Author Topic: Nightmare scenario for the IFBB  (Read 26979 times)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
Re: Nightmare scenario for the IFBB
« Reply #175 on: April 08, 2008, 03:24:57 PM »
The reason why I asked is because it shows me the IFBB supports the Athletes to come together for the better interest of the organization & the participants.

They do...they had no obligation to even entertain the idea of representatives for the athletes, but basically, it's up to the athletes to be as involved as they wish to be...

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #176 on: April 08, 2008, 03:56:41 PM »
Bob would you support Pros if they chose not to do a show unless the Prize Money increased - Judges were changed around for all comps and the IFBB cancelled that benign Drug Rule or started doing Drug tests. ;DHmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #177 on: April 08, 2008, 05:14:36 PM »
They do...they had no obligation to even entertain the idea of representatives for the athletes, but basically, it's up to the athletes to be as involved as they wish to be...

Bob, why don't you come clean and tell everyone what the real deal is? Pro bodybuilding is a butt-kissing enterprise. What everyone learns, eventually, is to not rock the boat. That is why no one wants to be athletes rep and why few attend meetings or come on line to voice an opinion. Anyone who is outspoken gets put down in contests or booted out. The others don't say a word because they all move up a notch if someone is banned or suspended. The rule has always been to not upset the IFFB people or the judges. Seems to me even the athletes rep position is a conflict and diminishes any athlete who does that job. Retired guys like yourself are probably oblivious to what is going on.

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #178 on: April 08, 2008, 05:33:38 PM »
bob come clean, and lose his prestigious position??

ha ha ~!

Bob, why don't you come clean and tell everyone what the real deal is? Pro bodybuilding is a butt-kissing enterprise. What everyone learns, eventually, is to not rock the boat. That is why no one wants to be athletes rep and why few attend meetings or come on line to voice an opinion. Anyone who is outspoken gets put down in contests or booted out. The others don't say a word because they all move up a notch if someone is banned or suspended. The rule has always been to not upset the IFFB people or the judges. Seems to me even the athletes rep position is a conflict and diminishes any athlete who does that job. Retired guys like yourself are probably oblivious to what is going on.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #179 on: April 08, 2008, 06:33:34 PM »

Here's the real deal....

Plenty of guys have "rocked the boat"...Shawn being one of them, and I the other...no one other than us has ever expresed interest in being the rep as it's a thankless job, a payless job, and requires someone who isn't afraid to voice opinion.

I'd like to see your list of how many people have been "put down" in contests or "booted out" for being outspoken....please, list all your examples.

With a rep in place, the athletes don't have to be outspoken, or worry about saying something that might jeopardize their placings...they can channel any of their grievances, opinions or comments to their respective rep....which they have on many occasions.

Guys like me who are out of competition 1 year and retired aren't oblivious....guys that get their info on message boards, were never a pro,  and been retired from being an amateur for 38 years, are....

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #181 on: April 08, 2008, 06:58:11 PM »
Bob I think Milos and Lee and a few others might not agree with that last statement.Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmm ESP Milos all the dude does is talk trash about IFBB Judging.Is he still an IFBB Pro??????HmmmmmmmmmmmmNO. ::)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #182 on: April 08, 2008, 07:15:04 PM »
Bob I think Milos and Lee and a few others might not agree with that last statement.Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmm ESP Milos all the dude does is talk trash about IFBB Judging.Is he still an IFBB Pro??????HmmmmmmmmmmmmNO. ::)

Neither one of the guys you mention were suspended for being outspoken..

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #183 on: April 08, 2008, 07:30:38 PM »
Neither one of the guys you mention were suspended for being outspoken..

complaining about corruption is not a form of being outspoken?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #184 on: April 08, 2008, 07:55:54 PM »
Bob, you really are a stooge, patsy and now fool.

Anyone who has read your posts on this forum know that you said you CANNOT represent Lee Priest's request to enter other shows because he is only one guy. If several pros want a change, etc., then that is different and you can present their concerns.

