Author Topic: The WICKED truth about my training  (Read 368113 times)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
Re: The WICKED truth about my training
« Reply #150 on: June 14, 2007, 08:13:15 AM »
Two new back shots...Obviously I'm putting on more fat than I though. That's just with the few lbs I've put on since the last pic. I posted a standing relaxed that shows off my mad ILS skills and a rear lat spread. To put things into perspective. I've got a 36in waist and I'm praying that I can get my back and shoulders wide enough to make it "appear" smaller. Sad thing is, even at 185lbs a few years ago, my waist was a 32.  :-\  Genetics are a bitch. I do like how my middle back thickness is coming and I'm starting to pic up traps. I did have some front shots but they came out like shit on my phone. I'll try to get some more later when I get out of the office...

Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions? Rude comments?   :-X ;D

standing relaxed

half ass one armed cell phone pic lat spread. I'm working on pulling my thumbs into my sides and forward to give a slimming effect to my waist and try to spread my scapula out farther. Either way. Updated from the last few lbs.

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #151 on: June 14, 2007, 08:54:58 AM »
My width has increased in the delts from wide grip upright rows, stopping at the lower chest.  6-12 reps for 3-4 sets has been good.  Keep working on the upper back width (pullups, pulldowns, pullovers).  You are doing good.  I'm not sure what the diet looks like but I'm sure there are some things you can cut out to make the waist smaller.  I've seen guys with more BF on cycle eat really clean and drop their guts and the juice helps them still build.  Do some walking cardio each day for your heart and a little fat burning affect.
Squishy face retard

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #152 on: June 14, 2007, 09:03:25 AM »
My width has increased in the delts from wide grip upright rows, stopping at the lower chest.  6-12 reps for 3-4 sets has been good.  Keep working on the upper back width (pullups, pulldowns, pullovers).  You are doing good.  I'm not sure what the diet looks like but I'm sure there are some things you can cut out to make the waist smaller.  I've seen guys with more BF on cycle eat really clean and drop their guts and the juice helps them still build.  Do some walking cardio each day for your heart and a little fat burning affect.

I'm going to start my dieting 4 weeks out from finishing my cycle to do just that. Trim down as much as possible while on to try and save alot of my hard earned muscle which I know is hiding under there somewhere. I eat good clean foods but, I just eat alot of it. 4k cals a day. My diet example for today is..

breakfast: shake
meal 1:  2 cups oatmeal with 2 tables spoons peanut butter
meals 2-4:  2.5lbs of steak with 2 sweet potatoes
meal 5: shake and sugar free shredded wheat cereal
meal 6: din din!  ;D ;D  Meat with 3-4 eggs and raw veggies
meal 7: shake

I'm getting about 1200 cals from the milk and the protein mix in the shakes, about 1600 from all the meat I eat during the day, and about 800-900 from the other carb sources. If I'm still hungry I'll toss in half a peanut butter sandwich or a salad.

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #153 on: June 15, 2007, 01:22:25 AM »
It's a bit hard to tell from those pics mate but it looks like you have a lot of muscle under there and are quite wide across the whole back, tbh i really am looking forward to when you cut up a little. Just don't loose to much muscle while you do it......but i guess that is the real trick isn't it.

32" isn't too bad mate, i think my waist is like 31" at its best (although i have not measured in a while) and I'd say I'm way smaller than you across the shoulders.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #154 on: June 15, 2007, 05:54:53 AM »
It's a bit hard to tell from those pics mate but it looks like you have a lot of muscle under there and are quite wide across the whole back, tbh i really am looking forward to when you cut up a little. Just don't loose to much muscle while you do it......but i guess that is the real trick isn't it.

32" isn't too bad mate, i think my waist is like 31" at its best (although i have not measured in a while) and I'd say I'm way smaller than you across the shoulders.

