Author Topic: "Brett Favre"  (Read 25469 times)

donthate1

• Getbig II
Re: "Brett Favre"
« Reply #100 on: December 29, 2008, 12:20:13 PM »
is the most overrated QB in history.
Discuss

Not overrated, but overpaid!

Just fukin retire already! 

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #101 on: December 29, 2008, 10:18:50 PM »
fixed. For the doubters, show mw anyone who has done more with less.

Jason

PUHHHHHLLLEEEEEZZZZEEEE black

HDPhysiques

• Getbig III
  • "Hi-Def Bodies in Hi-Def Video"
« Reply #102 on: December 29, 2008, 11:47:29 PM »
LOL @ body88's epic meltdown.

So when the colts do it it's physical play?  I can remember off the top of my head three instances in which Bob Sanders hit a pats receiver leading with his helmet this year alone.

No shit - and he was PENALIZED for it - that's the point.  The Colts play solid D within the rules, and when they don't, they are appropriately penalized for it.  Something that the Pats, from 01-07 were not.

The video you showed can be made for any physical defense. 

Really?  Then where are they?  What other teams so blatantly got away with BULLSHIT that there are countless internet sites with video proof of it?   I'm waiting..........

It's a video that someone with way to much time on their hands put together that is one sided and biased.  Your making excuses for the colts, and it's as simple as that.  Again the colts db's were the most penalized db's in the NFL the year they won the sb, and you ignore this.

I'm not ignoring it at all - in fact, that's EXACTLY MY POINT!  The rest of the league gets flagged, while the Pats got away with murder, specifically in 01 and 04, and there is VIDEO PROOF.

Just another sour excuse maker for a team that was as soft as a babys ass. Wahhh, wahhhh!!!

Just another typical Pats fan meltdown. 

Lie. Show proof that the rest of the NFL felt the same way.  Your biased opinion is not fact.

Nor is yours. However, my "biased opinion" is supported with video evidence, while you just claim sour grapes.  You lose, jack.

Also, you call polian a stand up guy....was that before or after he got drunk in the Jets press box and threatened to break the leg of a well respected journalist?  More twisting of the truth to push your biased agenda. 

No, I only care about the field of play.  Obviously that's something you Pats fan want to turn the page on.

The pats still won in 2004 with the rule reemphasized, and by your words winning a sb during a time when the rules had been made "fair" again.

No, the rule was re-emphasized following the 2004 playoffs.  That was the year when the Colts were most victimized by Pats DB's.

Your envy is sickening. 

LOL @ envy.  Nah, I just have respect for legitimate sport, not a farce.

Thankfully Manning grew up and is now one of the best qb's ever.

Indeed, he's far better than Brady.

Hi pumpster/Bfury!  The most impactful players in a 3-4 are the defensive line. The nose who anchors the whole scheme (Wilfork 26), the DE that ties up two blockers (Seymour 28) and the DE who crashes the pocket(Warren 26).  Out of those players the oldest player (Seymour) is 28....that's the first dumb thing you said proven wrong.  Further more, the current crop of lb's (the guys who make the plays in a 3-4), are Mayo (Defensive rookie of the year Favorite), Guyton, Alexander, Vrabel and Thomas.  Again, Vrabel is the oldest of the bunch at 33. Mayo is 22, Guyton is 22, Alexander is 26 and Thomas is 30. Jr was only brought back when Ad Thomas went on ir. Lastly, you are simply incorrect in saying that the pats d is aging.

Every NFL analyst on every major network must be wrong then, and you're right.  :epic rollseyes:   The point was that they are not as good on defense this year than last, and that is why Cassell didn't go 16-0.  I would definitely argue that their injuries are more to blame than 1 additional year of aging on the defense, but the fact is every analyst made mention of the fact that their D is aging.  If guys like Bill Cowher, Jimmy Johnson, Marshall Faulk, Deion Sanders, Mark Schlereth, Ron Jaworski, etc.... are telling me that, I'm going to tend to take their word for it over yours.  Simple as that.  You can talk all you want about how they adjust their scheme, and who they plug in where, but the bottom line is, they are older, and more injured that last year, and that is why the D failed to produce like they did last year, and therefore why Cassell didn't enjoy the same team success that Brady did.

As shown above AGAIN, you don't know shit about the patriots.  Clearly you have no idea what you are talking about!

No, clearly you are a biased fanboy, incapable of seeing your team for what they really are.... an above average football team coached by an above average coach, who benefitted greatly from no-calls in Super Bowls and playoff games, thanks to their tight connections with the league office.

