Author Topic: Police State - Official Thread  (Read 992362 times)

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
Re: Police State - Official Thread
« Reply #3100 on: September 20, 2016, 01:58:11 PM »
Food for thought:

Cops can and do apprehend dangerous bombers without killing them, but will shoot dead unarmed motorists, with their hands in the air.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #3101 on: September 20, 2016, 02:03:11 PM »
Cops investigating themselves? Or they just don't investigate at all.

San Diego Cop who Lied About Shooting Unarmed Homeless Man, then Cleared, was Never Interviewed by Internal Affairs

A San Diego cop who was allowed to change his story after he watched surveillance footage that captured him fatally shooting an unarmed, mentally ill homeless man in an alley was never interviewed by internal affairs investigators

But even giving conflicting statements to homicide detectives did not arouse any interest from internal affairs to conduct their own investigation.

Not even his claim that his body cam was turned off, which is a violation of departmental policy, was enough to launch an internal affairs investigation.

But after viewing the surveillance his shooting, days later, and apparently consulting an attorney, Browder changed his story saying, “He was going to stab me. There’s no doubt in my mind that he was going to stab me.”

Browder testified he was not disciplined over the shooting nor did any department official or any internal affairs investigator speak to him about his actions that night.

Officer Browder also stated he hadn’t been drug tested, and that nobody ever asked him to take a drug test.

This May, PINAC’s Carlos Miller reported that after Browder was cleared and put back on duty, he was involved in a shooting at an apartment while checking on a probationer.

A bullet from his gun was shot through a baby’s crib.

Luckily no baby was in the crib at the time, but after that incident, he was assigned to a desk job at the Field Training Office.

"San Diego police also resisted making the video of last year’s shooting death public, saying it would put police at risk," -- WHY WOULD THEY SAY THIS IF THE COP WASNT MURDERING A MAN FOR NO REASON--!!! .!!
SAYS IT ALL REALLY..!!!!!

The did finally released it eight months later.

Wholly Fcuk.!!!
People would think you were Lying it's so Ridiculous.

Not Riduclous For The Murdered Man & His Family Though.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #3102 on: September 21, 2016, 09:38:04 AM »
Once again no real consequences for the criminal.

Ohio City Council Approves “Error in Judgement” Settlement for Cop who Shot Girl While Trying to Kill her Dog

“It hit her pretty much square in the middle of her leg and went through and broke the bone. She had to have a plate and screws to help pin the bone in place,”  Brad Ellis, Ava’s dad told ABC6.

The City Council of Columbus Ohio approved a $780,000 pending settlement that we reported about last week in a case where a cop was trying to kill the family dog as it retreated into its home, but the bullet wound up going through, 4-year-old Ava Ellis’ leg, shattering her bone, ricocheting and then lodged in the cabinet in the families’ kitchen.

Ava, who is 6-years-old now, has been through several surgeries since being shot and has had to miss most of her first grade year.

Michael Wright, attorney for Ava Ellis family, said the $780,000 settlement approved by the city holds police accountable for their “error in judgment.”

But the Ellis’ still think officer Thomas should be held accountable, but he is appealing the disciplinary action taken against him by his department and is still on the police force, saying he shot at the dog in self-defense.

But officer Thomas is the only one who remembers it that way.

Several witnesses there that say the 40-pound family said the dog had came out to bark, but was retreating into the house when he shot, missing it and hitting Ava instead.

No criminal charges were filed against him, even though instead of rendering aid and making sure Ava was OK, officer Jonathan Thomas then walked down the driveway, got in his patrol car and left the scene without administering aid or making sure an ambulance was on the way.

On June 19 2015, officer Jonathan Thomas was responding to a separate call in the same neighborhood when Ava’s mother, Andrea Ellis, accidentally cut herself.

Andrea’s sister Kelly called 911 screaming, “she’s bleeding all over the place! I need a paramedic!”

Kelly then noticed officer Thomas a few houses down and cried to him for help.

When Thomas approached their home, one of their family dogs allegedly ran towards him.

Thomas shot at the dog, but the bullet missed it and struck 4-year-old Ava in the leg instead, shattering the bone.

A neighbor then called 911 again.

“My neighbor across the street had an officer at her door and she’s screaming that he shot a child,” the neighbor told the police dispatcher.

“I felt it is his job to protect, if it was an accident he should still be there to check on my child, to make sure she was okay, to make sure somebody was on the way,” Andrea Ellis said.

Thomas never gave a reason why he left the scene.

Ava reportedly now drinks a lot of chocolate milk to make her bones strong.

https://photographyisnotacrime.com/2016/09/21/ohio-city-council-approves-error-in-judgement-settlement-for-cop-who-shot-girl-while-trying-to-kill-her-dog/

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3103 on: September 21, 2016, 09:42:45 AM »
Criminal gang conspiring:

Cops Steal Man’s Phone, Accidentally Record Themselves Conspiring to Falsely Charge Him

Hartford, CT — On September 11, 2015, journalist and police accountability activist, Michael Picard was illegally detained for lawfully open carrying and filming police on public property. During the illegal detainment, Connecticut state troopers confiscated his gun and his camera. However, the trooper who took the phone went on to make a critical mistake — he left the camera rolling while conspiring with fellow officers to falsely charge Picard.

On Monday, Picard informed the Free Thought Project the ACLU had picked up his case and they are now planning legal action against Connecticut’s Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection.

The Free Thought Project spoke to the ACLU who put out a press release:

In a complaint filed today in the U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut, the American Civil Liberties Union of Connecticut (ACLU-CT) contends that three state police troopers illegally retaliated against a protester by searching and detaining him, confiscating his camera, and charging him with fabricated criminal infractions. On behalf of Connecticut resident Michael Picard, the ACLU-CT alleges that John Barone, Patrick Torneo, and John Jacobi, all employed by the state police division of Connecticut’s Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection, violated Picard’s First Amendment rights to free speech and information and Fourth Amendment right against warrantless seizure of his property.

On that September night, Picard and a friend were on public property and warning drivers of a DUI checkpoint ahead. They were several hundred yards from the checkpoint and not interfering at all when troopers drove up, without lights on, and against the flow of traffic, to begin harassing the two gentlemen.

Trooper First Class John Barone, Sergeant John Jacobi, and Trooper Jeff Jalbert falsely claimed that Picard was waving his gun around and pointing it at people. However, Picard was holding a sign the entire time and did not touch his gun. Also, as you will see below, the officers admit that they were lying.

“Police should be focused on public safety, not punishing protesters and those who film public employees working on a public street,” said ACLU-CT legal director Dan Barrett, who is representing Picard in the lawsuit. “As the video shows, these police officers were more concerned with thwarting Mr. Picard’s free speech and covering their tracks than upholding the law.”

Had Picard actually been waving a gun, these troopers would have approached the situation in an entirely different manner, with guns drawn and possible SWAT backup. However, they did no such thing, because there was clearly no threat from the activists.

The fact that there was no threat did not stop the subsequent assault, however.

Two troopers approached Picard while forcefully removing his gun and then grabbing his camera, falsely claiming it is illegal to film. When Picard informs the officer can legally film here, the officer ignorantly asserts that “It’s illegal to take my picture. Personally, it is illegal.”

“Did you get any documentation that I am allowing you to take my picture”? asks the cop.

When Picard attempts to explain to the aggressive officer that he doesn’t need a permit because he is on public property, the trooper then makes the asinine declaration that, “No I’m not (on public property). I’m on state property. I’m on state property.”

