Author Topic: GREAT thread about protein requirements on Milos Board  (Read 17996 times)

The_Leafy_Bug

Re: GREAT thread about protein requirements on Milos Board
« Reply #75 on: September 14, 2007, 05:23:05 PM »
Why would gluconeogenesis turn off? You're wrong here. Dietary carbohydrate is not essential for survival.
I never said it did shut off but its production of glucose from precursors of glucose. Now that i think about it i take that back though. You could live off a diet of pure protien in theory.

Knives

• Getbig III
« Reply #76 on: September 14, 2007, 05:25:48 PM »
Did you not read what i just said? The brain only uses some ketones. It cannot run soley off of ketones. The brain HAS to have carbs.

Explain that to Palumbo and everyone else following his ketogenic diet.  Hell, even Arnold Jr on here has followed that diet and he's still alive and kickin

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #77 on: September 14, 2007, 05:26:57 PM »
van,
   Would carbs from plant/ veggies suffice the needs for glucogenesis?
Gluconeogenesis refers to aminos and glycerol from fats converting to glucose.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #78 on: September 14, 2007, 05:28:00 PM »
  Hell, even Arnold Jr on here has followed that diet and he's still alive and kickin

Unfortunately.
Ron: "I am lazy."

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #79 on: September 14, 2007, 05:28:27 PM »
Explain that to Palumbo and everyone else following his ketogenic diet.  Hell, even Arnold Jr on here has followed that diet and he's still alive and kickin
I already corrected myself. Regardless, why would you want to live without carbs. They are protien sparing.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: September 14, 2007, 05:33:40 PM »
I already corrected myself. Regardless, why would you want to live without carbs. They are protien sparing.

As a bodybuilder, you wouldn't.  Carbs as a fuel source work better for supporting the energy requirements of a bodybuilding-type workout than fats, and (at least for me personally) it's tough to adapt mentally to ketosis and be 100%.  That said, I think a lot of bodybuilders and more of the mainstream WAY overdo the carbs.  I limit my carbs to just enough to fuel my workouts and keep me out of ketosis, and get the rest of my calories from protein and fat.

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #81 on: September 14, 2007, 05:37:01 PM »

As a bodybuilder, you wouldn't.  Carbs as a fuel source work better for supporting the energy requirements of a bodybuilding-type workout than fats, and (at least for me personally) it's tough to adapt mentally to ketosis and be 100%.  That said, I think a lot of bodybuilders and more of the mainstream WAY overdo the carbs.  I limit my carbs to just enough to fuel my workouts and keep me out of ketosis, and get the rest of my calories from protein and fat.
I know thats what im saying. Why use a ketogenic diet. That is like carrying bricks to a work site one by one when you can just use a wheel barrel. It seems rather pointless. They are essential for health, plus the fiber detoxifies the liver. Fiber reduces the risk for cancer.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #82 on: September 14, 2007, 05:37:55 PM »
Palumbo is a fool. His theories on why his diet is superior are ridiculous.

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #83 on: September 14, 2007, 05:39:41 PM »
Essecial Fats  ;)
Essecial Aminoacids  ;)
Have you ever heard of Essecial Carbs ???
Yeah actually. It is called fiber.

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #84 on: September 14, 2007, 05:40:03 PM »
Essecial Fats  ;)
Essecial Aminoacids  ;)
Have you ever heard of Essecial Carbs ???

Spell check? Have you heard of this? 

Edit: If you are using Insulin....Carbs are essential.
\

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: September 14, 2007, 05:41:03 PM »
I know thats what im saying. Why use a ketogenic diet. That is like carrying bricks to a work site one by one when you can just use a wheel barrel. It seems rather pointless. They are essential for health, plus the fiber detoxifies the liver. Fiber reduces the risk for cancer.

To use your analogy, many bodybuilders don't use a wheel barrel, they use a dumptruck (and then wonder why they're fat and/or feel like shit).  IMO, sugars should all but be eliminated (except PWO), and grains and grain products should be severely limited and used intelligently, not as a staple with every meal.

Tamer Razor

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #86 on: September 14, 2007, 05:43:17 PM »
Essential Fats  ;)
Essential Aminoacids ;)

Have you ever heard of Essential carbs ???

better now!!!

