Author Topic: JPM101 current training  (Read 134307 times)

jpm101

• Getbig IV
Re: JPM101 current training
« Reply #150 on: September 16, 2019, 08:30:31 AM »
Yes, when I first started on GB. Somehow GB mess up my sign on name, so I added 101.

I know some, but not near everything about this or that with regards to resistance training. Can't say I'm any expert, don't think GB has room for any more "experts" anyway.

Had the advantage of being exposed to lifting from my two uncles who hung around the original Muscle Beach and other old school gyms.  And talking to older BB'ing, PL'ing and a few Olympic lifting veterans on a one to-one-bases ( I ask a lot of questions).  Just to note, Olympic lifters are the real strongmen and prime athlete's of all.  

One thing I have learned about BB'ing is to keep the workouts brief and to the point, with three workouts, four the max, per week. Pretty simple blueprint because most guys overthink what is really needed for continual advancements.  And having each workout done with serious intend, halting one or two final reps from the point of failure most of the time.

Good Luck.
F

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #151 on: September 16, 2019, 04:25:42 PM »
Yes, when I first started on GB. Somehow GB mess up my sign on name, so I added 101.

I know some, but not near everything about this or that with regards to resistance training. Can't say I'm any expert, don't think GB has room for any more "experts" anyway.

Had the advantage of being exposed to lifting from my two uncles who hung around the original Muscle Beach and other old school gyms.  And talking to older BB'ing, PL'ing and a few Olympic lifting veterans on a one to-one-bases ( I ask a lot of questions).  Just to note, Olympic lifters are the real strongmen and prime athlete's of all.  

One thing I have learned about BB'ing is to keep the workouts brief and to the point, with three workouts, four the max, per week. Pretty simple blueprint because most guys overthink what is really needed for continual advancements.  And having each workout done with serious intend, halting one or two final reps from the point of failure most of the time.

Good Luck.

I agree. Olympic lifters are the real athletes.  Olympic lifting should be called power lifting and power lifting should be called strength lifting.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #152 on: November 08, 2019, 02:11:56 AM »
Are you the same member that used to post as just JPM?

You are highly knowledgeable.

JPM is too humble.
He has forgotten more about lifting and nutrition than many serious practitioners ever learn.

If it wasn't for members like "pumpster," he may have shared even more of his knowledge early on.

"Experts" like Squadfather and pumpster would troll JPM, claiming he's a fraud and calling bullshit on lifting claims, etc. I remember a thread in which JPM had to post photographic evidence of v-shaped dipping bars because "dumpster" insisted it was a fictitious apparatus JPM conjured up. A short time after that thread, plumpster was touting the benefits of the v-bar for chest and tri's by using different grips - carrying on as if he'd invented the goddam thing!

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #153 on: November 09, 2019, 08:53:13 AM »
Montague, thanks for the thumbs ups.....and right back at you.

Didn't mine pumpster or Squadfather, there would self destruct soon or later. The more they wrote the more they exposed themselves as attention seeking frauds.  Squadfather could be funny at times and did have a small following but pumpster was generally disliked. The reflected image of Squadfather's picture in the glass sliding door was probably the final straw for him.  

Donny was another gentleman who seemed to live his  fantasies through GB. Top martial artist, boxer, of course training expert and a macho and military record to rival Rambo. Donny got along with me quite well when he first came on GB. Exchanging ideas and such in a friendly way. Than, almost overnight, he became the opposite. I remember he deleted quite a few of his past post when he was on a more friendly bases with me. And a lot of his own post that exposed some of his falsehoods. Not sure how Donny got banded from GB, but he did. Though he did get way too personal with some other guys. I generally like most everyone but with Donny and pumpster, I might make an exception. Sitting around a table with a few beers under out belts, I'm sure we would have come to better terms.

I made the big mistake of listing the weights I used in my workouts when first coming on GB.  I didn't/don't think there was anything extra extraordinary about them. Considering the men I have trained with in the past and people I have heard about in lifting circles. In some semi-private or small club gyms, there are exceptional strong men lifting ungodly amounts of weight. And not a chrome BB, DB, plate or machine anywhere in sight. A whole sub culture by it's s

Good Luck
F

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #154 on: November 09, 2019, 09:03:54 AM »
Montague, thanks for the thumbs ups.....and right back at you.

Didn't mine pumpster or Squadfather, there would self destruct soon or later. The more they wrote the more they exposed themselves as attention seeking frauds.  Squadfather could be funny at times and did have a small following but pumpster was generally disliked. The reflected image of Squadfather's picture in the glass sliding door was probably the final straw for him.  

