I go lower.

T-Bar-Barbell in the corner with a seated row handle, 4 plates for 5 reps and then 18 reps with 2 plates..done more like a drop set than 2 straight sets.  I've never really done these so I love em right off the bat, we'll see how I feel about them in a few weeks ;D ;D ;D

ate like a pig yesturday and was bummed when I got on the scale >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
nasser=piece of shit

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #555 on: February 14, 2008, 05:28:43 AM »
kinda a quickie for my last workout, I hurt my hand a little so I skipped bi's and forearms, I probably could have done it but it's just starting to get better and I don't want to risk anything. 

legs-

toe press-655*8 done DC style, I did some partials afterwards to failure, I probably got about 12. 

Sumo Leg Press-665*12 done as a straight set.

leg press-670*20 straight set, my left knee was bothering me at about 15 reps so I'm gonna start rest pausing this and see if that helps.  my knee never really bothers me, there's something wrong but I don't think it's anything major. 

I did the DC stretches for hamstrings and quads afterwards and the knee wasn't bothering me at all so maybe my foot position needs to be looked at, the leg press I use is not my favorite but it's all I have access to. 

nasser=piece of shit

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #556 on: February 25, 2008, 06:45:03 AM »
man I suck at keeping this thing up...

Friday went something like this-

drag curls-170*16RP w/a static
Hammer curls-45-31RP
Paramount Calf-175*12 with partials to failure
leg curl seated-170*21RP
Squat-300*5
          160*20

Sunday:

Decline-275*16RP
lateral machine-97.5*14RP with a static
PJR Pullover 85*18RP
behind the neck pulldown-165*22RP
seated row-270*6
                 205*15

I did something extra for chest..not really DC but I wanted to try it out...I don't really want to say what it is until I figure out if it works or not.  nothing special just something I don't usually do.
nasser=piece of shit

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #557 on: February 25, 2008, 11:47:30 AM »
my man, i would LOVE to see what kind of progress you've made physique-wise with this program. some of that sounds absolutely brutal (16 RP reps on the decline with 275? yikes)

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #558 on: February 25, 2008, 12:33:08 PM »
my man, i would LOVE to see what kind of progress you've made physique-wise with this program. some of that sounds absolutely brutal (16 RP reps on the decline with 275? yikes)
initially when I went all out I went from about 194 which I was for about 2 years to about 215ish (I think I hit about 213 but I"m not sure this was a couple of years ago.).  this was over about 6 weeks but I ate like a machine, waist got a little bigger but not much.  I've had alot of personal problems and some health issues I've been dealing with, it's no longer in my best interest to try to get gigantic-not that I was ever gigantic but I was pretty big for my height and I'm natty ;D

right now the goal is to bring up some weak bodyparts like my sorry ass chest and work on getting "in shape", I'm about 200lbs at about 5'7 so I'm not a beast but this program has gotten me strong as hell on some movements.  I'd love to see what could happen if I really went all out and tried to get as big as possible but I don't see that happening anymore, I just can't eat as much as I should due to some digestive issues.  I had to scale alot of things back.  oh, well....

those declines were on a smith...sorry I forgot to mention that.
nasser=piece of shit

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #559 on: February 25, 2008, 02:26:20 PM »
good to see you back posting man! BRUTAL rep work..jesus!

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #560 on: February 26, 2008, 02:19:26 AM »
Always meant to ask u al, with ur lower back probs....do u wear a belt with all back work/deads etc??

davie

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #561 on: February 26, 2008, 04:30:32 AM »
Always meant to ask u al, with ur lower back probs....do u wear a belt with all back work/deads etc??

davie
anytime my back is at risk or there's gonna be any torque on it at all I wear my belt.  If I'm on a hammer row machine and my torso is supported I won't wear it but when I do t-bars, BB rows or seated rows it's on.  Squats-wether they're free weight or on a smith it's on, hack squats.  even standing curls..any overhead pressing movement.  I really should have it checked out but I think one of 2 things is gonna happen either they're gonna tell me I need surgery or I'll be going to a chiropractor for years on end..I don't wnat to do either.
nasser=piece of shit

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #562 on: February 26, 2008, 06:35:54 AM »
anytime my back is at risk or there's gonna be any torque on it at all I wear my belt.  If I'm on a hammer row machine and my torso is supported I won't wear it but when I do t-bars, BB rows or seated rows it's on.  Squats-wether they're free weight or on a smith it's on, hack squats.  even standing curls..any overhead pressing movement.  I really should have it checked out but I think one of 2 things is gonna happen either they're gonna tell me I need surgery or I'll be going to a chiropractor for years on end..I don't wnat to do either.

haha fair enough....i 2 have suffered from lower back probs, ligament troubles in lower right back, led to sciatica (when the pain goes right down to ur calfs). I think i found actually that heavy but high rep rp'd SLDL actually helped as it worked my lower back and hammies, and i read sumwer that alot of lower back pain can come from week and neglected hamstrings?!

