Author Topic: Jasons PL Log  (Read 25256 times)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
Re: Jasons PL Log
« Reply #75 on: January 17, 2008, 04:10:00 PM »
hey man best of luck! Get out there and kick ass and take names! It's time to put on a good show man! Bring it home baby!  ;D

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #76 on: January 19, 2008, 09:59:03 PM »
Weighed in at 302.  Crazy day, I will regale you with the story tomorrow!

Jason

John O

• Getbig III
« Reply #77 on: January 19, 2008, 10:23:00 PM »
Hope you had a blast no matter the out come.
This was good reading.
Masters- 50-54
148#

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #78 on: January 23, 2008, 11:57:01 PM »
Circa Max Phase, Week 1:

Squats to a parallel box:

Wore my size 44 Predator briefs and a 56 Metal ACE for all work sets, five total.  All sets were done with a blue and green band, which adds 375lbs of tension at the top.

Final work set was with 485 plus the bands, or 860 at the top, for a double.  Going to take a weight next week, Im looking forward to it.  Its kind of weird though.  Anything past about 600lbs feels the same on your back.  It feels heavy, but nothing really noticibly different.

Pulldown Abs
3 sets

GHR Abs
3 sets

Jason

Nasty double JP.
As empty as paradise

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #79 on: January 24, 2008, 06:47:48 PM »
Sorry for the late update.  Ive been sick as crap all week, and was so sick today I had to call into work.  The meet was an unbeleivably fun time.  We got there Friday afternoon to weigh in and were incredibly impressed with the venue and the equipment. Dan Dague runs a great meet!  He had 3 platforms, 3 monolifts with Mastadon bars($800 each)3 comp benches, and 3 DL bars.  I lifted on Saturday, and went 750/45/625 at 303lbs.  It wasnt my best day number wise, but I just missed some big lifts!  I hit my 750 opener easy on the squat.  My next attempt was 850 for a 50lb PR.  Took it down and up, but the side judge told me it was about a half inch high. I took it again for my 3rd, and had the same result.  MISS.  I took it about 2 inches deep, and fell forward out of the hole.  2 positives here though.  I was talking to Jim Wendler, and he said the 850 was as fast as the 750, so thats a good sign.  Louie told me the same thing, and asked me why I only took 850 LOL.  So there were 2 big positives.  The bench was standard, 45/pass/pass.  No need to waste the loaders or spotters time, they're busy enough.  DL was good too.  Opened at 550 to stay in the meet...very easy lift.  625 was next for a 25lb PR.  I took 700 for a third, which I felt was a reasonable weight, and a big PR.  I got it to my knees and lost my grip.  Ther ensuing up and back pull with no weight launched me off of the platform and flat onto the ground behind it.  I didnt get hurt, but I thought it was funny.  Ill get some pics up soon.  Ill also update my experiences from Sunday.

Jason

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #80 on: January 24, 2008, 07:10:49 PM »
badass dude. but what was the bench? you just put "45" each time you referred to it, and i'm assuming you can do more than the bar.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #81 on: January 24, 2008, 08:46:42 PM »
badass dude. but what was the bench? you just put "45" each time you referred to it, and i'm assuming you can do more than the bar.
Haven't you seen his thread on the Y about his arm?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #82 on: January 24, 2008, 09:03:58 PM »
Haven't you seen his thread on the Y about his arm?

ah, i forgot about that. actually i remember googling the guy's name a while ago before it came up on here because i was curious if he had any articles on elite or anything and found that on his bb.com profile.

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #83 on: January 26, 2008, 08:31:08 PM »
Hope you had a blast no matter the out come.
This was good reading.

Thanks man!  It was fun times, although teh results wernt as good as I had hoped!

Jason

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #84 on: January 26, 2008, 08:32:38 PM »

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #85 on: January 26, 2008, 08:33:46 PM »

The bench was standard, 45/pass/pass.  No need to waste the loaders or spotters time, they're busy enough.

Jason

:D ;D :D ;)

Jason

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: January 28, 2008, 04:01:47 PM »
Sorry for the late update.  Ive been sick as crap all week, and was so sick today I had to call into work.  The meet was an unbeleivably fun time.  We got there Friday afternoon to weigh in and were incredibly impressed with the venue and the equipment. Dan Dague runs a great meet!  He had 3 platforms, 3 monolifts with Mastadon bars($800 each)3 comp benches, and 3 DL bars.  I lifted on Saturday, and went 750/45/625 at 303lbs.  It wasnt my best day number wise, but I just missed some big lifts!  I hit my 750 opener easy on the squat.  My next attempt was 850 for a 50lb PR.  Took it down and up, but the side judge told me it was about a half inch high. I took it again for my 3rd, and had the same result.  MISS.  I took it about 2 inches deep, and fell forward out of the hole.  2 positives here though.  I was talking to Jim Wendler, and he said the 850 was as fast as the 750, so thats a good sign.  Louie told me the same thing, and asked me why I only took 850 LOL.  So there were 2 big positives.  The bench was standard, 45/pass/pass.  No need to waste the loaders or spotters time, they're busy enough.  DL was good too.  Opened at 550 to stay in the meet...very easy lift.  625 was next for a 25lb PR.  I took 700 for a third, which I felt was a reasonable weight, and a big PR.  I got it to my knees and lost my grip.  Ther ensuing up and back pull with no weight launched me off of the platform and flat onto the ground behind it.  I didnt get hurt, but I thought it was funny.  Ill get some pics up soon.  Ill also update my experiences from Sunday.

Jason

what's it feel like to pull 700 man!

850 on the squat..holy fucking hell that's awesome. What do you do raw?