Author Topic: Another Bush in the White House?  (Read 44030 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Another Bush in the White House?
« Reply #125 on: April 15, 2014, 11:48:11 AM »
Trump: Jeb Bush Angered Many With 'Act of Love' Statement
Monday, 14 Apr 2014
By Greg Richter

Donald Trump says former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush angered many Republican voters when he said a week ago that many illegal immigrants enter the United States as an "act of love" to provide for their families.

Appearing over the weekend at the "Freedom Summit" in Manchester, N.H., crowds booed Bush's words when Trump paraphrased them.

"That's one I've never heard of before. I've heard a lot. I've heard money, I've heard this, I've heard sex, I've heard everything. The one thing I've never heard of was love," Trump told the crowd. "I understand what he's saying. But, you know, it's out there."

Trump said Monday on Fox News Channel's "Your World with Neil Cavuto" that he was having fun when he made the remarks, so he was caught off guard at how strong the negative reaction was to Bush's statement.

Both Trump and Bush have said they are considering a run for the GOP presidential nomination in 2016. Bush has the backing of the party's establishment, while Trump aligns with the conservative wing.

Trump told host Neil Cavuto he believes the United States is built on laws, and they should be respected.

"You either have a country or you don't," Trump said. "And if we're not going to have boundaries and we're not going to have borders, you don't have a country."

http://www.newsmax.com/NewsmaxTv/jeb-bush-donald-trump-freedom-summitt/2014/04/14/id/565583#ixzz2yyxjFZli

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #126 on: April 16, 2014, 09:22:22 AM »
Trump was a lifelong liberal until the last few years when it became convenient to swerve right.

Some CTers (like me) still believe he's only ACTING like a republican to make them look foolish.  NBC is paying him millions of dollars a year and coincidentally, he just keeps undermining GOP candidates and bringing up the birth cert stuff, getting egg on his face continally.  He drove the clown car that is the GOP mess of candidates in 2012.  All while being paid millions by a liberal news organization.   

Imagine if a lifelong republican like Newt suddenly decided "I'm a liberal!" then went on FOX news 24/7 to rant about left-wing ideals in the most idiotic way possible, pretending to run for POTUS and taking away all the limelight form Hilary, Warren, etc, screaming conspiracy theories and wearing a bad wig... all while FOX happily gave him a primetime show and millions of bucks. 

Dems would be convinced that the lifelong repub was just trying to make them look bad.  But noooo "Trump would never do that", right guys?  ;)

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: April 16, 2014, 06:11:30 PM »
Trump was a lifelong liberal until the last few years when it became convenient to swerve right.

Some CTers (like me) still believe he's only ACTING like a republican to make them look foolish.  NBC is paying him millions of dollars a year and coincidentally, he just keeps undermining GOP candidates and bringing up the birth cert stuff, getting egg on his face continally.  He drove the clown car that is the GOP mess of candidates in 2012.  All while being paid millions by a liberal news organization.   

Imagine if a lifelong republican like Newt suddenly decided "I'm a liberal!" then went on FOX news 24/7 to rant about left-wing ideals in the most idiotic way possible, pretending to run for POTUS and taking away all the limelight form Hilary, Warren, etc, screaming conspiracy theories and wearing a bad wig... all while FOX happily gave him a primetime show and millions of bucks. 

Dems would be convinced that the lifelong repub was just trying to make them look bad.  But noooo "Trump would never do that", right guys?  ;)

All about the power

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: April 17, 2014, 11:13:17 AM »
Jeb Bush’s wife, family issues key to 2016
By KATIE GLUECK | 4/16/14

If Jeb Bush decides to run for president, he’ll have to defend his family’s controversial political name.

But more immediate family concerns might keep him from running at all.

Republican donors and operatives are chattering about Bush’s publicity-shy wife, so worried she isn’t on board with a 2016 White House run that they’re urging people in the family’s orbit to make the case.

