Author Topic: the importance of both heavy weight and high reps.  (Read 26113 times)

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
Re: the importance of both heavy weight and high reps.
« Reply #100 on: December 07, 2010, 06:55:56 PM »
strength does not = size,,

strength with enough hormones also does not equal size,,

stimulation of the muscle = size

get it in your head,,

never the less,, if you can stimulate your muscle by lifting heavy ass weight then your size and strength will go hand in hand

i keep tellin you over andover,,you can build the best chest in the city by simply work on a hammer with out evere touching free weight,,its all in the muscle stimulation and tension with its respond to the drugs and DOSES you are on

gh15 approved

fallen angel

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #101 on: December 07, 2010, 06:59:55 PM »
Growth hormone 15, what's better for hamstrings? What exercises, how many sets, reps?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #102 on: December 07, 2010, 11:38:00 PM »
strength does not = size,,

strength with enough hormones also does not equal size,,

get it in your head,,

never the less,, if you can stimulate your muscle by lifting heavy ass weight then your size and strength will go hand in hand

i keep tellin you over andover,,you can build the best chest in the city by simply work on a hammer with out evere touching free weight,,its all in the muscle stimulation and tension with its respond to the drugs and DOSES you are on

gh15 approved

sure, you can build up any muscle on machines. and yes, tension is important. but even on tons of gear and using machines and putting alot of tension on the muscle.. gowth will stop happening if the weight isnt increasing over time.

clued-up

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: December 08, 2010, 03:57:56 AM »

^That... is the whole ball of wax.

clued-up

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: December 08, 2010, 04:03:16 AM »
sure, you can build up any muscle on machines. and yes, tension is important. but even on tons of gear and using machines and putting alot of tension on the muscle.. gowth will stop happening if the weight isnt increasing over time.

Give it up... you haven’t lived long enough to know what you’re talking about.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #105 on: December 08, 2010, 04:15:03 AM »
A bench shirt acts as 'extra tendons'.

No, it doesen't. A benching shirt restricts the movement range of your muscles and support them, thus eliminating the need for neuromuscular coordination and mobilization of auxiliary muscles to lift the weight. Thus, it increases your strength by increasing your neuromuscular efficiency. A benching shirt works nothing like stronger tendons. You: 100% wrong. Again.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #106 on: December 08, 2010, 06:14:49 AM »
PROGRESSIVE OVERLOAD=stimulation of the muscle 8) ;D ;)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #107 on: December 08, 2010, 08:02:45 AM »
Give it up... you haven’t lived long enough to know what you’re talking about.
  ::) broseph your a perfect example of why lifting heavy is necessary.. durign all your years of training and during all your cycles you never built any size, all you ever did was shape your body. sure, the general public would look at a picture of you on one of your cycles and think "bodybuilder" because you had alot of muscle definiton everywhere, but in the world of bodybuilders you never had any size and that is what bodybuilding is about-size. big weights are a prerequisite to size

clued-up

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: December 08, 2010, 09:08:40 AM »
 ::) broseph your a perfect example of why lifting heavy is necessary.. durign all your years of training and during all your cycles you never built any size, all you ever did was shape your body. sure, the general public would look at a picture of you on one of your cycles and think "bodybuilder" because you had alot of muscle definiton everywhere, but in the world of bodybuilders you never had any size and that is what bodybuilding is about-size. big weights are a prerequisite to size

You are correct.. I do not train for *size*.. and in bodybuilding land.. I am nothing compared to a roid freak.

I only ever did 1 real *cycle* of steroids, as I’ve stated on this board a zillion times - it simply lasted a couple of years  ;D  - cycling - for the birds. Just stay on.

Otherwise I run an HRT dose of test from time to time.. or dabble with a low dose oral (like 10-20mg a day) <--- you want to call that a cycle, be my guest.

Still, without the juice, and without lifting heavy at all - I continue to fill out my frame adding to my chest, shoulders, back and especially legs (they filled out nicely after I started training light).. I’ve got more pop on my tri’s now than ever.

So, lifting light weights.. and not even that often - why do I keep adding muscle? You may say I never built any size.. but I call adding muscle to my body exactly that - *building size*, and its still happening (admittedly I’m not a *bodybuilder*)

How do I keep gaining muscle without lifting heavy weights?

If I added a bunch of juice to my current workout *methods*.. I would look like a bodybuilder.. pretty sure. At 5'10 and 220.. I dont want anymore size.

By the way.. The *size game* is what ruined bodybuilding.

