Author Topic: Police State - Official Thread  (Read 990884 times)

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
Re: Police State - Official Thread
« Reply #3050 on: August 16, 2016, 04:59:26 PM »
Ironic how those who actively try to accuse and incarcerate people end up being the criminals.

Pennsylvania’s Attorney General Is Convicted on All Counts

By JESS BIDGOODAUG. 15, 2016

NORRISTOWN, Pa. — She was a rising Democratic star. She was the first in her party to be elected state attorney general. She was one of the most powerful women in Pennsylvania.

But on Monday night, Kathleen G. Kane, the state’s top prosecutor, became a convicted criminal.

A jury found Ms. Kane, 50, guilty of nine criminal charges, including perjury and criminal conspiracy, convicting her of leaking grand jury information, and then lying about it, in an effort to discredit a political rival.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/16/us/trial-kathleen-kane-pennsylvania-attorney-general.html?_r=0

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3051 on: August 16, 2016, 05:03:59 PM »
Once again the dangerous criminals get off easy.

New York City to Pay $4.1 Million in Akai Gurley NYPD Negligent Shooting Death

New York City will pay $4.1 million to the family of Akai Gurley, the 26-year-old unarmed man who was shot in a darkened stairwell in his apartment building by a cop who negligently fired his gun.

The NYPD officer, Peter Liang, was convicted in February of manslaughter, but that  judge reduced the charge to criminally negligent homicide and sentenced him to probation and 800 hours of community service.

However, Liang was also ordered to pay $25,000 to Kimberly Ballinger, the mother of Gurley’s daughter, Akalia, who was two years old when her father was killed on November 20, 2014.

The rest of the money will be placed in a fund for Akalia, which she can’t access without court approval until she turns 18.

The New York Daily News reports “the money will be invested in rock-solid annuities that will actually provide the girl with an estimated $10 million over the course of her lifetime.”

On the night he was shot and killed, Gurley had stepped into the stairwell from the seventh floor of the building with Melissa Butler, his  girlfriend at the time.

Liang and his partner, Shaun Landau, had stepped into the stairwell from the eighth floor. Liang had his gun drawn and his finger on the trigger and was apparently spooked by the sound of the others entering the stairwell from below because he fired once.

The bullet struck a wall and ricochetted, striking Gurley in the chest, causing him to tumble down to the fourth floor.

The two cops then walked down, stepped around the body and began arguing about who should call the supervisor as Gurley lay dying.

They both claimed they did not know how to perform CPR, even though they are supposedly trained to do that.

A neighbor called 911 and relayed CPR instructions to Butler as the two cops argued.

Initial reports said that Liang texted the police union after the shooting, but the district attorney and the NYPD said that was not true.

The New York City Housing Authority will pay $400,000 towards the settlement because they did not change a lightbulb in the stairwell, causing it to go dark, which made Liang fear for his life.

The elevator was also broken that day, which is why Gurley and Butler decided to take the stairs.

http://photographyisnotacrime.com/2016/08/16/new-york-city-to-pay-4-1-million-in-akai-gurley-nypd-negligent-shooting-death/

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3052 on: August 16, 2016, 05:07:14 PM »
Massive Bully Cop Smashes Innocent Teacher into Car, Dangles Her Over the Road

Washinton, D.C. — A disturbing video was uploaded to Twitter Monday afternoon showing a cop holding a small woman up off the ground while smashing her against his patrol car. The woman was an innocent school teacher, and the cop was a bully.

According to the victim, who looks like a little girl in the video, but is actually a 32-year-old woman named Shadon, she was assaulted for no reason at all. The lack of an arrest in the incident is evidence of this claim.

According to Shadon, she was arguing with a man who was harassing another woman. When officers saw this, they perceived her as a threat. So, without question or just cause, this 250-pound cop tossed this 90-pound woman around like a rag doll.

“It was harassment, and I asked for the police officer’s badge – they wouldn’t give me no names, no numbers or nothing – so I left – I never knew this was being recorded,” Shadon said in an interview with FOX 5.

As soon as the Twitter user, @MacAndCheeks, posted the video, it quickly went viral sparking outrage toward the DC police department.

After countless tweets at the department, they finally released a statement noting that “We’ve been made aware of this video and have contacted their commanding officer as we investigate this matter.”

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/bully-cop-slams-innocent-teacher/

Video: https://twitter.com/MacAndCheeks/status/765273920266235906

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3053 on: August 16, 2016, 10:27:17 PM »
Drunk Arizona Cop Turns Angry After Demanding Blue Courtesy in DUI Stop and Not Receiving It

An Arizona police officer pulled over a drunk driver who turned out to be a cop and went through with the arrest anyway.

Not that Mesa Police Lieutenant Rick Van Galder didn’t try to use his badge to talk his way out of the arrest.

But the Gilbert police officers refused to give Van Galder the Blue Courtesy that he expected. At least at first.

As a result, Van Galder became belligerent and condescending. A man with a whopping .306 blood alcohol content. Almost four times the legal limit of .08.

Not just Extreme DUI, which in Arizona, comes with harsher penalties than just a DUI, but Super Extreme DUI, which comes with even harsher penalties.

And that’s considering his blood was drawn more than 45 minutes after the stop because Van Galder, like most cops who get pulled over for drunk driving, refused to do field sobriety tests.

The story comes to us from 12 News, who did a thorough job of investigative reporting, obtaining body cam footage from the February 2016 incident, even driving to Van Galder’s home to attempt to interview him, only for him to threaten to call Gilbert police on them.

“Gilbert police did the right thing and didn’t cave into pressure,” the reporter says in the news segment.

Body cam footage shows Van Galder trying to talk his way out of the arrest, telling the Gilbert cops that he’s been on the force for 20 years, asking them to let him walk home, even though he lives five miles away.

Once they placed the cuffs behind his back, he became angry that they did not cuff him in the front. He even mentions his Blue Line tattoo on his arm, asking the cops to lift up his sleeve to view it to prove he was a member of the same gang.

However, Gilbert police did release him to a relative 90 minutes after his arrest after he agreed to a blood test, which certainly seems like Blue Privilege, but maybe they release all their DUI suspects  in time to make last call.

And even after he pleaded guilty to Super Extreme DUI, which comes with a mandatory 45-day sentence, he ended up serving only three days in jail.

That’s because the 45-day sentence was reduced to 14 days, which only three of those days required to be served in jail and the remaining 11 days to be served on house arrest. He was also placed in a segregated cell and his sentence was schedule to not interfere with his job – except that is not an issue considering he is on paid leave raking his $90,0000-a-year salary while siting at home.

But let’s read the Super Extreme DUI statute, which is defined as anyone having a blood alcohol content of .20 or higher.

A person who is convicted of a violation of subsection A, paragraph 2 of this section shall be sentenced to serve not less than forty-five consecutive days in jail and is not eligible for probation or suspension of execution of sentence unless the entire sentence is served.

An Arizona DUI attorney breaks it down for us on his website.

For a regular DUI conviction, there is a minimum jail term of 1 day.  For an extreme DUI (BAC result of .150 and below a .200) conviction, there is a minimum jail term of 30 days.  For an Arizona Super Extreme DUI, the minimum jail term is 45 days.

Because Van Galder was never booked in the Maricopa County jail, which is operated by Sheriff Joe Arpaio and is notorious for forcing inmates to wear pink underwear, he ended up facing Gilbert Judge John Hudson, who ensured the cop would not serve the mandatory 45 days in jail by allowing him to serve three days in a Scottsdale jail.

So in the end, no matter how much 12 News praised the arresting officers, he was granted Blue Privilege by the judge, who saved him from the pink underwear.

The news report mentions that Van Galder is the first high-ranking Mesa police officer to be arrested for DUI in five years, which probably means he is the first high-ranking Mesa police officer to not receive Blue Courtesy at the time of his arrest.

Click here to view the news report if you can’t see it below.

https://photographyisnotacrime.com/2016/08/16/drunk-arizona-cop-turns-angry-after-demanding-blue-courtesy-in-dui-stop-and-not-receiving-it/

http://www.12news.com/news/investigative/mesa-pds-finest-how-one-lieutenant-acted-like-he-was-above-the-law/292312834

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3054 on: August 17, 2016, 11:27:15 AM »
Houston Cop Arrested Four Days After Killing Man in Drunk Driving Crash in Which He Refused Field Sobriety Tests

It was an apparent case of favoritism.

A Texas cop was not arrested Friday even though his blood alcohol level was twice the legal limit when he swerved into an oncoming lane, slamming his SUV head-on into a Corvette and rolled over it, killing the man inside.

Brian Manring, 36, the father of a 6-year-old daughter, was pronounced dead at the scene.