Columba Bush has long been deeply averse to the spotlight, especially after an embarrassing encounter with U.S. Customs while her husband was still in office.

Donors also wonder whether Bush is willing to subject his family and their personal lives to the inevitable scrutiny that comes with a national campaign. Two of his children have been in the news in past years for arrests linked to drug problems and public intoxication.

So while the buzz picks up around Bush, the donor class’s new questions about old issues are a sign of not only the dynamics of a potential Bush campaign, but of how seriously a key establishment group is taking the idea of a Bush bid.

“The issues have been brought up by the press and others in the past, and the family issues may well be brought out again,” said Al Cardenas, the chairman of the American Conservative Union, who headed the Florida GOP while Bush was governor. “If these matters are brought up, it would hurt him, not politically but personally. He has to make up his mind whether that’s a burden he wants to bear.”

A top Republican bundler with ties to the Bushes described the rising concern among those lobbying Jeb Bush to enter the race that his wife’s opposition will keep him from running.

“One of the things on the list of why he won’t run has always been the belief that she is opposed to it,” the bundler said. “As you’re moving closer to when people have to make decisions and Jeb is doing some of the things he has been doing, there has been more chatter around it, if for no other reason than there is a huge number of Bush Rangers, Pioneers — whatever the hell we were called along the way — who remain effectively frozen waiting on Jeb to make up his mind.”

People in the Bushes’ inner circle are being lobbied to make the case directly to Jeb Bush’s immediate family, the bundler added.

The former governor’s concerns about his family’s privacy are thought to have played a role in his decision to skip the 2012 presidential race. One Republican donor recalled that the chatter back then among GOP rainmakers was that Bush would ultimately skip a run because his wife didn’t relish the idea.

“They thought he wouldn’t do it because of Columba…[that] has not changed,” the source said.

Bush, the son of one president and the brother of another, would be a favorite with the GOP establishment, though he faces steeper odds among grassroots activists who detest his moderate views on immigration. He has said that he will likely make a decision on whether to run for president by the end of this year, and that he will pursue it only if his family signs off and if he can run “joyfully.”

Comparisons are often drawn between Bush and former Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels. The latter was popular with Republican elites in 2012, but ultimately chose not to run for president, citing the “interests and wishes of my family” amid a complicated situation with his wife and children.

Bush’s spokeswoman did not offer comment for this story. But just last week, Bush spoke movingly of his 40-year-marriage and his relationship with his wife, whom he first met while on an exchange program in Mexico, her native country.

“I saw her face, and I fell in love. I can’t explain it, but that’s the way it is,” the 61-year-old said at a Connecticut GOP dinner last week. “You’re going to have to trust me on this one. And for 40 years we’ve been married and it’s (been an) incredible joy. She doesn’t get much attention in the political world because she’s pretty normal, actually…”

He added,“Forty years of marriage for me is a big darn deal, and I love her very much.”

Ann Herberger, who has served as a Bush family fundraiser and remains close with the former governor and his family, said Jeb Bush would no doubt make sure his immediate family is on-board with a run, while also talking to his parents and other close relatives.

“Gov. Bush, he has a tough spine,” Herberger said. “Really the first hurdle he’s got to get over is, he’s got a very good life now back in Florida, Mrs. Bush is loving being back in South Florida. Can he do this joyfully?”

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/04/2016-election-jeb-bush-family-105748.html#ixzz2zAVrqN00

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: April 22, 2014, 05:32:09 PM »
JEB BUSH PUSHES AMNESTY, MORE HIGH-TECH VISAS AT EDUCATION CONFERENCE
by TONY LEE  22 Apr 2014

At a prominent conference of education innovators, Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, who is considering a 2016 presidential run, called for more guest worker programs and a path to amnesty for all of the country's illegal immigrants.

Speaking at what is known as the "Davos in the Desert" event in Scottsdale, Arizona, on Monday evening, Bush said the United States needed "robust guest worker programs" and an expansion of H1-B visas for the high-tech industry," even though the notion that there is a shortage of American high-tech workers has been called a myth. He also called for a "tough but fair path to legalized status" for all of the country's illegal immigrants and an end to immigration quotas for countries.