Yeah here's hoping right?!  ;D  I'm trying to become less concerned with my weight and more concerned with my look. Hard pill to swallow that's for sure.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #155 on: June 15, 2007, 01:11:06 PM »
I'm going to start my dieting 4 weeks out from finishing my cycle to do just that. Trim down as much as possible while on to try and save alot of my hard earned muscle which I know is hiding under there somewhere. I eat good clean foods but, I just eat alot of it. 4k cals a day. My diet example for today is..

I'm getting about 1200 cals from the milk and the protein mix in the shakes, about 1600 from all the meat I eat during the day, and about 800-900 from the other carb sources. If I'm still hungry I'll toss in half a peanut butter sandwich or a salad.
whoa wait a minute, are you saying that you eat 7.5 pounds of steak a day?

Joey Tito

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #156 on: June 15, 2007, 01:17:18 PM »

No offense dude but if youre really eating that much per day you should be 270 ripped :-\

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: June 15, 2007, 01:36:17 PM »
No offense dude but if youre really eating that much per day you should be 270 ripped :-\
he has to mean 2.5 pounds total for the three meals not 2.5 for every meal, there's no way that he eats 7.5 pounds of steak a day.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #158 on: June 15, 2007, 02:25:56 PM »
he has to mean 2.5 pounds total for the three meals not 2.5 for every meal, there's no way that he eats 7.5 pounds of steak a day.

HAHAHA HELL NO! You guessed it right. I eat 2.5lbs of cooked steak for that section of meals at the office. I just eat til I'm full and put it aside and eat some more off and on til it's gone. As long as I'm finished eating within the alotted time frame I'm happy. Fuck eating that much steak a day. Good lord.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #159 on: June 15, 2007, 02:41:39 PM »
BACK  TODAY WAS A GOOD DAY!

plate loaded pulldowns:

180x10x1 warmup after stretching
325x10x1
325x10x1  time to move up. It's not getting easier, but two sets of 10 is a sign.

bent over barbell rows:

135x15x1 warmup
315x10x1
365x10x1
400x4x1...plus 1 shrug!  ;D It was too tempting not to try. The first 4 were done with DECENT form. I say decent, I stayed bent over 45* but that last rep had me lrowing like Steve Paszuzu.(JK STEVE!) Once it became a shrug the jig was up. I'm not ready for it yet.

hammer strength high pulls: unilaterally...

4plates per sidex10x1
4plates per sidex10x1
5plates per sidex waste of time x1  only two reps...
4plates per sidex8x1 bombed out, after the 2 reps with 5 I dumped a plate each side and and finished my 10 reps.

lat machine pulldowns:

70lbsx12x2  polished it off.

BICEPS

I've noticed on my biceps, when the it splits when flexed, the inner head is huge and the outer head has the thickness of a ritz cracker. I think I can make up for my lack in arm size by adding hammer curls in each work out to try and build that up. Years of doing regular curls and ez bar curls have produces this little issue.  :-\

seated alternating dumbbell curls:  MADE PROGRESS!

65lbsx8x1
65lbsx7x1+1rp  had to pause for a few seconds to get the last one.

cable rope hammer curls: unilaterally..  I know squad and pump recommended cables for helping put on some extra size so I'm giving it a go for awhile to see what I can get from them.

75lbsx10x1
75lbsx10x1

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #160 on: June 15, 2007, 03:53:49 PM »
HAHAHA HELL NO! You guessed it right. I eat 2.5lbs of cooked steak for that section of meals at the office. I just eat til I'm full and put it aside and eat some more off and on til it's gone. As long as I'm finished eating within the alotted time frame I'm happy. Fuck eating that much steak a day. Good lord.
oh ok man i was gonna say FUCCK that's a lot of steak ;D, i love steak too and eat some every day, awesome for strength

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #161 on: June 15, 2007, 03:56:15 PM »
damn man i just looked at your workout for the day, good lord that's a lot of weight, awesome job, i can only dream of a 400 pound bb row, in all seriousness good job on those weights.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #162 on: June 15, 2007, 10:45:56 PM »
damn man i just looked at your workout for the day, good lord that's a lot of weight, awesome job, i can only dream of a 400 pound bb row, in all seriousness good job on those weights.

