Author Topic: Matt Cassel  (Read 16635 times)

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Re: Matt Cassel
« Reply #75 on: November 27, 2008, 10:53:37 AM »
jamie dukes, NFL network on cassel when asked if matt cassel's numbers over the last two weeks are indicative of his playing ability, or if it's the system:

'...it's a combination of the system and his (cassel's) own progression...we need to stop anointing these guys before they have proven themselves'

I said that weeks ago. He's only partially right, and left things out:

-There's no way to split the system from the guy until he plays elsewhere. He doesn't know any better than anyone else how much it's one or the other, therefore give both credit.

- Listen up: once guys absorb the coaching/system, they can then take it elsewhere, it's permanently in them along with their own talents that were already there. If they don't do well elsewhere after all that it's typically more likely the fault of a poor system including the players and coaching around them.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #76 on: November 30, 2008, 04:25:46 PM »
ALL HAIL THE 8TH BEST QUARTERBACK IN THE NFL..!

Passing         CP/AT     YDS     TD    INT

M. Cassel     19/39     169     0     2

bahahahahahahahaha
b

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #77 on: November 30, 2008, 04:30:58 PM »
He fucked me today! No playoffs for me(in one league anyway).
E

body88

« Reply #78 on: November 30, 2008, 04:37:49 PM »

bahahahahahahahaha

You're going to use stats when Cassel has a poor day, but ignore his awesome stats vs Indy, the Bills, the phins and the Jets?  If you are using stats, you're making yourself look bad.  Also, please answer the post below (unless you don't have the knowledge to do so):

You did call Cassel a bum. Then you asked me if Quinn or Ryan would be better on that pats (as if both those teams are not loaded with offensive weapons). I didn't even respond to the Quinn comment, because the Browns have been one of the most potent offensive teams for years, and they have tons of weapons.  I thought I would talk about the Falcons, because they are your team, and you don't event know how good they are.  Please answer this post:

Not so fast, you wont be able to refute this:

Who is the eighth best QB in the NFL according to the stats....my argument from the start, lol.  Who is it?  All your sidebars and dodges don't change what I said.  I said: Matt Cassel was the eighth best qb in the NFL according to the stats.  I said that Cassel was not a bum, and that he was the reason that the pats are winning.  I said that you are a bafoon to call Cassel a bad qb.  When Cassel played Farve, Cassel had the better numbers.  Again, I am going by performance and stats, not bias, past achievements and reputation.

The "would this guy have the numbers on that team", and "the would-have-could-have, bullshit it an excuse".  You cannot argue with me using facts and stats, so you make up scenarios that don't deal with reality.  The pats have a rash of injuries, and Matt Ryan has plenty of offensive weapons as his disposal.  Cassel had a 5th string rb carrying the ball up until this week.  Not to mention, the line was allowing a ton of sacks this year. Lets look at your falcons for a comparison.  First, the Falcons have more total offense this year than the pats yet Cassel's numbers are better than Ryans (which = Ryans supporting cast picking up the extra slack).  Lets look at the running game.  Turner is making huge contributions to Ryan having so much success.  Not only is he the third best rusher in the NFL, he scored all four of Atlanta's td's last week.  Atlanta is the second best rushing team in the NFL, which proves the offensive line is doing a great job.  NE is ranked 7th in the NFL for rushing which is ob worse than Atlanta blowing the first part of your "supporting cast" garbage out of the water.  The previous stat proves that Ryan has more help from his running game than Cassel, because the rushing attempts are roughly the same for both teams, yet Matt Cassel has the better numbers.  Everyone know the running game opens up the passing game, and surprise-surprise Ryan is best on second down ( the passing down) after the run.  Typically the pats will throw out of the gun on first down, because the running game has been spotty this year.  Teams stack the box and don't bite on play actions like they do with Atlanta.  This bad supporting cast bullshit you are tossing around for Ryan is laughable you imbasile. The Falcons have the better offensive line and running game.

