Author Topic: Police State - Official Thread  (Read 990767 times)

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
Re: Police State - Official Thread
« Reply #1750 on: August 31, 2014, 10:41:39 AM »
Nebraska Cops Receive no Jail Time for Stealing Memory Card, Despite Big Talk from County Attorney

A Nebraska cop who chased a man into his home after he had video recorded cops arresting his brother, confiscating his camera and later admitting to throwing the memory card away, received a year of probation this week after his charge was reduced from a felony to misdemeanors.

James Kinsella was part of a mob of cops from the Omaha Police Department who chased a man inside his home without a warrant last year after the man attempted to video record them abusing his brother, a scene that was captured on a camera by a neighbor from an upstairs window in a shocking video that went viral.

But what took place inside the home was even more egregious, according to Douglas County Attorney Don Kleine, who called a press conference last year to announce he was charging Kinsella with felony tampering with evidence – a rare move by any prosecutor when it comes to cop deleting footage.

However, Klein later reduced the charge to two misdemeanor counts of obstruction of government operations because the cop claimed there was no video on the memory card.

Klein also dropped charges against another cop he had charged last year, Aaron Von Behren, a sergeant who was facing two misdemeanors, accessory to a felony and obstruction of government operations, for orchestrating the coverup by ordering his officers to keep hush about the disposal of the memory card – which they claim contained no video evidence anyway.

Kleine said, prosecutors had a few obstacles in prosecuting Von Behren. Much of the information gleaned about Von Behren’s instructions came from an Omaha police internal affairs investigation, Kleine said.

By law, authorities cannot use any admissions or statements made in such internal investigations because officers don’t have the right to refuse interviews with their supervisors. That prevented prosecutors from using officers’ statements to internal affairs about Von Behren’s purported instructions.

And because Kinsella no longer faced a felony, Von Behren could no longer be considered an accessory to a felony.

Kinsella and Von Behren were fired for the incident along with two other officers, one who was rehired earlier this year.

Meanwhile, a civil lawsuit against the department and the officers is still pending.

http://photographyisnotacrime.com/2014/08/30/nebraska-cops-receive-jail-time-stealing-memory-card/

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #1751 on: September 01, 2014, 09:33:19 PM »
5 officers from 3 different police agencies caught on camera misusing emergency lights

Several police officers are under investigation after cellphone video caught them heading to a bakery on Coral Way with their emergency overhead lights flashing.

http://www.local10.com/news/officers-use-emergency-lights-for-breakfast-trip-to-bakery/27771700

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #1752 on: September 03, 2014, 10:37:20 AM »
There might have been (or not) circumstances that the cops might not have had perfect visibility or time to react but why charge that person with murder when it wasn't him that shot the innocent bystander?
The argument "As a result of Roach's actions, an individual was killed therefore probable cause exist to further charge Roach with first degree felony murder" is just ridiculous.

I understand the basis for the law. If during a felony crime you are committing, someone dies due to your direct, or indirect actions, you should be held accountable. Had you not been committing the crime it would never have happened. However, it doesn't and shouldn't mean the cop won't be held accountable at some level. 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #1753 on: September 03, 2014, 04:21:01 PM »
Nebraska Cops Receive no Jail Time for Stealing Memory Card, Despite Big Talk from County Attorney

A Nebraska cop who chased a man into his home after he had video recorded cops arresting his brother, confiscating his camera and later admitting to throwing the memory card away, received a year of probation this week after his charge was reduced from a felony to misdemeanors.

James Kinsella was part of a mob of cops from the Omaha Police Department who chased a man inside his home without a warrant last year after the man attempted to video record them abusing his brother, a scene that was captured on a camera by a neighbor from an upstairs window in a shocking video that went viral.

But what took place inside the home was even more egregious, according to Douglas County Attorney Don Kleine, who called a press conference last year to announce he was charging Kinsella with felony tampering with evidence – a rare move by any prosecutor when it comes to cop deleting footage.

However, Klein later reduced the charge to two misdemeanor counts of obstruction of government operations because the cop claimed there was no video on the memory card.

Klein also dropped charges against another cop he had charged last year, Aaron Von Behren, a sergeant who was facing two misdemeanors, accessory to a felony and obstruction of government operations, for orchestrating the coverup by ordering his officers to keep hush about the disposal of the memory card – which they claim contained no video evidence anyway.

