Author Topic: best front lat spread of all time  (Read 139181 times)

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
Re: best front lat spread of all time
« Reply #650 on: August 31, 2009, 04:55:19 PM »
who cares what ronnie says.

he can be just as wrong as anyone else.

if the pics and vids show his 99 form was his best, then it was his best.

his opinion doesn't change that. period.

You do, but only when it coincides with your biased agenda. 

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #651 on: August 31, 2009, 04:59:43 PM »
real life visuals led you to the conclusion Dorian lost the 1993 Olympia LMFAO and Ronnie has more detailed calves than Dorian and Ronnie was grainier than Dorian , and Dennis Wolf is blocky , and Dorian lost every single one of his Olympia titles , you're an idiot who knows NOTHING you see what you want

Joe Weider - IFBB Co-Founder

"Many experts, including reigning Mr.Olympia, Jay Cutler, believe that at his best Ronnie has the greatest physique of all-time. When looking at pictures of Ronnie from the 1998 Mr.Olympia, I find it hard to argue with that."

where is 1999?

Raymond Cassar - Muscletime Editor and Photographer

"There is no one alive that can beat Ronnie Coleman when he is at his best - No One! (and his best for me was when he won the 2001 Arnold Classic)"

where is 1999?

Team Flex - http://www.flexonline.com/training/49

"We've said before that the 245 pounds or so physique with which [Ronnie Coleman] won the 2001 Arnold Schwarzenegger Classic is the best ever - unbeatable."

Where is 1999?

Flex Magazine March 2009

Tales from Columbus

2001 (2): Is Chris Cormier unlucky? Are Bob Cicherillo's threads so loud that he's being sponsored by a megaphone company? At the 2001 Arnold Classic, for the only time in its history, the reigning Mr. Olympia entered the contest. Not only that, but said Mr. Olympia, Ronnie Coleman, was in the best shape of his career, before or since. Now that is bad luck.

Where is 1999?

Flex Magazine March 2008

2001 Then-reigning Mr. Olympia Ronnie Coleman, in the shape of his life at 245 pounds, took this one, with Cormier gaining the second of his six consecutive runner-up positions.

Where is 1999?

Q ] There are those who feel you were at your best when you competed lighter, which for you was in the low 270's, and those who say you were best in the 290's. Was there a particular look you presented that you preferred over the others?
dot

Number one. That one was incredible to me. It (Ronnie's first Olympia win in 1998) always will be and nothing will ever take the place of that one. Everything was just spot on for that show. I had to overcome so much to win that one too.

Where is 1999?

Flex Magazine August 2003

Jim Schmatltz on Ronnie chances of winning six Olympias in a row

if he repeats his 2001 Arnold Schwarzenegger Classic form, he'll experience the joy of six.

Where is 1999?

Shawn Perine Ironage Dec 11, 2004

As much as I love Haney and my IA champs, I think Ronnie circa '98 or at the 2001 Arnold is pretty much untouchable. Except by Dorian Yates 6 weeks out from the '93 O as photographed by our own KMH. Both men, on those specific occasions carried so much dry muscle mass in good proportion and with good lines that it's almost unfair to compare them to others.

Where is 1999?

While I’m on record as saying that the best physique I ever saw was Ronnie’s at the 2001 Arnold, he was never drier or harder than Dorian.

Where is 1999?

review of mr. olympia 1999, january 2000, page  90:

257 pounds, a good seven pounds heavier than last year and the clear winner, ALTHOUGH NOT AS BONE DRY OR AS ROCK HARD IN 98.  In comparison to 98, his thighs are enourmous with a greater sweep and his front delts have improved; plus the pec anomaly (gyno) is no longer present.

Where is 1999?

Quote Peter McGough Flex Magazine Jan 2001

RONNIE COLEMAN : ( 264lbs As big as a house , but holding water. In '98 , he was shredded and bone dry at 250 pounds. Last year ( 1999 ) he was 257 pounds but NOT as sharp as '98. This year ( 2000 ) at 264 pounds , he's not as sharp as 99 , which would seem to say that Ronnie is better at a lighter weight .

Where is 1999?

Peter McGough Flex Magazine August 2005

Personally, the best physique I ever saw onstage (there was a contender for best-ever that I saw offstage: those crazy photos of sock-footed Dorian Yates taken seven weeks before the 1993 Mr. Olympia) was Ronnie's at the 2001 Arnold Schwarzenegger Classic

Where is 1999?

NO ONE feels 1999 is his best except ignorant fan-boys the experts and Ronnie HIMSELF have spoken shut the fuck up with 1999 already . strop trying to rewrite history fan-boy

So you're posting a bunch of quotes from experts saying that Ronnie at his best was the best of all time, doesn't that counter your argument for years and tens of thousands of posts that Dorian was better than Ronnie?  Okay, so you're pasting these quotes in an effort to argue against Hulkster that Ronnie's best was 98 not 99, but the quotes are still saying that he beats your idol.     ???