Now lets look at sacks.  The patriots have allowed 35 sacks this year, while the Falcons have allowed 13.  Your entire argument is being blown out of the water right now.  Atlanta has the  BETTER offensive line by 50%, yet Cassel has BETTER numbers than Matt Ryan.  That is the end of your argument, but lets go on for fun.....

Total offense favors the Falcons (yet Cassel has better numbers)  Total rushing yards favors the Falcons (yet Cassel has better numbers) Total sacks allowed favors the Falcons by 50% ( yet Cassel has better numbers).  So no, according to the FACTS, Ryan would not be as good in New England.  it's laughable considering the pats would have caused Ryan to be sacked 13 more times, and Cassel still has better numbers!

Now, use the stats I provided to show me a legit argument as to why Cassel is not the eighth best qb in the NFL this year.  11 games in the AFC east is a acceptable sample size.  Schools out your fraud.

Also, Matt Cassel was named offensive plater of the week for the second time this week.  You're right, no one talks about him

* In a 48-28 AFC East road victory over Miami, Cassel completed 30 of 43 passes (69.8 percent) for 415 yards and tied a career-high with three touchdowns versus one interception with a 114.0 passer rating.  Cassel led the Patriots’ offense to 530 total net yards (the second-highest total in team history) and also added an eight-yard rushing touchdown in the second quarter.  His 415 passing yards marked the fifth time in NFL history that a quarterback totaled 400 or more passing yards in consecutive games (400 yards against Jets on 11/13/08).  The first-year starter is the first player to register 400 passing yards in back-to-back games since Billy Volek accomplished the feat in 2004 with the Titans (426 yards on 12/13/04 and 492 yards on 12/19/04).

body88

« Reply #79 on: November 30, 2008, 04:38:58 PM »
He fucked me today! No playoffs for me(in one league anyway).

The steelers do have the #1 d in the NFL, Moss dropped 2 td passes, and it is winter in NE.  Why would you think Cassel would have a big passing day?

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: November 30, 2008, 04:40:01 PM »
The steelers do have the #1 d in the NFL, Moss dropped 2 td passes, and it is winter in NE.  Why would you think Cassel would have a big passing day?

I sat him the past two weeks and was at my wicks end with myself for doing it, especially last week after he had the breakout game. I just said fuck it and started my best player.
E

body88

« Reply #81 on: November 30, 2008, 04:41:55 PM »
I sat him the past two weeks and was at my wicks end with myself for doing it, especially last week after he had the breakout game. I just said fuck it and started my best player.

Had Moss not had butterfingers on two td passes in his bread basket, you would have had a good day.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: November 30, 2008, 04:44:32 PM »
Had Moss not had butterfingers on two td passes in his bread basket, you would have had a good day.

I lost my game by 5 :(
E

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #83 on: November 30, 2008, 06:43:40 PM »
Deebo made Matt Light look like a high school football player.  Outside of the two sacks/strips, he was grabbing Deebo around the neck and tackling him.  No holding, of course.... ???

body88

« Reply #84 on: November 30, 2008, 08:58:11 PM »
Deebo made Matt Light look like a high school football player.  Outside of the two sacks/strips, he was grabbing Deebo around the neck and tackling him.  No holding, of course.... ???

Light has trouble with certain speed rushers.  However, most of the time he does a great job.  Everyone holds.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #85 on: November 30, 2008, 11:52:40 PM »

Light has trouble with certain speed rushers.  However, most of the time he does a great job.  Everyone holds.

