Author Topic: are you training enough? i hit the gym 9 times a week! thats volume baby!  (Read 17090 times)

jpm101

• Getbig IV
Could never quite make up my mind who was the most driven hardcore BB'er. And had the most overwhelming muscle mass. Tough selection between Bluto and Pumpster. Fatpanda was right up the among those titans. Inspiration to us all....Good Luck
F

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
the reason imo that not more experts, magazines etc preach about hitting the gym more often is that people doesnt have what it takes, cant find the time etc not that it's not optimal for muscle growth

myself, i hit the gym twice a day 4 times a week + once every weekend that's 9 times a week normally and i also circle 3-4 different gyms for change of atmopshere, difference in equipment etc

it's not for everyone, but it is for me. and it doesnt stop there, i also have a high volume approach to training, for example i do 10 sets of 6 on seated calves.

Are you unemployed or something?

If I didn't do shit i'd probably lift like 6x per week. But I gotta make a living and go out and hustle, so it's only 3 or 4 times per week for me.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
the reason imo that not more experts, magazines etc preach about hitting the gym more often is that people doesnt have what it takes, cant find the time etc not that it's not optimal for muscle growth

myself, i hit the gym twice a day 4 times a week + once every weekend that's 9 times a week normally and i also circle 3-4 different gyms for change of atmopshere, difference in equipment etc

it's not for everyone, but it is for me. and it doesnt stop there, i also have a high volume approach to training, for example i do 10 sets of 6 on seated calves.
Load of Bollocks  >:( and 3-4 Gyms. If you train so much you canīt be training very hard. I knew a guy like you..he spent allways hours in the gym because he hardly trained and only trained his mouth. How do i know this? because i worked in the Gym.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
Load of Bollocks  >:( and 3-4 Gyms. If you train so much you canīt be training very hard. I knew a guy like you..he spent allways hours in the gym because he hardly trained and only trained his mouth. How do i know this? because i worked in the Gym.

Hint: Bluto does not post here anymore. Bluto was a 14-15 year old czech kid who was autistic. He was not allowed to leave the house and never had contact to "real" people, only that his mother gave him food twice a day. He was also in a wheelchair, he was only posting here to be "accepted", unfortunately we did not realize this until it was too late and "Bluto" killed himself by watching all Mits Okabe movies in a row, creating a hemorrhage in the brain that killed him.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
When referring to Bluto, DK II listed the qualities needed to become a mod on GB. Bluto is in the GB Mod hall of fame.

After his death, Blutos body was put to sea, face down, with a Jolly Rodgers flag planted within his ass. If lucky enough to have the original training book ,written by Bluto, treasure it. It covers all the protocols of serious advance BB'ing from A to A minus.

On an equal par with Bluto was Pumpster another outstanding mod on GB. His 12 volume books on the use of the BowFlex are still a classic in Pro hardcore training. Pumpster now is the official greeter at the Piss Rock, Mississippi Wal-Mart super store. As Pumpster approaches 90 years, the option to retire is near.
F

obtuse_waiter

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
anyone reccomend a high volume routine for me?

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
anyone reccomend a high volume routine for me?

Yes.

all exercises in supersets, 3 sets, 20 reps for 2 weeks, then 12 reps for 2 weeks, then 6 reps for 2 weeks, repeat.

Exercises:

Superset 1:
Squats or Front squats
Stiff legged deadlifts

Superset 2:
bench press
chin ups

Superset 3:
Dumbell overhead press
calves

Superset 4:
barbell curl
french press or dips

Superset 5:
abs
hyperextensions

The exercises are examples, but you should stick to basic exercises. Do the same exercises all the time, if a machine is in use and you have to wait, do something else, but don't wait.
Try to keep breaks in between sets under one minute.

Do this 3-5 times a week.

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
Re: are you training enough? i hit the gym 9 times a week! thats volume baby!
« Reply #82 on: December 10, 2012, 01:42:51 PM »
inside the mind

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
  • http://i.imgur.com/mCzI3N5.jpg
« Reply #83 on: December 10, 2012, 01:57:59 PM »
Bluto was a quality poster

buffbong

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #84 on: January 02, 2013, 10:45:12 AM »
 I've never trained a muscle group with two actual workouts in the same week. For weak areas in the past I would do one exercise at different day from the main workout. I never felt it was productive since when attempting a workout without enough rest days between workouts. Anything sooner than 5 to 7 days led to subpar results in the gym. Bluto does make a good point in stopping himself from adding exercises and sets when performing one group per day. When people divide their workouts more frequently they also make the mistake of adding in excessive volume.

Cold

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #85 on: January 28, 2013, 03:52:10 PM »
3 times per week. same result as 12 times per week.

rather spend time fucking bitches

bigmanforlife

• Getbig II
  • I'm a llama!
Work
« Reply #86 on: February 11, 2013, 07:06:47 AM »
Yes working.  Is what most of my day consists of.  After that it's sleep.