When are you going to comprehend that what happens to one person could affect everyone? Why on earth should the pros need a dork like you to represent them? If the pro division did things for the benefit of all bodybuilders then there would be no need for a pro rep. Certainly now that you have copped so much negative stuff for your position do you think anyone else would touch your job with a 10 foot pole. Congratulations on your lifetime appointment.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #185 on: April 08, 2008, 08:06:39 PM »

Yes, it is....and he wasn't suspended for being outspoken

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #186 on: April 08, 2008, 08:48:49 PM »
Bob, don't try to smooth talk the lads here on Getbig. Lee was told he was suspended for a year. Then this became indefinite. Outspoken guys like him and Milos get the boot. A stooge and patsy like yourself get annointed, I mean, appointed.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #187 on: April 08, 2008, 09:23:09 PM »
Bob, don't try to smooth talk the lads here on Getbig. Lee was told he was suspended for a year. Then this became indefinite. Outspoken guys like him and Milos get the boot. A stooge and patsy like yourself get annointed, I mean, appointed.

Lee was suspended for a year..initially. The suspension lapsed his then current menbership. He was offered a chance to come back during his 1 year suspension period...he refused the offer.

Lee was suspended for competing for a non-sanctioned federation...not for being outspoken, which he's done plenty of times beffore, and never supended.

Milos was suspended for allegations against an official, without proof of such. He was given 3 chances to provide such proof, he failed to deliver, and was subsequently suspende. Milos had made many comments over the years, never suspended for any of them..

As usual...keep showing your ignorance.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #188 on: April 08, 2008, 09:44:17 PM »
Lee was suspended for a year..initially. The suspension lapsed his then current menbership. He was offered a chance to come back during his 1 year suspension period...he refused the offer.

Lee was suspended for competing for a non-sanctioned federation...not for being outspoken, which he's done plenty of times beffore, and never supended.

Milos was suspended for allegations against an official, without proof of such. He was given 3 chances to provide such proof, he failed to deliver, and was subsequently suspende. Milos had made many comments over the years, never suspended for any of them..

This is the epitome of a stooge personified. We know what the IFBB ruling was. How about doing your damn appointed job. Oh, I forgot, you are loyal to the guy who appointed you and not the athletes. Do you have a vote on the pro committee?

Hope this helps.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #189 on: April 08, 2008, 10:20:19 PM »
This is the epitome of a stooge personified. We know what the IFBB ruling was. How about doing your damn appointed job. Oh, I forgot, you are loyal to the guy who appointed you and not the athletes. Do you have a vote on the pro committee?

Hope this helps.

Obviously, you didn't know it...or you wouldn't have made the stupid comment you did...

What was my "job" supposed to be?

Yes, I have a vote...

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #190 on: April 08, 2008, 10:23:56 PM »
Can you tell us who else has a vote on the pro committee?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #191 on: April 08, 2008, 10:38:08 PM »
Here you go, Basile.....at least you're consistant at being wrong.

PRO LEE PRIEST
Lee Priest, IFBB Pro

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastrep 
I am so glad that you're staying so positive, great attitude for sure. Odds are you WILL be back competing again and we the fans really really really can't wait for you to get back on stage! The last few years of competing you really brought an awesome new look, and you're one of the last few GOOD pro from the awesome days of the 90's that's still around.. very good to see!

Keep it low key and cool till the vote..

YEAH ONE OF THE LAST GUYS FROM THE 90S.......YES WOULD LOVE TO BE BACK FOR THE FANS..I HAVE FAITH IN THE IFBB......SO WE WILL ALL WAIT AND SEE...I WOULD LIKE TO THANK BOB AS WELL FOR HELPING ME OUT WHEN HE DIDNT HAVE TO AS ME NOT BEING AN IFBB ATHLETE HE DIDNT HAVE TO DO ANYTHING BUT HE DID SO BIG THANK YOU BOB.......NOW WE WILL ALL STAY POSITIVE NO NEED TO BE NEGATIVE....IT WILL ALL WORK OUT

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #192 on: April 08, 2008, 11:23:12 PM »
The sheep who qualify as pros in this ass-kissing sport are not going to make any waves. They have been corralled and know who to bow to and have done that for years. That is how the system works. This is an oppressive sport controlled by self-interested dictators.