Kleine said, prosecutors had a few obstacles in prosecuting Von Behren. Much of the information gleaned about Von Behren’s instructions came from an Omaha police internal affairs investigation, Kleine said.

By law, authorities cannot use any admissions or statements made in such internal investigations because officers don’t have the right to refuse interviews with their supervisors. That prevented prosecutors from using officers’ statements to internal affairs about Von Behren’s purported instructions.

And because Kinsella no longer faced a felony, Von Behren could no longer be considered an accessory to a felony.

Kinsella and Von Behren were fired for the incident along with two other officers, one who was rehired earlier this year.

Meanwhile, a civil lawsuit against the department and the officers is still pending.

http://photographyisnotacrime.com/2014/08/30/nebraska-cops-receive-jail-time-stealing-memory-card/

This is another good example of why I find Agnostic to be typically deceptive and misleading.

They can't use the guy's statements against him cause he's compelled to answer their questions - just as I pointed out earlier in this thread.

So, why should cops receive special treatment?

It is truly disgusting.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #1754 on: September 04, 2014, 08:57:34 AM »

This is another good example of why I find Agnostic to be typically deceptive and misleading.

They can't use the guy's statements against him cause he's compelled to answer their questions - just as I pointed out earlier in this thread.

So, why should cops receive special treatment?

It is truly disgusting.

I'm an open book dude. Cops don't recieve special treatment. What you have a problem with seems to be that cops are afforded the same treatment as citizens. There are criminal investigations, and there are administrative investigations. Citizens and Cops both are subject to the criminal investigations. Both have rights. Both can refuse to cooperate. Where the difference is, is citizens don't have administrative investigations where they are compelled to talk without any rights other than the promise that what they say in the administrative investigation won't be used in the criminal portion, as that would violate their rights. 

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #1755 on: September 04, 2014, 11:30:35 AM »
I'm an open book dude. Cops don't recieve special treatment. What you have a problem with seems to be that cops are afforded the same treatment as citizens. There are criminal investigations, and there are administrative investigations. Citizens and Cops both are subject to the criminal investigations. Both have rights. Both can refuse to cooperate. Where the difference is, is citizens don't have administrative investigations where they are compelled to talk without any rights other than the promise that what they say in the administrative investigation won't be used in the criminal portion, as that would violate their rights. 
I think hes referring to when the police back each other up guys essentially guilty of murder are put on paid leave and then go back to work, and may have done it 2-3x with nothing to show.

It does happen a lot in papers......the system doest always work like its supposed to and it seems to be working improperly more and more. It seems to be a bigger problem in areas kike Chicago, NY city, DC... major liberal cities rife with corruption..

Seeing it a lot in smaller towns too, anywhere where a good old boys mentality can foster

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #1756 on: September 04, 2014, 11:36:32 AM »
I think hes referring to when the police back each other up guys essentially guilty of murder are put on paid leave and then go back to work, and may have done it 2-3x with nothing to show.

It does happen a lot in papers......the system doest always work like its supposed to and it seems to be working improperly more and more. It seems to be a bigger problem in areas kike Chicago, NY city, DC... major liberal cities rife with corruption..

Seeing it a lot in smaller towns too, anywhere where a good old boys mentality can foster

If that's what he means then cool. To be honest, I really don't know what he means. I thought it was that he thinks cops get special treatment in criminal cases but again.. not sure 

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #1757 on: September 04, 2014, 11:46:28 AM »
If that's what he means then cool. To be honest, I really don't know what he means. I thought it was that he thinks cops get special treatment in criminal cases but again.. not sure 
I was speakinf more on his general attitutde.... not much on this specific situation.

It appears hes saying that the way the law works for officers, doesnt work for civilians...

Theh xant use his statement because hes compelled to answer... but they should would use a civilians.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #1758 on: September 04, 2014, 04:52:38 PM »

Hide behind your finger if you must, but don't think that we can't see you. The facts are simple: cops do get special rights: acts that would, when performed by non-cops, result in arrests or criminal investigations magically become acts that are "handled internally" which is reverse-pidgin for "ain't no big deal!"