Donny was another gentleman who seemed to live his  fantasies through GB. Top martial artist, boxer, of course training expert and a macho and military record to rival Rambo. Donny got along with me quite well when he first came on GB. Exchanging ideas and such in a friendly way. Than, almost overnight, he became the opposite. I remember he deleted quite a few of his past post when he was on a more friendly bases with me. And a lot of his own post that exposed some of his falsehoods. Not sure how Donny got banded from GB, but he did. Though he did get way too personal with some other guys. I generally like most everyone but with Donny and pumpster, I might make an exception. Sitting around a table with a few beers under out belts, I'm sure we would have come to better terms.

I made the big mistake of listing the weights I used in my workouts when first coming on GB.  I didn't/don't think there was anything extra extraordinary about them. Considering the men I have trained with in the past and people I have heard about in lifting circles. In some semi-private or small club gyms, there are exceptional strong men lifting ungodly amounts of weight. And not a chrome BB, DB, plate or machine anywhere in sight. A whole sub culture by it's s

Good Luck

LOL... I'd forgotten about Donny..
I took some time away from the board recently - a combination of having become indifferent to the common, widespread idiocy here, as well as working lots of OT while being back in the gym full-time again.

You can't "fix stupid."
But, the stupid quickly expose themselves, eventually self-imploding.

The only exception to that phenomenon is "THE EXCEPTIONALLY STUPID." These are the people who are TOO STUPID to recognize insult and/or feel shame.
To see my point, just scan through the Politics board sometime.  ;)

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #155 on: November 09, 2019, 10:13:55 AM »
Got it.

I'm just returning a bit more to GB these last few months.

The G&O section, a complete waste of time, for me anyway. A few lonely people who seek belonging, or to fit in, somewhere and almost begging to be noticed and heard. A virtual reality meeting place for them, which real day to day life situations may not offer them.  Either introverted or critically unsure of themselves. Of course the majority are average guy's trying for a bit of information or are just bored. And probably don't take the BS too seriously.

Not so much stupid, but perhaps lacking the confidence and resolve to think for themselves and do a bit of research on BB'ing, lifting or whatever in the training world. Through there seems a few low IQ individual who may falsely believe their smarter than most.  They are the ones most easily played on GB. I thought Squadfather was cleaver by half, but pumpster and Donny may have been lacking  full mental quality's (OK a bit dense).  If your going to lie and BS everyone, might try being at least half way good at it. In the final run, your only fooling yourself anyway.

Good Luck
F

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #156 on: November 18, 2019, 11:55:58 AM »
Current:  Going back to my tried and true Rest-Pause system.  12 to 15 second break between each rep. 3 sets each. 8-12 reps. Going to find that you can use a much heavier weight than normal workouts. In any event, R-P seems to ramp up gains fairly fast for a lot of guy's. Also breaking up that training boredom barrier a lot hit over time.

Example:   If benching with 220 for 8 good reps, might find your using 240-245 with that 12-15 pause between reps. I usually use 12 seconds between, but suggest nothing over the 15 second margin

A)    1. Hack trap bar squats...in PR. (PR...Power Rack)
       2. Shrug..trap bar in PR. With the thumbs forward, there is a more natural grip than with a BB.
           Same idea with the Hack squats.
       3. Chins (weighted)...Hammer grip, thumbs facing me... about a 34-36" wide grip

B)    1.  Push Press...the bar is resting on the heels of my hands and has a more inline position with
             the wrist which can generate more direct power in the overhead press.  This may also relieve,
             for some, less pressure on the wrist that a regular grip (wrap around hand). There is also a  
            slight  body dip action at the start of the push.  Not to the extent of a jerk press, with that
            strong influence of full knee action. With Push Pressing, the slight dip is just to get the bar
            started off the shoulders. Heavy bencher's may also use the bar on the heel of the hands.
            No doubt, the Push Press can be an ultimate shoulder girdle mass movement.

2.  Dip's...weighted....knuckles facing forward. For me, something to get use to, but have
             gotten favorable results. Suggest going easy at first, you can get a different muscle
             reaction than from regular dips.

Workout A on Monday.  Workout B on Weds.   Workout A on Friday.

Next Monday would be workout B.  Weds workout A    Friday workout B

the following Monday back to workout A again. etc, etc, etc...