State-owned roadways and right of ways are public property. The trooper’s assertion that it is illegal to film on his ‘state property’ was entirely false and in violation of Connecticut Bill No. 245, which “protects the right of an individual to photograph or video record peace officers in the performance of their duties.”

All this aggressive and unlawful behavior of these troopers, however, was about to come back to haunt them. After illegally confiscating the camera — the trooper forgot to stop it from recording.

What happened next was a behind the scenes glimpse of what it looks and sounds like when cops lie to charge innocent people with crimes.

The corruption starts as an unidentified trooper begins to search for anything that these gentlemen may have done to make up charges against them. However, they were clean. At this point, Trooper first class Barone chimes in describing how they now have to charge these men with something to justify their harassment and subsequent detainment.

“Want me to punch a number on this? Gotta cover our ass,” explains the trooper as they begin conspiring.

“Let’s give him something,” says an unidentified trooper, pondering the ways they can lie about this innocent man.

“What are they going to do? Are they going to do anything?” says Sergeant Jacobi, noting that they are entirely innocent.

“It’s legal to do it,” he continues, describing how the actions of the two activists are completely legal, before going on to make up charges on them.

“I think we do simple trespass, we do reckless use of the highway and creating a public disturbance,” Jacobi says as he makes up these false charges against innocent people. “All three are tickets.”

Once they figure out the false charges to raise, the officers then brainstorm a story of lies to back them up.

“And then we claim that, um, in backup, we had multiple, um,” the unidentified trooper stutters as he makes up his fake story. “Um, they (the non-existent complainants) didn’t want to stay and give us a statement, so we took our own course of action.”

The corrupt cops had then solved their fake case, lied about a cover story, and were set to charge an innocent man with three crimes — all in a day’s work.

But there was just one more thing…. “Oh shit!” blurts out the cop as he realizes their entire scandalous corrupt conversation was just recorded. Apparently, however, the officer felt that it must not have recorded their conversation as the phone was returned.

The cops then gave the innocent man back his weapon, and it’s back to the DUI checkpoint for them — to harass and detain more innocent people.

“Community members like me have a right to film government officials doing their jobs in public, and we should be able to protest without fearing political retribution from law enforcement,” said Picard. “As an advocate for free speech, I’m deeply disappointed that these police officers ignored my rights, particularly because two of the troopers involved were supervisors who should be setting an example for others. By seeking to hold these three police officers accountable, I hope that I can prevent the same thing from happening to someone else.”

Watch the video below and remember that this can happen to anyone anywhere and at any time. All a corrupt cop has to do to ruin the lives of those they do not like, is make up a lie and get their fellow cops to corroborate that lie. Had the cop not left the video going, Picard’s situation would be much different and the world would think he’s a criminal.

“The evidence clearly shows that these police officers violated Mr. Picard’s rights,” said attorney Joseph R. Sastre, who defended Picard against the criminal charges and is joining Barrett to represent Picard in the civil case. “We are confident that the court will agree, and we hope that it will send a strong message to police and the public alike that enforcing the law means respecting free speech, not trampling on it.”
The complaint filed in U.S. District Court is available here.

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/police-record-conspiring-video/

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #3104 on: September 21, 2016, 10:02:35 AM »
Food for thought:

Cops can and do apprehend dangerous bombers without killing them, but will shoot dead unarmed motorists, with their hands in the air.

Great point.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #3105 on: September 21, 2016, 10:08:43 AM »
Criminal gang conspiring:

Cops Steal Man’s Phone, Accidentally Record Themselves Conspiring to Falsely Charge Him

Hartford, CT — On September 11, 2015, journalist and police accountability activist, Michael Picard was illegally detained for lawfully open carrying and filming police on public property. During the illegal detainment, Connecticut state troopers confiscated his gun and his camera. However, the trooper who took the phone went on to make a critical mistake — he left the camera rolling while conspiring with fellow officers to falsely charge Picard.

On Monday, Picard informed the Free Thought Project the ACLU had picked up his case and they are now planning legal action against Connecticut’s Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection.

The Free Thought Project spoke to the ACLU who put out a press release:

In a complaint filed today in the U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut, the American Civil Liberties Union of Connecticut (ACLU-CT) contends that three state police troopers illegally retaliated against a protester by searching and detaining him, confiscating his camera, and charging him with fabricated criminal infractions. On behalf of Connecticut resident Michael Picard, the ACLU-CT alleges that John Barone, Patrick Torneo, and John Jacobi, all employed by the state police division of Connecticut’s Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection, violated Picard’s First Amendment rights to free speech and information and Fourth Amendment right against warrantless seizure of his property.

On that September night, Picard and a friend were on public property and warning drivers of a DUI checkpoint ahead. They were several hundred yards from the checkpoint and not interfering at all when troopers drove up, without lights on, and against the flow of traffic, to begin harassing the two gentlemen.

Trooper First Class John Barone, Sergeant John Jacobi, and Trooper Jeff Jalbert falsely claimed that Picard was waving his gun around and pointing it at people. However, Picard was holding a sign the entire time and did not touch his gun. Also, as you will see below, the officers admit that they were lying.

“Police should be focused on public safety, not punishing protesters and those who film public employees working on a public street,” said ACLU-CT legal director Dan Barrett, who is representing Picard in the lawsuit. “As the video shows, these police officers were more concerned with thwarting Mr. Picard’s free speech and covering their tracks than upholding the law.”

Had Picard actually been waving a gun, these troopers would have approached the situation in an entirely different manner, with guns drawn and possible SWAT backup. However, they did no such thing, because there was clearly no threat from the activists.

The fact that there was no threat did not stop the subsequent assault, however.

Two troopers approached Picard while forcefully removing his gun and then grabbing his camera, falsely claiming it is illegal to film. When Picard informs the officer can legally film here, the officer ignorantly asserts that “It’s illegal to take my picture. Personally, it is illegal.”

“Did you get any documentation that I am allowing you to take my picture”? asks the cop.

When Picard attempts to explain to the aggressive officer that he doesn’t need a permit because he is on public property, the trooper then makes the asinine declaration that, “No I’m not (on public property). I’m on state property. I’m on state property.”

State-owned roadways and right of ways are public property. The trooper’s assertion that it is illegal to film on his ‘state property’ was entirely false and in violation of Connecticut Bill No. 245, which “protects the right of an individual to photograph or video record peace officers in the performance of their duties.”

All this aggressive and unlawful behavior of these troopers, however, was about to come back to haunt them. After illegally confiscating the camera — the trooper forgot to stop it from recording.

What happened next was a behind the scenes glimpse of what it looks and sounds like when cops lie to charge innocent people with crimes.

The corruption starts as an unidentified trooper begins to search for anything that these gentlemen may have done to make up charges against them. However, they were clean. At this point, Trooper first class Barone chimes in describing how they now have to charge these men with something to justify their harassment and subsequent detainment.

“Want me to punch a number on this? Gotta cover our ass,” explains the trooper as they begin conspiring.

“Let’s give him something,” says an unidentified trooper, pondering the ways they can lie about this innocent man.

“What are they going to do? Are they going to do anything?” says Sergeant Jacobi, noting that they are entirely innocent.

“It’s legal to do it,” he continues, describing how the actions of the two activists are completely legal, before going on to make up charges on them.

“I think we do simple trespass, we do reckless use of the highway and creating a public disturbance,” Jacobi says as he makes up these false charges against innocent people. “All three are tickets.”