But Houston the police cop responsible for Manring’s death, James Combs, refused to take a field sobriety test and a breathalyzer test after Fort Bend County sheriff’s deputies smelled alcohol on him, which we have learned over the years, is standard procedure for cops who get pulled over while drunk.

The off-duty cop even told deputies he was on his way to work, but Houston police have not confirmed yet if he was scheduled to work that morning.

Combs, 33, ended up transported to a hospital to be treated for minor injuries, which was where deputies obtained a warrant to draw blood from him.

He was then released from the hospital and allowed to go on his way because deputies claimed they did not have enough evidence to arrest him at the time, according to KHOU.

“It does take time. Charges have not been filed. We have his blood, so that will be sent off to a crime lab. Once we receive the results, depending what they are along with the other things at the scene, he could be charged at that time,” said Major Chad Norvell, with the Fort Bend County Sheriff’s Office.

He was not arrested until Tuesday after the results came back from the laboratory, indicating he had a blood alcohol content of .17 – more than twice the legal limit.

Police charged Officer Combs with intoxication manslaughter, which carries a sentence between two to 20 years in prison.

A judge set his bond at $100,000.

Fort Bend County Sheriff Troy Nehls insisted Combs did not receive the standard Blue Courtesy treatment expected from many cops who get pulled over while drunk.

“It’s a sad day any time you have to take a man in blue in custody,” Fort Bend County Sheriff Troy Nehls told ABC 13. “Especially now with the trying times law enforcement, and all the scrutiny we’ve been receiving for the past several years.”

“But it is our job. If you enter Fort Bend County, you’re drinking and driving, you cause a crash that takes the life of another Fort Bend County resident, I don’t care what your occupation is.”

However, a Houston criminal defense attorney named Dan Cogdell said that is a lie.

“I have handled thousands of DWI cases and tried hundreds of DWIs,” he told Click2Houston.

“I’ve never had a situation where the individual wasn’t arrested at the scene, unless there was a catastrophic injury to that person and he needed immediate medical care.

“They treat their own special,” he said. “They treat law enforcement better than you and me.

“Period. End of story.”

Prior to the 6:30 a.m. crash, Combs had been at a strip club called Show Palace, according to his wife and credit card receipts.

His wife told investigators that her husband had a “drinking problem” and that they had been arguing on the phone prior to the crash while he was at the strip club.

Meaning’s friends said he was a good father to his 8-year-old daughter and enjoyed being  a dad.

“That’s what Brian lived for, to put a smile on Holly’s face and she’s not going to have that anymore,” Taryn Keene, Manring’s neighbor, told ABC13. “It’s horrible. I’m crying for him and I’m crying for Holly.”

Combs has been placed on paid administrative leave pending the outcome of an internal affairs  investigation.

Meaning, he still draws a salary.

It was only last night we reported on an Arizona cop named Rick Van Galder who was arrested for Super Extreme DUI after his blood results came back with a .306 blood alcohol content, a charge that carries a minimum sentence of 45 days in jail.

However, Van Galder ended up spending on three days in jail after pleading guilty.

Then there’s the case of Palm Beach County sheriff’s deputy Stephen Miller, who has been stopped for DUI three times since 2014, including one time when police found him snoring behind the wheel of a running car with his foot on the brake in the parking lot of a police station.

The Palm Beach Gardens cop described Miller as “discourteous, disrespectful, clearly intoxicated, uncooperative and belligerent.”

“Cut me a break … We are all brothers,” Miller told the Palm Beach Gardens cop that night on September 12, 2015.

The cop did cut him a break, calling Miller’s girlfriend, who is a West Palm Beach police officer, to pick him up and drive him home.

The same thing happened just a week earlier on September 5, 2015 as well as in January 2014.

It was only after the third time that he came under investigation by internal affairs, which resulted in a ten-day suspension.

http://photographyisnotacrime.com/2016/08/17/houston-cop-arrested-four-days-after-killing-man-in-drunk-driving-crash-in-which-he-refused-field-sobriety-tests/

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3055 on: August 17, 2016, 11:29:54 AM »
No DNA or Fingerprints on Gun Used to Justify New Mexico Police Shooting Death of 19-year-old Woman

Albuquerque police officer Jeremy Dear – whose body camera was unplugged when he killed a woman in 2014 – claimed he was in fear for his life because she had pointed a gun at him.

Now newly surfaced evidence shows Mary Hawkes’ fingerprints or DNA was never on the gun, which Albuquerque police knew all along.

But they had justified the shooting because they said they had traced the gun to a man who once exchanged Facebook messages with the woman.

According to KOAT:

In May 2014, Albuquerque police say Officer Jeremy Dear was chasing Hawkes, a suspected car thief, on foot when she turned and pointed a .32-caliber pistol. Dear opened fire and Hawkes died.

A lawsuit filed by Hawkes’ family claimed that there were no fingerprints and no evidence to tie Hawkes to that gun. Nearly 1,000 newly-released pages say officers knew days after the incident that there were no fingerprints but that the department had other evidence to tie Hawkes to the pistol.

According to the report, APD had previously looked into that gun and traced it to a man who had exchanged Facebook messages with Hawkes. In another message, the report said someone else accused Hawkes of stealing a pistol.

It was enough for APD to believe that was the gun Hawkes pointed at Dear. But her godmother, Carolina Acuna Olvera, who lives in California, said nothing will convince her that Hawkes deserved to die.

Dear, who was fired for failing to have his body camera on during this incident and several other incidents, was rehired after he appealed the decision, so he is still patrolling the streets with his camera, even though he never has it on during questionable incidents.

This is how Dear described the shooting of the 19-year-old suspected car thief, according to KOAT.

“Seeing the gun coming at me, looking down the barrel, her finger on the trigger, I thought I was going to die,” he told investigators. “I was afraid to die. I didn’t want to die. I have a girlfriend that I love very much. I have my son, my 6-year-old son. I want to go home.”

Police were looking for her in connection with a stolen car. Dear said he was running after Hawkes when she turned around with a gun.

“I said, ‘Drop it, drop it.’ The gun was still pointed at me. I fired until she dropped,” he said.

When asked if he had lapel camera video of the shooting, Dear said it was unplugged.

“I remember at the end, I was like oh (expletives), my camera, it was unplugged,” he said. “I mean, I’ve had problems in the past, they come unplugged, you catch that little cord on something and it snags out.”

Considering his body camera once caught him in a lie, it is understandable why he does not like to keep it turned on.

In 2011, Dear was at the scene when another cop shot an unarmed man named Alan Gomez. Dear later told investigators he thought he saw a gun in Gomez’s hands.

But his body camera recorded him saying he was unable to see Gomez’s hands.

Gomez’s family sued and received $900,000 in December 2013.

http://photographyisnotacrime.com/2016/08/12/no-dna-or-fingerprints-on-gun-used-to-justify-new-mexico-police-shooting-death-of-19-year-old-woman/

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3056 on: August 17, 2016, 11:34:08 AM »
Those violent armed criminals who attack and abuse innocent elderly people should be sent to death row.

Innocent 84yo Grandma Hospitalized After Cops Attacked & Pepper Sprayed Her for No Reason

Muskogee, OK — An innocent 84-year-old grandmother was attacked by police, pepper sprayed, arrested, and hospitalized last week after officers chased a suspect during a traffic stop.

Police were after the victim’s son, who they say refused to stop for a traffic stop and ran into her home instead. When officers showed up, according the Smith, they kicked in her door and as she got up to see who was there — she was met with a face full of chemical agent.

According to Smith, after police pepper sprayed her for no reason, they arrested her, dragged her to the police car and brought her to jail. Clearly stressed over being kicknapped and thrown in a cell, this 84-year-old woman began to have a panic attack. She was then rushed to the hospital.

When FOX 23 contacted the Muskogee police department, they couldn’t comment on the case citing an internal investigation.

It was unclear as to what police charged the woman with. However, it is likely the standard ‘resisting, interfering, or obstructing.’

Smith now plans to take legal action against the department for her assault.

Cops attacking elderly people is an unfortunate yet all too common problem.

Earlier this year, two LAPD officerswere named in a lawsuit filed by an innocent 62-year-old woman. No longer able to place her trust in police officers after becoming a victim of excessive force, the traumatized woman has become fearful of interacting with people.

Early on the morning of April 14, a surveillance video captured two LAPD cops in a marked SUV slowly following 62-year-old Ok Jin Jun’s car into a Koreatown church parking lot. According to CBSNews, Jun admitted to honking her car horn about six times because the police vehicle had been blocking the church driveway.

After parking her car, Jun was immediately confronted by the two officers and ordered to show her registration despite the fact that she had not committed a crime. Confused and unable to speak much English, Jun attempted to call her husband and a 911 interpreter from her cell phone.

Suddenly, one of the officers appeared to grab Jun’s arms for no reason before both cops abruptly shoved the elderly woman against her own car. Although Jun did not pose an immediate threat, the officers slammed her onto the pavement before placing her in handcuffs.