Yeah I love steak. And it's easy to take down too. And inexpensive considering. Butcher cuts it for me. I believe it's called flank and shoulder steaks for around 6 dollars for that much meat each day. Cheap compared to chicken or fish and I can't cook a fucking fish to save my life.

If you're a naturally strong guy and gain strength in your movements relatively easily, once you get used to teh movement, growing stronger in that movement should be easy. I was doing 8 plate t-bar rows for sets before I moved gyms only because I coudln't fit more weight on there, so heavier barbell rows came easily. Like I said though, not up to 400 yet and it might end up being too much for me but 3 wheels and some on the side still is nice to look at.  ;D

Guys gotta remember though that I'm using too, if I wasn't using I do'nt think I'd be anywhere near this heavy and wonder what it'll be like when I come off.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #163 on: June 16, 2007, 02:34:51 PM »
LEGS!

squats:

135x15x1
315x10x1
405x10x1 EASY TODAY!
465x5x1 GOT 3 MORE THAN LAST TIME! Could've actually gotten another one or two but didnt' want to push it.
405x6x1 ...gas'd

hacks:

4platesx10x1
8platesx10x1
8platesx12x1
10platesx8x1...could've gotten two more.  :-\

good mornings: first time doing this exercise and I really like it..though I don't feel it in my hams like most say.

135x15x1
315x10x1
315x10x1
315x10x1

then to finish it off, I strapped into some 125lb dumbbells and started up the stairs to the second floor. I went up and down twice and called it a day. I started to get light headed and didnt' want to pass out on the stairs holding that shit.

Was a decent day considering last night's shenanigans. :)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #164 on: June 17, 2007, 10:50:48 AM »
SHOULDERS

wide upright rows:   i tried to lift a 50lb tub of paint over my head and figured it would be cake just to raise it up and put it back on the shelf...WRONG! Once I hit about shoulder height with it, I had to use my other hand ot put it up there. WHICH makes me realized that no matter how badass my upright rows are, I've got to start bringing them up to my chin instead of my nipple line. What's the point of all this exercise if it's not functional beyond the gym...so now my uprights come to my chin. Had to drop the weight a little but hey, it won't take long to be back at the top.

135x10x1
185x10x1
185x8x1
160x10x1

seated plate loaded shoulder press:

90lbsx20x1 warmup
270x10x1
320x6x1
270x10x1

reverse pec dec: unilaterally....not enough weight to do both shoulders at once.

200lbsx10x1
200lbsx10x1
220lbsx8x1 and 220lbsx6x1 on the other side..  MADE PROGRESS HERE!

TRAPS

barbell shrugs:

315x10x1
500x10x1
545x10x1
600x8x1  ...the first 6 were beautiful, the last two looked more like I was having a seizure and happened to be strapped into some weight.
500x10x1

...these had NO leg involvement! just strapped in and shrugged it. After these it feels like someone is trying to pull my fucking spine out of my back with both hands. My erectors and lower traps are cussing me right now.

seated dumbbell shrugs:

125x20x1
125x40x1  fuck doing two more sets of 20, I wanted to get the hell outta there so I did 40 reps for one set.

No forearm work today. They're fried from holding all that weight in the shrugs.

side note:  Now I've been making HUGE jumps in weight lately. I'm moving up lbs from the week before week after week in some exercises. NOW, this has nothing to do with what I'm taking, what I'm eating, etc. This is a fucking mental thing. This is me not bucking up and trying to push myself harder and sitting on idle for weeks or even months at a time. I need to start pulling my head out of my ass and pushing myself.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #165 on: June 17, 2007, 10:53:45 AM »
 AND I WANT A FUCKING CORN DOG!!!  >:(

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #166 on: June 17, 2007, 05:20:40 PM »
AND I WANT A FUCKING CORN DOG!!!  >:(
hahahaha ;D I had a cheat night last night and me and the missus went out for Pizza....damn it was good!!!!

canadian_husker

• Getbig III
  • From the outside looking in you cant understand it
« Reply #167 on: June 17, 2007, 11:34:46 PM »

seated dumbbell shrugs:

125x20x1
125x40x1  fuck doing two more sets of 20, I wanted to get the hell outta there so I did 40 reps for one set.

