Author Topic: WrestleMania Results & Discussion:  (Read 26721 times)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: 2010 Royal Rumble:
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2010, 10:31:56 AM »
Michaels is gonna put his career on the line to face the Undertaker. He's gonna say either he wins or he's gone. Love HBK but he is looking so bad. His eyes, hair, and he walks like he has something jammed up his behind. He really needs to hang it up.

WWE will not make Michaels fight the Undertaker at WM. Aside from the fact that we just witnessed an epic battle between the two on the biggest stage of them all would cheapen their performance last year. They would never be able to one-up that match. Both are far to injured. From what it looks like, HHH will face Michaels but Michaels will be the one who has the heel turn this time. It has been building up slowly and something will go down at the Elimination chamber PPV in a couple of weeks. Should be pretty interesting.

Also, note that there will be a Cutting Edge segment on Smackdown this week were the guest will be the Undertaker. Edge will face whichever champ he chooses at WM.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Road to WrestleMania:
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2010, 01:25:01 PM »
Is Bret gonna push the Hart Dynasty at all?

I suspect that is a major reason he returned.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2010, 05:40:22 AM »
What do you think the card is gonna be then this year Playboy? How's DX is gonna loose the tag belts? And what do you think is gonna happen with Batista? Is Bret gonna push the Hart Dynasty at all?
Its really tough to call. They have so many angles they can do now which is great and not as typical WWE predictable. With Edge back, winning the rumble, hart and McMahon, Michaels slowly turning heel, DX, the tag belts, etc.....so much can happen. I'm really excited. I believe the upcoming Elimination Chamber PPV will determine everything that will take place at this years WM.

Personally, I would love to see Michaels vs HHH on the big stage. I have a funny feeling that DX will lose the titles in the very near future causing them to split up and fued. I also think that whomever Edge challenges, Batista will be filtered in and it will be a triple threat match. Very hard to call though. WWE is doing great at changing the storylines. Will see what happens.

Skeeter

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2010, 10:50:11 AM »
Is Bret gonna push the Hart Dynasty at all?

With Batista backing McMahon on Raw you might see a Batista/Hart Dynasty feud in the future.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2010, 12:57:54 PM »
With Batista backing McMahon on Raw you might see a Batista/Hart Dynasty feud in the future.
I don't think Bret will have anything to do with the Hart Dynasty. He is in a completely different league and show for that matter. He's doing Raw, They're doing Smackdown.
Best times in WWE are between the Rumble & WM. We should be in for some good stories here. Batista is helping Vince no doubt as his loophole to get another title shot.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2010, 04:58:33 AM »
I cannot see how VKM wouldn't use Bret to push the Hart Dynasty unless Bret refused? I mean come on lets earn$ here. In my eyes The Hart Dynasty has an unbelieveably bright future. I mean not only because of their Bloodline/Name. But everytime I see them perform they only seem to get better and better. Davey Jr. is a powerhouse and Neidhart is a fox. They're a great, great trio. Realistically Bret or no Bret these guys are going to the top. A push from Bret would just get them there a little sooner. I have a superbowl pig roasting as we speak!
I want in on that roasting pig! Sounds good!

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2010, 06:30:40 PM »
Davey Jr. is a powerhouse

I can't decide on this guy.  He's got the size and power to be really good, but whenever I see him, he doesn't look comfortable with what he's doing, and sometimes he looks plain clumsy.  I just can't see him being a main eventer at all.  Kidd on the other hand looks really good.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2010, 07:46:04 PM »
I wonder how many people try to compare him to his Dad.
It's hard not to, but those are awfully big boots to fill.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2010, 05:00:47 AM »
I wonder how many people try to compare him to his Dad.
It's hard not to, but those are awfully big boots to fill.

He fails in comparison to his dad IMO. Davey Boy Smith was a one of a kind. His son can wrestle ok but can't cut a promo. He's not all that he is cracked out to be. Mind you he is still young and has lots of time to bloom. 

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2010, 08:05:11 AM »
Oh, I agree 100%.

We also can’t forget that, for as great as Davey was, he didn’t start like that. No matter how much natural ability someone has, they’re all green when they start out. Davey learned, worked hard, and improved to become one of the most incredible workers ever.

David Jr. is still young, still has some time to improve, and he probably inherited some of his old man’s aptitude.
It's a shame that Davey Sr. isn't around now to coach him.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2010, 08:11:20 AM »
One thing I’d like to add as far as father/son wrestlers…

It seems – at least to me – that usually, the son ends up in a different league than his dad. He’s either substantially better, or noticeably not as good. Seldom are they equal.

Q.E.D. – Rock achieved the kind of success that Rocky Johnson probably never dreamt possible. Conversely, David Sammartino should never be mentioned in the same day as his dad – unless Bruno is the one talking.

Again, the pattern seems to be that “junior” is either better or not as good. Unfortunately for David, it’s gonna be difficult to top his old man in the ring.
But, I don’t take that to mean that he’s going to suck (please refrain from thinking of your favorite Pat Patterson dick joke, now).