If I run a stop sign and lie to police about it and perjure myself, I'd get charged - and almost certainly arrested and dragged before a Judge. A cop, on the other hand? Nothing happens at first - not until the evidence - in the form of a video recording - becomes overwhelming and irrefutable. So he goes in for a nice chat with the IA boys, oops, forgive me, I meant to say he goes in to give a statement in an IA investigation. During the course of this get-together, err, interview, he eventually admits to running a stop sign, hitting and severely injuring another motorist as a result, lying about it to other officers on the scene, causing the victim to get arrested and charged on suspicion of driving under the influence, perjuring himself by lying in his official police report.

And what happens to this piece-of-shit who kickstarted a legal and health nightmare for this poor woman that he rammed with his car? NOTHING. It's not a big deal apparently and he's still listed on active duty. So yeah, no special rights my ass. I'm asking you point blank: what would happen to me if I ran a stop sign, hit someone, then lied about at the scene, filed a false police report and perjured myself? Once you can answer that question, then tell me again how cops don't get special rights.

I can give you a hundred other cases, some of which are even more egregious than this. Cases where a cop gets away with the proverbial murder because his fellow officers wrap everything up in a nice, IA-decorated blue bow.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #1759 on: September 04, 2014, 05:08:22 PM »
Florida town hailed as king of the speed traps under investigation

The small town of Waldo, Florida only has seven police officers, but they are evidently very busy. Last year they collected nearly 12,000 speeding citations worth almost $400,000 in court fines, about a third of the town's revenue. Now, in the midst of a scandal, state officials are investigating whether the town broke the law.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/florida-towns-notorious-speed-traps-under-investigation/

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #1760 on: September 09, 2014, 01:40:24 PM »
Former Atlanta officer indicted for alleged brutal assault

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/former-atlanta-officer-indicted-for-alleged-brutal/nhFg7/

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #1761 on: September 11, 2014, 05:36:55 PM »

No, you're dishonest and misleading as always.

Hop off your soapbox and lose the mentality that you cops are persecuted worse than jews.  ::)

Lots of people deal with administrative hearings.  You claim to be a vet, then you should know the DoD has them all the time.

And, anybody employeed in the private sector has an equivalent, regardless of any terminology game you want to play.

EVERYBODY has to explain their actions to their employer.  They don't get to do whatever they want at work and claim they are not going to talk about it, without facing the loss of their job.  And last I checked, they DON'T get Garrity protection or 72 hours to develop their lie story.

Simple enough for you to understand?

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #1762 on: September 11, 2014, 05:43:00 PM »
I was speakinf more on his general attitutde.... not much on this specific situation.

It appears hes saying that the way the law works for officers, doesnt work for civilians...

Theh xant use his statement because hes compelled to answer... but they should would use a civilians.

Of course.  It's basic...but he's in denial about the blue wall's existence, so...lol

Consider this - you're a network administrator and you drop the company fire wall.

Tons of hackers hit, millions are lost.

Your employer tells you to explain your actions.

You refuse.  They threaten to fire you - And probably do no matter what your excuse.

You don't get 72 hours and your statements sure as hell aren't protected.  So, if you did something criminal, you better know to shut the fuck up, cause you're not covered.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #1763 on: September 13, 2014, 01:11:21 AM »

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #1764 on: September 13, 2014, 10:56:11 AM »
Eleven prison guards were arrested and fired this week for allegedly abusing inmates - including five guards and a captain accused of pummeling a handcuffed and shackled prisoner - in separate incidents at two Florida prisons.
More details: http://bit.ly/1m3zYtL

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #1765 on: September 14, 2014, 04:41:14 PM »
Officers investigated for hampering strip search inquiry not charged

At least six Milwaukee police officers were investigated for impeding the inquiry into a series of illegal strip and cavity searches by their fellow officers, according to records recently made public in court.

One officer told authorities she had not witnessed an improper search even though a video showed she was standing just a few feet away. Five others were suspected of violating a court order by discussing the strip search investigation soon after they were subpoenaed to testify at a secret fact-finding hearing in 2012.

The six officers may have broken the law or violated department rules, the video and documents show, but none of them faced criminal charges or discipline by the Police Department.

http://www.jsonline.com/watchdog/watchdogreports/officers-investigated-for-hampering-strip-search-inquiry-not-charged-b99345460z1-275030441.html

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #1766 on: September 14, 2014, 05:37:19 PM »

EVERYBODY has to explain their actions to their employer.  They don't get to do whatever they want at work and claim they are not going to talk about it, without facing the loss of their job.  And last I checked, they DON'T get Garrity protection or 72 hours to develop their lie story.

