Author Topic: get rid of religion if we want evolve  (Read 24448 times)

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
Re: get rid of religion if we want evolve
« Reply #175 on: February 23, 2012, 09:14:40 PM »
to be born is to be brainwashed.
When we are young...........our minds are extremely gullible and are like sponges and soak up everything we hear and those imposed thoughts/beliefs are forever staind/tattooed in our minds.

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #176 on: February 23, 2012, 09:22:00 PM »
I myself see Christianity as a worldly religion. Why is it trying to be the One dominant religion of the world then???? And why are there Christian based churches? Like i said in a previous post..........Real faith/believe come from within the Mind and heart........not from sitting in a building where religious thoughts/believes are mentally imposed on somebody.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #177 on: February 24, 2012, 07:01:37 AM »
I myself see Christianity as a worldly religion. Why is it trying to be the One dominant religion of the world then???? And why are there Christian based churches? Like i said in a previous post..........Real faith/believe come from within the Mind and heart........not from sitting in a building where religious thoughts/believes are mentally imposed on somebody.

So you oppose Christianity, Christ, religion in general and organized churches, but you have no issue with faith or belief?   What then do you have faith or belief in?

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #178 on: February 24, 2012, 07:07:22 AM »
I myself see Christianity as a worldly religion. Why is it trying to be the One dominant religion of the world then????

Christianity is not "worldly" but I think we've discussed our differing definitions of that before.

Christians are commanded to spread the gospel of Christ; this is a positive thing as long as it is not corrupted by man (which it unfortunately often is).

IrishMuscle, have you ever read Biblical accounts of Jesus' life?  If so, what kind of world do you think we would live in if everyone truly followed His example?
R

Growth NOOB

• Getbig III
« Reply #179 on: February 24, 2012, 09:00:47 AM »
the “cave” is how i know :)

Can you answer my questions or not?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #180 on: February 24, 2012, 09:21:24 AM »
Emotions can be proven to exist.

But thanks for coming out.

Interesting!  How?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #181 on: February 24, 2012, 09:27:07 AM »
A majority of ills suffered by mankind has at its root (often directly) religion.  

Nope.  Remove religion and you'll still have people causing the same, if not more suffering over silly stuff.  Has nothing to do with religion.

Nike Foamposite Galaxy shoe release causes rioting at a Florida mall
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/nike-foamposite-galaxy-shoe-release-causes-rioting-florida-161202536.html

San Francisco Giants Fan in Coma After Being Attacked by L.A. Dodgers Fans
http://abcnews.go.com/US/san-francisco-giants-fan-bryan-stow-coma-attacked/story?id=13298349

Facebook "defriending" led to double murder, police say
http://news.yahoo.com/facebook-defriending-led-double-murder-police-014442236.html

Anger flares in Egypt after 79 die in soccer riot
http://articles.cnn.com/2012-02-02/africa/world_africa_egypt-soccer-deaths_1_soccer-violence-suez-canal-soccer-riot?_s=PM:AFRICA

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #182 on: February 24, 2012, 09:51:02 AM »
You talk about how much you believe in acceptance yet you call a Christian's beliefs a "ridiculous belief in a ghost story" and you call their Supreme Being a "flying spaghetti monster".  Your words are blatantly disrespectful to Christians and are obviously meant to be such.  Backpedaling and saying that you think most are good people doesn't change the fact that your discourse in this thread has been meant to mock and ridicule these people.  And then you accuse them of being intolerant?  I don't have any good friends that are atheists.  Are they all like you?

I can be disrespectful to anyone, and call anyone an idiot, but I am not trying to legislate their ability to be an idiot.  They can do whatever they want, worship whatever they want, etc... Why would i give a fuck? my problem is with people saying that other people can't do something because it contradicts their belief system. 

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #183 on: February 24, 2012, 11:40:29 AM »
So you oppose Christianity, Christ, religion in general and organized churches, but you have no issue with faith or belief?   What then do you have faith or belief in?
I Do not oppose GOD...........I oppose religion/organized churches. Going too church, any kind of church, is having Mentally imposed faith/beliefs put on oneself. Again, Real faith comes from ones own " individual " mind/heart not from sitting in church where others thoughts/beliefs are mentally imposed on someone.

