Author Topic: Moving to Monterey, check out the potential apartment. I want advice  (Read 21209 times)

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
Re: Moving to Monterey, check out the potential apartment. I want advice
« Reply #75 on: February 09, 2012, 04:45:37 PM »
If a grad school needs to advertise on tv then it's probably not a credible school.  How often do you see Harvard advertising on tv?
Exactly. Real Unis aren't Western Sky Financial. If you are an undergrad, and you're not putting your ass in a seat, you're getting taken for a ride. Sad.  :-\

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #77 on: February 09, 2012, 04:48:53 PM »
Exactly. Real Unis aren't Western Sky Financial. If you are an undergrad, and you're not putting your ass in a seat, you're getting taken for a ride. Sad.  :-\
for all the time you spent at university you sure are obtuse when it comes to any matter intellectual , as obvious by your attempts at partial participation in the threads on such subjects.. 

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #78 on: February 09, 2012, 04:50:10 PM »
Hey tbombz just a quick announcement on the 'massive' mass-less particle debate we've been having.

Just for shits and giggles, today I asked a professor of theoretical physics(that works at the LHC if that means anything to you) about this issue. I presented both sides of the argument we've been having and I also specifically asked him "Do photons have mass in ANY sense of the word, no matter the definition? He clearly said "NO". He also pointed out that the connection people sometimes make between relativistic mass and photons is incorrect.

Science doesn't rely upon authority, but sometimes it's probably best to just listen and accept certain facts.
from incomplete data

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #79 on: February 09, 2012, 04:53:19 PM »
for all the time you spent at university you sure are obtuse when it comes to any matter intellectual , as obvious by your attempts at partial participation in the threads on such subjects.. 
How can anyone be so unintelligent that they can't perceive their own stupidity!? Must be one of God's mysteries.  :-\

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #80 on: February 09, 2012, 04:58:33 PM »
Hey tbombz just a quick announcement on the 'massive' mass-less particle debate we've been having.

Just for shits and giggles, today I asked a professor of theoretical physics(that works at the LHC if that means anything to you) about this issue. I presented both sides of the argument we've been having and I also specifically asked him "Do photons have mass in ANY sense of the word, no matter the definition? He clearly said "NO". He also pointed out that the connection people sometimes make between relativistic mass and photons is incorrect.

Science doesn't rely upon authority, but sometimes it's probably best to just listen and accept certain facts.
i agree in principle, and i really do not blame you what so ever for just repeating what the experts say. in their own context, they are certainly correct. but as he said, the vast majority of people think of an entirely different context for the terms being used. which is quite misleading.  i would love to have a debate with your professor. this fall i was on a couchsurfng camping trip to volunteer in yosemite national park and this french guy from the island of reunion who is an astrophysicist was there and we had a delightful conversation on such topics.  there is an afgahn dude who is studying at the school my gf went to for her BS and we go to parties at her friends apartment all the time on campus and he is there, we always get into discussions about islam, u.s. middle eastern policy, etc. very enlightening to talk to people who have first hand experience, experts, on issues im interested in.

all that to say, i guess, that im really not close minded like you may think i am, there are just cerain ideas i am fond of and enjoy bringing up in discussion. i appreciate anyone who engages in discussions with me on these issues, no matter how disagreeable i may be, as most people hate talking about "taboo" subjects and are instantly turned off by the topic.

im glad i got you thinking enough about the issue to go to your professor about it !  :)

one thing you brought up the other day i didnt respond to, is that gravity doesnt act on photons. but do you remember how einstein proved his theory of relativity? it was by calculating the curvature of light as it passed the sun, because the suns massive gravitational force cause the beam of light to shift !  ;)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #81 on: February 09, 2012, 05:00:21 PM »
How can anyone be so unintelligent that they can't perceive their own stupidity!? Must be one of God's mysteries.  :-\
LOL  please, someday, do engage in some discussion. i really hope you can put down your wall, whatever is causing it to be up; whether insecuirty, fear of failure, or just simply arrogance.. i know not..  but for all your faults i do sense some kind intellectualism there and thus would enjoy conversing about ANY subject that interests you..  :)

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #82 on: February 09, 2012, 05:02:11 PM »
one thing you brought up the other day i didnt respond to, is that gravity doesnt act on photons. but do you remember how einstein proved his theory of relativity? it was by calculating the curvature of light as it passed the sun, because the suns massive gravitational force cause the beam of light to shift !  ;)
no.