Before Jun, there was Tyrone Carnegay, an innocent Atlanta man who spent multiple days handcuffed to a hospital bed with a broken leg and a severed artery after an Atlanta cop falsely accused him of stealing a tomato that he actually bought.

Carnegay spent then spent three days in jail before the charges were finally dropped. The interaction was all caught on a Walmart security camera.

As the incidents above illustrate, being innocent and elderly is no defense from police. The old apologist saying of “if you don’t want to be attacked by police, don’t break the law,” rings hollow to those in the destructive wake of police brutality.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/innocent-grandma-pepper-sprayed/

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3058 on: August 19, 2016, 05:39:46 PM »
NYPD Cop Caught on Video in Gangstyle Beatdown that Nearly Killed a Man

New York, NY — An NYPD officer has been suspended after video of a brutal street fight involving his friends made the rounds on social media. The off-duty cop not only failed to provide assistance to the victim but didn’t identify himself as law enforcement to responding officers.

Although Officer Ronnie Velez received the suspension for failing to inform responding officers he was one of their own, video shows him forcefully restraining Ray Cordero from assisting as Velez’ friends cruelly attack Elliott Ambert — leaving him with multiple facial fractures and bleeding on the brain.

“He never identified himself as a police officer to me,” Cordero explained, as the New York Daily News reported. “I don’t understand how you can be an officer of the law and still let that happen.”

Three of Velez’ pals have been charged with felony assault over the alleged beating which occurred around 6 p.m. Sunday, as Ambert and Cordero left the Il Bastardo restaurant in the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan.

According to Cordero, a bouncer broke up a brief verbal confrontation between Ambert and another man, but once they left the immediate area, it didn’t take long for Velez’ friends to pounce.

Cordero says Velez, who can be seen on a bystander’s cellphone video in a black shirt and shorts, came up behind him and began throwing punches — striking Cordero in the head.

Reid Koran, Jeremy Gonzalez, and Michael Batista — the now-suspended officer’s friends — relentlessly pummeled Ambert while Velez, and then another one of the men, restrained Cordero, as seen in the bystander’s video.

Cordero said the second man, who put him in a headlock and pulled him slightly away from the ongoing assault, flashed a police shield. This move, could only be considered a threat, considering the unidentified officer — like Velez — wore street clothes and also failed to either intervene or offer help to Ambert afterward.

“I wasn’t going to hit a cop,” Cordero said, indicating the police shield likely had its intended effect. “I started to back up.”

As the man who had flashed the police shield pulls Cordero away from the beating, Velez can be seen in footage looking around as sirens are heard, backing away, and leaving the scene.

A bystander finally attempts to assist the ailing Ambert as a bevy of patrol cars finally arrive at the scene.

Cordero explained he didn’t learn Velez was an officer until Internal Affairs investigators told him.

He also noted investigators said the shield-flashing man may be the son of a police sergeant — though, according to the Daily News, Deputy Chief Edward Mullen “would only say no one was charged with impersonating a police officer.”

It’s unclear whether the New York City Police obtained a copy of the video, which shows Velez briefly participating in the attack on Ambert, restraining Cordero, and fleeing the scene of a crime — none of which factored into his suspension.

As for the man who whipped out the badge, though investigators told Cordero he was possibly only related to an officer, no explanation has been given concerning the failure to charge him with impersonating a cop.
Ambert’s injuries were so extensive, he has yet to be interviewed by investigators.

“He doesn’t remember much ‘cause literally he received so much head trauma,” Cordero explained. “His face is pretty bad.”

Although The Free Thought Project reached the NYPD, the appropriate person was unavailable to answer these questions or provide comment.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/nypd-cop-gang-beating/

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3059 on: August 19, 2016, 05:42:47 PM »
Utah Police Have Yet to Charge Teenage Subway Worker Accused of Drugging Cop

Earlier this month, Utah police arrested an 18-year-old Subway worker on charges that he drugged a police officer by placing THC and methamphetamine in his drink, causing the officer to become sick and hospitalized.

The story quickly went viral with the media taking the word of police at face value with many commenters calling for the death penalty for Tanis Ukena.

Commenters also blamed the incident on Black Lives Matter, even though the teen does not have a single black Facebook friend nor does he appear to be involved in any type of activism.

And police throughout the country were quick to pin the incident as the latest chapter in the mythical War on Police.

But the story did not add up because not only did Ukena come across as a straight-laced, sports-loving Mormon teen on his Facebook page (and yes, we know that can be deceiving), but the Layton Police Department seemed to have flimsy evidence at best.

Now, almost two weeks after his arrest, Layton police have yet to formally charge Ukena for surreptitious administration of a substance, a second-degree felony, indicating they don’t have much of a case, according to the Associated Press.

After all, they based their arrest on a surveillance video at the Subway showing Ukena taking an “unusual amount of time” preparing the cop’s lemonade as the officer sat in the drive-thru window in full uniform and in a marked car.

They also said the video shows Ukena – “for some unknown reason” – walking away from the drive-thru window, out of camera view, before returning to finish pouring the drink.

Although Layton police hyped up the arrest, they never released the video, which is something cops always do when they have solid evidence of a crime.

In other words, the video does not show Ukena placing anything inside the drink. Nor did they find any THC or methamphetamine on his possession.

Layton police also they used an ion scanner to determine the drink contained methamphetamine and THC, which is the active ingredient in marijuana.

However, ion scanners have long been proven to be unreliable, producing false positive results, especially when it comes to marijuana and methamphetamine, according to one study.

One drawback of IMS technology is that it measures drug particulates down to the nanogram, identifying ‘false positives frequently (SCA Inc., 2001). In examining the practical reliability of detection by IMS units in a laboratory and prison setting, one study found that cocaine was the only drug that was reliably detected, while heroin and amphetamine were poorly detected. Detection capability was also found for the prescription drug temazepam (Sheldon et al., 1998). IMS units most effectively detect powdered or liquid forms of drugs; the finer the powder the greater the likelihood of detection. This renders other forms of drugs such as pills and larger particles (i.e. marijuana), less likely to be detected (Butler, 2002).

Ukena has denied the allegations, even though police point out he admits he was the only one who prepared the cop’s drink. He bailed out of jail after his family posted a $10,000 bond.

The cop, whose name has not been released, claimed the drink “tasted funny” after taking a few sips, according to initial media reports.

“The (sergeant) began feeling the effects of being drugged,” the report says. “While approaching an intersection that had a red light, he had difficulty getting his foot to move to the brake pedal. (He) drove to the Layton Police Department, where he was observed to have signs of impairment. He was unable to process information and drifted off, and was unable to focus on questions being asked of him.”

But anybody familiar with edible cannabis knows it takes about 45 minutes to begin feeling the effects of THC. And methamphetamine is a stimulant, which would produce the opposite effect of what the officer was feeling.

Layton police also said a separate test also “tested positive for narcotics,” but do not elaborate if that was a blood test conducted on the officer himself.

If that’s the case, then it’s possible the cop drugged himself and needed a scapegoat to blame it on.

As of now, police say they are waiting for results from a state laboratory before they proceed with the case, but even if the lemonade does come back containing the alleged drugs, that is still no evidence that the  teen was responsible for placing them there.

Unless we have a confession or solid video evidence as well as video evidence that police did not drug the drink themselves, then Ukena should never be charged, let alone convicted.

https://photographyisnotacrime.com/2016/08/19/utah-police-have-yet-to-charge-teenage-subway-worker-accused-of-drugging-cop/

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3060 on: August 22, 2016, 01:54:16 PM »
Cop Caught on Video Pepper Spraying Innocent Motorists on the Highway — Will NOT Be Punished

Fort Worth, TX — In March, Fort Worth police confirmed that one of their officers was under investigation after a video was uploaded to Facebook showing him pepper spray innocent people as they drove by on motorcycles. On Friday, the Department quietly released a statement noting that they will not discipline the officer involved.

After Fort Worth police officer William Figueroa was seen shooting out pepper spray into the faces of motorcyclists as they drove by on a busy highway, he was placed on paid vacation pending an internal investigation. The investigation was wrapped up in June. However, investigators left it up to Figueroa’s bosses to decide what, if any, punishment he would receive.
Now, nearly two months after the investigation, and Figueroa back on the streets, the department announced that he wouldn’t be punished. Instead, the department said that Figueroa will receive “internal sanctions.” When asked what “internal sanctions” are, Sgt. Marcus Povero, a police spokesman, said Friday that he could not specify. However, he added that they could include retraining or a “commander’s admonishment.

In other words, an officer who nearly caused a deadly pileup, from being unable to control his rage, will not be punished.