Bush said that it was not an "American value to have 12-13 million people living in the shadows" and spoke about the need to protect borders and sanction companies that may hire illegal immigrants.

He asserted that the "rags to riches rate" in the country is only four percent and that the American Dream is being replaced with "stickiness at both ends," as those born either wealthy or poor are likely to remain so while the middle class feels the squeeze.

Bush has previously called illegal immigration "an act of love" and said the issue "shouldn't rile people up." Establishment Republican guru Karl Rove even conceded that Jeb Bush was not artful in those remarks. At the conference, which was co-hosted by Arizona State University and GSV Advisors, Bush made no reference to those prior comments, though he has previously defended them.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/04/21/Jeb-Bush-Pushes-Amnesty-More-High-Tech-Visas-at-Davos-in-the-Desert-Conference

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: April 22, 2014, 06:09:15 PM »
JEB BUSH PUSHES AMNESTY, MORE HIGH-TECH VISAS AT EDUCATION CONFERENCE
by TONY LEE  22 Apr 2014

At a prominent conference of education innovators, Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, who is considering a 2016 presidential run, called for more guest worker programs and a path to amnesty for all of the country's illegal immigrants.

Speaking at what is known as the "Davos in the Desert" event in Scottsdale, Arizona, on Monday evening, Bush said the United States needed "robust guest worker programs" and an expansion of H1-B visas for the high-tech industry," even though the notion that there is a shortage of American high-tech workers has been called a myth. He also called for a "tough but fair path to legalized status" for all of the country's illegal immigrants and an end to immigration quotas for countries.

Bush said that it was not an "American value to have 12-13 million people living in the shadows" and spoke about the need to protect borders and sanction companies that may hire illegal immigrants.

He asserted that the "rags to riches rate" in the country is only four percent and that the American Dream is being replaced with "stickiness at both ends," as those born either wealthy or poor are likely to remain so while the middle class feels the squeeze.

Bush has previously called illegal immigration "an act of love" and said the issue "shouldn't rile people up." Establishment Republican guru Karl Rove even conceded that Jeb Bush was not artful in those remarks. At the conference, which was co-hosted by Arizona State University and GSV Advisors, Bush made no reference to those prior comments, though he has previously defended them.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/04/21/Jeb-Bush-Pushes-Amnesty-More-High-Tech-Visas-at-Davos-in-the-Desert-Conference

imagine iraq dropping 10 million criminals at our borders.   Imagine Cuba sending over boatload, tens of thousands of "legals" just washing up on FL beaches with the ability to vote & collect welfare the moment they set foot on the beach.  Imagine Russia emptying her prisons, dropping 1 million illegals a month - - - marching them right from Siberia into Alaska.

Will Jeb let them in?   Un-fcking-real.  Think about what happens when his "Act of love" goes beyond mexicans that might bring hispanic vote, and translates into the nations of the world dumping the dregs of their society at our borders.   Act of love, huh?  Does anyone here want Korea dropping 50,000 murderers a month into rowboats, 15 miles from hawaii?  lol

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: April 22, 2014, 06:14:42 PM »
Imagine ten million naked illegal aliens storming Washington, D.C. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: April 22, 2014, 06:28:51 PM »
Imagine ten million naked illegal aliens storming Washington, D.C. 

it would be quite the act of love.

all kidding aside, Jeb hasn't said he only wants to allow illegal mexicans to be here.  Maybe he doesn't understand we'd also be inviting illegal somali pirates to come here.  Suddenly, chinese political prisoners might "escape" their boat just off the coast of Cali.  And NKorea... and Syria... and just plain ol' Taliban showing up, DEMANDING WELFARE, voting....