Once they figure out the false charges to raise, the officers then brainstorm a story of lies to back them up.

“And then we claim that, um, in backup, we had multiple, um,” the unidentified trooper stutters as he makes up his fake story. “Um, they (the non-existent complainants) didn’t want to stay and give us a statement, so we took our own course of action.”

The corrupt cops had then solved their fake case, lied about a cover story, and were set to charge an innocent man with three crimes — all in a day’s work.

But there was just one more thing…. “Oh shit!” blurts out the cop as he realizes their entire scandalous corrupt conversation was just recorded. Apparently, however, the officer felt that it must not have recorded their conversation as the phone was returned.

The cops then gave the innocent man back his weapon, and it’s back to the DUI checkpoint for them — to harass and detain more innocent people.

“Community members like me have a right to film government officials doing their jobs in public, and we should be able to protest without fearing political retribution from law enforcement,” said Picard. “As an advocate for free speech, I’m deeply disappointed that these police officers ignored my rights, particularly because two of the troopers involved were supervisors who should be setting an example for others. By seeking to hold these three police officers accountable, I hope that I can prevent the same thing from happening to someone else.”

Watch the video below and remember that this can happen to anyone anywhere and at any time. All a corrupt cop has to do to ruin the lives of those they do not like, is make up a lie and get their fellow cops to corroborate that lie. Had the cop not left the video going, Picard’s situation would be much different and the world would think he’s a criminal.

“The evidence clearly shows that these police officers violated Mr. Picard’s rights,” said attorney Joseph R. Sastre, who defended Picard against the criminal charges and is joining Barrett to represent Picard in the civil case. “We are confident that the court will agree, and we hope that it will send a strong message to police and the public alike that enforcing the law means respecting free speech, not trampling on it.”
The complaint filed in U.S. District Court is available here.

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/police-record-conspiring-video/

Business-as-usual for many cops.  Except the part about getting caught.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3106 on: September 21, 2016, 12:24:12 PM »
Boston Police Commissioner Says Only “Minor Issues” With Off-Duty Officer’s Road Rage Attack

“There’s no victim here,” Boston Police Commissioner William Evans said at a press conference Tuesday.

That conclusion might come as a surprise to the countless people who watched a bystander video of off-duty Boston police officer Edward Barrett’s brazen road rage attack on a pedestrian in May.

In the video, Barrett is seen using his knee to pin Milton Gurin, then 64, to the ground. Gurin said that Barrett nearly struck him with a vehicle while he was trying to cross the street, so he tapped on the officer’s window with his umbrella, which prompted the attack.

Barrett falsely claimed that Gurin broke his window, told him he was under arrest, and called for backup. Responding officers determined there was nothing but a smudge on Barrett’s window and released Gurin with no charges.

But Evans said there were only “minor issues” with Barrett’s actions. Evans defended Barrett, saying that Gurin crossed the street against the light and that the officer “believed” Gurin broke his window, which would have been felony had it happened outside of the officer’s imagination.

Evans said that after speaking with a number of witnesses, including Gurin himself, and watching more video of the incident, the department refuted excessive force allegations made by Stephen Harlowe, the man who shot the viral video that brought the incident to the public’s attention.

According to Evans, Gurin “wasn’t violently tackled, his head wasn’t slammed to the ground, and his hair wasn’t pulled”—he just tripped after Barrett chased him.

“All I see here is an officer having his knee in someone’s back,” Evans said dismissively.

But Carl Williams, the American Civil Liberties Union of Massachusetts lawyer who is representing Gurin, said the force was still unjustified because his client didn’t commit a crime.

According to Williams: “You have an officer up there saying, ‘This is what we’re trained to do.’ Well, then that’s terrifying. If you’re training your police officers to jump on people who are of the age Mr. Gurin is, and to put their knee in their back and put all their weight on them, that’s worrisome—because no crime was committed.”

Williams pointed out that Barrett could have simply looked at the window to check for damage before deciding to chase Gurin.

Williams said Gurin tapped Barrett’s window with a “very small, plastic umbrella” and started running “because someone was yelling at him.”

“[Gurin] was in fear,” Williams said. “[He] started to get chased down the street, and was running because a person was chasing him, and fell because a person was chasing him, and was injured because a person was chasing him.”

Williams added that the outcome of the investigation may “embolden police to do more physically harmful activities to Boston civilians.”

Evans said that “there will be some counseling” but no disciplinary action for Barrett. Evans said Barrett should have identified himself as an officer sooner and called a supervisor to the scene.

Prior to the road rage incident, Barrett had two excessive force complaints that the police department did not sustain.

In an interview in June, Evans said Barrett’s supervisors described the 20-year veteran of the police force as a “quiet kid,” and he said the officer was not a “threat” to the public.

Barrett was not placed on leave during the investigation. Last year, he made $105,754.37.

Williams would not comment to reporters on whether Gurin plans to file a lawsuit.

http://photographyisnotacrime.com/2016/09/21/boston-police-commissioner-says-minor-issues-off-duty-officers-road-rage-attack/

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #3107 on: September 21, 2016, 01:38:29 PM »

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3108 on: September 24, 2016, 10:26:37 AM »
Georgia Cop Gets Shot, Blames Black Man, Gets Charged with Fabricating Story

Sherry Hall was two months into the job as a Georgia police officer when she came across a scary black man who shot her before escaping into the woods, sparking an intense manhunt that was followed by the usual condemnation of Black Lives Matter on social media.

But as we’ve seen so many times before, Hall had fabricated the entire story.

And now the Jackson police officer is facing four felonies.

Hall, who was careful to keep her dash camera turned off, did not realize investigators could still find ways to expose her lies.

Or maybe she didn’t expect the Georgia Bureau of Investigation to spend 600 hours investigating the shooting that took place on September 13, 2016 where she reportedly was shot in the abdomen, but protected by her bulletproof vest.

According to a statement released from the GBI Friday.

Earlier today, the GBI secured four criminal arrest warrants through the Superior Court of the Towaliga Judicial Circuit on Sherry Hall. They are as follows: False Statements, Tampering with Evidence, Interference with Government Property, and Violation of Oath of Office.

After following the leads and evidence, the investigation has now revealed that there is no, and never was, a suspect shooter at large in Jackson, Georgia.

The GBI was requested by the Jackson Police Department to independently investigate both the Officer Involved Shooting/ Use of Force and the alleged Aggravated Assault of a Police Officer. The GBI Milledgeville Office committed all available assets and resources, which included personnel from two regional offices. To date, there have been in excess of 600 investigative work hours expended on this investigation and certain aspects of this investigation are still ongoing.

The alleged incident began at approximately 12:08 a.m. on Tuesday, September 13, 2016 when Sherry Hall called out over the radio that she had been shot. Several law enforcement officers from the Jackson Police Department and the Butts County Sheriff’s Office immediately responded to assist in the officer down call. Sherry Hall alleged through three separate interviews with the GBI that she was shot by a black male subject who was positioned near the wood line at the cul-de-sac on Camellia Court. Sherry Hall further advised that she did not engage her in car video and audio recording equipment.

As part of this investigation, the GBI solicited input from the manufacturer of the in car camera system as well as a GBI Digital Forensic Investigator, in an effort to further this investigation. Video and audio evidence was recovered from the hard drive of the unit. After hours of subsequent examination of that video evidence, it was revealed that inconsistences existed with regard to Sherry Hall’s statements, witness statements, physical evidence, and later examination of forensic evidence.