I agree with the the holding, but to be able to grab someone around the neck and ride them to the ground? 

no one

• Getbig V
'BODY 88', YOU'RE RIGHT- MATT CASSEL IS A BUM.
« Reply #86 on: December 01, 2008, 01:58:18 AM »

bahahahahahahahaha

um, 'body 88' , your little hero, the '8TH BEST QUARTERBACK IN THE LEAGUE' matt cassel, according to you is a better quarterback than brett favre, joe flacco, and matt ryan.

how do you explain that the aforementioned gentlemen are all taking their teams to the playoffs- teams that don't have nearly the talent at the skilled positions as NE- yet a team led by your next candidate for the hall of fame, matt cassel, so stacked at the skill positions (gaffney, moss, welker) isn't going to even get a wild card- and it's in the weakest of the two conferences- imagine if NE was in the NFC east? they'd win a whole 3-4 games on the back of that MONSTER matt cassel.

right- i forgot- it's all the o- line's fault.

::)

yes, matt cassel is definitely the '8TH BEST QUARTERBACK IN THE LEAGUE'.

bwahahahahahahahahaha

welcome to reality, boy.

(and the off season)

b

body88

« Reply #87 on: December 01, 2008, 07:13:22 AM »
I agree with the the holding, but to be able to grab someone around the neck and ride them to the ground? 

The guy has a great game, and all you can do is whine that light grabbed him by the neck  ::)  Casey Hamton was holding guys all over the place ( and was flagged for it), but you don't see me bitching.  Matt light has trouble with some of the games top speed rushers, but he also does a good job vs some ( Merimen and Ware to name a few).  Light is an above average o-linemen who had a pro-bowl year last year, thats about it.

body88

Re: 'BODY 88', YOU'RE RIGHT- MATT CASSEL IS A BUM.
« Reply #88 on: December 01, 2008, 07:14:35 AM »
um, 'body 88' , your little hero, the '8TH BEST QUARTERBACK IN THE LEAGUE' matt cassel, according to you is a better quarterback than brett favre, joe flacco, and matt ryan.

how do you explain that the aforementioned gentlemen are all taking their teams to the playoffs- teams that don't have nearly the talent at the skilled positions as NE- yet a team led by your next candidate for the hall of fame, matt cassel, so stacked at the skill positions (gaffney, moss, welker) isn't going to even get a wild card- and it's in the weakest of the two conferences- imagine if NE was in the NFC east? they'd win a whole 3-4 games on the back of that MONSTER matt cassel.

right- i forgot- it's all the o- line's fault.

First off, I said ACCORDING TO THE STATS Matt Cassel is the 8th best qb in the NFL. Haha, your meatball. BFury, your answer is in this post....just answer it.  Troll, you can't do it : )

You're going to use stats when Cassel has a poor day, but ignore his awesome stats vs Indy, the Bills, the phins and the Jets?  If you are using stats, you're making yourself look bad.  Also, please answer the post below (unless you don't have the knowledge to do so):

You did call Cassel a bum. Then you asked me if Quinn or Ryan would be better on that pats (as if both those teams are not loaded with offensive weapons). I didn't even respond to the Quinn comment, because the Browns have been one of the most potent offensive teams for years, and they have tons of weapons.  I thought I would talk about the Falcons, because they are your team, and you don't event know how good they are.  Please answer this post:

Not so fast, you wont be able to refute this:

Who is the eighth best QB in the NFL according to the stats....my argument from the start, lol.  Who is it?  All your sidebars and dodges don't change what I said.  I said: Matt Cassel was the eighth best qb in the NFL according to the stats.  I said that Cassel was not a bum, and that he was the reason that the pats are winning.  I said that you are a bafoon to call Cassel a bad qb.  When Cassel played Farve, Cassel had the better numbers.  Again, I am going by performance and stats, not bias, past achievements and reputation.

