Author Topic: WHERE ARE ALL THESE MASSIVE POUNDAGE "GYMS" THAT YOU GUYS KEEP TALKING ABOUT???  (Read 9620 times)

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
Squadfather you should also own E-Kul, he's been acting up with gay-tendencies.

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
Squadfather you should also own E-Kul, he's been acting up with gay-tendencies.

irony

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
home gyms with 5lb dumbells don't count

hope that helps

nah it's a real dungeon! hardcore as a motehrfucker. but ive posted about that before.
Z

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
I think the world record in the strict curl is 250lbs, or there abouts. To put it in perspective.

Huge Nasser does 255:

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
Huge Nasser does 255:

the post referred to strict curls, not reverse grip upright rows to waist level.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
the post referred to strict curls, not reverse grip upright rows to waist level.

They're relatively strict, have you seen the video?  The screenshot isn't at the top of the rep, but that doesnt mean he only brings it up halfway!  He also does 215 strict.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
haha does this fool question the great huge nasser el sonbaty?

i hope not, but it sure looks like it

Z

The Freakshow

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Jeremiah 29:11-13
seems like everytime you turn around there's another poster talking about how common it is to see guys benching 500 for reps, squatting 700 for reps and pressing 315 behind the neck for reps so where are these gyms because i've seen less than a handful of guys in my life do these things? here's what i'm talking about.

LA FITNESS ....... that's where all of the HARDCORE people train! Heck, i saw a guy do 15 reps with the BeautyBells! They're crazy I tell ya, CRAZY ;D

canadaphiliac

• Getbig III
Military gyms usually seem to have bigger, stronger guys. I mean, not "Here There Be Monsters" bigger and stronger, but decidedly higher caliber than the civilian gym rat at Bally's

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
They're relatively strict, have you seen the video?  The screenshot isn't at the top of the rep, but that doesnt mean he only brings it up halfway!  He also does 215 strict.
In the comps in strict curl you stand against a post and there is absolutely no knee bend allowed. Shit, I have done reverse cleans with 250 also. Not a strict curl by any means.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
Levrone benched 500 for reps full rom....unbelievable

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
you want hardcore google nazareth barbell co. mike miller guy only squats 1220 which last time i checked is the record.
F

MoralMan

• Getbig III
I train at a gym West of London that has 3 reigning UK champion powerlifters amongst its memebers along with strongmen and olympic lifters and the weights i heare are common as shit on here ive seen maybe 3 times in 5 years of training!
2 guys a 500lb raw bench, and most behind neck ive seen is 265 for 8.
Ive seen a guy raw squat 700lb but that was for a single.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
  I have no desire to ever attemp 315 lbs behind head press. or bench 500 lbs...my shoulders hurt just thinking about it. :-\

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
Look at this ANIMAL!  :D

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
seems like everytime you turn around there's another poster talking about how common it is to see guys benching 500 for reps, squatting 700 for reps and pressing 315 behind the neck for reps so where are these gyms because i've seen less than a handful of guys in my life do these things? here's what i'm talking about.

Maybe the 315lbs behind the neck on a smith machine, but I can't someone benching 500lbs for reps and squatting 700 for reps. Pro's don't even really do that. Hell, Ronnie did 495lbs for reps in his redemtion video on the flat bench and he's one of the strongest bbdr's ever. People highly exaggerate.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
Levrone benched 500 for reps full rom....unbelievable

So.  Huge Nasser did the same for Incline.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
In the comps in strict curl you stand against a post and there is absolutely no knee bend allowed. Shit, I have done reverse cleans with 250 also. Not a strict curl by any means.

It's about the same level of strictness as other pros who curl 155 in their videos.

Master Blaster

When I worked out at Golds about 10 years ago I don't recall seeing that many people benching more than 315 or so. Every gym has a few strong dudes I guess, but most people just go there to lose weight, use the machines, etc.

DA_BI_DA

• Getbig II
  • Always Walk With A Closed Mouth And An Open Heart
If you want to see big numbers in the bench, squat and dead, just go to any APF/APC, WPO, UPA, IPF powerliftint event.  Of course these are with gear (suits and some wraps), but even the women are putting up huge numbers.  Check out http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/all-posts
Evry1 nds iron d8ly!

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
I curl 315lbs all the time. The first time I did it, I was training with Lee Priest. You see many people in Hawaii throwing that weight around like feathers.

Master Blaster

I curl 315lbs all the time. The first time I did it, I was training with Lee Priest. You see many people in Hawaii throwing that weight around like feathers.

I thought you promised Steve not to post here?  ???

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
I thought you promised Steve not to post here?  ???

Steve? Who is that? ???

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
you want hardcore google nazareth barbell co. mike miller guy only squats 1220 which last time i checked is the record.

I know a handful of guys that workout at NazBar.  That's a haven for power lifters.  Alot of strong men and women there.

Master Blaster

Steve? Who is that? ???

Your new boss.  ::)