As of late Friday, Hall was staying in “private facility, of her own volition,” where she will be arrested upon release.

Hall who began working at the Jackson Police Department on July 3, 2016 previously worked with the Griffin Police Department as well as with the Butts County Sheriff’s Office.

In the 1990s, before she went into law enforcement, she was charged with first degree criminal damage to property, which is a felony. She was fined $1,700 and served five years of probation.

But that obviously had no effect on her ability to be hired as a law enforcement officer.

Below is a lengthy interview she conducted with CBS 46 after the shooting where she proves herself to be a natural liar.

https://photographyisnotacrime.com/2016/09/23/georgia-cop-gets-shot-blames-black-man-gets-charged-with-fabricating-story/

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3109 on: September 24, 2016, 10:30:54 AM »
Cops Exposed as Liars After Video Shows Them Severely Injure Man By Sadistically Tasering Him in the Back

Richmond County, GA — Carlos Seals was harming no one and being entirely compliant when Richmond County deputies deployed a taser into his back causing him to fall backward and hit his head. Seals was severely injured during the fall and was forced top pay for his own medical treatment after deputies lied and said he deserved it.

According to the initial police report, deputies claimed Seals was being combative and would not comply. While Seals admitted to using profanity, the video shows he was not at all combative.

According to the police report, one of the deputies deployed his stun gun, but it didn’t connect. It goes on to say that Seals is still combative so the deputy writes he reached for his stun gun and it connected.
However, this was simply not true.

This attack happened on Aug. 30, 2015, and Seals has yet to receive a single penny for his more than $20,000 in medical expenses.

Video shows Seals enter a secure area in the Richmond County Jail in Augusta and while there is no audio, we can clearly see that there is no physical struggle.

“I screamed and everything was over with,” Seals told WSB-TV.

In the video, Seals is complying with the deputies’ orders to get up against the wall. He has his hands behind his back and his face to the wall when two deputies sadistically deploy their tasers.

“I watched him come through the door and he said, ‘pop his a**.’ As soon as he said that, dude shot me in my back,” Seals said.

After he was hit, Seals’ body locked up and he fell to the floor, smashing down on his head. He was knocked out.

For more than 90 seconds, deputies simply look down at him as if they thought he was faking. Then, one of them finally checks his pulse.

Deputy Donnie Crawford wrote in the police report that Seals was being physically combative and they had no other choice but to deploy their tasers. However, as the video shows, this was a lie.
“None of those facts applied. He was in the surrender position,” said DeKalb County-based attorney Anita Lamar. “I’d rather go by the video rather than what they say is on the video.”

Lamar and Craig Jones filed a federal civil rights lawsuit against Richmond County, Deputy Donnie Crawford and Deputy Christopher Alexis over the incident, according to WSB-TV.

While the Sheriff’s Office said they can’t comment, they did say that Deputy Crawford was fired. However, no action was taken against Christopher Alexis.

“You don’t shoot a dart and then run electricity through the dart unless they are violently resisting you,” Seals said.

“They are refusing to pay the bills, so now not only does he have injuries to deal with but has bills to pay,” Lamar said.

What the video below shows is the power of police lies. Had this surveillance footage been kept from the public, no one would have believed that Seals did not deserve to be tasered. Next time someone says “do what the police tell you, and you will not be hurt,” show them this video.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/video-cops-liars-taser-man-back/

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3110 on: September 24, 2016, 10:35:06 AM »
Family Awarded $1.2 Million After Cops Executed their ‘Unconscious’ Father in His Car

OAKLAND, Calif. (CN) — The city of Oakland has agreed to pay $1.2 million to the family of a man shot to death by police who found him unconscious in his car.

The settlement, which brings to a close two separate lawsuits filed by Demouria Hogg’s family, will be split among his mother, two children and one other family member.

Oakland Police officer Nicole Rhodes shot and killed Hogg on the morning of June 6, 2015, after firefighters spotted him sleeping in a BMW parked near Lake Merritt with a handgun resting on the passenger seat next to him.

Rhodes and two other officers spent the next hour trying to wake Hogg with a bullhorn, loudspeakers and by firing beanbag rounds to break out the car’s windows.

When they finally roused him, officer Daniel Cornejo-Valdivia used a stun gun on Hogg while Rhodes fired two shots into the car, according to an amended complaint. Hogg was pronounced dead at Highland Hospital.

John Burris, an attorney for Hogg’s son, said that Hogg didn’t wake up right away because he was hard of hearing. He said the officers should have given Hogg time to comply with their orders before shooting him.

Instead, the family claimed, police killed him as soon as he awoke. Hogg hadn’t committed any crime or made any aggressive move that would have led officers to believe he was dangerous, the family said.

According to CBS SF, Rhodes thought Hogg was reaching for his gun and that’s why she fired two rounds into the car. The Alameda County District Attorney’s Office declined to file criminal charges against Rhodes.
The killing sparked several protests in Oakland. Many protesters said Hogg was killed for simply sleeping in his car.

After the killing, the California Department of Corrections said Hogg had a criminal record involving drug charges and was in violation of parole when he was shot.

“Defendants express their sincere condolences to Demouria Hogg’s family,” City Attorney Barbara Parker said in a July answer to his son’s complaint. But she added that “defendants maintain that that the city’s officers’ actions during the subject incident were in line with the United States Constitution and with state law.”

Hogg’s family settled with the city on August 12, according to court filings. The Oakland City Council approved the settlement 7-1 on Tuesday, with Councilmember Desley Brooks dissenting.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/family-cops-executed-unconscious-father/

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3111 on: September 26, 2016, 10:57:24 AM »
Cop Feels Wrath of Police State as He’s Falsely Arrested for Terrorism and Unable to Get Justice

Oklahoma City, OK (CN) — An off-duty cop who was detained after being mistaken for a terrorist was not falsely arrested, the Oklahoma Court of Appeals ruled.

Joshua Shaw was at an Oklahoma City pub with a female officer in December 2012. They were talking about going to the gun range and shooting their weapons.

Another off-duty officer overheard them and feared that they were planning terrorist acts. He talked to the bartender, who told him that the couple were police officers, not terrorists.

Still, the officer called Oklahoma City police.

Shaw complained that one officer yanked him off his bar stool and another dragged him outside. Shaw told them he was also a cop, and one of the officers noticed his badge under his jacket.

Shaw claimed that he was detained for 25 minutes and that the officers explained to him that an off-duty cop had reported that someone was discussing shooting an AK-47.

Shaw sued Oklahoma City for false arrest, assault and intentional infliction of emotional distress.

The city moved to dismiss the case, arguing that its officers had probable cause to detain Shaw. The trial court ruled in the city’s favor.

Shaw appealed, but the Oklahoma Court of Appeals also ruled for the city.

According to Judge William Hetherington Jr., Shaw cannot prevail on his emotional distress claim because he failed to show that the officers acted in bad faith.

He added that Shaw cannot win on his assault claim, because it would fall outside the scope of the officers’ employment.

“(The) city’s motion for summary judgment lists as an ‘undisputed fact’ that Shaw believes the officers were acting intentionally and maliciously and attaches his deposition testimony as support,” Hetherington wrote.

He also agreed with the city that Shaw was not falsely arrested because he admitted to being off-duty and carrying a gun in a bar.