40 reps? that's sick man. do you use straps? i can't hold onto the 100's long enough to do more than 10 reps per set
Go Big Red!!!

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: June 18, 2007, 05:16:18 AM »
40 reps? that's sick man. do you use straps? i can't hold onto the 100's long enough to do more than 10 reps per set

HA! I'm a member of getbig! Ofcourse I use straps.  ;D  I wouldn't normally use them but with heavy barbell shrugs before dumbbell shrugs, I wouldn't be able to hit it hard enough without them.

AND I GOT THAT CORNDOG FINALLY LAST NIGHT!  ;D

after all that heavy shrugging and shoulder work last night though, this morning it felt like I was humped by a 300lb whore last night. MAN I'm sore.

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #169 on: June 18, 2007, 04:08:59 PM »
after all that heavy shrugging and shoulder work last night though, this morning it felt like I was humped by a 300lb whore last night. MAN I'm sore.

Hahahaha classic line there.........oh it was a joke right :o...... ;D ;D ;D

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #170 on: June 19, 2007, 09:16:08 AM »
HAHA no it was a joke. I like'em a little smaller than that, about 250 or so.  ;) I'M KIDDING!

Remember what I said earlier about pulling my head out of my ass?!  today was one of those days...

CHEST!

flat bench:  today I learned what leg drive is...

135x15x1
315x10x1
405x4x1+2rp got two more after a rerack and set so I'll put them as a rp set even though there wasn't any rest.
405x3x1+2rp same deal here. I didn't try and push the envelope, just being under 405 again made my day.
315x10x1

fuck you 365!  >:(  This might sound retarded but, it felt easier to press 400 and more satisfying that hitting 365.

super set cable crossovers:

50lbsx10x1 high cables, low cables, and mid crossovers for 2 sets no rest. I wanted more intensity well I got it.

seated plate loaded dips: (we don't have a belt attachment for dips so this is the best I can do)

275x10x1
360x8x1
360x8x1 bent over to hit more chest than triceps.

TRICEPS  I've decided that I've got 4 total sets to hit my tris after chest work. Instead of picking one or two exercises, why not pick 4 and go as hard as I can on each exercise to hit them from as many angles as possible like I do all my other body parts.

the dips already got them tuned up...

machine extensions:  dont' like these...wanted to try something new.
140x12x1
200x8x1

laying french press:
115x10x1

v-bar handle press downs:

whole stackx11x1 

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #171 on: June 19, 2007, 04:25:23 PM »
Damn mate, nice workout, I hope your chest is screaming at you tomorrow ;D.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: June 19, 2007, 04:27:28 PM »
wicked's a strong dude, makes my pusssy ass 315 for 7 i did today look like nothing, i was happy with though, i was happier with hitting the 125's for 7 on the incline though.

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #173 on: June 19, 2007, 04:37:22 PM »
i was happier with hitting the 125's for 7 on the incline though.
Nice weight there Squat :)....do you use a low incline, if i go any higher on the incline than like the first notch i feel it all in my shoulders :P.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #174 on: June 19, 2007, 04:41:25 PM »
Nice weight there Squat :)....do you use a low incline, if i go any higher on the incline than like the first notch i feel it all in my shoulders :P.
not too high but a little higher than the first notch, maybe 35 degrees instead of 30, we have a really nice adjustable incline bench in my gym that has a nice sturdy wide back on it and you never feel unstable on it, i try to always drop the db's as low as i can and lock them out.