My beliefs are simple.............Coexi st in peace and give others a helping hand when needed.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #184 on: February 24, 2012, 12:02:42 PM »
I Do not oppose GOD...........I oppose religion/organized churches. Going too church, any kind of church, is having Mentally imposed faith/beliefs put on oneself. Again, Real faith comes from ones own " individual " mind/heart not from sitting in church where others thoughts/beliefs are mentally imposed on someone.

My beliefs are simple.............Coexi st in peace and give others a helping hand when needed.

No problem, I appreciate the response.  I agree with you.  There are forms of organized churches/religion that I don't care for either, but I can offer from personal experience that they aren't all bad.  Attending worship/church with fellow believers is a great avenue for strengthening faith and growing your relationship with God.  Excessive showmanship (lights, pyro and pro performers), mega-churches with soft ministry, pandering to the masses for emotional responsiveness with no substance can be off-putting for believers and nonbelievers alike. 

So  you aren't opposed to God, but do you believe in God?  Or are you more of an agnostic? I just like to know who I'm talking to so I don't inadvertently offend someone; although for some the mere mention of God is "highly offensive" LOL!! (I apologize if that was offensive).

Growth NOOB

• Getbig III
« Reply #185 on: February 24, 2012, 12:49:22 PM »
Christianity is not "worldly" but I think we've discussed our differing definitions of that before.

Christians are commanded to spread the gospel of Christ; this is a positive thing as long as it is not corrupted by man (which it unfortunately often is).

IrishMuscle, have you ever read Biblical accounts of Jesus' life?  If so, what kind of world do you think we would live in if everyone truly followed His example?

I think overall the world would be a horrible place.

Abandoning all possessions and taking no thought for the morrow?  Loving your enemies? Turning the other cheek?   The world would be in absolute anarchy.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #186 on: February 24, 2012, 02:36:15 PM »

Abandoning all possessions and taking no thought for the morrow? 

I'm confused...are you referring to a scripture here?  If so, can you please post it?

Loving your enemies? Turning the other cheek?   The world would be in absolute anarchy.

But you wouldn't have any enemies! :)
R

Rhino

• Getbig IV
  • Jesus Christ is lord and savior
« Reply #187 on: February 24, 2012, 11:34:45 PM »

Can you answer my questions or not?
the qur'an itself is a good proof.
X

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #188 on: February 26, 2012, 06:01:27 PM »
I cannot stand people who are bitter... and therefore feel the need to bash people who do have faith.

If you don't have faith.....fine....that is your right....but please don't put religion down....just because you have lost your faith.

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #189 on: March 16, 2012, 08:34:20 AM »
I've never lost faith in myself.

"No one needs Christ, Mohammed or Moses to enter heaven!
This is the biggest lie ever perpetrated against the human race!

The purpose of Christianity, Islam and Judaism is to control every aspect of a believer's life, to prevent them from exploring life and experiencing gnosis.
These are the religions of the damned. Illumination, the secret mystery religion is the antidote. There are no rules and no boundaries.

You shape yourself, you make yourself!
There is no one to save you other than yourself.
It's not Christ, Mohammed or Moses who's responsible for your life, it's you.
In the end, souls judge themselves.

Salvation comes to those who strive for the divine, not those who pick a holy book from the many available and slavishly follow it like robots.
Nothing is more disgusting than to see the masses of Christian, Jewish and Muslim androids, believing themselves to be human when they are merely machines.
Anyone who seeks an instruction manual craves to be instructed.

That is not the road to salvation.

Salvation doesn't lie in a rulebook. What matters is whether you have lived in the right way, with the right priorities and, above all, as an individual rather than a machine.

Reject all sacred texts.
Reject all prophets.

*** God is inside you. ***

You need no one and nothing else. You contain your own salvation...

The righteous always save themselves."

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #190 on: March 16, 2012, 12:22:56 PM »
Hi freespirit!

Was your above post written by you or someone else?  If someone else can you please tell us who it is?
It is interesting.