The video, uploaded by Facebook user Chase Stone, captured the dangerous and downright insane actions by this public servant. The video was posted with the following description.
During the big ride today we had a law enforcement officer, that looked as if he was pulling over a truck, stepped out of his vehicle with mace in hand and began spraying it towards the riders with intention of causing an accident!!! This is a video EVERYONE NEEDS TO WATCH!! Law enforcement is here to protect and serve, not intentionally try to harm others
Luckily, Stone had his HD helmet cam on and caught this maniac in his despicable act. Otherwise, no one would have believed it.

According to Povero, no witnesses called in to file a complaint against Figueroa.

“Nobody that witnessed or was involved in this situation ever filed a complaint,” Povero said. “This was an internal investigation started by our own internal affairs unit.”
However, according to the person who filmed it, he did complain, and he’s planning legal action.

When asked by internal affairs why he would make such an asinine and dangerous move, Figueroa said, “Multiple motorcycles would not vacate the lane closest to my marked patrol car. I deployed my pepper spray into the lane closest to me, at which point approaching motorcycles began to vacate the lane, allowing me to conduct a traffic stop.”

Luckily for the innocent motorists, Figueroa didn’t reach for his firearm instead.

The actions of the officer in the video below are beyond unreasonable and, in fact, enter into the realm of criminal behavior. Had one of the motorists wrecked as a result of the pepper spray, the results could have been catastrophic.

His lack of punishment is a kick in the teeth of those who want police to be held accountable and speaks to the reason of why there is so much divide in America today.

No amount police apologist logic will justify the careless deployment of pepper spray into the faces of dozens of bikers traveling down a highway. This officer needs to be fired immediately and arrested.

Fort Worth Police Department complaints on Officers line. — 817-392-4270

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cop-pepper-spray-motorists-charged/

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3061 on: August 22, 2016, 01:57:00 PM »
Cop Shoots and Kills Unarmed Deaf Man as He Tries to Communicate Using Sign Language

Charlotte, NC — A community and family is mourning the loss of Daniel Kevin Harris, whose life was taken this week by a State Trooper who apparently fears sign language. Harris, who is deaf, was gunned down in front of his house.

According to police, trooper Jermaine Saunders attempted to pull Harris over around 6:14 p.m. on Thursday. For an unknown reason, Harris did not stop and, instead, drove to his home.
During the pursuit, both cars became damaged and eventually came to a stop near Harris’ home.

“I was here in my driveway and I saw the highway patrol car come through and it was smoking really bad,” said neighbor Mark Barringer. “About 10 seconds later, I heard one gunshot.”
According to WCNC, Barringer says when he went to take a closer look, he saw Harris in the middle of the street. He died just a few feet from his front door. Several neighbors have put flowers near where Harris took his final breaths.

“It was surreal, you just don’t expect to see something like that,” said Barringer. “When the gunshot went off, it was scary.”

According to police, detectives say Saunders and Harris got into “an encounter” before the officer killed him. However, according to neighbors, as soon as Harris got out of his vehicle, Saunders fired.

“While on Seven Oaks Drive, the driver exited his vehicle and an encounter took place between the driver and the trooper causing a shot to be fired,” according to a statement from the State Highway Patrol.

Detectives say Harris was trying to communicate with the trooper using sign language before he was killed.
Harris died on the scene. He was 28-years-old.

“They should’ve deescalated and been trained to realize that this is an entirely different situation, you’re pulling someone over who is deaf, they are handicapped,” said Barringer.  “To me, what happened is totally unacceptable.”

Neighbor Ryan Russell said he’d see the man out in the neighborhood speaking in sign language with his family. “It seemed like a very peaceful family,” Russell told WBTV. “These things are always heartbreaking.”

Audria Bridges, special agent in charge of the SBI office that covers the Charlotte region, said Saunders has been placed on administrative leave and an investigation is underway.
“The SBI is in the process of obtaining all available dash cam or body camera video present on the scene from the State Highway Patrol as well as Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department, as CMPD responded to the scene immediately after the shooting,” Bridges said.

According to the Charlotte Observer, public records show an interpreter provided sign language for Harris at a court hearing in Florida in 2010. At the hearing, he was found not guilty of misdemeanor larceny and had a charge of misdemeanor resisting property recovery dismissed, records show.

Harris was found guilty of resisting an officer in 2010 when he lived in Connecticut, according to public records. However, this resisting charge was likely due to the fact that Harris could not hear the officer’s commands.

In the land of the free, a deaf man suspected of driving too fast can be killed in cold blood. Unfortunately, as we’ve shown time and again, this type of mistreatment and attacks on the deaf by police are all too common.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cop-shoots-kills-unarmed-deaf-mute-man/

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3062 on: August 22, 2016, 03:09:37 PM »
LAPD Cop Kick Handcuffed Suspect in Head While Two Cops Hold Him Down

The man had surrendered and two Los Angeles police officers were holding him down and a third cop had just re-holstered his gun when a fourth LAPD cop came running up and kicked the suspect in the head – who turned out to be innocent.

Los Angeles police officer Richard Garcia then kneed the man in the back, following that with a punch to the head, then several elbows.

Even after the other two officers stepped off the handcuffed suspect, Garcia kept his knee planted on the man’s back and at times his head.

The incident, which took place in October 2014, was captured on a surveillance video, resulting in felony assault charges filed against the LAPD cop.

But even after Garcia agreed to a plea deal in May 2015 where he served no jail time, police and prosecutors refused to release the video.

That is, until the Los Angeles Times obtained it through a court order, posting on their site earlier today.

Garcia faced up to three years in jail if convicted of the felony assault charge. Earlier this year, prosecutors quietly agreed to a deal that allowed him to plead no contest and avoid jail time if he completes community service, follows all laws, stays away from Alford and donates $500 to a charity by late May 2017.

Under the agreement, Garcia, 35, would be allowed to enter a new plea to a misdemeanor charge that would replace the felony and would be placed on two years of probation. If he violates the plea terms, the felony will stand and he will be placed on three years of probation. If he doesn’t appear in court for the 2017 hearing, he could be sentenced to jail.

But Garcia is still a cop, even if he is a cop on probation.

And Clinton Alford, the man who was kicked and has filed a lawsuit against the city over the arrest.

On October 16, 2014, Alford, 22, was riding his bicycle when an unmarked car pulled up to him and a man inside yelled at him to stop.

He said someone grabbed the back of his bicycle, so he jumped off his bicycle and started running, fearing for his life.

After a short foot chase, he apparently realized they were cops and gave up, lying down in the street as the cops ran up and handcuffed him.

That was when Garcia pulled up in his patrol car and ran out, kicking, punching and elbowing him as he was facedown on the ground already handcuffed, leaving him with a gash on his ear that required stitches at a hospital.

He was charged with drug possession and resisting arrest, although he insisted he never had drugs and it was never made clear what kind of drugs they found on him.

However, his attorney said police continued to harass him after the incident and he now is in jail on other charges, including rape, pimping and assault with a deadly weapon, but the Los Angeles Times offers no details on those charges.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3063 on: August 24, 2016, 12:29:55 PM »
TSA, Police & DHS Detain Disabled 9yo Boy Claiming His Pacemaker Makes Him a Terror Threat

Phoenix, AZ — Chille Bergstrom is a 9-year-old boy who’s endured more pain and suffering than any child should ever have to deal with because of a rare defect in his heart. However, his pacemaker and his 15 open heart surgeries were nothing compared to the abuse and harassment of TSA.

Chille is no stranger to flying. He was born with a rare congenital disease called Goldenhar Syndrome which has caused his heart to develop incompletely. He’s constantly traveling to receive medical care. And, up until this week, his traveling experiences have been pleasant.

Because of his condition, Chille has a pacemaker, and he and his family are required to request alternative screening when they fly. The Bergstroms have all the documentation to support their special needs for screening modifications required to keep little Chille alive.

The alternative screening is a simple, two-minute process in which Chille bypasses the metal detectors and naked body scanners.

When the Bergstroms show the TSA their documentation and they see Chille, who clearly has a pacemaker, they usually smile and allow him through. But not this time.

“We were told immediately by the TSA that he was not allowed to be screened alternatively and instead would need an exemption,” said Ali Bergstrom in an interview with FOX 9.

This exemption required them to be delayed over an hour as they were shaken down by ‘terror experts’ from DHS, TSA, and police.

“[I was] shocked beyond belief. In walks the head of the Department of Homeland Security for the entire airport, followed by other supervisors, and managers with ten other people from TSA,” said Ali.

“And four police officers,” Chille added.

“With everything, guns, Tasers, all that,” said Chille.

According to the Bergstroms, the TSA berated them for over an hour as they demeaned the child and his parents.

“One of the TSA agents told me they’d prevented terrorist attacks using nine-year-old boys with pacemakers and children before, so I laughed and said, ‘Oh when?’ At that point, the TSA agent became very quiet and said, ‘Oh we’re not at liberty to discuss this,’ ” recounted Ali.