I don't think anyone supporting it has thought this through.  Once you say it's okay as long as it's an "act of love", you're going to have garbage from all over the world washing up here.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: April 22, 2014, 06:59:48 PM »
Not just Somali pirates, but Jack Sparrow himself. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: April 22, 2014, 08:29:36 PM »
Not just Somali pirates, but Jack Sparrow himself. 

I'm looking fwd to seeing Jeb come out to the beaches of California and welcome 10,000 rowboats filled with starved, diseased North Korean dissidents who were dumped just 12.1 miles from Malibu lol.   

Imagine the world dumping their trash on our shores because we consider it an act of love to take on those who can't make it in their own countries.    Oh, and don't forget 10 million Haitians willing to take a 600 mile boat ride in exchange for a lifetime of free welfare and foodstamps in Miami.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: April 23, 2014, 12:56:06 PM »
Imagine 5 million one-legged illegal Mexican immigrants hopping across unguarded portions of the border.  Fact. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: April 23, 2014, 12:57:14 PM »
He's running.

Jeb Bush: ‘I’m thinking about running for president’
By Cristina Corbin
Published April 23, 2014
FoxNews.com

Feb. 26, 2013: former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush talks after his address on education to the Texas Business Leadership Council in Austin, Texas.AP
Jeb Bush said Wednesday he's "thinking about running for president," in his most direct statement yet about a possible 2016 run.

The former Florida governor spoke at a Catholic school benefit in New York Wednesday morning. He previously has said he'll make a decision on whether to run for president before the end of this year, making clear that he was considering the possibility.

But his comments on Wednesday appeared to be more direct. Asked what his "immediate plans" were, he said, according to an attendee: "I'm thinking about running for president."

The answer was met with applause and a standing ovation, after which Bush said: "Can someone call my mother so she can hear this?" the source told FoxNews.com.

His mother, Barbara Bush, has previously dismissed the prospect of another son running for president, saying "We've had enough Bushes." She later backed off that view, and even seemed to tout a possible Jeb Bush candidacy in a recent Fox News interview.

The event on Wednesday, which was closed to the press, was attended by Cardinal Timothy Dolan and meant to raise money for the Archdiocese of New York's Catholic schools.

Bush affirmed his interest in a presidential bid a couple hours after David Axelrod dismissed the idea.

Axelrod, a former senior adviser to President Obama, told MSNBC on Wednesday morning that "I have some real doubts as to whether he's going to run."

"Running in the Republican Party today is a hard thing to do, and I don't think Jeb Bush wants to run for president and have to subjugate his principles like the last two nominees did," Axelrod told MSNBC.

Prominent GOP officials and donors reportedly have launched a campaign to draft him into the race.

In an interview aired earlier this month on "Fox News Sunday," Bush said he'd make a decision by the end of the year. But, in a preview of the scrutiny to come should he decide to enter the race, he made comments about immigration that antagonized some on the right.

In the interview, he said those who enter the U.S. illegally do so to help their families.

"It's an act of love. It's an act of commitment to your family," Bush said. "I honestly think that that is a different kind of crime. There should be a price paid, but it shouldn't rile people up that people are actually coming to this country to provide for their families."

A recent Fox News poll showed Bush holding his own among possible 2016 candidates. The poll, which asked Republicans about their preferred 2016 GOP candidate, showed New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie leading with 15 percent, followed by Bush and Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul with 14 percent each.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/04/23/jeb-bush-im-thinking-about-running-for-president/?intcmp=latestnews

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #137 on: April 23, 2014, 01:09:27 PM »
I will not vote for Jeb - EVER

F Jeb

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: April 23, 2014, 01:11:16 PM »
I will not vote for Jeb - EVER

F Jeb

You might be sitting out 2016 then, because he has as good a shot as any to win the nomination. 

I think all Clintons and Bushes should not run anymore, but that's not reality. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #139 on: April 23, 2014, 01:17:12 PM »
You might be sitting out 2016 then, because he has as good a shot as any to win the nomination. 