Could you please explain how Christianity aims to "control every aspect of a believer's life [and] prevent them from exploring life and experiencing gnosis?"

Do you realize the Christian Bible is not a "rulebook" of rules to follow to "achieve salvation" and in fact states that we are "saved by faith through grace and not of works, so that no one can boast?" (Eph 2:8,9)

Also, does your quote indicate that people are their own God or did I misinterpret that?

R

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #191 on: March 16, 2012, 03:53:41 PM »
The religions that are still around are highly likely to stem from a single 'oldschool' one.

It reminds me of one factory producing 3 "different" products which will then be used by funnypeople to describe themselves as superior to the other. While in "reality" giving due props to a piece of wording that has cosmic meaning and origin(ongoing + coming wars, etc.).
I'm sure Übermann can enlighten us about above assumptions because he knows way more.

Islam is a joke in our country because the readings/teachings are in arab while the predominant number of listeners don't understand this language.
It is used as political leverage to further justify turkish influence.

Religions seem to try to describe in words what one can only feel if it need to be really authentic.
A shortcut to gain knowledge of religion/fate without reading is to take select mind altering substances - this is the "lazy" man's approach to wisdom... you don't even have to raise a finger or read a single line.

2012 is the end of times as we know it.

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #192 on: March 18, 2012, 01:35:27 AM »
Hi freespirit!

Was your above post written by you or someone else?  If someone else can you please tell us who it is?
It is interesting.

Could you please explain how Christianity aims to "control every aspect of a believer's life [and] prevent them from exploring life and experiencing gnosis?"

Do you realize the Christian Bible is not a "rulebook" of rules to follow to "achieve salvation" and in fact states that we are "saved by faith through grace and not of works, so that no one can boast?" (Eph 2:8,9)

Also, does your quote indicate that people are their own God or did I misinterpret that?

I forgot who wrote that, but it sounds logic to me. Religion to me is brainwashing. There is no God in the heavens above who is going to send a messiah to save us. Human kind has to save itself, there's no other way. Gnosis is what you will find in yourself. Socrates guiding rule was: "know thyself".

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #193 on: March 26, 2012, 07:04:09 AM »
Human kind has to save itself,

What do you think the chances are that this could happen?  Do you believe in a type of "heaven?"
R

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #194 on: April 11, 2012, 08:59:19 AM »
Christians have evolved. You don't see Christians killing people in huge numbers like Muslims. Christians who bomb buildings or whatever are outcasts/crazy sick people.

they didnt kill in the name of atheism you moron, they did what they did for humanism at least understand what you are supporting. Too many stupid people in this thread for me to suffer, it makes getbig hard to stay on. There are no logical inroads between atheism and killing others, none, suggest one for me to destroy.

religion is a belief specifically the major religions of mostly low iq people, and average people. Its a savage book of tales containing common sense that obstensibly is availible to all without ever having to read it, nor do the stories of rape help.

godeep

• Getbig II
« Reply #195 on: May 12, 2012, 01:14:21 PM »
I cannot stand people who are bitter... and therefore feel the need to bash people who do have faith.

If you don't have faith.....fine....that is your right....but please don't put religion down....just because you have lost your faith.

That's what so many believers say but don't practice towards those whose beliefs don't match theirs

Organized religion is the biggest sham of all time and continues to inhibit scientific advancement.
l

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #196 on: May 12, 2012, 07:39:14 PM »
G

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #197 on: May 13, 2012, 02:32:01 PM »

I can't stand those that support orginizations that teach absolutes, eternal torture and has a track record of violence and child molestation. I also, can't stand the special privileges relgions have in most countries, nor the indoctrination of children, call me bitter but religion is evil and has to die.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #198 on: May 13, 2012, 07:22:15 PM »
I say absolutely do not get rid of religous organizations.  As much as I don't like them we cannot choose to the right thing often enough as a species with out a moral compass based on religion and the threat of punishment for our sins in the after life. 

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #199 on: May 13, 2012, 10:03:18 PM »

I didn't "lose" any faith. I never had it.

People who make claims bear the burden of evidence. No religion has put forth any.

"Just because you have lost your faith" is a bitter statement in itself.
G