It is also no secret that the TSA failed to stop 95 percent of tests simulating potential terror attacks at major airports. The $8 billion spent on the TSA every year has proven to be entirely worthless — and brutal.

“Could you please explain to me what’s happening right now? Because I’m not used to this,” Chille asked during his hostile detainment.

The poor child thought that he’d done something wrong to deserve this treatment.

“It was very scary,” said Chille, “I thought it was my fault.”

“Because he has been reared with this pacemaker I always tried to empower him,” the mother explained to FOX 9. “This was the first time I’d ever heard him talk like this,” she said.

After treating a sick little boy and his parents like terrorists, the TSA then canceled their flights.

“At that point, the TSA agent said he wouldn’t be flying today,” Ali said. “He woke up with nightmares on Saturday night and on Sunday night,” Ali told FOX 9.

In a statement to FOX 9, TSA Spokesman Nico Melendez wrote, “TSA is committed to ensuring all travelers are treated with respect and courtesy. TSA is reviewing Saturday’s incident and working to contact the family.”

In true tyrannical fashion, the Bergstroms never received so much as a verbal apology from the TSA.

“TSA has not contacted me. No one has apologized. No one has reached out,” said Ali.

“It was really terrible,” the nine-year-old affirmed. “The representative said ‘We will find you and apologize,’ and you know what they did? They did the exact opposite.”

In spite of being severely traumatized by his experience, this brave little boy said he hopes that people sharing his story will prevent it from happening to others.

“Not just me, but any heart kid,” Chille said.

Sadly, and infuriatingly, this is the second time in just a short period the TSA has attacked someone’s disabled child.

As the Free Thought Project previously reported, in June, Hannah Cohen, a St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital patient, was attempting to travel back home to Chattanooga with her mother when she was told by TSA she needed additional screening. Only minutes later, Cohen, who is blind in one eye and deaf, would be in handcuffs on the ground with blood pouring from her head thanks to airport police and the TSA.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/disabled-boy-hostile-tsa-detainment/

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3064 on: August 24, 2016, 12:37:48 PM »
Drunk South Florida Cop Slugs Security Guard Twice While Holding Baby

A South Florida cop told investigators he doesn’t remember slugging a security guard twice in the face while holding his baby after staggering into a private area of the Ritz-Carlton’s parking lot last year.

Fort Lauderdale police officer David Knapp also doesn’t remember how his gun came flying out of his holster during the altercation, landing on the floor.

And that was apparently enough for prosecutors not to charge Fort Lauderdale police officer David Knapp, figuring he was so drunk, they could not prove he intentionally belted the man.

Florida law also forbids carrying guns while drunk, but Knapp also got a pass on that.

Nevertheless, Knapp is now facing a 20-day unpaid suspension from his $81,000-a-year job as a result of the incident where witnesses say he was “extremely intoxicated.”

But he still won’t attribute his lapse of memory to alcohol, saying it could be a result of head injuries he sustained from his altercation with the security guard.

“It could be anything from being tired to being, uh — having had alcohol to having unfortunate injuries due to the event,” explained Knapp, according to the South Florida Sun Sentinel.

On October 20, 2015, Knapp, 33, spent the day at the beach with his wife and child, sharing a bottle of champagne with his wife.

They then went shopping and made their way to the Ritz-Carlton bar where Knapp downed three Johnnie Walker Black Label drinks.

He then picked up the baby and made his way to the bathroom but wound up wandering into a restricted portion of the hotel’s parking garage where he was spotted by a valet, who saw him staggering around in the parking lot with his baby in-hand.

The valet notified security.

Loss prevention officer Fernando Ramirez began questioning Knapp, but the cop refused to answer questions.

Instead, he flipped Ramirez the bird, then socked him twice in the face – all while holding his baby.

“When Officer Knapp struck Mr. Ramirez a second time, Mr. Ramirez grabbed the child from Officer Knapp’s arms, to prevent the child from falling, and took Officer Knapp to the ground,”  wrote Major Karen Dietrich in an internal affairs report.

According to the Sun, Dietrich’s report revealed: “During the physical altercation, officer Knapp’s off-duty weapon flew out of his holster and landed on the ground.”

Investigators claimed they could not specify why the gun came out.

It was only after Ramirez apprehended Knapp when he discovered he was actually a cop.

Then, Ramirez sat on top of Knapp, holding him down, while hotel workers rushed to care for his child.

Meanwhile, Knapp’s wife was still sitting at the bar, wondering what became of her husband.

Ramirez declined to pursue assault charges against Knapp and prosecutors extended officer Knapp some Blue Courtesy by not charging him.

However, Knapp still faces almost three weeks of unpaid suspension.

On August 29th, a Citizens Police Review Board is scheduled to make a recommendation on the disciplinary matter.

Then it goes to the desk of Ft. Lauderdale’s City Manager, Lee Feldman, who’ll make the final call.

And then, of course, there’s police union, who you can be sure will have Knapp’s back.

http://photographyisnotacrime.com/2016/08/24/drunk-south-florida-cop-slugs-security-guard-twice-while-holding-baby/

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3065 on: August 25, 2016, 11:29:05 PM »
Sheriff Arrested for Taking Mentally Impaired Inmate with a ‘Kid’s Brain’ to His House to Rape Her

Sedgwick County, CO — An egregious case of alleged rape under the color of authority comes from rural Colorado, where a sheriff has been arrested for taking a developmentally delayed inmate to his home, sexually assaulted her, and threatened life imprisonment if she told anyone what he did to her.

“I just want sex,” Sedgwick County Sheriff Tom Hanna told the inmate, as quoted in court documents.

Hanna, 43, was taken into custody from his office on Tuesday with bail set at $250,000 — though, according to the Associated Press, he has not yet been formally charged.
According to the affidavit written by the district attorney’s office investigator, Jeff Huston, the unnamed inmate told him that on August 10, Hanna brought her to his home in a personal vehicle, offered her $60, forced her to strip, and then proceeded to sexually assault her — when he was supposed to be transporting her to jail.

“He told me if I say anything, he was going to try to put me in prison,” the inmate said, as quoted in the affidavit. “I felt like I was raped, to be honest and this has bothered me a lot, and it feels good to get it out because I’m telling the truth.”

According to the documents, after digitally penetrating the woman, Hanna told her, “This has to stay between us. If it don’t, I’m gonna take you to prison for the rest of your life.”
Described by Huston in the document as timid and having difficulty organizing her thoughts, the inmate said she had been malnourished as a child, and told Huston her “brain is like a kids.”

If the allegations prove true, such descriptions would show a law enforcement officer taking advantage not only of his professional position, but of an inmate who might not have fully understood the situation — and who was likely more prone to feel as if she had no choice by to comply.

In denying the allegations, Hanna explained he had interviewed the inmate after she told him there might be information pertaining to a crime on her cell phone. Huston said the sheriff did acknowledge making a mistake in bringing the inmate to his home, the affidavit states. Hanna claimed he brought the inmate to his home to avoid anyone in the small town seeing her interact with him about sensitive information.

As the AP writes:

“The sheriff later dropped off the inmate at a jail in neighboring Logan County and put $20 on her commissary tab because he said he has a big heart and wanted to make sure she could call her brother, according to the affidavit.”

According to Huston, the inmate had not grasped what was done to her amounted to rape, and when he explained that was the case, she said, “Oh, my God, I didn’t know that,” and began throwing up.

State prosecutors and investigators were alerted to the incident by a sheriff’s deputy who noted the transportation of an inmate in Hanna’s personal vehicle was against departmental policy. That deputy also said he observed the sheriff’s vehicle outside his home for “at least 20 to 30 minutes.”

Formal charges against the sheriff are expected in the next ten days.

As the Denver Post reported, Hanna is being held on suspicion of felony sexual assault on an at-risk adult and felony sexual assault on a correctional inmate, as well as soliciting prostitution and first-degree official misconduct, both misdemeanor offenses.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/sheriff-rape-inmate-mentally-impaired/

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3066 on: August 26, 2016, 12:24:26 PM »
These are the buffoons who are "trained" to handle and use firearms against the people.

Glock scheduled for trial in personal injury case

A $75,000 personal injury case against Glock filed by an Arkansas policeman has been scheduled for trial in a federal court, according to the final scheduling order issued last week.

The jury trial will start Aug. 21, 2017, in a federal court in Helena, Arkansas, the order says. Final arguments and discovery exhibits are due in the beginning months of the year.

The plaintiff in the case, Larry Jones, of Cherry Valley, Arkansas, was injured when his Glock 19C pistol discharged unexpectedly at the shooting range in June 2013, the lawsuit says. At the time he was trying to attach a tactical light.