Definitely sitting home or 3rd party if its Jeb 

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: April 26, 2014, 04:37:53 PM »

Nice complicated explanation....good theory...I think Trump is just dumb....thats a better explanation

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: April 26, 2014, 04:41:01 PM »

I like Jeb, but he makes too much sense...The radical right will beat him up so bad he will be another Romney....its inevitable

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #142 on: April 26, 2014, 04:43:42 PM »
I like Jeb, but he makes too much sense...The radical right will beat him up so bad he will be another Romney....its inevitable

He makes sense? Where? How? Jeb is just another statist asshole, who thinks his feelings and personal beliefs can dictate how others will live their lives.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: April 26, 2014, 06:17:53 PM »
Nice complicated explanation....good theory...I think Trump is just dumb....thats a better explanation

if you reverse it... and a lifelong Dem "suddenly" got hired by FOX to act like an ass, embarrass his party, give the president a victory in the ONE area where he could be impeached (birth cert), and was paid MILLION$ by the Repub network to do so....

Well, we'd all be LAUGHING at how stupid dems could be, to fall for such bullshit.   And so many repubs were ready to make the guy president lol..

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: April 28, 2014, 01:46:51 PM »

The "radical right" (whoever that is) didn't beat up Romney.  It was Obama and his minions who demonized Romney. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: April 28, 2014, 06:57:51 PM »
The "radical right" (whoever that is) didn't beat up Romney.  It was Obama and his minions who demonized Romney. 

Here are 56 quotes from republicans, doing exactly that, beating up Romney.   Sure, you'll point out some of them are moderate republicans.  But your sweetheart Susana Martinez, uber-conservaitive Rick Santorum, Bill Kristol, George Will, Rand Paul, Sarah Palin, Huck, Rick Perry, Haley Barbour, and a few other far-right names are on that list. 

The far right did destroy Romney for being a RINO.  I can't believe you don't see it.

Mitt Romney is the presumptive Republican nominee who will face President Obama in the Presidential Election this fall. Despite this, even Republicans aren’t thrilled about having Romney as their dear leader. In fact, Republicans seem to only be pushing Romney out of sheer desperation. They are so desperate to make President Obama a one term President that they are willing to support a man who they know is completely wrong for America and unqualified to lead. Don’t believe me? Here are 56 things Republicans have had to say about Mitt Romney.

1. ????“If you have things to hide, then maybe you’re doing things wrong. I think you ought to be willing to release everything to the American people.“
~Alabama Governor Robert Bentley, calling for Romney to release more years of tax returns, AP, July 14, 2012

2. “Now Mitt is not a perfect candidate. He has a number of problems. It’s hard for him, for blue collar families like mine to identify with him. It’s hard for economic conservatives to identify with him. He needs to do more to reach out to Latinos…”
~Former Republican NY Governor George Pataki, “endorsing” Romney and then telling the world how weak he is as a candidate, MSNBC, April 2012

3. “They (voters) want to know what’s the truth. They’re not interested in a chameleon.”
~Michele Bachmann, criticizing Mitt Romney’s flip flopping, speech in Florida, December 2011

4. “Well, I think you hit a reset button for the fall campaign. Everything changes. It’s almost like an Etch-A-Sketch. You can kind of shake it up and restart all over again. But I will say, if you look at the exit polling data in Illinois, you’ll see that Mitt Romney is broadly acceptable to most of the factions in the party. You have to do that in order to become the nominee…”
~Romney Communications Director Eric Fehrnstrom, describing his boss as a man who can’t make up his mind, CNN, March 21, 2012

5. “There are a lot of other people out there that some of us wish had run for President, but they didn’t. I think Mitt Romney would be a fine President, and he’d be way better than the guy who’s there right now.”
~Republican Senator Marco Rubio, wishing there were another candidate to pick from, The Daily Caller, March 2012

6. “He’s not a bold decision maker like Newt Gingrich is. Every time I talk to him, he says ‘well let me think about it.’”
~Romney supporter Sheldon Adelson, describing his new favorite Presidential candidate as a weak man who can’t make decisions, Jewish Journal, March 28, 2012