I have also done...
Workout A on Monday
Workout B on Thurs.

That's only once a week .... per A and B

Good Luck.

F

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
« Reply #157 on: November 18, 2019, 01:08:22 PM »
How long do these workouts take you?

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #158 on: November 18, 2019, 02:18:38 PM »
Three exercises at 3 sets (9 total sets), about an hour. The 12 second pause between reps takes a bit of time over regular sets. And I rest about 4-5 minutes between exercises.

I said between 8-12 reps, but I have advanced so much at times, getting stronger between workouts, that the reps can get away from me and I wind up doing 15-16 reps a set the next workout..  All with that 12 second pause.

Have also combined the R-P with partial reps, and with some outstanding results. Of course the weight used may be near double by half the weight used in standard workouts for any given exercise. I have written many times before about partial rep training.

These type workouts, and the  results, are all in relation to the way my body adapts to training. Anyone else may not respond  the exact same way.  What works for one may not work for all.

Good Luck

Good Luck.
F

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #159 on: January 30, 2020, 12:47:51 PM »
Currently

Doing what some call "bodies in space" exercises. That would be pullup's and dips for example in my case. This is when the body, and not the exercise equipment (BB,Db, any exercise machine, etc.) is actually moving, rather than the body being stationary as your moving that exercise bar, Db's, etc.  The body remains in place while a bench bar...for example... is in motion, moving up & down. . I find that body in space movements (like pullups & dips) tend to incorporate  other supporting muscle groups that general standard exercises may not include.

Workout...usually twice a week. These two exercises are my total workout.

1)  Pullups 7-9 reps..extra wide grip  2 sets
2) Pullups...7-9 reps  hammer and middle grip   2 sets
3) Chins...7-9 reps   close grip (6 to 8 inches apart grip)  2 sets

A general understanding is that Chins are done with a underhanded curl grip, fingers facing you. Pullup's are with a overhanded grip, knuckles facing you. Hammer grips are when thumbs are facing back towards you. If you gym/training site has a pair of gymnastic rings or a rope climbing setup, might want to take advantage of that great experience also.

4) Dips 7-9 reps, I use a "V" bar so I can do narrow, middle and extra wide grips, 2 sets each. Each grip gives a different   feel to a regular dip. Again, if having a pair of gymnastic rings, might suggest giving them a try with regular dips in your program.

All the above exercises are weighted and a done with a dipping belt. With dips, it can become a chore loading up those 50lb plates, just be warned. I have used a hoisting belt in the past for dips, but don't go near that heavy any more.

On different days, twice a week, I do the Tabata interval workout program. That's 20 seconds max effort, with a 10 pause between efforts. Air-Dyne, an older model, is what I use. I do nine cycles.  Also try to get in 250-300 Hindu squats in the mornings, every other day.

Good Luck.
F

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #160 on: January 30, 2020, 06:26:29 PM »
While my routine is about a basic as one can get, yours is elaborate and sophisticated. I had to think about bodies in space for a moment before I actually got what you meant. None of the many gyms I've used has a V bar dip setup. I also had to look up the Tabata interval workout program. It seems very intense. Is it the speed the main factor that makes Hindu squats different from other squats? I've done squats where my thighs didn't go past parallel to the floor. I have a flat/no ass, so I usually focus on going as deep as possible in hopes of building some glutes.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #161 on: February 01, 2020, 10:25:25 AM »
Actually I would not call my above workout elaborate and sophisticated, pretty basic stuff, with the only exception being different grip/hand positions.  The two upper body movements would fill the needs of a lot of guy's seeking strength and adding muscle mass. Making workout too complex is only self defeating for most men, unless only applying for special programs for short periods of time..

The above is called an abbreviated workout, very workable for the person short on time or the older gentleman. As one gets older personal vanity take over from the realty that those 2 to 2 1/2 hour workout become more like manual labor than productive training.  The recovery of the CNS, is of prime importance of course, even when younger. Much more so with an older trainee. Some would add lateral raises , tricep and curl exercises to that above program.  Though the chinup and dips are excellent arm builders by themselves.

Don't have to use a "V" bar for dips, though the gym's I have visit in SoCal usually will have one. As a teenager we used (neighborhood garage gym) two 2X6's where we could move around at different angles. Some have used folding saw horse, arranging them around, for "V" style dips.

I first leaned about Hindu Squats from Matt Furey and The Royal Court exercises (look it up if interested).  That was decades ago, and have been using the Hindu squat version , on and off, since than. Just to say that Hindu squats are basic bwt squats, but with a different approach; breathing/depth/position.