According to the complaint, the pistol had not been modified or changed since he bought it in December 2000. The lawsuit alleges Glock sold the pistol “in a defective condition which rendered (it) unreasonably dangerous.”

The Glock pistol’s lack of a manual safety and other similar features are the subject of what the lawsuit characterizes as defects that led to the injury. Also, Glock did not give “a reasonable and adequate warning of dangers inherent and/or reasonably foreseeable in the use” of the pistol, the lawsuit says.

According to the complaint, Jones injured his left foot and has experienced pain and suffering since the incident. In response, Glock denied all allegations presented in the complaint. The case was originally filed in a Arkansas state court, but was transferred to a federal civil court in May.

Glock, an Austrian company with its U.S. headquarters in Smyrna, Georgia, has had its fair share of criticism due to the lack of a manual safety. Critics have long said the design is attributable to a rise in accidental discharges and misfirings and requires more training to handle it adequately.

Despite the criticism, the company is the leading producer of handguns for law enforcement with 65 percent of market share. In fact, the Federal Bureau of Investigation just renewed contracts with Glock to the tune of $85 million. According to recent estimates, Glock has an annual revenue of $400 million.

http://www.guns.com/2016/08/24/glock-scheduled-for-trial-in-personal-injury-case/

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3067 on: August 28, 2016, 03:05:18 PM »
Those violent armed criminals who attack and abuse innocent elderly people should be sent to death row.

Innocent 84yo Grandma Hospitalized After Cops Attacked & Pepper Sprayed Her for No Reason

Muskogee, OK — An innocent 84-year-old grandmother was attacked by police, pepper sprayed, arrested, and hospitalized last week after officers chased a suspect during a traffic stop.

Police were after the victim’s son, who they say refused to stop for a traffic stop and ran into her home instead. When officers showed up, according the Smith, they kicked in her door and as she got up to see who was there — she was met with a face full of chemical agent.

According to Smith, after police pepper sprayed her for no reason, they arrested her, dragged her to the police car and brought her to jail. Clearly stressed over being kicknapped and thrown in a cell, this 84-year-old woman began to have a panic attack. She was then rushed to the hospital.

When FOX 23 contacted the Muskogee police department, they couldn’t comment on the case citing an internal investigation.

It was unclear as to what police charged the woman with. However, it is likely the standard ‘resisting, interfering, or obstructing.’

Smith now plans to take legal action against the department for her assault.

Earlier this year, two LAPD officerswere named in a lawsuit filed by an innocent 62-year-old woman. No longer able to place her trust in police officers after becoming a victim of excessive force, the traumatized woman has become fearful of interacting with people.

Early on the morning of April 14, a surveillance video captured two LAPD cops in a marked SUV slowly following 62-year-old Ok Jin Jun’s car into a Koreatown church parking lot. According to CBSNews, Jun admitted to honking her car horn about six times because the police vehicle had been blocking the church driveway.

After parking her car, Jun was immediately confronted by the two officers and ordered to show her registration despite the fact that she had not committed a crime. Confused and unable to speak much English, Jun attempted to call her husband and a 911 interpreter from her cell phone.

Suddenly, one of the officers appeared to grab Jun’s arms for no reason before both cops abruptly shoved the elderly woman against her own car. Although Jun did not pose an immediate threat, the officers slammed her onto the pavement before placing her in handcuffs.

Before Jun, there was Tyrone Carnegay, an innocent Atlanta man who spent multiple days handcuffed to a hospital bed with a broken leg and a severed artery after an Atlanta cop falsely accused him of stealing a tomato that he actually bought.

Carnegay spent then spent three days in jail before the charges were finally dropped. The interaction was all caught on a Walmart security camera.

As the incidents above illustrate, being innocent and elderly is no defense from police. The old apologist saying of “if you don’t want to be attacked by police, don’t break the law,” rings hollow to those in the destructive wake of police brutality.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/innocent-grandma-pepper-sprayed/

Shocking Video Shows Cops Kick In Door, Assault, & Pepper Spray Innocent 84yo Grandma

Muskogee, OK — Last week, an innocent 84-year-old grandma was attacked by police, pepper sprayed, arrested, and hospitalized after officers chased her son during a traffic stop. On Friday, the graphic body camera video of that attack was released showing the horrid and outright insane response to her son rolling a stop sign.

Police were after the victim’s son, who they say refused to stop and ran into her home instead. When officers showed up, according to Smith and the body camera video, they kicked in her door and as she got up to see who was there — she was met with a face full of chemical agent.

“Turn around or I’ll spray you!” screams the cop just before dousing this innocent elderly woman in the face with the painful spray. Smith then falls to the ground in agony.

The body cam footage then shows police shoot her son with a taser because they said he refused to come out. With his hands in the air and walking toward police, Smith’s son was tased and fell to the ground.
All of this over a stop sign.

According to Smith, after police pepper sprayed her for no reason, they arrested her, dragged her to the police car and brought her to jail. Clearly stressed over being kidnapped and thrown in a cell, this 84-year-old grandma began to have a panic attack. She was then rushed to the hospital.

The Muskogee police department says they released the body camera footage to maintain public trust in an exhibit of transparency. While it’s certainly noteworthy to release the footage, the last thing this video does is maintain public trust in police.

When watching the horrifying video below, ask yourself if you think these cops would treat their own grandma this way. Ms. Smith had committed no crime and posed no danger to these officers, but she was still attacked and her life put at risk.

It was unclear as to what police charged the woman with, however, it is likely the standard ‘resisting, interfering, or obstructing.’

Smith now plans to take legal action against the department for her assault and the taxpayers, not police, will be held liable for this disturbing behavior.

Earlier this year, two LAPD officers were named in a lawsuit filed by an innocent 62-year-old woman. No longer able to place her trust in police officers after becoming a victim of excessive force, the traumatized woman has become fearful of interacting with people.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/grandma-pepper-sprayed-body-cam/

http://www.fox23.com/news/musokgee-police-release-video-of-officer-using-pepper-spray-on-84-year-old-woman/430507250

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3068 on: August 29, 2016, 10:42:42 AM »
This dangerous criminal gang should have been in prison years now.

Indiana Jury Awards Man $1 After Cops Enter Home Without Warrant to Unlawfully Arrest Him in Mistaken Identity Case

It was 2012 when Indiana police entered a home without a warrant and shook awake a sleeping 18-year-old high school student, punching him six times, then tasering him before dragging him outside and stuffing him into a patrol car.

Handcuffed in the back of the car, DeShawn Franklin demanded to know what he had done wrong.

A South Bend police officer told him he had matched the description of a man they were looking for, specifically, he had the same hairstyle; dreadlocks.

Franklin argued that dreadlocks were a popular hairstyle among young black men and that he had not broken any law.

It was only then that it dawned on police that they had arrested the wrong man, so they released him from the car and apologized.

In fact, the man they were looking for was Franklin’s brother, Dan Franklin, who was suspected of domestic abuse. But to this day, Dan Franklin has not been arrested or charged with that crime.

The younger brother filed a lawsuit over the incident and after rejecting several settlements, insisting on taking the case to trial.

Earlier this month, a federal jury sided with him, determining that police did indeed violate his Fourth Amendment rights by entering his home without a warrant and wrongfully arresting him.

But the jury decided those violations were worth only $1 in damages.

Yes, one dollar for each Constitutional violation, which ended up totaling $18, paid by the three officers to Franklin and his two parents who were inside the home that night on July 7, 2012.

The city of South Bend also insists that the Franklin family pay $1,500 in legal expenses, which includes hotel room and mileage for the officers because the trial was held in another city.

Mario Sims, pastoral counselor for the Franklin family, believes the lowly sum is the jury’s way of saying they support police, even when the evidence shows they violated a family’s civil rights.

According to WNDU:
“I think in the environment that’s in America now where police officers have been gunned down in the street, I think the jury was sending a message of support for the police officers,” said Mario Sims, Pastoral Counselor to the Franklin family. “Now somewhere between supporting the police officers and the constitution, they forgot that there’s a family whose constitutional rights were violated. The message you’re sending by awarding them a nominal award of a dollar is essentially, so what? So what that sworn police officers broke into your home and punched your son and tased them.”

So what went wrong?

Peter Agostino, the attorney who represented the city, blames the family attorney, Johnny Ulmer, for doing a poor job in representing them.

Ulmer, who spent 20 years as a sheriff’s deputy, took the case pro bono.

According to Indy Star:

The family filed a civil suit in February 2013, accusing the officers of excessive force, unlawful entry, false imprisonment, false arrest and battery. Johnny Ulmer, an attorney from Elkhart who spent 20 years as an Elkhart County Sheriff’s Department deputy, took on their case pro bono. The city hired Peter Agostino, an attorney who has represented plaintiffs and defendants in federal civil rights cases for nearly 30 years, to represent the officers, who are still employed by the South Bend Police Department.