7. “I do know that all of the Michigan delegation worked very hard as related to the revival of the auto industry. There was really a choice between bankruptcy and liquidation. There was no one that was willing to come up not only with the cash to keep them afloat but also to serve the warranties of everyone, you and I that drive all these cars. There was no one that could have picked up those pieces other than the federal government. [The auto bailout was] ???bipartisan from the get-go. [Without it,] Michigan would have hit 40 percent unemployment rates.”
~Republican Michigan Rep. Fred Upton, endorsing Romney and then disagreeing with him about the auto bailout which has been a major Romney attack point, WMUK Radio, February 2012

8. “Mitt Romney and I don’t agree on every issue and certainly housing is one of them. When you look at what is going on here in Southern Nevada, you can’t say you got to let the housing market hit bottom. We have been bouncing along the bottom for years. And the fact is we have to do everything possible to: 1) keep people in their homes and 2) get people who are out of their homes back into their homes.”
~Republican Nevada Rep. Joe Heck, endorsing Romney, then distancing himself from Romney’s call to let home foreclosures hit the bottom, Las Vegas Sun, February 2012

9. “Santorum connects with some people. Unfortunately, my guy has a hard time doing that.”
~Former AZ Republican Party Chairman Randy Pullen, endorsing Romney and then tearing him down, CNN, February 2012.

10. “Gone are the days when the Republican Party used to put forward big bold visionary stuff…We’re gonna have problems politically until we get some sort of third party movement or some alternate voice out there that can put forward new ideas.”
~Jon Huntsman, saying that we need a third party not long after endorsing Romney. Also implying that Romney is not bold, nor a visionary leader, “Morning Joe,” MSNBC, February 2012

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/07/16/56-republican-quotes-against-mitt-romney-every-american-should-take-seriously/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: April 28, 2014, 07:06:16 PM »
Here are 56 quotes from republicans, doing exactly that, beating up Romney.   Sure, you'll point out some of them are moderate republicans.  But your sweetheart Susana Martinez, uber-conservaitive Rick Santorum, Bill Kristol, George Will, Rand Paul, Sarah Palin, Huck, Rick Perry, Haley Barbour, and a few other far-right names are on that list. 

The far right did destroy Romney for being a RINO.  I can't believe you don't see it.

Mitt Romney is the presumptive Republican nominee who will face President Obama in the Presidential Election this fall. Despite this, even Republicans aren’t thrilled about having Romney as their dear leader. In fact, Republicans seem to only be pushing Romney out of sheer desperation. They are so desperate to make President Obama a one term President that they are willing to support a man who they know is completely wrong for America and unqualified to lead. Don’t believe me? Here are 56 things Republicans have had to say about Mitt Romney.

1. ????“If you have things to hide, then maybe you’re doing things wrong. I think you ought to be willing to release everything to the American people.“
~Alabama Governor Robert Bentley, calling for Romney to release more years of tax returns, AP, July 14, 2012

2. “Now Mitt is not a perfect candidate. He has a number of problems. It’s hard for him, for blue collar families like mine to identify with him. It’s hard for economic conservatives to identify with him. He needs to do more to reach out to Latinos…”
~Former Republican NY Governor George Pataki, “endorsing” Romney and then telling the world how weak he is as a candidate, MSNBC, April 2012

3. “They (voters) want to know what’s the truth. They’re not interested in a chameleon.”
~Michele Bachmann, criticizing Mitt Romney’s flip flopping, speech in Florida, December 2011

4. “Well, I think you hit a reset button for the fall campaign. Everything changes. It’s almost like an Etch-A-Sketch. You can kind of shake it up and restart all over again. But I will say, if you look at the exit polling data in Illinois, you’ll see that Mitt Romney is broadly acceptable to most of the factions in the party. You have to do that in order to become the nominee…”
~Romney Communications Director Eric Fehrnstrom, describing his boss as a man who can’t make up his mind, CNN, March 21, 2012