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #652 on: August 31, 2009, 05:30:10 PM »
So you're posting a bunch of quotes from experts saying that Ronnie at his best was the best of all time, doesn't that counter your argument for years and tens of thousands of posts that Dorian was better than Ronnie?  Okay, so you're pasting these quotes in an effort to argue against Hulkster that Ronnie's best was 98 not 99, but the quotes are still saying that he beats your idol.     ???

I can post quotes that say Dorian would beat Ronnie , hell even Ronnie thinks Dorian would beat him .

1999 is NOT Ronnie's best showing anyone who thinks otherwise is Hulkster retarded  ;D

many people feel Ronnie was better , not all

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #653 on: August 31, 2009, 05:31:59 PM »
You do, but only when it coincides with your biased agenda. 

exactly

Hulkster = hypocrite

BuffD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #654 on: August 31, 2009, 06:28:18 PM »

he can be just as wrong as anyone else.

if the pics and vids show his 99 form was his best, then it was his best.

his opinion doesn't change that. period.

If it's his opinion then it can't be wrong.  Post all the pics you want but since bodybuilding is SUBJECTIVE then you will always get varying opinions and an opinion cannot be wrong. 

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #655 on: August 31, 2009, 06:28:31 PM »
How old are you, twelve?   ::)

nope. just calling what I see.

you guys follow each others posts like love birds, sometimes with no one else posting in between..just a loving series of back and fourth posts between you two..

its pathetic, really.
Flower Boy Ran Away

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #656 on: September 01, 2009, 05:01:43 PM »
nope. just calling what I see.

you guys follow each others posts like love birds, sometimes with no one else posting in between..just a loving series of back and fourth posts between you two..

its pathetic, really.

In as much as I don't doubt your familiarity with homosexuality, there are those of us that prefer women.  Sorry to burst your bubble.  You seem to have some issues to work out.  What, did that guy in the park have a surprise for you when you were a kid?  Did he say he had some candy, but it was nuttin but a peanut?

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #657 on: October 07, 2016, 10:47:34 AM »
So, another yates vs ronnie thread. Yates wins

Simple Simon

« Reply #658 on: October 07, 2016, 11:36:34 AM »
So, another yates vs ronnie thread. Yates wins
why are you bumping 7 year old threads?

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #659 on: October 07, 2016, 01:20:15 PM »
why are you bumping 7 year old threads?

That's not Army of One.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #660 on: October 07, 2016, 01:40:01 PM »
Doesn't look too shabby...minus the gyno of course.

nah c'mon dude....

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #661 on: October 07, 2016, 01:41:49 PM »

"Be my little baby"...?

delta9mda

• Getbig V
« Reply #662 on: November 11, 2016, 02:11:48 AM »
the pic of dorian at 282 is not contraversial because its better than ronnie.

its contraversial because dorian never had quads/hips like that in his entire life, at any bodyweight, contest, precontest or offseason. and there are tons of pics of him at all these instances and he never had a quad flare like that.

it would be like someone posting a never before seen shot of Ronnie Coleman with Shawn Ray's abs..everyone would be reacting the same way..saying the same things that they are about the new dorian pic..

Hey hukster, you were saying?

delta9mda

• Getbig V
« Reply #663 on: November 11, 2016, 02:15:08 AM »
Sweep

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #664 on: November 11, 2016, 07:03:40 AM »

Flex looks weeks out from behind as usual. Can't believe he thought he won...

delta9mda

• Getbig V
« Reply #665 on: November 11, 2016, 10:36:59 AM »
And flex left wieder not long before the 0 for a few dollars more and that may have killed his 0 chances. But being soft in the back side didn't help.

doriancutlerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #666 on: November 11, 2016, 02:21:52 PM »
I'm amazed anyone mentioned Fux vis-a-vis the front lat spread (STRONG homo!!!!! :D).

Yates, Haney and Coleman owned that pose, even if Ronnie did it like the retard he was. 

Oddly enough, plenty of guys who weren't known for their lats could do an outstanding FLS; e.g., Milos.  Fux was okay but his giant gut, long waist and big-assed belly button took him out of contention (though I can't say to which "kier" he might fall as a result ... I guess that depends on who is willing to do what, eh, BGM? :D).

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #667 on: November 11, 2016, 03:07:41 PM »
 ;D
F

Royal Lion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #668 on: November 11, 2016, 03:23:12 PM »
Ronnie had a great lat spread, but Yates owns this pose.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #669 on: November 11, 2016, 04:55:56 PM »