Can you imagine if one of the top pros was interviewed on national television and was forthright and open about all drugs and injections he took to win a top title? Imagine Jay going on the Today Show and telling all. It would destroy the sport and everyone in it. It is disgraceful and pathetic that this drug abuse is tolerated by Arnold, the IFBB, Bob Chick and just about all the fans.  I say, no thanks. Bring health and sanity back to the sport. Test the bastards to keep them honest. Off season testing, too. Just like other sports. Look at how Marion Jones was stripped of her titles and medals. That is what needs to be done in this sport.

I am sick of jerks like Bob Chick claiming to represent the athletes. That is so far from the truth that it is laughable. Bodybuilding has always been controversial but today it is sick. Chick isn't doing anything because he is another pro who did all that shit to win his masters title. Goodness knows how long drug abuse has to occur before something is done to protect the sheep from themselves.

Mr Olympia is a big title but the honour of winning it evaporated when even young kids know the competitors take drugs. Congratulations Chick and the IFBB.

Basile, your living in the past bro...Your continuely trying to recreate the wheel and you believe that the fatter you are, the more gold one holds...Just let it all go bro...Try banging a chick under the weight of 150...Ya i know its new age to you but these 500 pounders that everyone is talking about you banging will never be in style...Much like your lat machine/coffee maker/street sweeper...

Chick is dancing in the circle you thought you were once in and its eating you alive...He is the only one to this day who will even answer your email or address you online...C'on bro you still have time to get it all back together...

Oh and one last thing, are you the Basile who manufactured those fake tiny blue dball pills of the 80's? Or do i have that wrong?

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #193 on: April 08, 2008, 11:26:52 PM »

I think accusing someone was the problem, without the proof.

This is the epitome of a stooge personified.

Vince, you continue to attack, while Bob continues to give you rational explanatins and debates.  Once again, the arguement on Lee was debated over hundreds of threads. Lee now has a good chance to come back into the IFBB. Meeting is at the Olympia. Simple as that.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #194 on: April 08, 2008, 11:31:13 PM »
chick...is there any chance that lee competes in the olympia this year, or  does the meeting only reference the 2009 season?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #195 on: April 08, 2008, 11:44:15 PM »
I don't need blokes to pat me on the back. I could care less if Bob has some support. This is an open forum and I am stating my opinions. Bob attacks me personally all the time so he deserves to get some back. I stand by what I say and would definitely say it to him in person. I don't hide behind a gimmick or anonymous account like so many others out there. Where are all the guys from the old days? Where are the intellects like Zane and Scott to debate these issues? Clearly they stay well away from the internet forums. Therefore, who is left to challenge what is happening in our sport?

The fact that Bob has a vote on the pro committee should make it clear that he cannot compete because that would be unfair to other competitors. The fact that so many rules are either unenforced or randomly so makes being a pro bodybuilder a rather haphazard occupation. Not that many of the pros are truly professional. Bob might call himself a pro but he makes no income from competitions so that is a farce. I swear, bodybuilding has descended into a sordid state where it becomes an insider club and hardly a sports organization. All those appointments and no accountability make it difficult to get justice or make changes. Bob can do hardly anything for guys like Lee. Sure, Lee knows what he has to do, namely kiss butt, and that is what I read in the post quoted above. What a pity he has to do that. Reminds me of the sad occasion when Bev Francis reduced her bodyweight and did all that 'feminine' posing and still they didn't reward her with a Ms Olympia. Don't tell me the IFBB plays fair. I started Bev out in her bodybuilding career and she never got the titles she deserved thanks to Ben and the IFBB. It is documented in the movie Pumping Iron 2. Ben said he does what the majority want and so they allowed fake boobs. That has resulted in the current extreme look that hardly anyone finds attractive. Thanks, Ben. The truth is individuals with a vision have to stand up and speak out about directions and ideals. The IFBB has no idea where it is going and look at the result for the professionals. All manner of restrictions and reduced opportunities to make a living from competing because there are fewer contests and they can't compete in rival organizations. Do I have to mention how insanely dangerous it is to take those drugs to be able to place in the tops shows? Can they find one doctor or sports medicine researcher who will endorse what the pros are doing? No, it is dangerous and plainly crazy. If Bob took those drugs, etc., then he is part of the current problem because it would be hypocritical for him to be opposed to what he so willingly practiced.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #196 on: April 08, 2008, 11:47:56 PM »

