Author Topic: Scotty Bower's Book Full Service - Steve Reeves implicated  (Read 64293 times)

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
Re: Steve Reeves G4P?
« Reply #75 on: February 23, 2012, 06:53:25 PM »
Is it possible that Reeves made it big in Hollywood and bodybuilding because he woman like his pictures and movies?  90% of shit in America is and has always been "marketed" to women.  Women control 65 percent of global spending and more than 80 percent of U.S. spending.

Women made Paul Newman, Robert Redford, George Clooney and Brad Pitt rich too.  ;)

No bro. Old jewish guys giving them their big break made them rich...
Trans Milkshake.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: February 24, 2012, 02:12:20 AM »
Ignorance is bliss.  ::)

Yep

In certain cases its best

Just like I don't look at john wayne movies the same

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: February 24, 2012, 02:23:56 AM »
Although he was talking about other photographs in another thread Gordiano’s quote makes the point rather well.  It doesn’t take a 2012 perspective to see that so many of those photos from yesteryear were in fact gay.  It is amusing to hear more than one of you insist on some kind of “proof” that these muscle/fitness heroes from years ago were swinging both ways.  You call for “proof” as if bodybuilders peddling their muscles just started last year and prior to that homosexual behavior among bodybuilders never existed. 

This all goes back to Sandow and even before...  :-*

This does make sense, in a way, and sandow was gay or bisexual, whatever, that is true. And many, many others

But if I decide to take my physique to its limits and beyond to compete in bbing contests, its not gonna change my orientation from hetero to homo, is it?
Even if the people in audience are men, maybe gay, it doesn't automatically make me gay, does it?

What you're saying is guys do favours for gays to progress and further themselves?

That, is fact in bodybuilding, and I'm sure its been around since the dumbell was invented. But doesn't mean we're all gay

(no homo)

;D

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: February 24, 2012, 07:55:12 AM »
This does make sense, in a way, and sandow was gay or bisexual, whatever, that is true. And many, many others

Why would you believe that?  You have no proof!  :D

But if I decide to take my physique to its limits and beyond to compete in bbing contests, its not gonna change my orientation from hetero to homo, is it?
Even if the people in audience are men, maybe gay, it doesn't automatically make me gay, does it?

No, but it does mean you are engaging in gay behavior.  Aspiring to show off your body to a room full of men while wearing a thong is not a heterosexual ambition.  :-*

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Re: Steve Reeves G4P - Scotty Bowers' memoirs 'Full Service'
« Reply #79 on: February 24, 2012, 07:56:20 AM »
Bay is on this thread like a hobo on a hotdog ! ;D

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: February 24, 2012, 08:03:33 AM »
Bay is on this thread like a hobo on a hotdog ! ;D

Are we to conclude that you posted in this thread 7 times because you weren't interested in this topic?  :-*

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: February 24, 2012, 08:06:28 AM »
Are we to conclude that you posted in this thread 7 times because you weren't interested in this topic?  :-*
Just trying to convey the idea that you are presently basking in your glory.  ;D

Jaime

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: February 24, 2012, 08:07:18 AM »
Bay approaches things from a hypersexual male perspective.

Think about the female psyche. Attention whoring is not necessarily related to sexuality.
Trans Milkshake.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: February 24, 2012, 08:09:01 AM »
Just trying to convey the idea that you are presently basking in your glory.  ;D

Reeves is not my idea of muscle glory.  His pecs are too small and his glutes aren't shredded!  :(

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #84 on: February 24, 2012, 08:14:35 AM »
And away we go.....  

Where did you go?

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #85 on: February 24, 2012, 08:15:40 AM »
Are you really this clueless.  Really? ???

Keep taking history lessons from movies.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: February 24, 2012, 08:16:51 AM »
Reeves is not my idea of muscle glory.  His pecs are too small and his glutes aren't shredded!  :(
LOL  :)

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #87 on: February 24, 2012, 08:20:56 AM »
Bay got his ass handed to him by ND in this thread!