Brady is a product of the system and he is average? Show me an average QB who SMASHED every single season QB record, won three sb's and passed for 50td's and 4 int's.  I know you are just trying to get a rise out of me, but your lack of football knowledge is embarrassing. The guy just won the MVP, lol.

System & non-calls.  Of course, this is a cumulative effect.  The reason they, and he, did so well in 07, even under scrutiny after spygate, was because the talent level was so high.  Guys like Moss, Harrison, and Seymour took lower contracts in order to go to, or stay in, NE where they would be on a winning team.  Any defensive player, after seeing what you could get away with in NE, would love to play there and have a chance to win a ring, and pile up personal stats.

Clearly you were not....and the fact you are ignoring my point which blew yours out of the water proves you are just trying to be a smartass, and lack basic knowledge of the NFL or the Patriots.

Your point didn't blow anything of mine out of the water, sorry, bro.  In fact, my video evidence of their gift in SB36 cannot be refuted.

Your not going to get a rise out of me.....

It's obvious that I already have - you're in full blown meltmode.

It must suck to be so insecure that you think it hurts my feelings to hear your mindless nonsense.  You're not right, and you're ob quite insecure :-/ 

LOL - another resident Freud.  Knock yourself out, dude.  :rollseyes:

Why because you say so?  Again I form a great counter point to your nonsense and you come back with more baseless nonsense!  Show me the proof!!??

I've already shown you non-refutable video proof.  And if your "great counter point" was so great, then why do I not even know which of your fanboy rants you're even referring to?  You haven't even scored a point, let alone a "great counter point".

Another lie.....based on sour grapes and jealousy.  Just remember that the Giants won their first two sb's because of Bill Belichick  :)   

The Giants won because of Bill Parcells.  The same Bill Parcells that turned 1-15 Miami into a 11-5 division winner and playoff team.

What does this have to do with anything LMAO!!??  Kraft was the one who put up his own money to keep the Pats in NE, at the time the Pats were making no money, and the best interest of the team would have been a move!

The fact that you don't even know what I'm talking about here shows that you lack a significant amount of knowledge regarding your own teams history, and their near move to STL in the early-mid 90's.  Do some lookups on Steve Ortmayer, Jerry Clinton, Bobby Kraft, etc... and see what you come up with.

More delusional garbage by hd.
You are DRIPPING with Jealousy!
You seem to be the only one!!!!  Just more nonsense!  You're bitter as a lemon!!

No, I just stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.  ;)
JOIN HDPhysiques!!!!

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #103 on: December 30, 2008, 08:57:34 AM »
  PUHHHHHLLLEEEEEZZZZEEEE guy

Youre going to compare the Raiders when Jackson was there to the fucking Sanders' Lions? Surely youre kidding.

Jason

batista21

• Getbig I
« Reply #104 on: January 07, 2009, 05:55:25 AM »
I think that Brett Favre should just retire from football and start weight lifting/ bodybuilding.

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: January 07, 2009, 06:20:02 AM »
People that spend so much goddamn time preoccupied with football and quarterbacks are f'in losers!

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #106 on: January 07, 2009, 06:27:00 AM »
definetly not overrated- 3 time MVP ( Only Peyton manning has done that besides Favre), two superbowl appearences, one superbowl win+ the various records he holds.- Who gives a shit if he has the most int's? He's a gunslinger who takes a lot of risks. If not having a lot of int's mattered so much, Chad Pennington would be a hall of famer. As long as your teams win and you throw a lot of Td's, who cares? Outside of maybe a five year period between 95-00 ( which resulted in two superbowl appearences), he has played on mediocere teams where he has largely been the entire offense ( maybe throw in one or two years where Ahmad whats hisname was the running back and wasn't injured). He's a leader, a tough guy and has a rocket for an arm.

I do think that the idiots at ESPN overhype him way way way too much to the point where everyone is sick of hearing about him. As far as this year goes, he didn't play well down the stretch- But I blame a lot of that on the awful Jets coaching staff who tried to transform him into Chad Pennington instead of letting him be himself and throw the ball down field. Also, he had no game breaking receivers to throw to except the halfway decent and malcontent Laverneus Coles who dropped 80 million balls. That being said, he shouldn't have made the pro bowl this year, but who cares? Its a popularity contest.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #107 on: January 07, 2009, 06:50:28 AM »

'Favre' is the new f-word.