Iv just started back with heavy deads and squats and even tho im using about 10kg's less than a few blast ago (i lowered weight and im building it back up), iv decided to wear the belt, the old prevention better than cure notion?!

Did heavy deads on friday and didnt even really fel it at al in my lower back, great!! lets see what happens when i hit heavy low rep squats this friday, as i tend to lean foreward on heavy squats (dont know how to fix it either)??

On a side note my friend, im cycling back in powerlaterals after not using them for a while. after i stall on htem i was thinking of trying power cable laterals (one arm at a time)....any views?

Tho im loving pressing movements for shoulders and feel there improving alot!!

davie

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #563 on: March 06, 2008, 04:56:01 AM »
haha fair enough....i 2 have suffered from lower back probs, ligament troubles in lower right back, led to sciatica (when the pain goes right down to ur calfs). I think i found actually that heavy but high rep rp'd SLDL actually helped as it worked my lower back and hammies, and i read sumwer that alot of lower back pain can come from week and neglected hamstrings?!

Iv just started back with heavy deads and squats and even tho im using about 10kg's less than a few blast ago (i lowered weight and im building it back up), iv decided to wear the belt, the old prevention better than cure notion?!

Did heavy deads on friday and didnt even really fel it at al in my lower back, great!! lets see what happens when i hit heavy low rep squats this friday, as i tend to lean foreward on heavy squats (dont know how to fix it either)??

On a side note my friend, im cycling back in powerlaterals after not using them for a while. after i stall on htem i was thinking of trying power cable laterals (one arm at a time)....any views?

Tho im loving pressing movements for shoulders and feel there improving alot!!

davie

hey, it all sounds good...

last workout-

Inclines-245*16RP (2 more reps than last time, really slow negatives.)
Military Press-230*15RP-I'm lowering the weight alot farther than in the past, both of the pressing movements were done on a smith

skipped tri's cause my elbow was bothering me.

front pulldowns-230*16RP
BB Row-265*6 (2 more reps than last time)
           225*12 with a reverse grip

decent, not great but decent.
nasser=piece of shit

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #564 on: March 06, 2008, 05:03:20 AM »
Sounds good bro, looking strong!!

Chest getting better??

Im now basing alot of chest work around inclines. Im doing BB incline/DB incline/upright machine press (holding lower/decline handles).

Im thinking of getting local rugby club set up with a gym, squat stand, pullup bar/dip bar. Good Db's and discs.

+see if they'll buy cheap smith machine (about £300 one), so can do vertical leg press.aswell as having more options e.g. smith incline press/smith BNP.

davie

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #565 on: March 06, 2008, 05:31:11 AM »
Sounds good bro, looking strong!!

Chest getting better??

Im now basing alot of chest work around inclines. Im doing BB incline/DB incline/upright machine press (holding lower/decline handles).

Im thinking of getting local rugby club set up with a gym, squat stand, pullup bar/dip bar. Good Db's and discs.

+see if they'll buy cheap smith machine (about £300 one), so can do vertical leg press.aswell as having more options e.g. smith incline press/smith BNP.

davie

man, I'd think of getting a power rack first if it was me, I would probably use the PR more but I only have one at the place I'm at and it's hardly ever open.  Love it when guys are doing curls on it and all >:(

I'm doing something that's not really recommended by DC for my chest at the end of my workouts, I don't really want to get into it cause...well, it's not DC.  I think it's working but it's to early to tell.  I'm also using a ton of weight on my stretch for chest but it's a lot shorter of a timeframe....
nasser=piece of shit

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #566 on: March 06, 2008, 07:34:12 AM »
Why have u shortened the stretch time??

I hate the stretches, but hear they help with the results so who am i to argue, gotta just shut up and do them.

There is already squat stands (can also slide bench in to do presses for chest and shoulders). So the smith will just add extra excercise options.See what i mean?