Only time will tell.
He’s gotten an opportunity that few enjoy. If he really wants it, and he’s smart, he’ll find a way to capitalize on it.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2010, 08:34:32 AM »
He just doesn't look confident in his own ability.  Like he's unsure of being in the spotlight, and is nervous all the time.  Maybe he needs to take a step back down the ladder until he's ready.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2010, 11:44:26 AM »
One thing I’d like to add as far as father/son wrestlers…

It seems – at least to me – that usually, the son ends up in a different league than his dad. He’s either substantially better, or noticeably not as good. Seldom are they equal.

Q.E.D. – Rock achieved the kind of success that Rocky Johnson probably never dreamt possible. Conversely, David Sammartino should never be mentioned in the same day as his dad – unless Bruno is the one talking.

Again, the pattern seems to be that “junior” is either better or not as good. Unfortunately for David, it’s gonna be difficult to top his old man in the ring.
But, I don’t take that to mean that he’s going to suck (please refrain from thinking of your favorite Pat Patterson dick joke, now).

Only time will tell.
He’s gotten an opportunity that few enjoy. If he really wants it, and he’s smart, he’ll find a way to capitalize on it.

I noticed that the second / third generation stars are not nearly as good as their fathers. The only wrestlers that surpassed their fathers that quickly come to mind are:

Randy Orton
Jake Roberts
The Rock

Ted Dibiase Jr is not nearly as good as his old man. Neither is Cody or Duston Rhodes (Runnels). Those are very, very tough shoes to fill and most likely will not be filled.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2010, 12:27:31 PM »
Cody is getting better and better every time I see him. Ted Jr. will never achieve the greatness the Million Dollar Man was. Million Dollar Man was another one of the very few that never had to reivent himself. Definitely one of the greatest heels in my life time. He stirred the $hit like no other. Great performer.
The problem I see with Cody is his persona. He is a good up and coming wrestler and a great mat technician but he is a total dud in front of the camara and on the mic. Totally opposite like his old man. When Dusty Rhodes cut a promo he was unbelievable and so was his following.

Speaking of Ted Di Biase senior, I was glad to hear the announcement of his HOF induction this year. Long overdue.

mikediesel

• Getbig III
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2010, 07:26:03 PM »
When the Hart dynasty interacted with Jericho it was pure gold....

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2010, 05:36:15 AM »
Well, seeing how they did that angle on Raw where Bret was backed into by another car and "broke his leg", that is the way out for him not to wrestle. I can see it now. Vince chooses Batista to represent him at WM26 and Bret chooses John Cena.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2010, 09:23:10 AM »
Well, seeing how they did that angle on Raw where Bret was backed into by another car and "broke his leg", that is the way out for him not to wrestle. I can see it now. Vince chooses Batista to represent him at WM26 and Bret chooses John Cena.

Or they could be setting up the story to be told during a future match. Bret is from the school that could do that.

Picture this:
Bret ends up in a match with someone. His leg is still not 100% and maybe by this time he’s graduated to wearing a brace.
The bum leg would serve to legitimize the slower/more limited work rate compared to the last time we saw Bret in a match (people remember others as they last saw them).

[Smarks will criticize Bret’s current ability regardless, while casual fans from that time will accept the story line of the injured leg, attributing the match’s quality to it.]  

Okay, back to the match:
The announcers will keep subtly reminding fans of the brace’s hindrance, suggesting that Bret’s signature move will be of no help to him tonight. He struggles his way through the match.

Now…the emotional highlight of the match: Underdog Bret finally gains the upper hand. He dramatically tears off the brace. Against all odds, he barely & painfully applies the sharpshooter – THE MOST SIGNIFICANT SHARPSHOOTER HE’S EVER APPLIED! Victory!
That "has-been" match could easily outshine all others on the card because of its emotion and the story it told.

Think back to Fred Blassie’s last WWF appearance when he came out in a wheelchair. Remember the enormous pop he got when he stood up out of the chair?
Hundreds of millions of people stand up from a chair every day, and it means nothing.
30 seconds of setup time made Blassie’s standing receive a standing ovation from the crowd.

They could do the same thing with Bret.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2010, 10:27:08 AM »

Or they could be setting up the story to be told during a future match. Bret is from the school that could do that.

Picture this:
Bret ends up in a match with someone. His leg is still not 100% and maybe by this time he’s graduated to wearing a brace.
The bum leg would serve to legitimize the slower/more limited work rate compared to the last time we saw Bret in a match (people remember others as they last saw them).

[Smarks will criticize Bret’s current ability regardless, while casual fans from that time will accept the story line of the injured leg, attributing the match’s quality to it.]  

Okay, back to the match:
The announcers will keep subtly reminding fans of the brace’s hindrance, suggesting that Bret’s signature move will be of no help to him tonight. He struggles his way through the match.