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #87 on: September 14, 2007, 05:47:34 PM »
eating massive amounts of protein (1.5g + p/lbs bw) is a waste and just expensive energy.

1-1.25 is enough. maybe 1.5 if your dieting hard..(1.5 when dieting is probably overdoing it too).

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #88 on: September 14, 2007, 05:48:30 PM »
Essential Fats  ;)
Essential Aminoacids ;)

Have you ever heard of Essential carbs ???

better now!!!

See, now was that so hard?  Regarding the Essential carbs, If you are using insulin Carbs are Essential.  For dieting there are too many schools of thought and the arguments could go on forever..... But for building muscle, you do need carbs.
\

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: September 14, 2007, 05:53:23 PM »
See, now was that so hard?  Regarding the Essential carbs, If you are using insulin Carbs are Essential.  For dieting there are too many schools of thought and the arguments could go on forever..... But for building muscle, you do need carbs.

Most of us here are not insulin users.

You're right about carbs being necessary for good muscle growth, but the high amounts used my most bodybuilders?  Not likely (unless, as you said, they're using 'slin).

Tamer Razor

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #90 on: September 14, 2007, 06:00:21 PM »

I agree to build muscle carbs are necessary...but carbs should be introduced during specific times of the day and not in excess as the majority of people trying to gain muscle exaggerate in the consuption of carbs gain only fat from it.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #91 on: September 14, 2007, 06:10:32 PM »
OK. What are you getting your panties in a twist about, then!?'

/and it's protein

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: September 14, 2007, 06:11:05 PM »
I agree to build muscle carbs are necessary...but carbs should be introduced during specific times of the day and not in excess as the majority of people trying to gain muscle exaggerate in the consuption of carbs gain only fat from it.

Exactly.

SirTraps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #93 on: September 14, 2007, 06:12:43 PM »
The only carbs i consume are fruit/vegetables, ezekiel bread and oatmeal.  Occasionally pasta for dinner.  Ezekiel bread is very, very good for you-6-7 whole grains-no flour-fiber and a complete protein.   Also sometimes have 6 grain organic waffles for breakfast instead of oatmeal.  Avoid high fructose corn syrup like the plague.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #94 on: September 14, 2007, 06:15:11 PM »
The only carbs i consume are fruit/vegetables, ezekiel bread and oatmeal.  Occasionally pasta for dinner.  Ezekiel bread is very, very good for you-6-7 whole grains-no flour-fiber and a complete protein.   Also sometimes have 6 grain oprgain waffles for brewakfast instead of oatmeal.  Avoid high fructose corn syrup like the plague.
fruits are high in fructose to. high gi

Shraded

• Getbig II
« Reply #95 on: September 14, 2007, 06:16:48 PM »
okay- question on carbs here.  Thanks to everyone that talked about waxie maize on here, becuase i luv it...  Now, i drink mine before and during my working... should i be doing it another way???

Thx

SirTraps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #96 on: September 14, 2007, 06:17:37 PM »
If you are comparing the natural sugars found in fresh fruit to man-made high fructose corn syrup-you are a MORON.  Hope this helps.  ;D

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
  • WILL HARRIS: BRINGING GAY BACK!
« Reply #97 on: September 14, 2007, 06:19:12 PM »
if training 2 times a day is better, why not 3?  How bout 4...6?  Why take time to recover at all?

FANTASTIC RESPONSE. AND THE SAME THAT I SAY.

JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
  • WILL HARRIS: BRINGING GAY BACK!
« Reply #98 on: September 14, 2007, 06:21:40 PM »
im not sure about a natural training twice a day. 

but training a body part twice a week IS beneficial...even for a natural, but only if you spread it out properly

its pretty simple...you stimulate the muscles twice a week instead of one, and given enough food and rest

thats equals more growth

not rocket science

You make conclusions with no reasoning or science behind them. what is ur proof of this? ur science? ur backing?
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #99 on: September 14, 2007, 06:22:08 PM »
If you are comparing the natural sugars found in fresh fruit to man-made high fructose corn syrup-you are a MORON.  Hope this helps.  ;D
Agree.  ::)