Author Topic: After many years, it's my turn. Chime in on this one gh15 lol.  (Read 10745 times)

BobbyObrad

• Getbig II
Re: After many years, it's my turn. Chime in on this one gh15 lol.
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2010, 03:07:24 PM »

its not your fault, you just have EXTREMELY high calves,

below the knee, even your bone structure is is very small.........tiny ankles as well

your never gonna have good calves, but its nothing your doing wrong ...........its just genetic

You can say that again! I have extremely high calves lol. Too high, dam genetics. Haha, ya I've definitely realized I will never have amazing calves but I'm hoping to get some growth out of them! Wishful thinking   ::)

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2010, 03:10:16 PM »
HM. Try enlarged calve raises. For example, do as many as you can (with good form) on your right, then immediately switch to your left, etc. until you're down to alternating six reps, or so. Then, with the calves nicely exhausted, go do some doglegged stuff. Do this for a few months, and you'll either see a nice improvement, or it was just not meant to be.    

Add: Also try a second calve WO 3/4 days later just doing the enlarged stuff. They'll help get your reps up there.

Add Add: Check out this thread: http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=156877.0

I think this our Plus' thread. Some good points/hints/tips in here.

Brings back ambivalent fond memories. For some reason, already in my mid thirties, I became obsessed with calves. For almost two years my life practically revolved around them. In all fairness though I have to admit, something I didn't do at the time, that I did suffer a tear on one of my calves which accounts for the "peak". I don't even train them seriously anymore. I just do some one leg raises just to warm up because I still stretch them a lot. I have heel spurs on both feet and if I don't stretch regularly then they start to act up. Calves are definitely a muscle unlike any other. It's a bitch to get but once you have them it doesn't seem to go away. They don't seem to grow or shrink with body weight. In the first pic, when I first posted the thread on IronAge about calf training I was around 195 lbs. On the second pic, taken last year, I weighed 183 lbs.

BobbyObrad

• Getbig II
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2010, 03:12:45 PM »
Hmm. I think there are few things he can do, tho. He'll probably never be in Vince Taylor's class - that's a given - but he can bring them up a bit in size, and they will look like he trains them, if he's given to vascularity.

I have decent calf vascularity...ill listen to ya whenever you wanna shoot me some advice. specially calf advice!

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2010, 03:13:43 PM »
I like this BobbyObrad guy. He has a good attitude and seems like a down to earth guy. Not full of himself like so many others here.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2010, 03:20:15 PM »

BobbyObrad - You look Awesome!!!!  Keep up the great work man!  Make sure you post up those contest pics!!!

BobbyObrad

• Getbig II
« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2010, 03:24:57 PM »
I like this BobbyObrad guy. He has a good attitude and seems like a down to earth guy. Not full of himself like so many others here.

Thanks pellius! That's how I've always been,  nobodys perfect, but atleast we can try to be. Improvements everyday buddy! Pellius you got some pretty impressive calves man...wanna share some? You got enough to spare. :P

BobbyObrad

• Getbig II
« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2010, 03:51:06 PM »
BobbyObrad - You look Awesome!!!!  Keep up the great work man!  Make sure you post up those contest pics!!!

Thanks big ach! I sure will man, I got sometime to try to put some more size on. Contest will be in april. First one too! I'm pretty stoked

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2010, 04:13:44 PM »
And the last epic fail picture of the night....lol

Why don't you train calves?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2010, 04:29:08 PM »
Good first pic!
X

BobbyObrad

• Getbig II
« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2010, 04:40:11 PM »
Why don't you train calves?

The crazy part bro is I do...lol believe it or not. 3 times a week. Horrible response tho lol...I've tried liftin heavy, high reps, super sets, giant sets...it runs in my family, you should have seen my grandpas calves...now I know where I get them from. I wish they could be like my shoulders and just respond well to barely nothing, but it ain't in my cards. Lol

BobbyObrad

• Getbig II
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2010, 04:44:32 PM »
Good first pic!

Thanks man!! I think I need more bicep development on the side chest for sure tho! But I'm not complaining haha...brachialis issue maybe?

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2010, 05:46:09 PM »
Thanks big ach! I sure will man, I got sometime to try to put some more size on. Contest will be in april. First one too! I'm pretty stoked

Still lots of time!

I think there's still room for improvement, and once you go to a lower bf level, things will look completely different.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2010, 05:48:19 PM »
bobby has a good base

he is a month of Ketogenic Cycle Dieting and "Tabata's on a empty stomach first thing in the morning" away from looking really good

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2010, 07:39:23 PM »
What mod screwed with my post? I quoted Chimps and someone changed the wording.

Original quote from dr. chimps:

Hmm. Try one-legged calve raises. For example, do as many as you can (with good form) on your right, then immediately switch to your left, etc. until you're down to alternating six reps, or so. Then, with the calves nicely exhausted, go do some two-legged stuff. Do this for a few months, and you'll either see a nice improvement, or it was just not meant to be.    

Add: Also try a second calve WO 3/4 days later just doing the one-legged stuff. That'll help get your reps up there.

Add Add: Check out this thread: http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=156877.0

I think this our Pellius' thread. Some good points/hints/tips in here.

Then for some reason it was changed to this:

Quote from: dr.chimps on Today at 10:00:22 AM
HM. Try enlarged calve raises. For example, do as many as you can (with good form) on your right, then immediately switch to your left, etc. until you're down to alternating six reps, or so. Then, with the calves nicely exhausted, go do some doglegged stuff. Do this for a few months, and you'll either see a nice improvement, or it was just not meant to be.   