Will alsomean only the team using it, no wee kids hogging the bench (my gym i use is getting rediculous).

davie

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #567 on: March 06, 2008, 07:52:16 AM »
Why have u shortened the stretch time??

I hate the stretches, but hear they help with the results so who am i to argue, gotta just shut up and do them.

There is already squat stands (can also slide bench in to do presses for chest and shoulders). So the smith will just add extra excercise options.See what i mean?

Will alsomean only the team using it, no wee kids hogging the bench (my gym i use is getting rediculous).

davie

just trying something new, I did stretches up to 90 seconds with the 40's and I just wanted to try going a little heavier so I grabbed the 80's and I could only hold them for about 30 seconds in the stretched position....I've only done it twice so I can't say if it's any better or worse. 
nasser=piece of shit

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #568 on: March 06, 2008, 08:32:11 AM »
If you want to see a pic of my boy natural al all you have to do is pick up your dictionary and look under dedication. 8)
just push some weight!

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #569 on: March 06, 2008, 08:43:15 AM »
If you want to see a pic of my boy natural al all you have to do is pick up your dictionary and look under dedication. 8)
well thank you alexxx...where have you been?  I did see you in 300....good job.
nasser=piece of shit

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #570 on: March 06, 2008, 08:58:44 AM »
What scene was alexx in??Good work mate?!

Fair enough al, iv thought about other workouts, but wen i think about it, i love whast im doing, and im stronger than ever, and heaviest iv ever been too.

I cant wait 2 get a back squat widow maker with 300lbs, im a ways off that yet tho lol.

What u think of rugby gym?

Will be much more for serious lifters. Squat stands.bars for deadlifting/cleans etc. Pull-up/dip bars. Lots of DB's, hopefully a smith too.

davie

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #571 on: March 06, 2008, 09:22:37 AM »
What scene was alexx in??Good work mate?!

Fair enough al, iv thought about other workouts, but wen i think about it, i love whast im doing, and im stronger than ever, and heaviest iv ever been too.

I cant wait 2 get a back squat widow maker with 300lbs, im a ways off that yet tho lol.

What u think of rugby gym?

Will be much more for serious lifters. Squat stands.bars for deadlifting/cleans etc. Pull-up/dip bars. Lots of DB's, hopefully a smith too.

davie

the more hardcore the gym is the better.  here in the US there's not a whole lot of good gyms left..they're all "fitness centers" now.  REally, working out at the local rec center is just as good as the local world gym.  that's sad.
nasser=piece of shit

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #572 on: March 06, 2008, 05:39:47 PM »
the more hardcore the gym is the better.  here in the US there's not a whole lot of good gyms left..they're all "fitness centers" now.  REally, working out at the local rec center is just as good as the local world gym.  that's sad.

how true. i prefer the cheaper gyms just because the environment's so much more conducive to lifting. i'm damn grateful the school here has a pretty harsh gym atop the hill, otherwise i'd go crazy.

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #573 on: March 07, 2008, 04:58:47 AM »
how true. i prefer the cheaper gyms just because the environment's so much more conducive to lifting. i'm damn grateful the school here has a pretty harsh gym atop the hill, otherwise i'd go crazy.

man...trooponin works out at a gym about 15 mins away from my house, I work on the other side of town so it's really out of the way to go there.  We used to have a nice hardcore gym by my old house, 180lbs DB's, no cario stuff just a bunch of cool hardcore stuff but that's a nice drive away.  the other good gym by me just switched owners so I have to go up there and see what's going on, it used to be called "the weight station" and it was great, tons of old machine's like nautilus, they have a power lifting team that works out there, an outside gym that's fenced in...just great.  if I get a job on my side of town that's where I"m gonna train, I've never had a bad workout there...you just don't see that anymore.

I used to go to one of the original powerhouse gyms right outside of detroit and tons of great local BBers worked out there and everyone trained thier asses off.  I drove by the other day and it's just gone.  I asked around and someone told me they were gonna move across the street to a bigger place, closed for the move and never re-opened.  The gym I started off in was just like that PH, tons of big guys...I think we had at least 4 or 5 national level BB when I started out and a bunch of Mr. Michigans worked out there.....now it's a rehab center :'(

where have all the good gyms gone?
nasser=piece of shit

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #574 on: March 07, 2008, 06:57:52 AM »
Thanks. I was in a couple of scenes Davie but the one you may see is the back scene. It's just like 3 seconds of a close up on my back opening the gate for the king. It was pretty cool.

I'm still around. ;)
just push some weight!