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #88 on: February 24, 2012, 08:24:54 AM »
My agenda?  What exactly is my agenda?   ???

Here is another question for you: what is the "agenda" of a man who trains for thousands of hours in the gym, eats like crazy, injects supplements to make his muscles grow unnaturally large (even to the point of risking his health) just so he can put on a thong and flex his muscles for an audience of men?  Or do you still believe the guy who does this is doing it “for the ladies”?  Is musclegallery.com for the ladies?  Connect... the... dots... my friend.  ::)  http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=248135.0

The training, eating, drugs etc. is not soley in order to flex to an audience.  It's a preferred look the individual has and is willing to do a lot to obtain it.  Not everything we do has sexual motives.  Sometimes I wear clothes for example that my wife doesn't like or I know women in general don't like, but it's just a look I prefer so I do it...not everything we do is in order to attract someone sexually.

As for the second part, competing, most do it just out of a sense of competitiveness, to see where they stand against others who are pursuing a muscular physique, or in extreme cases as in the top few in the world it's done even to earn an income.  Again, doesn't have to be sexual in any way.  I bet less than 10% of competitive boybuilders are motivated to compete in order to impress any gender or get laid.

You really find it difficult thinking outside of the sexual-box huh?  :-\

hematocritter

• Getbig III
« Reply #89 on: February 24, 2012, 09:06:05 AM »
I had no clue before coming onto these message boards how many people train
for sexual reasons. I am shocked at how many people use steroids to 'bang more chicks'
or attract men or whatever the person is into.
I honestly didn't think anyone really cared about muscles, even chicks. I do notice they like a lean
midsection, but I don't think having some extra muscle really makes a difference between
getting laid or not.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: February 24, 2012, 09:47:15 AM »
I had no clue before coming onto these message boards how many people train
for sexual reasons. I am shocked at how many people use steroids to 'bang more chicks'
or attract men or whatever the person is into.
I honestly didn't think anyone really cared about muscles, even chicks. I do notice they like a lean
midsection, but I don't think having some extra muscle really makes a difference between
getting laid or not.

Really?  There is a part of me that does not quite believe you.  One does not have to be a fan of bodybuilding to know about Chippendale dancers, for example.  Why do you think those guys and other who perform at bachelorette parties are so buff?  It is certainly not because they are professional athletes.  They are trying to gratify their audiences by showing off their muscular physiques.  Something very similar happens in professional bodybuilding though the emphasis is less explicit.  Even so, bodybuilding has always had competitors who performed offstate in explicitly sexual avenues like musclegallery.com, Jimmy’s muscle jams, private posing, etc.

Some (male) competitors are surprisingly sexual when competing on the pro stage: humping the floor, doing the splits, etc.  If you have seen this, even in passing, then you knew that people trained for sexual reasons.  You may not have wanted to know so you declined to connect… the… dots… but on some level you knew.  http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=248135.0

For future reference, any time you see a muscular man with his shirt off outside of an appropriate venue (the beach, the locker room, etc.) he is trading on his sexuality.  By the way, women do this all the time, but it has become so normalized in our culture that people do not even notice it anymore.  Have you ever noticed how often women’s clothing (a gown, dress, sweater, blouse, etc.) is cut with a plunging neckline?  Why do you think that is?  It is so that the breasts can be pressed together and offered forth for explicit viewing the bosom.  See here for more on this http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=415687.0

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #91 on: February 24, 2012, 09:50:22 AM »
lol i know it but i dont want to believe it lmao, i can understand flexing on cam, even shoving beads up your ass on cam... but man, i couldn't imagine big ron bent over and getting anal-ed by some schmoe and screaming out " ain't nuttin but a peanut!"
Haney, Yates and Ronnie did not bend over for anyone.

Jaime

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: February 24, 2012, 09:55:16 AM »

Wishfull thinking.

I would guess that you can't become Mr O without eating a lot of sperm.
Trans Milkshake.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: February 24, 2012, 09:59:31 AM »

Maybe not, but they all posed in decidedly gay photo shoots—whether they realized it or not.  Add Cutler to the list.