5. “There are a lot of other people out there that some of us wish had run for President, but they didn’t. I think Mitt Romney would be a fine President, and he’d be way better than the guy who’s there right now.”
~Republican Senator Marco Rubio, wishing there were another candidate to pick from, The Daily Caller, March 2012

6. “He’s not a bold decision maker like Newt Gingrich is. Every time I talk to him, he says ‘well let me think about it.’”
~Romney supporter Sheldon Adelson, describing his new favorite Presidential candidate as a weak man who can’t make decisions, Jewish Journal, March 28, 2012

7. “I do know that all of the Michigan delegation worked very hard as related to the revival of the auto industry. There was really a choice between bankruptcy and liquidation. There was no one that was willing to come up not only with the cash to keep them afloat but also to serve the warranties of everyone, you and I that drive all these cars. There was no one that could have picked up those pieces other than the federal government. [The auto bailout was] ???bipartisan from the get-go. [Without it,] Michigan would have hit 40 percent unemployment rates.”
~Republican Michigan Rep. Fred Upton, endorsing Romney and then disagreeing with him about the auto bailout which has been a major Romney attack point, WMUK Radio, February 2012

8. “Mitt Romney and I don’t agree on every issue and certainly housing is one of them. When you look at what is going on here in Southern Nevada, you can’t say you got to let the housing market hit bottom. We have been bouncing along the bottom for years. And the fact is we have to do everything possible to: 1) keep people in their homes and 2) get people who are out of their homes back into their homes.”
~Republican Nevada Rep. Joe Heck, endorsing Romney, then distancing himself from Romney’s call to let home foreclosures hit the bottom, Las Vegas Sun, February 2012

9. “Santorum connects with some people. Unfortunately, my guy has a hard time doing that.”
~Former AZ Republican Party Chairman Randy Pullen, endorsing Romney and then tearing him down, CNN, February 2012.

10. “Gone are the days when the Republican Party used to put forward big bold visionary stuff…We’re gonna have problems politically until we get some sort of third party movement or some alternate voice out there that can put forward new ideas.”
~Jon Huntsman, saying that we need a third party not long after endorsing Romney. Also implying that Romney is not bold, nor a visionary leader, “Morning Joe,” MSNBC, February 2012

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/07/16/56-republican-quotes-against-mitt-romney-every-american-should-take-seriously/

Did you read what you posted?  They are not demonizing him.  Those comments were made during the primary season when they running against him.  They always throw darts at each other during the primary season.  And some of the comments were actually compliments, like this one:

The stuff you posted, which is out of context, pales in comparison to Harry Reid calling him a tax cheat from the Senate floor, the commercial accusing Romney of being responsible for someone's death, and accusing him of hiding money in offshore accounts. 

I can entirely believe you don't see this. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: April 28, 2014, 07:14:19 PM »
Did you read what you posted?  They are not demonizing him.  Those comments were made during the primary season when they running against him.  They always throw darts at each other during the primary season.

But you didn't clarify "The "radical right" (whoever that is) didn't beat up Romney AFTER the primaries.

Is that what you meant to say?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: April 28, 2014, 07:17:39 PM »
But you didn't clarify "The "radical right" (whoever that is) didn't beat up Romney AFTER the primaries.

Is that what you meant to say?

I meant to say exactly what I said. 

Did you mean to post quotes that did not support whatever point you were trying to make (again)?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: April 28, 2014, 07:32:40 PM »
I meant to say exactly what I said. 

Did you mean to post quotes that did not support whatever point you were trying to make (again)?

You said exactly this:

Once I pointed out some quotes in which the far-right did in fact beat up on Romney, you suddenly added the qualifier "after the primaries". 

It's musical arguments here.   There's really no point in trying to keep up.  You don't feel the repubs hammered Romney, and I do.  You feel the repub base will "show up and support whoever the GOP chooses", and I don't (and the 08 and 12 data agrees with me).  We can just agree to believe different things, man.