Agostino said the city made four settlement offers to the Franklin family. The family said they were offered $15,000 to settle. Agostino said higher amounts were offered, but declined to say how much higher. The family opted for trial, and the jury, one African American and five white individuals, reached its verdict Aug. 1.

Agostino called DeShawn Franklin “an outstanding young man” and acknowledged that some compensation was warranted. During trial, though, Agostino said the plaintiffs failed to prove damages beyond the rights violations. For example, no wages were lost or medical bills incurred.

Agostino said DeShawn and his family were not served well by their attorney, who should have told them to take the settlement.

A city spokesman told the newspaper that he understands the family’s frustration but points out that the officers were disciplined with written reprimands and were ordered to undergo training on Fourth Amendment rights.

Be sure to click on Indy Star to see video interviews regarding the jury’s decision.

https://photographyisnotacrime.com/2016/08/29/indiana-jury-awards-man-1-after-cops-enter-home-without-warrant-to-unlawfully-arrest-him-in-mistaken-identity-case/

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3069 on: August 30, 2016, 10:46:33 AM »
You Can’t Make This Up! — Cop Caught on His Own Body Cam Stealing Pot from Police Dept

Grants, NM — As the Free Thought Project pointed out many times before, police departments in America can legally discriminate against hiring individuals if their IQ is too high. Couple this with the fact that thieves aren’t always the sharpest tools in the toolbox, and you get the makings of a scenario like the one that unfolded in New Mexico last week. A Grants cop was caught on his own body cam stealing weed.

Grants Police Department Sgt. Roshern C. McKinney, 33, was arrested last week after an investigation found that he’d stolen both money and marijuana from the police department. McKinney has since been charged with marijuana distribution, conspiracy, and felony embezzlement.

State police also charged McKinney’s 23-year-old girlfriend Tanicka Gallegos-Gonzales, for drug distribution and conspiracy. Both were arrested in Albuquerque and booked into the Sandoval County Detention Center, according to KOB.

Public Information Officer for the New Mexico State Police, Elizabeth Armijo said Grants police chief, Craig Vandiver alerted state police after the department found video from Mckinney’s lapel camera that “exposed possible illicit activity by a Grants Police Department sergeant.”

According to the NMSP statement:

State Police Agents began investigating the activity on July 11, 2016. The six week long investigation into this incident included approximately eighteen interviews, analysis of numerous documents and paperwork and the review of numerous lapel camera recordings.

Agents viewed the lapel camera recording in question and observed Grants Police Department Sergeant Roshern C. McKinney (33) on duty, in uniform, driving his marked patrol car to the Grants Police Department. He entered his private office, obtained a substance believed to be marijuana and placed the substance in his uniform pocket. Sergeant McKinney then left the department and drove to his girlfriend’s residence located in Grants, NM. Upon arrival at the residence, Sergeant McKinney is recorded, on video, stating that he was giving the marijuana to his girlfriend, Tanicka Gallegos-Gonzalez, to give to her father, which she ultimately did.

Investigators also alleged that McKinney embezzled at least two items taken as evidence “including $785.00 in currency and an eight ounce brick of marijuana.”

According to the report, “these items were never submitted to the department’s evidence vault.”

While there is no harm in possessing and giving marijuana to willing adults, McKinney’s actions are indicative of a much more ominous problem created by the war on drugs.

Making substances illegal and having cops enforce these immoral laws allows for and fosters corruption by putting cops in tempting situations. This sort of thing undoubtedly happens every day in police departments across the country. However, most cops probably turn off their body cameras before stealing weed and cash from the evidence locker.

While the investigation continues, McKinney remains on paid vacation.

Before McKinney made this hilariously corrupt blunder, a former Tennessee Highway Patrol trooper accused of receiving oral sex while on duty from a Knoxville porn actress was dubbed the world’s worst decision maker.

However, it appears that there is now a tie between McKinney and former state trooper James Randy Moss.

Moss served 4 years of probation for his corrupt and hilarious actions, after stopping Justis Ellen Richert, who’s known in the “industry” as Barbie Cummings.

Cummings said the trooper spotted alcohol and a bottle of illegal Vicodin pills in her car after she was pulled over heading home from her aunt’s house.

Cummings said she told the trooper about her job and sat beside him in the front seat of his cruiser as he checked her website from his state-issued laptop. She said he ended up tossing the pills into the bushes, then said yes when she offered him oral sex.

Cummings said the trooper shot photos and video of the act with his cell phone and sent her copies. He then asked her to put them on her blog so he could brag to his buddies on the force.
And, he still wrote her a ticket.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cop-body-cam-stealing-marijuana/

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3070 on: August 31, 2016, 05:34:25 PM »
Should have been 14 years.

San Francisco Cop Sentenced to 14 Months in Prison After Video Proves he Falsified Report

An award-winning San Francisco cop was sentenced to 14 months in prison Tuesday for conducting an illegal search on a hotel room, then falsifying a police report to make it seem as it was a legal search.

Defense attorneys argued that Arshad Razzak, who spent 19 years on the force,  was never trained in how not to violate the rights of citizens.

The 44-year-old cop was also not trained in common sense because it was as surveillance video that led to his conviction.

The incident took place on December 23, 2010 after Razzak received a tip from a confidential informant that a man and woman inside room 504 at the Henry Hotel were in possession of a large quantity of heroin.

Razzak and his partner, Richard Yick, then met up with two other officers outside the hotel, Arthur Madrid and Robert Forenis, where they discussed entering the hotel to make their way up to the room.

All four officers were in plainclothes. Madrid had a master key to the room, later claiming he had no idea how he had the key.

The video, posted below, shows the officers using the key to enter the room, where they then arrested occupants Carlos Hutcherson and Jessica Richmond for 65 grams of heroin.

In his report, Razzak claimed that they knocked on the door, which was opened by Richmond, who then gave them consent to search the room. He even pointed out that Richmond signed a consent form admitting she let them in.

But Richmond testified that she was coerced by two uniformed officers into signing the document.

A judge dismissed the drug charges against Richmond and Hutcherson after viewing the video obtained by San Francisco Public Defender Jeff Adachi in 2011.

Razzak and Yick were arrested in February 2014 while Madrid was given immunity in exchange for his testimony and Forensis was never charged.

In January 2015, a federal jury found Razzak guilty on four felonies related to Constitutional violations. Yick was found not guilty because he did not search the occupants of the room nor did he falsify any reports.

Part of Razzak’s defense was that he lacked the training in how to make drug arrests without violating a suspect’s Constitutional rights.

According to KQED:

Razzak’s defense attorney, Michael Rains, told the jury that officers were doing their job lawfully, as they understood it. He showed Razzak’s training records and argued the senior officer had very little training on the key issue.

“In the last week,” Rains told the jury, “you have heard more about securing a room pending the issuance of a search warrant and exigent circumstances than these defendants have heard in 16 years.”

He added, “He got no training. They’re throwing this guy into hotel rooms … and he’s doing the best he can.”

But despite his lack of training, his sentencing was delayed for more than a year to allow him to produce a training video to other officers to help them “avoid some of the pitfalls Mr. Razzak found himself in.”

Razzak’s 14-month sentence is less than half of the minimal federal guidelines of 33-months for his offenses. He could have received more than 30 years. In June 2008, he and several other officers were awarded with a “Medal of Honor.” That photo has since been removed from the San Francisco Police Association website.

Razzak is at least the fourth San Francisco cop since last year to be sentenced to prison.

http://photographyisnotacrime.com/2016/08/31/san-francisco-cop-sentenced-to-14-months-in-prison-after-video-proves-he-falsified-report/

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3071 on: August 31, 2016, 05:40:57 PM »
Criminals covering up for the higher ups.

DASHCAM: Cops Conspire to Cover for Police Chief After He’s Caught Drunk Driving at 109 mph

Moss Point, MS — Time and time again, police officers and public officials are caught driving drunk only to be let go or given a ride home — a convenience seldom afforded to the peasant class. Even when driving a dangerously fast 109 mph through neighborhood streets, and reeking of alcohol, the chief of police for Moss Point, Mississippi was shown a despicable level of favoritism and let go. The entire scene was captured on dashcam.

Only after the public became aware of the situation and forced the local government’s hand, was Moss Point Police Chief Art McClung suspended — a month after he got off scot free.

“I saw the video,” said Mayor Billy Broomfield, who pointed out that the suspension is only based on the video at this point. “Based on what we’ve seen, which is all we have, we have not received any legal certification or confirmation from anybody other than what we all have read or seen in the papers.”

On Tuesday night, the town’s board voted to suspend McClung after the dashcam of the incident was publicly released. In the infuriating dashcam, you can hear the responding officers admit he’s drunk after they caught him driving at deadly speeds through city streets — only to uncuff him and bring him home.