“The serious nature of the information communicated to OKCPD by an undisputedly reliable source and then communicated to the police officers is sufficient to warrant 1) reasonable belief Shaw has committed or is committing a felony and 2) the officers’ actions in seizing a potentially armed and dangerous arrestee in a public place to protect not only the customers but also the officers themselves,” he wrote. 

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cop-wrath-police-state-terrorism-justice/

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3112 on: September 26, 2016, 11:08:14 AM »
Cop Quietly Given Back Job After Executing Handcuffed Man on Video

El Paso, TX — A former El Paso cop was just given his job back after he shot and killed a handcuffed man on March 8, 2013. The entire incident was captured on video, yet the county had no problem giving back this officer his badge and gun.

Officer Jose Flores was quietly reinstated to the El Paso Police Department in August after the Combined Law Enforcement Associations of Texas appealed the department’s decision to fire Flores, according to the El Paso Times.

Arbitrator Mark Sherman ruled that while Flores violated use of force policies, the shooting was accidental and he should be reinstated, reports the Times.

“Obviously, this was a very tough case because there was a person who lost his life and he should not have lost his life,” said James Jopling, lawyer for the association that represented Flores in the arbitration.
“Nevertheless, Officer Flores was a very good officer at the time this happened and he continues to be. The department and city are going to benefit from his service.”

The disturbing footage shows former Mr. El Paso, Bodybuilder Daniel Saenz, 37, being dragged through the corridors and then outside because guards refused to admit him.

Once outside, the shirtless man struggles with Flores and another civilian guard who lose control of him. Flores then reaches for his taser but quickly decided to go for his gun instead. He then claims that the security guard bumped his finger causing him to kill Saenz.

Here is that graphic video:

Earlier that day, Saenz had been arrested for acting strangely at a local grocery store and got into a scuffle with police during the arrest.

Several hours later he was shot and killed by Officer Jose Flores. Flores claimed he used the Glock to subdue Saenz, because the tazer was used several times before with no effect.

According to CLEAT (Combined Law Enforcement Associations of Texas) Flores was not found guilty of a crime because Saenz still posed a significant threat, despite the cuffs.

‘Saenz could quickly front his cuffs and turn them into a deadly weapon, given his considerable strength, agility and demonstrated resistance to the Taser …

‘At the same moment Officer Flores draws his weapon, Mr. Saenz pushes off on that curb and, with remarkable strength, sends the civilian escort flying backwards.

‘The civilian escort’s arm then hits the trigger hand of Officer Flores, causing his weapon to discharge.’

The decision to rehire Flores is in spite of the department previously decrying his actions in a public notice of termination. The notice also stated that they were aware Flores lied about the incident. As the El Paso Times reports:

A Notice of Termination, which was issued to Flores on Oct. 28, 2014, stated that Flores was fired “based on the evidence, the shooting of Daniel Saenz falls outside Department policies, procedures, rules and/or regulations. Your use of deadly force against Saenz was not justified under Department policy.”

It goes on to state, “Saenz was handcuffed at all relevant times and you re-engaged in the struggle with him after you drew your weapon. Your conduct was the result of poor judgment and such conduct is not considered to be within the policy, practice or custom of the Department.”

The notice also states that Flores “misrepresented facts regarding res gestae statements made to supervisors and whether or not your conduct was intentional or accidental. By misrepresenting the facts you are considered to have been dishonest and untruthful.” Res gestae, Latin for “things done,” is the legal term for the circumstances and events that in this case led to the shooting.

When a cop can kill a man in handcuffs, on video, and not only avoid jail but also be given back their job — something is seriously wrong.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cop-executing-handcuffed-man-video-job-amp/

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3113 on: September 26, 2016, 03:14:55 PM »
Being responsible for your firearms? Only applies to citizens..

Police might not know where their guns are, and the law says that's OK

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/police-730005-weapons-guns.html

Southern California police agencies regularly lose track of all manner of firearms, from high-powered rifles and grenade launchers to standard service handguns – weapons that often wind up on the street.

Often, the reports show, officers treated their guns in ways that wouldn’t be legal for most civilians. High-caliber firepower was stowed in backpacks or gym bags and stuffed behind car seats. Handguns were stashed in center consoles or glove boxes.

Law enforcement officers – unlike most civilians – don’t have to follow state law requiring that guns left in unattended vehicles be locked in the trunk or secured in a locked gun box and placed out of sight.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3114 on: September 26, 2016, 04:19:50 PM »
« Reply #3113 on: 26-09-2016, 23:14:55 »
Reply with quoteQuote
Being responsible for your firearms? Only applies to citizens..

Police might not know where their guns are, and the law says that's OK

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/police-730005-weapons-guns.html

Southern California police agencies regularly lose track of all manner of firearms, from high-powered rifles and grenade launchers to standard service handguns – weapons that often wind up on the street.

Often, the reports show, officers treated their guns in ways that wouldn’t be legal for most civilians. High-caliber firepower was stowed in backpacks or gym bags and stuffed behind car seats. Handguns were stashed in center consoles or glove boxes.

Law enforcement officers – unlike most civilians – don’t have to follow state law requiring that guns left in unattended vehicles be locked in the trunk or secured in a locked gun box and placed out of sight.

Jeez -- You couldn't make this stuff Less Believable !!

What or why are they not held to a higher accountability
Yet more examples of Why there is Such A Serious Problem
With the Police & Policing.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3115 on: September 26, 2016, 04:25:23 PM »
Jeez -- You couldn't make this stuff Less Believable !!

What or why are they not held to a higher accountability
Yet more examples of Why there is Such A Serious Problem
With the Police & Policing.

The same people who, unlike the citizens plebs have "special training" on how to handle firearms (even though their firearms have an odd habit of "accidentally discharging themselves") and will arrest citizens who mishandle or lose theirs, somehow are being held to a lower standard.

Once again, it appears that in the police state not only do laws not apply equally to everyone but in many cases Law Enforcement=Law Exempt.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3116 on: September 26, 2016, 05:04:32 PM »
The same people who, unlike the citizens plebs have "special training" on how to handle firearms (even though their firearms have an odd habit of "accidentally discharging themselves") and will arrest citizens who mishandle or lose theirs, somehow are being held to a lower standard.

Once again, it appears that in the police state not only do laws not apply equally to everyone but in many cases Law Enforcement=Law Exempt.

Very well said,
Still so many people just don't see it or don't want to see it / Believe it.
Though the tide is turning slowly -- With the continued highlighting of
The awful & unlawful behaviour -- It will Change.

As I have stated before it's painful & infuriating reading some ( most )
Of your posts --
Though BIG THANKS & You Do an Excellent job Bring it to others Attention.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3117 on: September 27, 2016, 12:08:13 AM »
Barbaric..
Will there be any outrage and protests for this since the attacker was black?
What would've happened if there was no video and only the cops' word?
Why didn't the other cop arrest the violent criminal?
Why was the victim arrested for resisting arrest and tresspassing?
Will those 2 violent criminals  be arrested? Will they face any actual consequences?

Rhetorical questions of course.

Houston police officer resigns after surveillance video emerges showing him beating a civilian at a train station with his baton

• Jairus Warren submitted letter of resignation on Monday after Houston officials released video of September 14 incident at train station
  • Footage shows Warren and his partner, Daniel Reynoso, approaching Darrell Giles on a bench at a train station
  • After a brief conversation, Warren is seen taking out his baton and striking Giles repeatedly, knocking him to the ground
  • Houston police chief acknowledged that Warren used excessive force against Giles

A Houston police officer has resigned after surveillance footage emerged showing him using 'excessive force' against a civilian at a local train station.
Graphic video released by Houston officials Monday shows an officer viciously beating a man on a train platform with his baton earlier this month, KTRK-TV reported.
The video was caught by surveillance cameras at a train station in Houston, where police officers approached a man sitting on a bench in the early morning hours of September 14.