The "would this guy have the numbers on that team", and "the would-have-could-have, bullshit it an excuse".  You cannot argue with me using facts and stats, so you make up scenarios that don't deal with reality.  The pats have a rash of injuries, and Matt Ryan has plenty of offensive weapons as his disposal.  Cassel had a 5th string rb carrying the ball up until this week.  Not to mention, the line was allowing a ton of sacks this year. Lets look at your falcons for a comparison.  First, the Falcons have more total offense this year than the pats yet Cassel's numbers are better than Ryans (which = Ryans supporting cast picking up the extra slack).  Lets look at the running game.  Turner is making huge contributions to Ryan having so much success.  Not only is he the third best rusher in the NFL, he scored all four of Atlanta's td's last week.  Atlanta is the second best rushing team in the NFL, which proves the offensive line is doing a great job.  NE is ranked 7th in the NFL for rushing which is ob worse than Atlanta blowing the first part of your "supporting cast" garbage out of the water.  The previous stat proves that Ryan has more help from his running game than Cassel, because the rushing attempts are roughly the same for both teams, yet Matt Cassel has the better numbers.  Everyone know the running game opens up the passing game, and surprise-surprise Ryan is best on second down ( the passing down) after the run.  Typically the pats will throw out of the gun on first down, because the running game has been spotty this year.  Teams stack the box and don't bite on play actions like they do with Atlanta.  This bad supporting cast bullshit you are tossing around for Ryan is laughable you imbasile. The Falcons have the better offensive line and running game.

Now lets look at sacks.  The patriots have allowed 35 sacks this year, while the Falcons have allowed 13.  Your entire argument is being blown out of the water right now.  Atlanta has the  BETTER offensive line by 50%, yet Cassel has BETTER numbers than Matt Ryan.  That is the end of your argument, but lets go on for fun.....

Total offense favors the Falcons (yet Cassel has better numbers)  Total rushing yards favors the Falcons (yet Cassel has better numbers) Total sacks allowed favors the Falcons by 50% ( yet Cassel has better numbers).  So no, according to the FACTS, Ryan would not be as good in New England.  it's laughable considering the pats would have caused Ryan to be sacked 13 more times, and Cassel still has better numbers!

Now, use the stats I provided to show me a legit argument as to why Cassel is not the eighth best qb in the NFL this year.  11 games in the AFC east is a acceptable sample size.  Schools out your fraud.

Also, Matt Cassel was named offensive plater of the week for the second time this week.  You're right, no one talks about him

* In a 48-28 AFC East road victory over Miami, Cassel completed 30 of 43 passes (69.8 percent) for 415 yards and tied a career-high with three touchdowns versus one interception with a 114.0 passer rating.  Cassel led the Patriots’ offense to 530 total net yards (the second-highest total in team history) and also added an eight-yard rushing touchdown in the second quarter.  His 415 passing yards marked the fifth time in NFL history that a quarterback totaled 400 or more passing yards in consecutive games (400 yards against Jets on 11/13/08).  The first-year starter is the first player to register 400 passing yards in back-to-back games since Billy Volek accomplished the feat in 2004 with the Titans (426 yards on 12/13/04 and 492 yards on 12/19/04).

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #89 on: December 01, 2008, 07:46:08 AM »
What metric are you using to rank him 8th?  Has it changed overall since last week? 

As far as QB rating goes, I think he's 14th now.
Y

body88

« Reply #90 on: December 01, 2008, 09:53:15 AM »
What metric are you using to rank him 8th?  Has it changed overall since last week? 

As far as QB rating goes, I think he's 14th now.

I was using that stats from NFL.COM.  Cassel is now ranked 8th using the same stats:

1 Drew Brees  NO  QB  311  471  66.0  39.2  3,870  8.2  322.5  24  14  167  35.5  84T  50  15  10  95.9 
2 Kurt Warner  ARI  QB  323  472  68.4  39.3  3,741  7.9  311.8  24  11  184  39.0  79T  40  9  19  99.4 
3 Jay Cutler  DEN  QB  273  449  60.8  37.4  3,393  7.6  282.8  21  13  157  35.0  93T  45  7  7  87.8 
4 Donovan McNabb  PHI  QB  262  439  59.7  36.6  3,030  6.9  252.5  18  10  146  33.3  90T  40  8  18  84.8 
5 Philip Rivers  SD  QB  232  357  65.0  29.8  2,955  8.3  246.2  23  10  140  39.2  67  38  9  19  100.5 
6 Peyton Manning  IND  QB  281  445  63.1  37.1  2,948  6.6  245.7  19  12  155  34.8  75  28  4  12  85.3 
7 Aaron Rodgers  GB  QB  257  404  63.6  33.7  2,897  7.2  241.4  20  10  133  32.9  62  34  10  25  91.2 
8 Chad Pennington  MIA  QB  238  364  65.4  30.3  2,881  7.9  240.1  11  6  140  38.5  80T  33  6  21  92.8 
9 Matt Cassel  NE  QB  257  398  64.6  33.2  2,784  7.0  232.0  13  10  132  33.2  66T  26  4  39  85.5