have a good day.
follow the arrows

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: February 09, 2012, 05:04:26 PM »
i agree in principle, and i really do not blame you what so ever for just repeating what the experts say. in their own context, they are certainly correct. but as he said, the vast majority of people think of an entirely different context for the terms being used. which is quite misleading.  i would love to have a debate with your professor. this fall i was on a couchsurfng camping trip to volunteer in yosemite national park and this french guy from the island of reunion who is an astrophysicist was there and we had a delightful conversation on such topics.  there is an afgahn dude who is studying at the school my gf went to for her BS and we go to parties at her friends apartment all the time on campus and he is there, we always get into discussions about islam, u.s. middle eastern policy, etc. very enlightening to talk to people who have first hand experience, experts, on issues im interested in.

all that to say, i guess, that im really not close minded like you may think i am, there are just cerain ideas i am fond of and enjoy bringing up in discussion. i appreciate anyone who engages in discussions with me on these issues, no matter how disagreeable i may be, as most people hate talking about "taboo" subjects and are instantly turned off by the topic.

im glad i got you thinking enough about the issue to go to your professor about it !  :)

I absolutely did not say that. Quote me please.
from incomplete data

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #84 on: February 09, 2012, 05:07:25 PM »
gravity does not act on photons  >:(

see previous post for clarification
follow the arrows

Xerxes

« Reply #85 on: February 09, 2012, 05:08:05 PM »
I fucking knew it. We're paying for it. Freeloaders.!

That's your stance on student LOANS?!?!?!?!?!

HOW IS IT POSSIBLE TO BE SO RETARDED? HOW? HOOOOOOOW????

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #86 on: February 09, 2012, 05:09:16 PM »

I absolutely did not say that. Quote me please.

lol...I see what you are doing here....brilliant

Xerxes

« Reply #87 on: February 09, 2012, 05:11:05 PM »
 :-X :-\

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #88 on: February 09, 2012, 05:11:23 PM »

Ron Paul wants to abolish the department of education altogether
follow the arrows

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #89 on: February 09, 2012, 05:13:00 PM »
LOL  please, someday, do engage in some discussion. i really hope you can put down your wall, whatever is causing it to be up; whether insecuirty, fear of failure, or just simply arrogance.. i know not..  but for all your faults i do sense some kind intellectualism there and thus would enjoy conversing about ANY subject that interests you..  :)
Intelligence: 1%
Condescension: 79.10%
Delusion: 19%
Proprietary insane bomz mix: .9%

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: February 09, 2012, 05:14:37 PM »
gravity does not act on photons  >:(

see previous post for clarification

The warping of space-time does affect photons. Or are you referring to something else here?
from incomplete data

Xerxes

« Reply #91 on: February 09, 2012, 05:14:48 PM »
Ron Paul wants to abolish the department of education altogether

Yeah he wants to transition student loans away from federal government and back to local governments and private banks/marke solutions, what a nutcase  ::).

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: February 09, 2012, 05:16:02 PM »
lol...I see what you are doing here....brilliant

Go choke on a dildo, please.

"This thread will be 10 pages before blablabla"

::)
from incomplete data

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #93 on: February 09, 2012, 05:16:29 PM »

No stupid, thats not what I was getting at. What I'm getting at unless his parents are helping him in some way she shouldn't be using the loan as a WANT but rather a NEED. I see too many students using they're student loan money on things OTHER than school. He said himself he's spoiled so thats what he WANTS but in reality he doesn't NEED something that expensive.....get it?? When comes up short for school he's going to be fucked.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: February 09, 2012, 05:16:34 PM »
not university of pheonix..  this university has every accreditation imagineable.. respected among business.. non profit.. you see its commercials on t.v. sometimes.. been featured in new york times, nightline, NPR... very good school..

btw, i don't think any of you realize how insanely hilarious this is

seriously, read it again and it will put anything Damon Wayans did during his In Living Colour years to shame

Xerxes

« Reply #95 on: February 09, 2012, 05:16:47 PM »
2012 is here folks

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: February 09, 2012, 05:17:59 PM »
Go choke on a dildo, please.

"This thread will be 10 pages before blablabla"

::)

the fact that you repeat and acknowledge that meme means that i've accomplished what i wanted

for such a smart man you should know better than to feed a obvious troll............idiot

Xerxes

« Reply #97 on: February 09, 2012, 05:18:38 PM »
No stupid, thats not what I was getting at. What I'm getting at unless his parents are helping him in some way she shouldn't be using the loan as a WANT but rather a NEED. I see too many students using they're student loan money on things OTHER than school. He said himself he's spoiled so thats what he WANTS but in reality he doesn't NEED something that expensive.....get it?? When comes up short for school he's going to be fucked.

You calling me stupid, thats rich. He can use his student loan however the fuck he chooses, its his loan, its his responsibility.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: February 09, 2012, 05:19:21 PM »
btw, lovemonkey- I also have a friend called the "wallet inspector" that would love to meet you

225for70

• Getbig IV
  • Suckmymuscle is OneMoreRep's little bitch
« Reply #99 on: February 09, 2012, 05:19:52 PM »
Tombz living large on student loans...