I know that my saying that the 250 to 300 reps of those style squats seem suspect, by others have carried them to the 500 and higher rep range.  You develop a rhythm and flow to the movement once getting into it. And after a while, higher reps seem the normal. You don't have to use speed at first, but you will develop a natural pace and flow for yourself, which may or may not include a higher speed. Got to find out for yourself, of course. Had no personal experience that Hindu squats put undo stress on the knees, but what I have heard from the others that knees/joints become much improved.

DR Tabata developed his method for the benefit of high level athletes. It helps to develop stamina (endurance & strength). A very simple concept where max effort is performed for 20 seconds with a 10 second pause and than back to the 20 second max, etc, etc, etc..  That's called interval training, which there are dozens of form in the training world.

Can do squats (whatever form you wish....bwt, weighted), rowing machines,DL's, cleans (done that...best in my view), heavy bag work, pushups, etc, etc, etc... Involving compound exercises is on prime importance.

Good Luck.

F

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #162 on: February 01, 2020, 12:05:51 PM »
I looked up Hindu squats before my previous response to you so I won't post a idiotic reply. I think I have done as many as 4 sets of 100 rep body-weight squats. You are right in that you get into a rhythm and high numbers of reps are not that hard. They are boring though. I did them while watching television. i remember them producing an amazing pump which feels both good and weird at the same time.

After a lifetime of lifting weights and exercising, one thing has become clear and that is variety is the way to go. I bore easily.

One problem I have with exercises that require a strong grip is that my hands are weak and damaged due to osteoarthritis and carpal tunnel syndrome, which I chose not to have repaired when a friend had that surgery and it resulted in his thumbs not functioning correctly although it relieved the pain, which like mine was constant. Dips are possible for me and I actually enjoy doing them. Chin-ups and pull-ups are more difficult. I generally do these using weight assisted equipment in order to do reps.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #163 on: March 29, 2020, 09:41:01 AM »
Having a bit more time on my hands now, with my job put on limbo probably for at lease two or more months (but still on contract), I've started some old school type workouts.  Stuff I started with in high school and which still appears just as, or more, productive that some of  "modern and advance" training ideas today.

There's always been these legends about small semi private gym clubs where ungodly strong men are hoisting record breaking weight just about every workout. A myth to the general gym/spa/chrome & mirror palaces going public. Gym's where there are very few machines, if any, or even mirrors on the walls. Here's the facts, they do exist because I train at one. This is were my old school type workouts are taking place. Doesn't mean I'm special or better than anyone one else, it's just where I and some old friends of mine  workout at....and have for years.  

Workout

1...Jefferson lift...2X12.... Switching from left to right front hand position each set.

2...Harness lift...about a 3/4 ROM to the top..3X12. Can be amazed at the amount of weight one can handle in this exercise.

3...DB side press..2X7-9..not to be confused with a regular DB overhead press. A DB side press is done with one arm at a time and with a upper body bend to the opposite side of where your pressing from. Can get adjusted to using some very impressive weight here. I start and clean from the floor. Some guy's from the rack/boxes/stand.

4...Dips, weighted. 2X7-9... much overlooked power & mass movement when approached seriously. I have used chains...but now a dipping belt. (notice that decline benches are becoming popular.....actually for most , dips and a proper hand spacing can work the chest better as opposed to declines presses.....just my view only)

5...DB Hi-Pull...2X7-9...one arm at a time. Usually brace the free hand against what ever is handy.

6...Barrel cleans & press....3X6-8   We have a 55 gallon oil drum which has been loaded with water, allowing different weight to the barrel. Clean & press or just cleans give a great workout. Grabbing the narrow rims improves the grip also. Kind of fun lift for me.

Good Luck.

F

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #164 on: March 30, 2020, 12:06:24 PM »
Good stuff.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #165 on: March 30, 2020, 01:37:31 PM »
Great reading this thread - Interesting.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #166 on: June 08, 2020, 05:10:35 PM »
Current workouts  (can't really call them serious training at 48 years of age any more. Still interesting and productive)

1)   Kneeling Squats..... one knee at a time.  Not to be confused with lunges, the mechanics can be quite different.. BB on shoulders, I take a knee and touch the floor each rep, with a 1-2 second pause at the bottom. 3x6-9. You will not get the ham stretch as you may with the regular lunge.