The man, Darrell Giles, appeared to be asleep when the officers, Jairus Warren and Daniel Reynoso, approached him.
After a brief conversation, the video shows Warren taking out his baton and striking Giles  at least 12 times.

When an injured Giles fell to the ground, another brief conversation ensued before Warren continued wielding the baton.
Giles was arrested and booked for resisting arrest, but those charges were dropped.

'I am writing this letter to serve as formal notice that effective immediately, I am resigning from my position as a licensed enforcement officer with the METRO police department,' Warren wrote in his resignation letter, dated Monday.

'It has been a great pleasure and honor to serve with the METRO police department. The department provides a great service to the people of Houston, and I hope you all have continued success.'

Warren and Reynoso were both suspended after the incident, but the latter will remain on the force as the video does not show him taking an active part in the beating.

Instead, Reynoso will be subject to additional training.

Houston police acknowledged that the video shows Warren used excessive force against Giles.

'Let me just say that I did count the number of times Mr. Giles was struck, but one is too many in my opinion if it's not justified,' Houston Metro police chief Vera Bumpers told KTRK.

Bumpers said that the encounter shown on video was the second between police and Giles.

The police chief said that Giles was asked to leave the platform by transit employees, but that he did not cooperate.

'They had dealt with him a couple of times earlier that morning asking him to leave the platform and he was combative,' she said.

Earlier this month, Giles told KTRK of his ordeal.

'I thought he pulled a gun out,' Giles said on September 17, a few days after the incident.
'He hit me so hard, he knocked me to the ground, so the first couple licks, he's just standing over me going bom, bom, bom making some noise.'
'I don't remember too much. All I remember is bracing myself and just taking the licks and I was holding my arm up,' Giles added.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3808938/Houston-police-officer-resigns-surveillance-video-emerges-showing-beating-civilian-train-station-baton.html

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3118 on: September 27, 2016, 12:25:02 AM »

Very well said,
Still so many people just don't see it or don't want to see it / Believe it.
Though the tide is turning slowly -- With the continued highlighting of
The awful & unlawful behaviour -- It will Change.

As I have stated before it's painful & infuriating reading some ( most )
Of your posts --
Though BIG THANKS & You Do an Excellent job Bring it to others Attention.

Thank you for the kind words. Hopefully by highlighting some of these injustices and atrocities some people, even on getbig, will indeed change and have a different outlook. The problem is that many times the most barbaric, violent and inexcusable cases of injustice and violence are ignored by the media and people get the impression that these things rarely, if ever, happen and that there are only 3-4 bad cops across the US. Or in some cases, people willfully choose to ignore these stories and blindly support the cops (or BlackLiesMatter or whoever) thinking "well the cops wouldn't do that without a reason, he must've done something to deserve it" and "I haven't done anything wrong, I have nothing to hide so I don't care if my rights are trampled". They don't realize how the laws do not apply equally and do not protect equally and they do not realize that many of these things could happen to them.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3119 on: September 27, 2016, 01:46:28 PM »
Thank you for the kind words. Hopefully by highlighting some of these injustices and atrocities some people, even on getbig, will indeed change and have a different outlook. The problem is that many times the most barbaric, violent and inexcusable cases of injustice and violence are ignored by the media and people get the impression that these things rarely, if ever, happen and that there are only 3-4 bad cops across the US. Or in some cases, people willfully choose to ignore these stories and blindly support the cops (or BlackLiesMatter or whoever) thinking "well the cops wouldn't do that without a reason, he must've done something to deserve it" and "I haven't done anything wrong, I have nothing to hide so I don't care if my rights are trampled". They don't realize how the laws do not apply equally and do not protect equally and they do not realize that many of these things could happen to them.

Well said - Totally agree.
Some of it is The Media covering for them & some is simple brainwashing.
Also lots of otherwise intelligent people see & know deep down what is going on
Is wrong - only they choose to ignore it or can't quite accept it as it goes against
All they have been taught about the police.
It would mean they have been lied to & a lot of their world would have to be re-evaluated
And as it isn't directly affecting them (yet) it's easier to continue with the False Belief.

Keep up the good work.
It's not just America that has awful corrupt police & judicial system
The U.K. isn't far behind. Only public & police are not all carrying guns.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #3120 on: September 27, 2016, 02:10:37 PM »
The reason a person gets in so much more trouble for offending against an officer, is the same reason an officer should be in all the more trouble in the situations seen here.  Exact same reason.  No excuses, trying to have one without the other.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3121 on: September 27, 2016, 07:02:57 PM »
South Florida Cops Ordered to Pay $6.2 Million for Rape and Coerced Punching of Genitals On-Duty

One South Florida cop forced a woman to perform oral sex on him before raping her on the hood of his car under threat of arrest.

The second cop ordered the woman’s female friend to punch him in the genitals, which is what got him off.

Now Franklin Hartley and Thomas Merenda, who have since by fired from the Lauderhill Police Department, have to pay the women $6.2 million after a federal judge ruled against them in a civil trial last week.

But the former cops may never be able to pay that amount considering they are still facing criminal charges that may send them to prison.

And even if they don’t get convicted in their upcoming criminal trial, they will still likely not be able to pay that amount unless they happen to win the lottery or something.

But they will never be able to live those debts down by filing for bankruptcy, U.S. District Judge Kathleen Williams ruled on Thursday.

So they will likely have their wages garnished for the rest of their lives, not to mention have their property and assets seized. A steep price to pay for 90 minutes of coerced action in a vacant parking lot four years ago.

But because they never retained lawyers or responded to the civil suit, the judge took the women’s claims as truth.

And that will likely be used against them in their upcoming criminal trial.

According to the South Florida Sun Sentinel:

Merenda’s lawyer in the criminal case, Eric Schwartzreich, said his client did not hire an attorney to represent him in federal court because he could not afford it.

“Getting water from a rock is going to be difficult in the collection process,” Schwartzreich said. “You can get a judgment but you gotta be able to collect. He doesn’t have anywhere near that type of money.”

Before the alleged rape, Hartley had served five years as a cop and Merenda had served 11.

Investigators later found Jane Doe 1’s underwear at the scene and GPS data supported the women’s claims that the encounter took place behind a closed tire shop on Commercial Boulevard and lasted more than 90 minutes, according to the lawsuit.

Included in Jane Doe 1’s award was $75,000 in compensatory damages against Hartley “for his attempts to intimidate her after her sexual battery,” court documents show.

The judge in Hartley’s criminal case rebuked Hartley for the same thing last October. He found Hartley had violated the terms of his release on bond by calling Jane Doe 1 at the restaurant where she worked.

As a result, Hartley was placed on house arrest and ordered to wear a GPS monitor to track his whereabouts. He is allowed to leave home for work and certain errands and activities.

The incident took place on May 24, 2012 after Hartley pulled the two women over after they had left a strip club, where they had been drinking. He ordered them to follow him to the parking lot where he then called Merenda.

They were not arrested until more than a year later, which was when they were first placed on unpaid administrative leave, then terminated.