Add: Also try a second calve WO 3/4 days later just doing the enlarged stuff. They'll help get your reps up there.

Stopped fucking with our threads. Either delete it entirely or leave it alone. Don't start changing the wording. What the fuck is up with that?!!!!!

BobbyObrad

• Getbig II
« Reply #64 on: October 13, 2010, 07:45:44 PM »
Still lots of time!

I think there's still room for improvement, and once you go to a lower bf level, things will look completely different.

Ya I'm hoping things come in very nicely when I diet...my bf is up there right now..but it can be =)..I'm a dumbass cause I never workout abs? In offseason what should the ab workout look like?

BobbyObrad

• Getbig II
« Reply #65 on: October 13, 2010, 07:48:41 PM »
bobby has a good base

he is a month of Ketogenic Cycle Dieting and "Tabata's on a empty stomach first thing in the morning" away from looking really good

Haha, ya the dieting will defintely be a challenge for me but it will be done!  ... 8)....thanks buddy

BobbyObrad

• Getbig II
« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2010, 07:50:57 PM »
What mod screwed with my post? I quoted Chimps and someone changed the wording.

Original quote from dr. chimps:

Then for some reason it was changed to this:

Quote from: dr.chimps on Today at 10:00:22 AM

Stopped fucking with our threads. Either delete it entirely or leave it alone. Don't start changing the wording. What the fuck is up with that?!!!!!

that's awesome feedback man, ill go ahead and take a look at it right now. thanks!

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2010, 08:02:40 PM »
This is getig isn't it? WTF is wrong with you douchebags?

Let's start at the top..........

Epic crooked faux hawk and offset ears on a beachball head being held up by a pencil neck.

Monster one arm way bigger than the other while still lacking triceps to attach to the pointy little elbows.

Brutal ILS and one pec looking non-existant.

LOL @ baby fat covering where the abs are supposed to be.

Speaking of babies.......brutal "short comings" in the package department....... :-X

True Adonis-like leg mass.

Professional black bodybuilder like calves.

Not to mention Outed for stripping to your undies and posing on a public beach and having the desire to shave yourself bald, get oiled up and let old men judge your looks for the chance to win a plastic trophy.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

BobbyObrad

• Getbig II
« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2010, 08:33:23 PM »
Now that's a getbig response! Glad to see your relaxing tonight chaos and starring at my junk..  ??? ::)...as much as you don't want to believe it I've never had a problem in that department.  8) I do however got a lot work cut out man, but that's bodybuilding...you stay classy chaos

BobbyObrad

• Getbig II
« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2010, 08:36:31 PM »
Oh ya, and you guys are right...the mohawk was gay, I cut it 2 months ago... =)

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2010, 08:37:03 PM »
Dude, I so thought you were natural...
 :o  :o

BobbyObrad

• Getbig II
« Reply #71 on: October 13, 2010, 08:44:03 PM »
Who said I wasn't?  ;)...I'm assuming gh15 will chime in soon

BobbyObrad

• Getbig II
« Reply #72 on: October 13, 2010, 08:50:14 PM »
chaos you missed my other non-existant peck shot in this picture.  I respect your opinion, can you break this one down a little? This is the most recent of the 3...In all due respect of course.... ;D

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #73 on: October 13, 2010, 08:51:09 PM »
split your leg training up, Do hamstrings the day you do your quads specifically, Quad training stretches the hamstring muscle differently to leg curls etc, just be sure to warm up before you do heavy presses and squats

When doing quads pre exhaust the lower quad first, do leg extensions then leg press and finish with smith squats,

This type of workout works well with tall man mechanics. first up regular squats are for shorter guys

Calf wise your flucked, unless you get some site oil not synthol just gear in there like the black dudes with high calves, make sure you do a lot of stretching a few days after you start shooting them, do one at a time especially at the start as you can limp on the other leg,they will get sore as, dont shoot prop first up  shit works but only to a point, so dont go over board or your muscles will fail and they will end up looking shit like wheelers did, the secret is to get it in deep like big Ron, just dont hit any nerves or they will shrink to smaller than even now.  ;D

BobbyObrad

• Getbig II
« Reply #74 on: October 13, 2010, 08:59:15 PM »
split your leg training up, Do hamstrings the day you do your quads specifically, Quad training stretches the hamstring muscle differently to leg curls etc, just be sure to warm up before you do heavy presses and squats

When doing quads pre exhaust the lower quad first, do leg extensions then leg press and finish with smith squats,

This type of workout works well with tall man mechanics. first up regular squats are for shorter guys

Calf wise your flucked, unless you get some site oil not synthol just gear in there like the black dudes with high calves, make sure you do a lot of stretching a few days after you start shooting them, do one at a time especially at the start as you can limp on the other leg,they will get sore as, dont shoot prop first up  shit works but only to a point, so dont go over board or your muscles will fail and they will end up looking shit like wheelers did, the secret is to get it in deep like big Ron, just dont hit any nerves or they will shrink to smaller than even now.  ;D

Haha that's awesome.  You live up to your name, I respect that! Thanks dude... I will take your advice for the leg training man.  See where I can take these dam quads.  You think pre-exhausting will get them to grow?  Should I still lift heavy or do more quality controlled reps?