Author Topic: WrestleMania Results & Discussion:  (Read 26702 times)

cheftim

• Getbig III
WrestleMania Results & Discussion:
« on: January 26, 2010, 10:22:21 AM »
If thats true about Hardy? I'd bet anything he draws #30. It would be a very cool start if Legacy drew 1, 2, and 3. Chef Timmy pics HHH to win the whole thing. Undertaker is definitely gonna loose the belt to Rey Rey. Any chance of somebody starting a Royal Rumble thread? Alot to be discussed here....

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
2010 Royal Rumble:
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 11:45:33 AM »
If thats true about Hardy? I'd bet anything he draws #30. It would be a very cool start if Legacy drew 1, 2, and 3. Chef Timmy pics HHH to win the whole thing. Undertaker is definitely gonna loose the belt to Rey Rey. Any chance of somebody starting a Royal Rumble thread? Alot to be discussed here....
I think Undertaker will retain his title due to outside interference from Batista and go through to WM as champion. I have a funny feeling Cena will win the rumble and face Undertaker for the title. We never seen an Undertaker vs Cena match on the big stage. I have a funny feeling at some point in the rumble it will boil down to HHH & Michaels and all hell is gonna break loose.

Interesting point about Legacy. Imagine Orton, Cody & DiBiase all drawing 1 2 & 3.  :)

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
Re: 2010 Royal Rumble:
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 04:15:13 PM »
I think Taker will retain, and he might keep it all the way through to WM.  Not sure about the Orton/Sheamus one, I'd probably go for Sheamus to keep it.

As for the winner of the Rumble, I'm gonna go for Michaels.  Vince told him to make the match happen himself, so he'll have to win the Rumble to do that.  It'll be him and HHH as the last two.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 05:38:30 AM »
I think Taker will retain, and he might keep it all the way through to WM.  Not sure about the Orton/Sheamus one, I'd probably go for Sheamus to keep it.

As for the winner of the Rumble, I'm gonna go for Michaels.  Vince told him to make the match happen himself, so he'll have to win the Rumble to do that.  It'll be him and HHH as the last two.
I expect Sheamus to lose to Orton. Michaels already won 2 Rumbles in the past and last years match he had with the Undertaker was spectacular. I can't see them one-upping that match as both are said to be in really rough shape in terms of health. I expect a HHH vs Michaels match at WM with Vince & Brett Hart somehow worked in the angle and a Cena vs Undertaker match for the title at WM.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 09:23:21 AM »
Sheamus still has to proove himself IMO. Not main event material at all. He's still green IMO. As for Ray, he is schedualed to have reconstructive knee surgury in April so there is no way the WWE will make him upset the Undertaker at RR. As of now according to the leaked storylines on the net, it will be a triple threat match at RR with Undertaker, Ray & Batista.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2010, 10:44:54 AM »
Michaels needs to stop wrestling, period. I'm getting really sick of looking at him on TV with his old man comb-over skullet. Looks pathetic and old, sorry to say. Get some new blood up in there.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2010, 12:08:30 PM »
The title switches hands every eye blink. Reys surgery won't effect anything. The title will switch hands ten times by then. Undertaker is losing at the Rumble. Undertaker I believe is only defending the Streak at Mania. I love it. This is always the most exciting time of year! I can't wait until Sunday! Hope Legacy draws 1, 2, 3!
No...Ray is not winning anything. A knee replacement is serious stuff. Thus the three way match I mentioned in the works. It will take stress and working pressure off Ray. 

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2010, 12:14:37 PM »
Michaels needs to stop wrestling, period. I'm getting really sick of looking at him on TV with his old man comb-over skullet. Looks pathetic and old, sorry to say. Get some new blood up in there.

Nothing will ever change the quality of worker he was 10+ years ago.
History preserves that, but overstaying his welcome now may certainly diminish his legacy in a lot of fans’ eyes.

It seems that – to his ego – it is more important to remain in the spotlight instead of going out on a high note.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2010, 02:44:45 PM »
Sheamus isn't a Mania main event guy. Orton is still one of the top guys. He's definitely winning the title and is one of the headline matches at WM. If Taker retains the belt then they've lost on another World Title match. Mania is three main events. Streak and two World title matches. Rey is gonna win the belt. It's gonna hit the fan between HBK/HHH in the Rumble no doubt. I just really think HHH is gonna take the whole show this year. Something big is gonna happen with the Legacy as well. Kane is gonna go off as usual. Does DX have a tag match defending the titles that night as well?

I agree about Sheamus, I'm just not sure they're gonna take the title off him straight away, I reckon he'll lose it between RR and WM.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2010, 06:05:00 AM »
I agree about Sheamus, I'm just not sure they're gonna take the title off him straight away, I reckon he'll lose it between RR and WM.
I hope Orton wins and punt kicks his Irish head.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2010, 03:30:49 PM »
I hope Orton wins and punt kicks his Irish head.

I'm not sure.  I can see a Sheamus/Orton team in the future.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2010, 01:14:07 PM »
Sheamus is gonna team up with the IC champ. I don't know what his name is.