Tom

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #108 on: January 07, 2009, 06:51:27 AM »
it's time to retire favre! don't be a hanger on and get punch drunk for the rest of your life! it would be different if he was on a super bowl contending team, but he's not and won't be so yeah you still love to play, but why play if you lose more than you win at this point in your career?

now, speaking of favre being such a 'good guy and a 'stand up guy" not to blow anyone's personal opinion of the man, but this is the same guy who has/had a addiction problem with scrips and also back in the day was known as one of the "three amigos" around town hanging out with mark chmura (?!) and was a known womanizer and getting plastered while wife and the kiddies were at home.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #109 on: January 07, 2009, 07:01:10 AM »
I' know i'm jumping in late here but here's a few opinions.

When the Jets signed Favre, I wasn't overly thrilled. He was a good QB who got weekly blowjobs from the media no matter what he did on the field, which was throw a LOT of picks. especially later in his career. His "gunslinger" days were long gone.

Emmit smith was a FUCKING GREAT Running back. Scored TD's, had the heart of a lion and didn't put the ball on the ground. Barry Sanders was the best runner I have ever seen, but has zero rings.

The Patriots got away with MURDER in the secondary, I don't give a shit how many reports and stats you want to pull out of your ass. Their is physical play, and then there's laying the guy out before the ball arrives.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #110 on: January 07, 2009, 07:05:34 AM »
Epic use of the qoute function in this thread :o

HDPhysiques

• Getbig III
  • "Hi-Def Bodies in Hi-Def Video"
« Reply #111 on: January 08, 2009, 11:18:36 PM »
The Patriots got away with MURDER in the secondary, I don't give a shit how many reports and stats you want to pull out of your ass. Their is physical play, and then there's laying the guy out before the ball arrives.

Quoted for MASSIVE truth.

I will NEVER acknowledge them as the champions of SB36, and the Colts probably should've made it to one or two more SB's too.
JOIN HDPhysiques!!!!

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #112 on: January 08, 2009, 11:34:31 PM »
jesus christ!!  :o

whats with everyone posting their life stories?
No doubt about it...

kwri298

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #113 on: January 09, 2009, 09:23:51 AM »
it's time to retire favre! don't be a hanger on and get punch drunk for the rest of your life! it would be different if he was on a super bowl contending team, but he's not and won't be so yeah you still love to play, but why play if you lose more than you win at this point in your career?

now, speaking of favre being such a 'good guy and a 'stand up guy" not to blow anyone's personal opinion of the man, but this is the same guy who has/had a addiction problem with scrips and also back in the day was known as one of the "three amigos" around town hanging out with mark chmura (?!) and was a known womanizer and getting plastered while wife and the kiddies were at home.

Brett is all about Brett, he doesn't care about the team, he only cares about himself.  The Packers move forward because Brett said he was retiring then when he decides to un-retire he makes them look like the bad guys.  He left Green Bay in limbo for too many years.  Brett is someone who thinks he's entitled to things simply because he's Brett Favre.  Peyton Manning and Tom Brady both work very hard for where their at.  Brett Favre didn't even know what a Nickel defense was until he was in the league for a few years.  Brett Favre is the most overrated QB in the history of NFL IMO.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: January 09, 2009, 09:27:25 AM »
Brett is all about Brett, he doesn't care about the team, he only cares about himself.  The Packers move forward because Brett said he was retiring then when he decides to un-retire he makes them look like the bad guys.  He left Green Bay in limbo for too many years.  Brett is someone who thinks he's entitled to things simply because he's Brett Favre.  Peyton Manning and Tom Brady both work very hard for where their at.  Brett Favre didn't even know what a Nickel defense was until he was in the league for a few years.  Brett Favre is the most overrated QB in the history of NFL IMO.
YES YES. A 1000 TIMES YES!!!!!!

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #115 on: January 09, 2009, 09:41:15 AM »
Yes, the leagues 3 time MVP is over-rated...

I am so glad that my favorite athlete of all-time, Larry Bird, retired before he faded too badly and was scrutinized by today sports fan with the attention span of a hummingbird. 
wow, how quickly people forget...

kwri298

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #116 on: January 09, 2009, 08:34:51 PM »
Yes, the leagues 3 time MVP is over-rated...

I am so glad that my favorite athlete of all-time, Larry Bird, retired before he faded too badly and was scrutinized by today sports fan with the attention span of a hummingbird. 
wow, how quickly people forget...

So we agree ;D