Now…the emotional highlight of the match: Underdog Bret finally gains the upper hand. He dramatically tears off the brace. Against all odds, he barely & painfully applies the sharpshooter – THE MOST SIGNIFICANT SHARPSHOOTER HE’S EVER APPLIED! Victory!
That "has-been" match could easily outshine all others on the card because of its emotion and the story it told.

Think back to Fred Blassie’s last WWF appearance when he came out in a wheelchair. Remember the enormous pop he got when he stood up out of the chair?
Hundreds of millions of people stand up from a chair every day, and it means nothing.
30 seconds of setup time made Blassie’s standing receive a standing ovation from the crowd.

They could do the same thing with Bret.

Wouldn't it be amazing if Bret got Vince in a sharpshooter? Lol... that would be priceless.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2010, 10:47:58 AM »
In all likelihood, I fully expect that's who it would be.

That’s one more reason I think they did the leg injury angle – to begin to set that up.
Vince is in the “over 60” club and Bret has had his share of setbacks - being medically cleared to wrestle does not mean you can all of the sudden work in the ring like you did 20 years ago.

The setup I believe is happening will provide the “forgiveness” for not putting on a match to rival those of Bret’s prime.

And with the proper buildup, yes – Bret [to be] putting Vince in the sharpshooter will draw good numbers – particularly with all of the real life drama & tension from their past.

mikediesel

• Getbig III
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2010, 08:54:30 PM »
Wrestlemania:

Cena wins elimination chamber and WWE strap. Vince mcmahon gives Batista a title shot against Cena at Wrestlemania. Edge gets involve and says that he wants to challange Cena for the strap since he won the royal rumble.

Cena Vs Batista Vs Edge (Triple Threat for WWE strap)

John Morrison sells his ankle injury and is pulled from elimination chamber, and is replaced by Shawn Michaels. Shawn wins Heavyweight strap. Plays mind games with Undertaker since undertaker didnt want to face him at wrestlemania when he was champ. Finally Michaels ups the ante and only fights undertaker if he agrees to a career for belt match

Taker Vs shawn michaels (World heavyweight title for career match.

Mysterio gets sick of the straight edge society putting the fans down, cuts a promo speaking against the straight edge society, starts Mysterio Punk feud.

CM punk vs mysterio (hair vs mask)

some thoughts or wishes for wrestlemania

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2010, 05:20:27 AM »
Where's HHH fit into all of this?
My thoughts exactly.

Plus again, I don't think they will make Undertaker fight Michaels again. They will have to one up their match last year which is impossible to do. The match will have lost its sizzle.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2010, 07:04:23 AM »
I can't see them giving Shawn a title run.  As long as we don't see Edge vs Cena again, I don't really mind.  HHH vs HBK would be cool, especially with a retirement angle.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2010, 09:12:20 AM »
I believe it's gonna be Cena/Animal this year. I refuse to watch Cena against Orton or Edge ever again. I cannot see Edge facing Undertaker? It will be hard for Undertaker/HBK to top their lasts years match but I believe they can do it! These are the two best guys we got! And nobody turns it on come Mania time like Undertaker and Boy Toy. I would like to see it again and see what these guys bring to the table. The only thing that puts doubt in my mind about the rematch is HHH. Where does he fit in. He's still one of our biggest stars. Taker faces Shawn again whats gonna happen with HHH?
I'm still confident that we will see a HHH vs Shawn Michaels match of some sort at WM. I have a funny feeling we'll see jericho, edge & Undertaker in a triple threat match and Cena vs Batista with the Hart / VKM angle worked into play. That's my prediction.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2010, 05:17:53 PM »
I'm still confident that we will see a HHH vs Shawn Michaels match of some sort at WM. I have a funny feeling we'll see jericho, edge & Undertaker in a triple threat match and Cena vs Batista with the Hart / VKM angle worked into play. That's my prediction.

That could definitely happen.  The good thing about this year is that there are so many different ways they can go.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2010, 05:58:25 AM »
How many matches you figure there's gonna be? Sheamus has to have a match. Plus one Divas match. The Tag belts. The IC belt. Legacy has to have a match somehow. Plus CM Punk. Jericho has to be worked in somehow? Any chance of him winning the title and then facing Edge at Mania? I think the only match so far for certain is Batista/Cena.
Well Cheftim, here's my predictions:

Cena vs Batista (in a VKM / Hart) angle. Bret in Cena's corner, VKM in Batista's corner.

HHH vs Shawn Michaels

Edge vs Jericho (as champion. I think he'll win at elimination chamber) vs Undertaker in a triple threat match. This would work well considering the Undertaker is very hurting with a bad hip that requires a hip replacement so it would take the stress off the Undertaker.

Show & Miz defend the tag titles against MVP & Mark Henry

A money in the bank match with other stars like Matt Hardy, Shelton Bejimen, Christian, Dolph Ziggler etc.

Drew Mcentyre defends the IC title against Probably John Morrison.

A diva's title match. Probably Mickey James against Michelle McCool (no one really cares here)

There you have it. Mind you anything can happen or change but that's my call.