Why would Milos be suspended for making allegations.  Other pros and probably judges make allegations of other pros using synthol, steroids yet none of them have proven it.  How come they don't get suspended. 

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #197 on: April 08, 2008, 11:54:04 PM »
Why would Milos be suspended for making allegations.

because the guy being accused is now the number 2 guy in the amateur IFBB

(btw, Milos was simply the first high profile person making those accusations.  I had been hearing the same for years.)

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #198 on: April 08, 2008, 11:57:54 PM »
I don't need blokes to pat me on the back. I could care less if Bob has some support. This is an open forum and I am stating my opinions. Bob attacks me personally all the time so he deserves to get some back. I stand by what I say and would definitely say it to him in person. I don't hide behind a gimmick or anonymous account like so many others out there. Where are all the guys from the old days? Where are the intellects like Zane and Scott to debate these issues? Clearly they stay well away from the internet forums. Therefore, who is left to challenge what is happening in our sport?

The fact that Bob has a vote on the pro committee should make it clear that he cannot compete because that would be unfair to other competitors. The fact that so many rules are either unenforced or randomly so makes being a pro bodybuilder a rather haphazard occupation. Not that many of the pros are truly professional. Bob might call himself a pro but he makes no income from competitions so that is a farce. I swear, bodybuilding has descended into a sordid state where it becomes an insider club and hardly a sports organization. All those appointments and no accountability make it difficult to get justice or make changes. Bob can do hardly anything for guys like Lee. Sure, Lee knows what he has to do, namely kiss butt, and that is what I read in the post quoted above. What a pity he has to do that. Reminds me of the sad occasion when Bev Francis reduced her bodyweight and did all that 'feminine' posing and still they didn't reward her with a Ms Olympia. Don't tell me the IFBB plays fair. I started Bev out in her bodybuilding career and she never got the titles she deserved thanks to Ben and the IFBB. It is documented in the movie Pumping Iron 2. Ben said he does what the majority want and so they allowed fake boobs. That has resulted in the current extreme look that hardly anyone finds attractive. Thanks, Ben. The truth is individuals with a vision have to stand up and speak out about directions and ideals. The IFBB has no idea where it is going and look at the result for the professionals. All manner of restrictions and reduced opportunities to make a living from competing because there are fewer contests and they can't compete in rival organizations. Do I have to mention how insanely dangerous it is to take those drugs to be able to place in the tops shows? Can they find one doctor or sports medicine researcher who will endorse what the pros are doing? No, it is dangerous and plainly crazy. If Bob took those drugs, etc., then he is part of the current problem because it would be hypocritical for him to be opposed to what he so willingly practiced.

The super rich never complain about competition...In fact they know that it is needed...You won't see the guys from old anywhere near the computer because most of them were followers to begin with...The men who come forward are the ones who have nothing to hide and can stand up for themselves and love competition...When the Squadfathers or the Goatboys of the world make a grown man afraid of posting, you have to believe that they are afraid of something...

Vince---I would like your expert opinion on a sofa/sleeper...I've come up with an idea of actually having a sofa or couch that can pull out into a bed...I'm thinking that people in urban areas that have family come by and want to spend the night don't have to sleep on the floor...Its just a thought i've had running thru my head for the last few decades and now i'm actually thinking of jumping on it...I figured you may want in on it possibly...What do ya think?

I also have an idea of a lazyboy/leg extension machine...Something really up your alley...I'll shoot ya a PM....

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #199 on: April 09, 2008, 08:08:26 AM »

I