Hope this helps.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #109 on: December 08, 2010, 09:33:50 AM »
James001, how do you keep adding muscle without lifting heavy weights? Well, even if you aren't lifting "heavy weights" you are lifting heavier weights than you were before, and that IS EXACTLY WHY YOU ARE FILLING OUT IE. GETTING BIGGER MUSCLES

g101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #110 on: December 08, 2010, 12:21:12 PM »
i like to train heavy.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #111 on: December 08, 2010, 12:27:03 PM »
 No, it doesen't. A benching shirt restricts the movement range of your muscles and support them, thus eliminating the need for neuromuscular coordination and mobilization of auxiliary muscles to lift the weight. Thus, it increases your strength by increasing your neuromuscular efficiency. A benching shirt works nothing like stronger tendons. You: 100% wrong. Again.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

You are wrong.

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #112 on: December 08, 2010, 12:48:10 PM »
Tbombz. I don't really think some converted fat kid, who only even looks like he touches a weight is because he megadoses and shoots up seo's like the sun isn't going to rise tommorrow, is an authority on training. ;)

You are saying nothing revolutionary here.

I personally like to pyramid to cover both bases.
Trans Milkshake.

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #113 on: December 08, 2010, 01:29:59 PM »
You are wrong.

haha  you are going to give the poor lad a heart attack  :)

suckmymuscle

« Reply #114 on: December 08, 2010, 05:23:09 PM »
You are wrong.

Explain why.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

suckmymuscle

« Reply #115 on: December 08, 2010, 05:24:32 PM »
haha  you are going to give the poor lad a heart attack  :)

Lad? Are you British? And why would I have a heart attack over something that I am 100% sure that I am correct?

SUCKMYMUSCLE

clued-up

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: December 09, 2010, 07:19:48 AM »
Tbombz. I don't really think some converted fat kid, who only even looks like he touches a weight is because he megadoses and shoots up seo's like the sun isn't going to rise tommorrow, is an authority on training. ;)

He’s gotta be - Mr F u c k i n g Know-It-All...

Thank GOD we have him here.

Otherwise, shit wouldn’t get figured out  ;D

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #117 on: December 09, 2010, 02:06:29 PM »

You are saying nothing revolutionary here.

I personally like to pyramid to cover both bases.

im not saying anything revolutionary, and youare doing what i said you should do...    so why the attempt at an attack?

besides, at 18 years old as a natural i looked pretty good.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #118 on: December 09, 2010, 02:37:03 PM »
  The stupidity of the people here is truly awesome. From claiming that strength comes from stronger tendons to that a benching shirt increases your bench by working as artificial tendons, the stupidity is truly epic. They should call the Guiness people so they can read the dumbest people on Earth giving their opinions on things and then publish them on the Guiness on "most stupid" category lol....

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: December 09, 2010, 02:46:04 PM »
  The stupidity of the people here is truly awesome. From claiming that strength comes from stronger tendons to that a benching shirt increases your bench by working as artificial tendons, the stupidity is truly epic. They should call the Guiness people so they can read the dumbest people on Earth giving their opinions on things and then publish them on the Guiness on "most stupid" category lol....

SUCKMYMUSCLE

yes, "lol" indeed. 

Mayhap their mirth is directed on yonders tempestuous and thunderous epic self ownage.  ;)

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #120 on: December 09, 2010, 02:46:42 PM »

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #121 on: December 09, 2010, 02:47:45 PM »
The strength of a muscle is in a direct correlation with its size ie. A bigger muscle IS a stronger muscle and a stronger muscle IS a bigger muscle.

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: December 09, 2010, 02:58:09 PM »
The strength of a muscle is in a direct correlation with its size ie. A bigger muscle IS a stronger muscle and a stronger muscle IS a bigger muscle.

nah

you could take two identical clones and train and drug them in such a manner that the larger, more muscular one would actually be weaker than the other one

;)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #123 on: December 09, 2010, 03:04:43 PM »
Actually, you can only fairly compare one man to only himself, so it is literally impossible for the same man to get bigger muscles while simultaneously making his muscles weaker, this is just impossible and it could NEVER, EVER happen. If his muscle gets weaker, IT WILL GET SMALLER. No other way around it.

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: December 09, 2010, 03:09:58 PM »
Actually, you can only fairly compare one man to only himself, so it is literally impossible for the same man to get bigger muscles while simultaneously making his muscles weaker, this is just impossible and it could NEVER, EVER happen. If his muscle gets weaker, IT WILL GET SMALLER. No other way around it.

Not to be an ass, but technically you could take a powerlifter who can squat 1000 pounds and have him train for 2 years as a bodybuilder. He would (temporarily) be weaker with larger muscles. Of course he could regain his stregnth back in a short period, but still it kind of proves my point.