Hartley, 36, was ordered to pay $4.5 million. Merenda, 38, was ordered to pay $1.7 million.

Both have pleaded not guilty for their upcoming trial.

https://photographyisnotacrime.com/2016/09/27/south-florida-cops-ordered-to-pay-6-2-million-for-rape-and-coerced-punching-of-genitals-on-duty/

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3122 on: September 28, 2016, 09:52:52 AM »
Once again the armed goons attacking innocent people and yet they face no actual consequences for their crimes. If it was normal citizens who did this they would have been arrested and taken to court for harassment and assault. But laws do not seem to apply to cops.

Belligerent Cops Accuse Innocent Man of Breaking Into His Own House & Savagely Beat Him

Greensboro, NC — In the American police state, sitting on your own porch in broad daylight, doing nothing untoward, could still earn a punch in the face and tackling to the ground by an ignorant, rogue cop — even if you’re fully compliant and respectful.

Dejuan Yourse found that out the hard way on June 17, when he waited for his mom to meet him at the Greensboro, North Carolina, house he’d intermittently shared with her for years. Because he did not have a current key to the home, Yourse’s mother told him to relax on the porch until she arrived.

Officer Travis Cole and an as-yet unidentified female officer, however, pulled up before she got there, and proceeded to harass, intimidate, insult, and ultimately brutalize Yourse — on his own front porch — for literally no reason.

Body camera footage revealed the male officer’s unjustified “disturbing” excessive force, and — although far too many similar incidents go unpunished — this time, video led to some semblance of justice.

Although the encounter begins cordially enough — the officers politely ask basic investigatory questions after being summoned to the scene by someone unfamiliar with Yourse who had assumed it was a case of breaking and entering — the tension escalates quickly, thanks to Cole’s assumption the man must be lying. Were it not for the costumes and badges of the police, the startling encounter would constitute pure thuggery.

“What are you doin’ breaking into your mom’s house?” the officer asks, only partly sarcastically.

“I’m not breaking in here,” Yourse replies, laughing.

Cole asks about the shovel next to the man, having been alerted to its presence by the unknown caller. Yourse explains he found it in the yard and then demonstrates how he pried open bottom of the automatic garage door to ensure the family dogs weren’t inside.

Intent to find trouble where none exists, Cole continues questioning the man, remarking, “you can understand what it looks like.”

“Yes, sir,” Yourse acknowledges repeatedly, adding he’d lived at the address for ten years.

Still, Cole persists — somehow convinced a burglar would park their own car in the driveway of the house they intend to rob, and then wait on the front porch in the middle of the day for its occupants to return.

To prove he isn’t lying, Yourse resorts to calling his mother, even handing the phone to Cole as it rings on speaker, to show him the number he dialed. Unfortunately and likely because she’s driving to meet her son, the call goes to voicemail.

Having lived in the home for a decade, Yourse appears stunned by the cop’s obvious skepticism about his belonging there, but still maintains a respectful tone and does not hesitate to provide information. When the call to his mother fails to alleviate the situation, Yourse tells the cop his neighbors would be more than happy to verify his identity — and even offers to contact them by phone.

There was a time where officers would perform due diligence when investigating a situation, and in this instance, with two officers on scene, one of the pair should have approached the neighbors Yourse repeatedly insists would verify he lived at that address.

Instead the pair take it upon themselves to assume the black man in the quiet neighborhood must be fabricating a tale. After quibbling over the pronunciation of the man’s unusual last name — and even though Yourse has been polite, compliant, and phenomenally restrained, given the circumstances — Cole inexplicably decides he’s had enough.

Poking Yourse with his finger, the thug cop firmly orders, “I said sit down.”

“Hey, man, why are you doing this?” Yourse asks, showing obvious frustration at the needless harassment, again adding the address matches that on his ID, which he doesn’t happen to have with him.

Cole then ironically tells the man he’s acting suspiciously ‘animated,’ which, of course, happened purely in response to the officer’s own rude escalation of the encounter.

Fed up, Yourse dials someone and asks them to come to the house to prove he lives there.

“Okay, off the phone,” Cole says, snatching the phone right out of the man’s hand.

“Hey, man, you can’t grab my phone like that!”

But it’s too late. Cole made the decision when he arrived on scene that — no natter what the black man on the front porch had to say — he didn’t belong and would be going to jail.

Video shows the officer physically grab Yourse in an attempt to place him in handcuffs — for no reason.

Repeatedly, the man asks the cop what he’s doing and tells him, rightly, he “can’t do this.”

Cole insists he’s resisting, but Yourse says again and again, “I am not resisting!”

As the female officer joins the struggling pair on Yourse’s front porch, Cole suddenly punches the man in the eye.

Pulling him from the chair and onto the bricks, Cole over and over again tells Yourse to stop resisting — even though it’s clear the physically imposing and highly perplexed man did not do so, even after being decked in the face.

After wrangling two pairs of cuffs onto Yourse’s wrists, the pair of costumed thugs drag him across his lawn toward a waiting patrol car, stopping at one point with the man face down.

“Sit right here! Do NOT fuckin’ move. Don’t say another damned word,” Cole bellows at the innocent man. “This is not working out, apparently.”

“Be an adult,” the female cop patronizingly adds.

“What did I do?” Yourse demands.

“Be an adult. Be an adult.”

In an astonishingly rare outcome, however, the body cam footage of Yourse’s encounter with the errant cops led to a bit of justice. To avoid being charged, Cole resigned in August — but, ordinarily, that would mean he’d be free to simply move along to another department to brutalize other innocent civilians.

“I was very concerned and disturbed about what I saw,” said Greensboro City Manager Jim Westmoreland last week after city officials viewed both officers’ body camera footage, local FOX8 reported.

“Well it’s horrible!” exclaimed City Councilman Mike Barber. “And I say this as a white male representative.

“If you get down to common decency and respect, that officer didn’t show it.”

Greensboro Police Chief Wayne Scott told FOX8, “I wouldn’t dare as a chief tell anyone this kinda thing never happens. We have around 900 employees, over 680 sworn police officers on any given day getting dozens of calls and interactions. But what they can be assured of is we take this very serious.”

On Monday, Greensboro City Council voted unanimously, 8 to 0, in favor of the permanent suspension of Cole’s law enforcement certification — cementing not only his resignation from the Greensboro force, but from any police work in any department. Mayor Nancy Vaughn apologized to Yourse, who attended the heated meeting, calling the incident “ugly.”

Many in attendance felt Cole — and the female officer — should be criminally charged. Yourse did not sustain serious injuries, despite the blow to his eye.

However, that permanent suspension might have, indeed, saved a life — Cole’s attack on Dejuan Yourse wasn’t his first time harassing and accosting innocent people.

According to FOX8, the former officer once arrested two brothers for public intoxication and blocking traffic — on an empty street — as well as resisting arrest.

One brother recorded the peaceful arrest on his cell phone, disproving Cole’s claims and eventually allowing charges to be dropped and forcing the officer to be suspended.

Considering the thuggery, needless harassment, and blatant rudeness, contempt, and pretentiousness these bully cops displayed on film, the Council’s decision to prohibit Travis Cole ever to work in law enforcement again might be the best outcome possible.

This is what sitting on your own porch waiting for mom, looks like in a police state:

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/video-sitting-porch-beaten-police-state/

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3123 on: September 28, 2016, 03:32:32 PM »
Armed criminals threatening and terrorizing without real consequences.