Also, my whole point was from the start of this thread was that Matt Cassel was the eighth best QB in the NFL according to the stats during the hardest part of the pats schedule.  Cassel played the Colts, the Bills, the Phins and the Jets.  The people using a single bad game vs the best defense in the NFL (in the rain) are grasping at straws.  Cassel had awesome numbers vs four top teams leading up the yesterdays game, and Cassel was not the one who lost the game yesterday.  Moss dropped two td passes in his hands, and thats not even getting into the horrid play by Matt light, the o-line and the defense.  It was a bad game all around.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #91 on: December 01, 2008, 10:38:29 AM »
Oh, I'm not arguing whether Cassel's done well or not, just wasn't sure of the source of your data.  To me, he's done a decent job, but he's nowhere near the level that Dennis and Callahan were putting him at, and the people calling EEI and saying to keep him and trade Brady are morons.

I went to NFL.com, but when I choose the QB rankings, it shows him 14th. 
Y

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: December 01, 2008, 10:58:56 AM »

ahahahaha...

you're a maroon.

all your excuses for why NE is terrible and why you think matt cassel is alot better than anyone gives him credit for are empty.

the giants lost mitchell to buffalo, straghan to retirement, uminyora to injury and burress has only been active for a third of the season and they are still the best team in football, in the toughest division in football, so don't give the whole ' NE is missing alot of their key players to injury and that's why they suck' bullshit.

FAVRE, RYAN AND FLACCO ARE ALL GOING TO THE PLAYOFFS- but yet matt cassel, 'the 8th best quarterback in the league' and captain of the best team in football last year can't even make a wild card.

yeah, he's great.

god your're stupid.

i am done with you and this thread now that my work here is done-  you have shown yourself to be an idiot and without much help from me.

congratulations on that.

ahahahahahahahahahaha
b

body88

« Reply #93 on: December 01, 2008, 11:27:52 AM »
Oh, I'm not arguing whether Cassel's done well or not, just wasn't sure of the source of your data.  To me, he's done a decent job, but he's nowhere near the level that Dennis and Callahan were putting him at, and the people calling EEI and saying to keep him and trade Brady are morons.

I went to NFL.com, but when I choose the QB rankings, it shows him 14th. 

You must have a certain stat chosen then.  Stats- Postion -qb - Matt Cassel = 9th (all stats considered).

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #94 on: December 01, 2008, 12:27:38 PM »
You must have a certain stat chosen then.  Stats- Postion -qb - Matt Cassel = 9th (all stats considered).

OK - I think mine was ranked by QB rating alone.....

THis is what I have - it automatically ranks them on QB rating, all stats considered.

y=QUARTERBACK&season=2008&seasonType=REG" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=1&statisticPositionCategor y=QUARTERBACK&season=2008&seasonType=REG
Y

body88

« Reply #95 on: December 01, 2008, 01:50:36 PM »
OK - I think mine was ranked by QB rating alone.....

THis is what I have - it automatically ranks them on QB rating, all stats considered.

y=QUARTERBACK&season=2008&seasonType=REG" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=1&statisticPositionCategor y=QUARTERBACK&season=2008&seasonType=REG

A good stat no doubt, but not the best when it comes to rating a qb imo.