Drew McIntyre?  They're on different shows at the moment, so they'd have to switch someone for that to happen.  Sheamus and McIntyre have quite a history over in the UK, where they've faced each other in several promotions for different belts.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2010, 04:09:24 PM »
It doesn't matter? Jericho was thrown off Raw yet he's still on it every Monday then on Smackdown on Friday. DX was on smackdown last night. All I'm saying is that HHH is gonna win the Rumble tomorrow night. Any chance of the rated R superstar showing up as a suprise???

Last time I read anything, it said that he was ahead of schedule, but I don't know if he'll be ready this early.  I'd definitely expect him before WM.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2010, 03:30:16 PM »
I don't think I've been looking forward to a PPV this much for quite some time.  I don't know why, maybe it's the whole TNA thing, but I wanna see if there are any surprises thrown in tonight.  And as much as I wanna see HBK win, I have a feeling that HHH will throw him out!

;D

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2010, 03:41:14 PM »
Any links to watch the rumble?
DAWG

cheftim

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2010, 04:15:09 PM »
I don't think I've been looking forward to a PPV this much for quite some time.  I don't know why, maybe it's the whole TNA thing, but I wanna see if there are any surprises thrown in tonight.  And as much as I wanna see HBK win, I have a feeling that HHH will throw him out!

;D
The Rumble never lets down. It's gonna be awesome! I really hope Orton takes it to this cup of milk tonight. Really interested to see if the Hitman is gonna have play in this some way? Is it possible for Batista to interfere in the Taker/Rey match and cause Taker the title so they have streak match at Mania? Out of all PPV's this one is always my favorite! HHH for the win.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2010, 07:03:50 AM »
Well everyone, here goes:

Christian beat Ezikiel Jackson to retain the ECW title

Mickey James beat Michelle McCool to win the womens championship

The Miz beat MVP to retain the U.S. title

The Undertaker defeated Ray Mysterio to retain the World Heavywieght championship

Sheamus beat Orton by DQ to retain the WWE championship after Cody Rhodes interfered and cost Orton the match. Orton got so pissed he beat the holy hell out of Rhodes and as DiBiase tried to break it up, Sheamus kicked Orton with that famous boot.

To make a long story short, Edge made his return and won the rumble.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2010, 07:49:34 AM »
Some other tidybits....

HBK eliminated HHH from the rumble so that opens the door for them to break up and start fueding leading into WM. Since Edge won, he gets to fight the champ of his choice instead of Jericho as originally planned. WWE has really changed their story lines to fool people like us who read the story that leak out  :)

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2010, 07:50:17 AM »
I posted them on their own thread but here are the results:

Well everyone, here goes:

Christian beat Ezikiel Jackson to retain the ECW title

Mickey James beat Michelle McCool to win the womens championship

The Miz beat MVP to retain the U.S. title

The Undertaker defeated Ray Mysterio to retain the World Heavywieght championship

Sheamus beat Orton by DQ to retain the WWE championship after Cody Rhodes interfered and cost Orton the match. Orton got so pissed he beat the holy hell out of Rhodes and as DiBiase tried to break it up, Sheamus kicked Orton with that famous boot.

To make a long story short, Edge made his return and won the rumble.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2010, 09:04:46 AM »
I posted them on their own thread but here are the results:

I didn’t want to merge your thread that you just started this morning, but I wanted to post the Rumble results in the sticky.
It was faster & easier for me to just copy and paste your post.

Plagiarism – college's greatest lesson!
 ;D

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2010, 09:12:00 AM »

I didn’t want to merge your thread that you just started this morning, but I wanted to post the Rumble results in the sticky.
It was faster & easier for me to just copy and paste your post.

Plagiarism – college's greatest lesson!
 ;D

No worries....all good. Sometimes i'll post something big like that in its own thread so everyone can see it without having to look for it in the News & Notes. Very interesting rumble though. They have many different angles / storylines they can do for Mania.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2010, 09:14:06 AM »
Do you think Vince is turning things up because of the upcoming pressure from TNA?

I’m not implying that he would intentionally do poorly – or even go on “auto pilot.”
I’m just curious if he’s maybe trying a little harder now.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2010, 09:18:42 AM »
Do you think Vince is turning things up because of the upcoming pressure from TNA?

I’m not implying that he would intentionally do poorly – or even go on “auto pilot.”
I’m just curious if he’s maybe trying a little harder now.

Could be, mind you the ball is in Vince's court. Tna will still need a couple of good years before really giving Vince a good run for his money. One thing I did notice is that WWE has been changing storylines at the last minute do to storylines leaking out to the net. Now keep in mind that there is still one PPV left before heading into WM. So alot can happen.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2010, 06:58:29 PM »
The Edge/Jericho match could still happen if Jericho wins one of the titles before WM.

I'm watching Raw now, and I'm getting tired of Sheamus already.  The guys got no charisma, and the glare from his skin is giving me a headache.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2010, 04:41:26 AM »
With the results of the rumble and the elimination ppv coming up in a few weeks plus the Bret / Vince storyline, there are so many things they can do at WM.