Massachusetts Detective who Threatened to Murder Teens and Plant Drugs Won’t Be Fired or Charged

A Springfield, Massachusetts narcotics detective has been placed on leave for 60 days, but not fired, after videos surfaced showing him threatening to murder two teenagers and plant drugs on them — videos which have cast doubt on the detective’s numerous drug cases.

Detective Gregg A. Bigda was caught on video on February 26 at the Palmer Police Department, where he interrogated two teenagers, who along with a third teen were suspected of stealing an undercover police car outside a pizza shop, when he made the threats, according to a report on MassLive.com.

The videos were placed under seal by a judge to avoid exposing the identities of the two teens. However, a lawyer described them in court last week. According to MassLive:

Details of the videos were discussed during arguments in Hampden Superior Court this week by defense lawyers attempting to get cases dismissed for defendants in unrelated drug cases. The attorneys contend the Palmer incident has damaged Bigda’s credibility, which now potentially taints the integrity of scores of drug investigations.

Defense lawyer Jeanne Liddy on Wednesday quoted the videos in an unsuccessful attempt to get her client’s indictment for heroin distribution dismissed.

“He was yelling and making very strong threats of physical violence,” Liddy told Hampden Superior Court Judge Tina S. Page. “Threatening to ‘crush his skull in the parking lot’ and ‘plant a kilo of cocaine in his pocket to put him away for 15 years.'”

To drive his point home, Bigda tells one suspect that he could pin the Kennedy assassination on him “and make it stick.”

“I’m not hampered by the truth because I don’t give a f—,” Bigda reportedly screams on video, which allegedly also includes sneering racial remarks leveled at the suspects.

“You probably don’t even know who your f—ing father is,” he barks at one.

This week, prosecutors allowed a man to plead guilty to heroin charges as a first-time offender because of Bigda’s involvement in the case, and Page sentenced the man to time served rather than sending him to prison, according to MassLive.

Springfield Police Commissioner John Barbieri said he did not fire Bigda because he believed the case would not survive a civil service hearing, and the department could be forced to rehire Bigda and give him back pay.

Instead, Bigda will be reassigned to a uniform day shift once his suspension ends.

Barbieri added: “Based on the circumstances and the information available, I decided that that a very lengthy suspension was proper based on: the incident; Officer Bigda’s acceptance of responsibility for improper behavior; and his previous lengthy employment without recent serious disciplinary history.”

Despite that last claim from the commissioner, a judge issued two restraining orders against Bigda earlier this year related to an incident during which an ex-girlfriend said the detective broke into her home at night, threatened her, and got into a “physical altercation” with her and a second incident in which the detective showed up at the woman’s home uninvited. Both restraining orders were eventually dropped, but Bigda was suspended from his job for 10 days.

In 2005, Bigda was involved in an illegal search of a UPS package that was later thrown out by a Hampden Superior Court judge.

The incident involving the teens is currently under investigation by the Hampden District Attorney’s Office.

According to a report filed by a Wilbraham police officer, one of the Springfield police officers who responded to the police cruiser theft kicked one of the teens in the face while he was on the ground and in handcuffs. The officer was not named in the report.

Detective Steven Vigneault, who filed the report about the stolen cruiser, recently resigned from the force.

However, Hampden District Attorney Anthony Gulluni said that Bigda will not face charges over his threats against the teens.

The incident involving Bigda is the latest reminder that scandals related to the War on Drugs are extremely common in Massachusetts.

For instance, since 2013, the Lowell Police Department has faced four lawsuits alleging that the department used informants to plant drugs and weapons on people to frame them. The scandal led to prosecutors dismissing 17 cases and vacating two convictions, although prosecutors denied the allegations and said police did nothing wrong.

Recently, the American Civil Liberties Union asked the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court to overturn 24,000 drug convictions from 2003 to 2012 — about one in six drug convictions from that period. These cases were compromised by a corrupt chemist at a Massachusetts State Police crime lab named Annie Dookhan who was caught faking lab results in 2012.

Less than a year after Dookhan was caught, a chemist at a different lab, Sonja Farak, was found to have stolen drugs from the lab where she worked over the course of eight years, compromising thousands of additional cases.

And this year, an audit found that more than $400,000, thousands of pieces of drug evidence, and at least 60 firearms went missing from the Braintree Police Department’s evidence room. The officer who was in charge of the evidence room killed herself after the audit began; two of the missing firearms were later found in her home. Prosecutors have already dropped dozens of criminal cases as a result of the scandal.

Also this year, the State Police opened an investigation into thefts of cash and prescription drugs from the Lee Police Department.

Perhaps it’s time for police to use their limited resources to investigate real crimes, like murder, which often go unsolved in Springfield and elsewhere — and to get the investigations right.

http://photographyisnotacrime.com/2016/09/28/massachusetts-detective-who-threatened-to-murder-teens-and-plant-drugs-wont-be-fired-or-charged/

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #3124 on: September 28, 2016, 08:20:23 PM »
The "brave heroes" shot dead a 6 year old kid in "self defense"... #kidlivesmatter? Where is the outrage for this killing? Even though it happened almost a year ago it has been hardly mentioned in the news.

Louisiana Cops Shoot into Car, Killing 6-Year-Old Jeremy Mardis

Body cam footage showing Louisiana cops shooting into a car and killing a 6-year-old boy sitting in the passenger seat of his father’s car was released earlier today, showing no evidence that the cops were in fear for their lives as they have been claiming since last year.

After all, not only does the video not show Christopher Few using his car as a weapon by ramming his car into their cars.

His car is not even pointed in their direction.

What it does show is Few sitting in his car with both hands out the window as his car is angled perpendicular to the two Marksville City Marshals who pull up in their cars, step out and start shooting.

The incident took place November 3, 2015 after marshals Derrick Stafford and Norris Greenhouse Jr. claimed they tried to pull Few over for an outstanding warrant.

But it turned out, there was never a warrant for Few’s arrest. Nor was there a gun in the car.

But his son was in the car, a 6-year-old boy named Jeremy Mardis who had been diagnosed with autism. He was shot five times.

At the time, there was talk that perhaps the deputies had a personal vendetta against Few but that has not been talked about since.

The video, which is what led to murder and attempted murder charges against the two cops, captures their surprise when they realized they had just killed a child.

“I never saw a kid in the car, man,” Stafford tells Greenhouse according to the Associated Press, which has not published that part of the video yet.

“I never saw a kid, bro.”

But ballistics indicate he fired his gun 14 times, striking the child at least three times.

Greenhouse fired four times, but they have not determined if his bullets struck anybody.

The footage is from a body cam worn by a third cop, Marksville Police Sgt. Kenneth Parnell, III, who did not fire his gun, although it certainly looks that way from the video.

The video was released today by a judge during a hearing for the two cops. Local media says it has much more footage but much of it is gruesome, so they are deciding what is appropriate to release.

There is no audio for the first 30 seconds of the video, which indicates Parnell turned it on as the other cops were shooting Few, resulting in the half-minute buffer with no audio also being recorded.

Both face second-degree murder and second-degree attempted murder charges.

As is the case with many cops we write about, both cops had a history of violence and unchecked abuses, especially Stafford, who was once charged with aggravated rape, so if only they would have fired him from the get-go, little Jeremy Mardis would be alive today.

https://photographyisnotacrime.com/2016/09/28/watch-louisiana-deputies-shoot-into-car-killing-6-year-old-jeremy-mardis/