“He’s obviously DUI,” says one officer.

“Does he smell like alcohol?”

“Oh yeah, he’s toast. He knows it too, you can tell from the time we walked up,” answers the officer.

During the stop, McClung admitted to having drinks. However, during a statement this week, he changed his story and said, “I’m never impaired. I would never put myself in that position.”
Even if he wasn’t impaired, which he obviously was, he was driving insanely fast and could’ve killed someone.

Not wanting to step on toes outside of their pay grade, the responding officers called Pascagoula police chief Kenny Johnson for advice on how to handle this situation that could have led to the average person being shot or killed.

“The officer called for a supervisor and the supervisor called me,” explained Johnson. “We made a decision not to pursue the matter further and, in an abundance of caution, I instructed the supervisor to have one of our officers drive chief McClung to his home.”

Must be nice.

One simple phone call and this top cop who was driving over 100 mph in the middle of the day, down city streets, drunk, was let off the hook.

When the local media asked residents how they felt about this special treatment, they were naturally upset.

“When I get stopped by the police, they take me to jail. They don’t take me home,” said Moss Point resident Robert Henderson, according to WLOX.

“Oh, I’m going to jail. I’m going to jail,” said Moss Point Terry Roberts, imagining himself in a similar situation as the chief.

“If the stories are true that he didn’t get cited, he should have been cited from drinking and driving definitely. I don’t think that’s right. I think that shows favoritism,” said Raphael Patterson.

However, as if they had Stockholm Syndrome, they then condoned his behavior and said he should keep his job.

“I don’t think anybody should lose their job for making a mistake. I think he should just be reprimanded and apologize to the public for what he did and move on,” said Patterson.
“We need a police chief in Moss Point. He seemed to be doing a pretty good job,” said Henderson.

Yes, people make mistakes. However, this is the chief of police who not only made a potentially deadly mistake, but he lied about it and conspired with fellow cops to cover it up. He betrayed the people of the town and proved to them he has no business being a cop. Still, they want him to keep his job.

It is a mentality like that which allows corrupt cops to trample on the rights of individuals and never be held accountable. Sadly, until enough people stand up and demand these cops be held accountable, this abuse and double standard will continue.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/police-chief-dui-drunk-driving-109/

http://www.wdam.com/story/32935228/moss-point-residents-say-chiefs-traffic-stop-shows-favoritism

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3072 on: September 01, 2016, 10:57:09 AM »
North Carolina Cop Impregnates 14-Year-Old Girl While Mentoring Her to Prove “Policemen are Good”

A North Carolina cop impregnated a 14-year-old girl while mentoring her in an attempt to prove that “policemen are good.”

The mother said she was reluctant at first to allow the cop to become friendly with her daughter after she had run away, but allowed it because she had trust in police.

Now that trust is gone.

The Lowell police officer has not been identified at his time, but is described as a middle-aged man who has been on medical leave for the past 80 days in an apparent unrelated incident.

But he is now under investigation by the State Bureau of Investigation after the girl’s mother discovered texts on her daughter’s phone.

She confronted the cop and he admitted to taking the girl’s virginity and impregnating her while having sex with her in his patrol car and in his home. He also told her he wanted the girl to have an abortion to save his own skin.

But the girl’s mother said she does not believe in abortion.

According to WSOC-TV:

She said the veteran officer came to her home asking to connect with her 14-year-old daughter, who had run away before, and her sibling.

“To show them, ‘Hey, policemen are good,’” the mother said.

He would visit often and even took them on a trip. Then the mother discovered text messages that indicated her daughter was pregnant and the officer was the father.

One of messages, which is in the hands of the SBI, states, “If you keep that baby I’m done and you know it.”

Another said, “Do whatever you wanna do, just remember I love you and name it after me.”

“He told me he took her virginity. He told me it was his baby. He told me things happened and he said he was so sorry. And he kept saying, ‘Please forgive him,’” she said.

She said then the officer asked her to do something that she considered unimaginable.

“‘Get rid of the baby or I’ve lost my life. I’ve lost my life.’ How do I kill a baby? I don’t kill no baby. I don’t believe in abortion,” the mother said.

The age of consent in North Carolina is 16, so even if she did consent, he would still be guilty of statutory rape.

In the past week, North Carolina media reported the arrest of three different men on statutory rape charges, so police in that state do seem to take that crime seriously. They even arrested a National Guard military police officer in early August on statutory rape charges.

So we need to keep an eye on this to see how quickly they move to arrest this police officer, who has already confessed to the crime.

https://photographyisnotacrime.com/2016/09/01/north-carolina-cop-impregnates-14-year-old-girl-while-mentoring-her-to-prove-policemen-are-good/

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3073 on: September 02, 2016, 12:06:51 PM »
Cops Mistake Innocent Man’s Medical Emergency for a Crime and Brutally Beat Him

“The safety and protection of Oklahoma’s citizenry is of paramount priority and should always be a core function of government,” proclaimed Oklahoma Lt. Gov. Todd Lamb in an August 28 op-ed column berating opponents of a proposed salary increase for Oklahoma State Troopers.

State troopers “are present day in and day out, at tremendous sacrifice, in all corners of Oklahoma,” Lamb continued, scolding the ingrates who do not support additional funding to train additional troopers and enrich the salaries of those already on the force.  Refusing to spend more money on the OHP “will further place the public’s personal safety in jeopardy,” he warns.
Lamb, a former Special Agent with the U.S. Secret Service, offered only a passing allusion to the fact that in 2015 the Oklahoma legislature approved a 22.8 percent across-the-board salary increase for OHP troopers. In making his case for additional tax-plundered wealth to be channeled into the OHP, Lamb counted on public ignorance of an August 18 incident that demonstrated beyond dispute that troopers are trained to treat “officer safety,” not “the public’s personal safety,” as “paramount” in any encounter with the citizenry they purportedly serve – even a helpless driver suffering a critical medical emergency.

At about 3:00 am on August 18, a construction worker saw a car swerve off the Turner Turnpike near Mile Market 146. After the vehicle embedded itself in a ditch, the construction worker – who was the actual first responder to the emergency – sprinted over to the scene. He found the driver slumped over the wheel and sweating profusely, but exhibiting no signs of intoxication.

Acting as the public has been trained to, the Good Samaritan called 911. Within five minutes, two of the intrepid heroes from the OHP who, according to Lt. Gov. Lamb, were serving the public “at tremendous sacrifice,” arrived at the crash site. As is generally the case when police respond to an emergency, matters became immediately and dramatically worse.

One trooper tried to get the driver’s attention and demanded that the driver put his car in park. The dazed and obviously ailing driver could not comply. A few seconds later the trooper used a nightstick to shatter the driver’s side window, and instructed his comrade to do the same on the passenger side.

It had taken the construction worker just a few seconds to recognize that the driver needed medical attention. This realization came very tardily to the troopers, who are supposedly trained observers but whose training actually emphasizes the use and justification of aggressive violence.

After breaching the window, one trooper beat the incapacitated victim while barking orders at him.

“To me, it seemed aggressive,” the shocked witness later recounted to Oklahoma City’s Fox affiliate, explaining why he captured the incident on a cell phone video. Not surprisingly, given the assault that unfolded in front of him, the witness asked not to be named.

Roughly thirty seconds after the beating began, the driver was roughly extracted from the vehicle, thrown to the ground and handcuffed. Only at that point did the uniformed assailants recognize that their victim had suffered a medical episode.

To the uninitiated public that has not been tutored regarding the protocols of state-sanctified violence, the behavior of the troopers looked like a patent case of excessive force – if not an outright gang assault. Performing the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution, Captain Paul Timmons, an official spokesman for the OHP, insisted that the troopers handled the situation “by the book,” because “officer safety is paramount in a situation like that…. You have to take control of the situation and make sure it’s done in a safe way for everyone involved.”

Captain Timmons didn’t explain how the victim’s “personal safety” – to borrow Lt. Gov. Lamb’s phrase — was enhanced by the actions of the troopers who beat and shackled him without cause. As a former law enforcement officer, Lamb surely agrees with Timmons that in any situation where officer safety conflicts with that of an innocent member of the public, the needs of the former far outweigh those of the latter.

Oklahoma tax victims under pressure to redirect more of their income into the budget of the OHP should view that incident as representative of the variety of “safety” being purchased with their plundered wealth.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/oklahoma-cops-beat-man-medical-emergency

http://okcfox.com/news/local/ohp-defends-actions-after-smashing-window-striking-driver-with-night-stick

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #3074 on: September 02, 2016, 01:21:31 PM »
You do some excellent work on here Skeletor
Though sometimes I wish you wouldn't post these
As The cops & their protectors Behaviour & Reading about it
Drives Me Fcucking Mad !!!
Ha,