Simple enough for you to understand?

Why, why yes Skip.  Even a child could understand that.  How is it over the head of an adult....?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #1767 on: September 17, 2014, 10:29:58 AM »

Why, why yes Skip.  Even a child could understand that.  How is it over the head of an adult....?

Talking to yourself now... nice..

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #1768 on: September 17, 2014, 02:56:55 PM »
Talking to yourself now... nice..

Not feeling any luv from you.

My heart does go out to the state cops in PA that got ambushed.  The one who died had little children.  :(

Unfortunately, it will have the effect of making police more militant.  Change has to be through education and politics.

At least they are not behaving like the LAPD did - that was just despicable.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #1769 on: September 18, 2014, 11:07:03 AM »

Not feeling any luv from you.

My heart does go out to the state cops in PA that got ambushed.  The one who died had little children.  :(

Unfortunately, it will have the effect of making police more militant.  Change has to be through education and politics.

At least they are not behaving like the LAPD did - that was just despicable.

Ironically, I woke up this morning a tad bit more militant than yesterday.. never noticed it until you just mentioned it.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #1770 on: September 18, 2014, 03:55:06 PM »
Excessive force used in 2010 barbershop raid, appeal court says

Deputies violated the rights of barbers at Strictly Skillz barbershop during a 2010 raid in the guise of a license inspection, a federal appeal court said this week, in a strongly-worded rebuke of the Orange County Sheriff's Office.

"It was a scene right out of a Hollywood movie," the U.S. 11th Circuit Court of Appeals said in an opinion issued Tuesday, which puts the Pine Hills barbers' lawsuit against the Orange County Sheriff's Office back on track for trial.

"Unlike previous inspections of Strictly Skillz... the August 21 [2010] search was executed with a tremendous and disproportionate show of force, and no evidence exists that such force was justified," the appellate opinion stated.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/florida/os-barber-shop-raids-lawsuit-ruling-20140917,0,5148464.story

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #1771 on: September 19, 2014, 10:49:48 AM »
More than 6000 speeding violations to be dismissed amid ticket-rigging scandal

HPD Officers Rudolph Farias, John Garcia, Robert Manzanales and Gregory Rosa have issued a combined 6,150 outstanding tickets

More than 6,000 speeding tickets will be dismissed "in the interest of justice," according to City of Houston prosecutors. Those tickets were written by four officers allegedly involved in a ticket-rigging scheme to collect more overtime.

http://www.khou.com/story/news/investigations/2014/09/18/more-than-6k-speeding-violations-to-be-dismissed-amid-ticket-rigging-scandal/15853253/

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #1772 on: September 19, 2014, 10:58:35 AM »
More than 6000 speeding violations to be dismissed amid ticket-rigging scandal

HPD Officers Rudolph Farias, John Garcia, Robert Manzanales and Gregory Rosa have issued a combined 6,150 outstanding tickets

More than 6,000 speeding tickets will be dismissed "in the interest of justice," according to City of Houston prosecutors. Those tickets were written by four officers allegedly involved in a ticket-rigging scheme to collect more overtime.

http://www.khou.com/story/news/investigations/2014/09/18/more-than-6k-speeding-violations-to-be-dismissed-amid-ticket-rigging-scandal/15853253/

One of them killed himself so that problem is solved. They are crooks. Worse, they are crooks posing as cops and I hope they get the maximum sentence available and their wives leave them while they are in jail.   

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #1773 on: September 20, 2014, 01:16:00 PM »
Florida prison boss fires 32 over inmate deaths

Thirty-two guards with the Florida Department of Corrections were fired Friday afternoon in what union officials were calling a “Friday night massacre.” All were accused of criminal wrongdoing or misconduct in connection with the deaths of inmates at four state prisons.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article2176191.html

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #1774 on: September 20, 2014, 11:46:28 PM »
Another example of how the scum promote the worst:

Las Vegas cop behind controversial killing now influential union leader

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/las-vegas/las-vegas-cop-behind-controversial-killing-now-influential-union-leader