2)BB Shrug..... Try keeping the elbows somewhat tight against the body, else the biceps can come into play...which you do not want to happen. The traps are a short range muscle, and as most short range muscles, very powerful.  Might try using different hand positions. A extra wide collar to collar grip (snatch) may give different results than the normal a bit wider that shoulder grip.It can give a better stretch.  If using a trap/shrug bar, can get a more natural thumbs forward grip..   3x6-9  300 to 400lb workout poundage easily handled after a while, even for a average lifter.

3)  Bent Arm Pullover & Press....using a BB.  I place a BB at the end of a bench, on the floor. Pull it up and over my head to my chest. Than press the BB  off my chest overhead.  One of the all time better compound movement for strength and size. Don't have a too close of a grip. I'm about 12"-15" or so. I had used DB's mostly in the past, so doing a change up now.   3x6-9

This is called a Abbreviated Workout. Short and to the point. Other many, many version of course, but this suits my present needs. KISS and all that.

Good Luck
F

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #167 on: June 08, 2020, 05:57:25 PM »
I'm 62.  Been training longer than you've been alive.

You have much time left.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #168 on: June 08, 2020, 06:58:14 PM »
IroNat

Didn't mean I have one foot in the grave and the other one slipping at the edge, just not that burning desire for training and beating my PB. Have the desire, but the flame is a little lower now, rather than burning..

There's a blackboard (green actually) up on a wall where I train most of the time. We have club records of the guys working out here and their club records on certain lifts. Like; DL, BP, SLDL, chins, etc. I'm still up on a couple of those....though haven't looked for awhile.

My view only....with lifting it's pretty much 60% physical and 40% mental.  Don't take training to that intense level anymore, but do enjoy working out. Never had a serious injury lifting. Did have major back surgery back in the day, but that was a sports injury. 

Good Luck

F

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #169 on: June 09, 2020, 08:50:45 AM »
IroNat

Didn't mean I have one foot in the grave and the other one slipping at the edge, just not that burning desire for training and beating my PB. Have the desire, but the flame is a little lower now, rather than burning..

There's a blackboard (green actually) up on a wall where I train most of the time. We have club records of the guys working out here and their club records on certain lifts. Like; DL, BP, SLDL, chins, etc. I'm still up on a couple of those....though haven't looked for awhile.

My view only....with lifting it's pretty much 60% physical and 40% mental.  Don't take training to that intense level anymore, but do enjoy working out. Never had a serious injury lifting. Did have major back surgery back in the day, but that was a sports injury. 

Good Luck

I know what you mean.  Somehow the desire to go balls-to-the-wall on a set of heavy squats is lacking.

The venom in the bloodstream is less potent.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #170 on: September 04, 2020, 11:32:17 AM »
Current Workouts:  Higher reps this time.

1)...BB Hack Squats. Dead stop at the bottom of each rep..2 to 3 seconds....shrug at top                 
     position each rep. 4x12-15

2)  Bulgarian DL...toes on 2x4 for a better stretch for hams and calf's. . Not meant as a heavy                 
     duty power movement this time , as if feet were flat on the floor. . .. Go slow at first if using it. 
     Hams' and calf's can be greatly improved by  well planned stretching, weighted or not.
     3x12-15

3)...straight arm pullover, slight break at the elbow joints. Keeping the lower back on the bench,
      no arch.  Use single DB.  2x12-15  lighter weight used.

4)...Bent arm pullover and press. A ultimate upper body compound movement. DB's, but have
      used a BB. I press off between each rep. Some will press at the end of the last pullover rep.
      whatever way you like.  2x12-15 Can apply some impressive weight used in this exercise.

5)...Chin behind neck, to nap of the neck. not weighted. A much over looked exercise.  2x10-12

6)...DB side press, one arm. Not to be confused with a regular DB overhead press. More leaning and some body English to start. Pretty much a mass and power exercise when done with serious
intent..

Good Luck.

F

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #171 on: November 12, 2020, 05:51:40 PM »
Had a 2 1/2 week break from any workout, with a mini vacation. Where can you go during this induced and false created panic...lots of places really. Living in San Diego county, many options and also getting away from the governors overbearing mandates. No ones going to find or bother you anyway, if you know where your going...

1)  Squat   5X20reps. A set of 20 reps pullovers between each set of front squats..5X20
2)  Incline Bench.   around a 60 degree incline. 5X20reps
3) BB Row...pull to the lower gut and than stand up and continuing the pull to the lower rib box. 5X20 reps

I'm using the same weight during each exercise and never going to a point of failure. Example..if using a 100lbs for squats, than that would be for all the sets. This program is a version of "100's", which seems to becoming popular out here. For me, it's a good way to get into a workout cycle after a layoff.