Serious question:

How in the fuck do you agree (if you're Cutler) with a shot like the one below? Was it taken for a bbing mag? If so, most of the readers are men, so I fail to see the appeal in taking such a shot for a man's muscle mag (unless of course the readers are gay).

Was it taken for a "playgirl" like mag, that supposedly appeals to women? That I could understand......

I guess it's just me, but I wonder how something like that goes down, and someone like Jay agrees to it.

Schmoe Photographer: Okay Jay, for our next shoot, we'll need you to slip into these tiny daisy dukes. Our readers really seem to enjoy that look....

Jay: Okay....as long as our "readers" like it....

Schmoe Photographer: Also, I need you lo leave them unbuttoned, so as to making it look like your removing them......

;D

the trainer

« Reply #94 on: February 24, 2012, 10:04:40 AM »
Why would you believe that?  You have no proof!  :D

No, but it does mean you are engaging in gay behavior.  Aspiring to show off your body to a room full of men while wearing a thong is not a heterosexual ambition.  :-*

You are wrong, there are also a lot of women at bodybuilding shows but for some reason you choose to ignore that, gay guys also go to mma and boxing show because those guys are showing off their bodies also, does that make it a gay sport no, so being a bodybuilder or mma fighter or boxer is a heterosexual ambition like anything else.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: February 24, 2012, 10:18:14 AM »
You are wrong, there are also a lot of women at bodybuilding shows but for some reason you choose to ignore that, gay guys also go to mma and boxing show because those guys are showing off their bodies also, does that make it a gay sport no, so being a bodybuilder or mma fighter or boxer is a heterosexual ambition like anything else.

Tell that to your gf the next time to you sit down to watch a muscle gallery video or flexing shredded glutes at a BB show.  Maybe she will believe you.  :-*

"This is a heterosexual ambition."  I'm sure that is what Gunter was thinking when he posed and flexed in his daisy dukes.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: February 24, 2012, 10:24:51 AM »
Tell that to your gf the next time to you sit down to watch a muscle gallery video or flexing shredded glutes at a BB show.  Maybe she will believe you.  :-*

"This is a heterosexual ambition."  I'm sure that is what Gunter was thinking when he posed and flexed in his daisy dukes.

For some odd reason,I watched this video and did not become sexually aroused........Oh my God,I must be straight.  ;D

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: February 24, 2012, 10:28:23 AM »
For some odd reason,I watched this video and did not become sexually aroused........Oh my God,I must be straight.  ;D

Presumably you knew that before you watched the video.  ;) 

But riddle me this:  what is the "agenda" of a man who makes a video like that wearing daisy dukes?  ::)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: February 24, 2012, 10:30:40 AM »
Presumably you knew that before you watched the video.  ;)  

But riddle me this:  what is the "agenda" of a man who makes a video like that wearing daisy dukes?  ::)
Well,I honestly do see your point,and can offer no retort......definately tailored for the gay or gay-curious crowd.

I agree on a lot of your points,but Steve Reeves was a straight man dammit!!!!    :'(

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: February 24, 2012, 10:52:14 AM »
Well,I honestly do see your point,and can offer no retort......definately tailored for the gay or gay-curious crowd.

I agree on a lot of your points,but Steve Reeves was a straight man dammit!!!!    :'(

Your Honor, the prosecution rests.  ;D

Seriously, what I find amusing about this is that the people doing the muscle-for-sex or muscle-for-titillation are not anonymous wannabes.  In many cases, they are the well-known competitors we are all familiar with so it is not as if the official bodybuilding world can say those are minor rogue agents that have nothing to do with our wholesome sport.

Doz, Nasser, Haney, Cutler, Gunter, J. Jackson, Paco B., C. Titus, K. Green, etc.  ALL of them have either made lusty videos, sold articles of clothing, private posed, or posed in curiously gay themed photo shoots in daisy dukes.  In other words, this activity is not marginal; it lies at the core of pro bodybuilding.  That is true today, it was true when Reeves was on the scene, and it was true when Sandow himself was flexing.