Use to workout with this Filipino gentleman who used this style program (5X20) way back in the day.  He would usually take 3 or 4 months off from workouts and when getting back in the gym he did this program .He was one of the few guy's I witnesses to actually grow from workout to workout. I was in my mid 20's at the time, and it did help with adding muscle mass, including strength gains, at a somewhat fast pace. Make no mistake, handling mostly higher reps can increase size and strength, if the right attitude and training program is applied.

Good Luck

F

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: November 13, 2020, 04:01:56 PM »
Had a 2 1/2 week break from any workout, with a mini vacation. Where can you go during this induced and false created panic...lots of places really. Living in San Diego county, many options and also getting away from the governors overbearing mandates. No ones going to find or bother you anyway, if you know where your going...

1)  Squat   5X20reps. A set of 20 reps pullovers between each set of front squats..5X20
2)  Incline Bench.   around a 60 degree incline. 5X20reps
3) BB Row...pull to the lower gut and than stand up and continuing the pull to the lower rib box. 5X20 reps

I'm using the same weight during each exercise and never going to a point of failure. Example..if using a 100lbs for squats, than that would be for all the sets. This program is a version of "100's", which seems to becoming popular out here. For me, it's a good way to get into a workout cycle after a layoff.

Use to workout with this Filipino gentleman who used this style program (5X20) way back in the day.  He would usually take 3 or 4 months off from workouts and when getting back in the gym he did this program .He was one of the few guy's I witnesses to actually grow from workout to workout. I was in my mid 20's at the time, and it did help with adding muscle mass, including strength gains, at a somewhat fast pace. Make no mistake, handling mostly higher reps can increase size and strength, if the right attitude and training program is applied.

Good Luck

JPM:
How are you doing, Sir?

I was honestly planning to PM you within the next week to make sure you were still alive.
Glad to know you're on the right side of the grass and still lifting, brother!!

Regards,
Monty

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #173 on: November 14, 2020, 10:28:11 AM »
Montague

Still sucking in air and among the living.

Nothing new with me, was just driving around the mountains, high and low deserts and the beaches for a few weeks (actually you could do all those places in one day in SoCal, if you wanted).  Got a tricked out truck with two other couples along with us. A little adventure along the way, but that's another story. Also trying to dodge the 70-80 mph wind gush and fires was something else. Plus we had a flash flood warning alert near the end of the trip. Still nice to get away with people you like.

GB is pretty boring actually. I can understand some of the bonding  between guy's, the making of enemy's and the keyboard warriors, etc. Plus all the "experts with their only way to train delusions." Pretty much goes along with human nature and the character of some. A few guys have the need to post almost every day, like their personal diary. Cool I guess, but don't really care if they mowed the lawn, went out to eat, eyed a chick who was eyeing them or what even family matters they are going through at present. Plus the guy's who are God's gift to women, who really might just be home Saturdays nights stroking it to porn. And hope mom's doesn't hear them in the next room.

Excuse my rant....Anyway Montague hope you and yours are doing well and in good health. Don't know which state you live in but wishing a happy family gathering on Thanksgiving for you. It's going to be the more the merrier for my family. The governor may have to send in a SWAT team to break it up.

Good Luck

Plus some of the personal workouts theories leave me in wonder.

F

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #174 on: December 16, 2020, 01:51:25 PM »
One thing for sure. Fans of bodybuilding and bodybuilders are a strange group of people. Posing to music oiled up for screaming admiring men while barefoot?  It's also a drug culture. Tired of guys that take drugs giving bodybuilding advice when they know with every fiber of their being they would look like absolute crap without the drug assist. They would be more honest if they said,  "It's not my work ethic or my work out knowledge that gave me this great physique. It's the drugs. I could prove it too. I'll go off drugs completely for six months and you will see how much I deteriorate."

No argument from me that many guys on this site are the dregs of society. I try to stay positive. Working out has been my passion for over 45 years. I never ever call myself a bodybuilder. I hope you try to stay positive too. If keeping your diary of working out  in the training section gives you pleasure or a distraction from life I hope you continue. I was told no one reads this section but I have over a quarter million views on my old man training journal. I normally type out my workout thoughts as a  cool down after the work out. I only come to this site for fun. When it ceases being fun I will leave.